Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Great Signing

FULL Swedish International that has played at levels way beyond Scottish Fitba

Decent Age as well

Welcome to the Rangers - now become part of history as the team that got us back where we truly belong.

Welcome to The Rangers Filip. The aim now is to reach the standards set by our legendary centre half & club captain from Sweden who signed in 1987.

Let's go.

Good to see the board backing the manager with this one. Honestly didn’t see us spending that sort of money on a player this summer.

I like the Scandinavian players as they seem to suite the Scottish game so think this could be a great signing.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I'm surprised by how many rate Katic higher than Goldson.

Katic is good, no doubt, but he's very prone to stepping out to win a ball when he shouldn't and getting caught out. It's the main thing he has to work on.

And Katic himself says regularly that playing next to Goldson makes it easier for him.

There's not a lot between Katic and Goldson on the ball. Defensively, Goldson is stronger just now in terms of positioning, reading a game and leadership.

That's how it should be given their difference in age and experience mind you.

I like how we have sewn up our centre half signings so early in the transfer window. Hopefully, this will stand us in good stead for the season ahead. Last year, Worrall and McAuley were signed at the end of August / beginning of September IIRC.

I don't know whither to thank Dave and the management team or the DUP
Helander 55 for us 1st time of asking
WATP

That we've went all in for this guy must mean we've scouted him extensively, there are plenty of free agents kicking about for this position if we wanted to go down that route, but we've paid a big fee (relative to us anyway) so he's obviously someone we really rate.

Fact it came out the blue is another plus, makes you wonder what else is going on under the radar.

Welcome big man , for the first time in quite a while our central defensive options look really solid.

The Katic Goldson argument had merit last season.

Looks like it will be Helander and Goldson as the main pairing this season , I'm comfortable with that.

Katic will get game time as will Edmundson , I'm sure both can become top class centre backs in the years to come .

Could this have not been made to happen on the Twelfth?
A sash around his neck would also have been a nice touch! :)

What’s the best odds on us winning the league next year?

Kent and I think that’s us done.

I’d be ecstatic with that.

Maybe, being greedy, then a genuine 10. A young Niko type.

Is the 2 more to go the ongoing Kent situation and the clear fact we need some form of striker? Or is there more definite info in the rumour mill?

Very exciting.

Do we need another striker if Morelos stays? Think I’d be content for Stewart to fill that role if Defoe/Morelos were injured?

Welcome big Fil.

Boy looks like an absolute beast thst will eat every jobber 'high ball expert' for his lunch.

Bring it on

Could this have not been made to happen on the Twelfth?
A sash around his neck would also have been a nice touch! :)

What’s the best odds on us winning the league next year?
You should never distract attention away from the 12th!

Welcome to the family Filip.

Really excited with this one. A 26 year old 6,4" Swedish international CH who has played the last 3 years in Serie A.

This is what makes me think the mentally challengeds have no transfer strategy whatsoever. They are claiming to have paid what, 6-7 million on a french defender who was part of one of the worst, if not THE worst defence in Ligue 1 last season. While we have signed a 26 year old international defender from Serie A for half of that. I bet they have paid about 3 million for that lad and as usuall trying to appease the hordes with media bullshit.

Anyhow, let's hope Helander can take the qaulity up another notch and form a solid partnership with someone in front of Allan McGregor.

We really are seeing a talented young squad being built for our benefit under Steven Gerrard. How things have changed around Ibrox this last year and a bit.

Bring home that title Filip!!!

Back