2 players to Hearts on loan?

im_a_good_bluenose

jambo in work beside who has been pretty spot on with info in the past, says today Levein is working hard to bring two Rangers players in on a season long loan but wouldn’t name names.
Anyone heard anything about this?
*dont shoot the messenger I’m only asking a question about what I’ve been told and have no idea if there is any mileage in it or not*

If they want these players on loan then they should pay at least 70-80% of the wages plus a loan fee.

That mob played hardball with us over Jamie Walker losing money on him just to spite us.

Unless it’s financially beneficial to Rangers we shouldn’t lift a hand to help them out one bit.

Sending players of a decent standard out to other SPFL clubs is something we have missed in recent years.

The filth have players at most clubs strengthening their side vs us and then unable to play versus the tramps.

I loathe to assist any other SPFL club but there's a bit of an indirect benefit to us doing this.

Only one player can be loaned to a team in the same league so your mate is wrong or getting information mixed up.

A free transfer and a player on loan would be more realistic. Especially with so many surplus to requirements.

Only one player can be loaned to a team in the same league so your mate is wrong or getting information mixed up.

A free transfer and a player on loan would be more realistic. Especially with so many surplus to requirements.
Could happen if one of them is a young player. Development loans don't count towards it

Och, I suppose I'm just still a wee bit sore about that time them and 9 other clubs tried to put Rangers out of existence. Not really in the mood to be helping them out with a couple of players. Must just be me, wit ma like eh? :rolleyes:
Three clubs tried to force us out of existence and forced the hands of another six, but I get the point.

Why anyone would be against this is baffling.

Why would people care about the style of football if it is Lafferty and Dorrans Hearts are interested in?

They won’t be Rangers players next season.

Hearts are capable of taking points off the scum so if we can provide some assistance there, great.

This comes up all the time and I have, let's say, reservations. I think many underestimate the hatred fans of other clubs have for us.

A Rangers player on loan at a Scottish club is up against it - from all sides. Results start to go the wrong way - it's the Rangers loanee whos going to get it in the neck from fans. Manager under pressure - it's the Rangers loanee he's going to drop to appease the fans. Imagine Ross McCrorie at Hearts making a 50/50 challenge - the media and other fans all over it demanding the CO takes action.

Some might say that helps a young lad prepare for life at Rangers. For sure, they will face those pressures at Rangers. However, a young lad going on loan is doing it to 'make his mistakes' and learn from them. He's going there to gain the confidence that playing regularly comes from. They can 'learn' about the pressure when they come back. I think Gerrard has it right in sending them to League 1 and League 2 down South where they can mature as a person away from the comforts of home, where they can play without the glare of the Scottish media and all that it brings and where, generally, they can be guaranteed game time.

That said, the foregoing is all related to younger players going on loan. If, as some have suggested, it could be Lafferty and/or Dorrans that is a different prospect entirely. We would not be seeking to develop those guys - just get them out the door.

Last edited:
I agree with the Rangers first fuk the rest, but I wouldn't be against building relationships with 1 or 2 clubs to loan our players to and get dibs on up and coming youngsters. Hearts, Dundee, Hamilton and Killie. Killie were fine until the alkie started his offended pish

This comes up all the time and I have, let's say, reservations. I think many underestimate the hatred fans of other clubs have for us.

A Rangers player on loan at a Scottish club is up against it - from all sides. Results start to go the wrong way - it's the Rangers loanee whos going to get it in the neck from fans. Manager under pressure - it's the Rangers loanee he's going to drop to appease the fans. Imagine Ross McCrorie at Hearts making a 50/50 challenge - the media and other fans all over it demanding the CO takes action.

Some might say that helps a young lad prepare for life at Rangers. For sure, they will face those pressures at Rangers. However, a young lad going on loan is doing it to 'make his mistakes' and learn from them. He's going there to gain the confidence that playing regularly comes from. They can 'learn' about the pressure when they come back. I think Gerrard has it right in sending them to League 1 and League 2 down South where they can mature as a person away from the comforts of home, where they can play without the glare of the Scottish media and all that it brings.

That said, the forgoing is all related to younger players going on loan. If, as some have suggested, it could be Lafferty and/or Dorrans that is a different prospect entirely. We would not be seeking to develop those guys - just get them out the door.
There is still a big element of Hearts fans that have a soft spot for us, well the staunch Unionists that hate the mentally challengeds anyway.

If they want these players on loan then they should pay at least 70-80% of the wages plus a loan fee.

That mob played hardball with us over Jamie Walker losing money on him just to spite us.

Unless it’s financially beneficial to Rangers we shouldn’t lift a hand to help them out one bit.
This. Some people have short memories.

Could happen if one of them is a young player. Development loans don't count towards it

I think they are all classed as development loans these days and are allowed to play for their parent club in the Challenge Cup, Reserve League, Reserve Cup and Reserve Challenge Cup.

Still limited to 1 from a club in the same division or 2 if in a different division.

If that was the case then we would see more than 1 player on loan to teams in same division and more than 2 in other divisions.

Why anyone would be against this is baffling.

Why would people care about the style of football if it is Lafferty and Dorrans Hearts are interested in?

They won’t be Rangers players next season.

Hearts are capable of taking points off the scum so if we can provide some assistance there, great.
This man gets it.

I genuinely despair sometimes. As if the potential of Hearts taking a couple of extra bonus points off Celtic is worth us doing business with them after their behaviour.

Are you actually saying that Hearts taking 3 or 6 points off Celtic couldn’t have a major impact on the destination of the title?

I expect things to be extremely tight this season so 3 or 6 points could be absolutely massive.

If you think ‘a few extra points’ will be insignificant are you assuming that either us or the scum will be running away with the title?

Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite to your face.

What if these two apparent loanees helped to take valuable points from the scum?
If they want Dorrans and Lafferty then they can buy them. Otherwise, they should be told to fcuk off.

Are you actually saying that Hearts taking 3 or 6 points off Celtic couldn’t have a major impact on the destination of the title?

I expect things to extremely tight this season so 3 or 6 points could be absolutely massive.
I'm genuinely saying a club who wanted us dead should be given absolutely zero favours from us. That's what I'm saying.

Reactions: TN8
If they want Dorrans and Lafferty then they can buy them. Otherwise, they should be told to fcuk off.

And if they help taking points off the Tims?

We aren't doing them a favour. We would be taking a practical decision to help us - if there aren't any better alternatives.

Back