Frankfurt Morelos

What happens if he has brain fart again mate and gets sent off his price will drop.
Trust SG if he thinks he can be replaced then that’s it for me.
what if he doesnt and scores 30 plus helps us win the league, you see it goes both ways and is meaningless, what isnt is the fact the guy scores goals and lots of them thats not in dispute.
I may have missed where SG said he could replace Alfie I thought he wanted to keep him, but maybe missed him stating that

what if he doesnt and scores 30 plus helps us win the league, you see it goes both ways and is meaningless, what isnt is the fact the guy scores goals and lots of them thats not in dispute.
I may have missed where SG said he could replace Alfie I thought he wanted to keep him, but maybe missed him stating that

Did I say he said it for the world to hear?

Quite simple, it plays a large part in your thinking .

Where we are financially in Scotland is the deciding factor , if you think we can buy a player for £1m and be offered circa 20 times that and turn it down , then fair enough.

My point is, when you throw in how he has been treated in Scotland it makes the decision to sell even more sensible .

If he stays ,for whatever reason ,there will be people on here frothing at the gash because of his treatment both on and off the park next season and rightly so.

Fact is, it won't stop him getting bogus red cards etc., maybe if the club were actually willing to back him to the hilt when he is obviously wronged , who knows .

The problem is , even though I believe he has been harshly treated at times, he doesn't help himself at times either.

That's what will be jumped on next season , we all know it.
OK fair enough, you have now added in the fiscal issues that weren't in your original post, of which I agree, it is crucial we remain financially viable, if selling Alfie was a purely financial decision then let the club come out and state it.
Again if we are going to sell a player in part for the reason that he gets unfair treatment by officials then I can have no truck with that, the game in Scotland is well and truly f ucked in my view

Gotta love it. Apparently we suddenly played better when Morelos came off, it obviously wasn’t that the other part time mob were knackered and had completely thrown in the towel by the end.

Can someone explain the away leg to me? Because we were stinking when Defoe was up front and far better when Morelos was on, so can someone explain how that works...

Given our striker situation we may need two at least in the long term to replace him and Defoe with Lafferty on the way out and they need to be two of high potential and excellent quality

OK fair enough, you have now added in the fiscal issues that weren't in your original post, of which I agree, it is crucial we remain financially viable, if selling Alfie was a purely financial decision then let the club come out and state it.
Again if we are going to sell a player in part for the reason that he gets unfair treatment by officials then I can have no truck with that, the game in Scotland is well and truly f ucked in my view
Look mate ,whether we agree or not thems the facts as things stand.

The risk is that there are more horrors to come next season and his value nose dives.

If we get a large offer that meets our valuation he will be sold

One thing I will agree with you on is that Scottish football is fucked , thought that was just generally accepted by all bears .

what about winning the league? or even getting into the group stages of the EL, Alfie has to be an asset for us to realise this surely, then sell him next year for 30m if thats the best for the club

That’s what I think the club will do mate. I may be wrong. Have been before.

Just remember spending that cash in fees brings significant added salary costs too.

Look mate whether we agree or not thems the facts as they stand.

The risk is that there are more horrors to come next season and his value nose dives.

If we get a large offer that meets our valuation he will be sold

One thing I will agree with you on is that Scottish football is fucked , thought that was just generally accepted by all bears .
really dont want to labour this point but I think its critical as to how our supporters view Alfie and wether he should stay for this season.
It looks like it boils down to a question of risk and how that is assessed, known player proven goal scorer with suspect temperament versus completely unknown striker I know which one I want

really dont want to labour this point but I think its critical as to how our supporters view Alfie and wether he should stay for this season.
It looks like it boils down to a question of risk and how that is assessed, known player proven goal scorer with suspect temperament versus completely unknown striker I know which one I want
That's your call mate , not going to argue the point any more.

what about winning the league? or even getting into the group stages of the EL, Alfie has to be an asset for us to realise this surely, then sell him next year for 30m if thats the best for the club

Just for-the record mate. I love Morelos.

Fought for him when many wanted him sold for over a year.

Gotta love it. Apparently we suddenly played better when Morelos came off, it obviously wasn’t that the other part time mob were knackered and had completely thrown in the towel by the end.

Can someone explain the away leg to me? Because we were stinking when Defoe was up front and far better when Morelos was on, so can someone explain how that works...
Its obviously cause the rest of the team seen Morelos come on and knew they had to up their game to make up for how shite Alfie is, no?

Like most I'd prefer he didnt go however if the 3 clubs are after him then there is a bidding war which can only be good for the Club and therefore funds for us to get a replacement. Like I said preferred he stayed but good if he goes

That doesn’t fit the narrative on here. And let’s be honest we shouldn’t be relying on a 37-year-old to play 40 games per season, no matter who he is.

Just for-the record mate. I love Morelos.

Fought for him when many wanted him sold for over a year.
me too mate I think he's the best player in the league and one of the best we have had in a long time, just seems his disciplinary issues are pitting some against him and a sell looks attractive if the price is right, whatever that means

You work with a scout from Bordeaux ? Just curious, what is it you do ?
He's from Bordeaux, lives between Poland and Edinburgh, can through their youths but never made it. His wife is Polish. He recommended 6 players from Poland to Bordeaux years ago and they all went on to do well in Germany and Italy so they asked if he would watch Scotland and Poland for them.

That doesn’t fit the narrative on here. And let’s be honest we shouldn’t be relying on a 37-year-old to play 40 games per season, no matter who he is.
Doesnt matter apparently if we sell for 20m and spend 5m on another striker then job done

Exactly. First half 2.0 and Second half 8.0 over the tie, but it’s because JD is better than Alfie ?
They got similar game time over the two legs & Alfie scores more too :D:D

me too mate I think he's the best player in the league and one of the best we have had in a long time, just seems his disciplinary issues are pitting some against him and a sell looks attractive if the price is right, whatever that means

I know Chastu.

Bewilders & saddens me equally :mad:

Morelos has got to stay for the season ahead. In my opinion we are better with him leading the line and can see Alfredo and Arfield linking up great together.

Exactly. Morelos is here for 55. Why any Bear wants rid of our best player for well over a decade is mind boggling.

Its not the fact we want rid of AM. It's being realistic. The young lad won't want to waste his career in a backwater country where he's a marked man by our Ref's (call them that loosely), hammer throwing teams etc etc.

The man is a superb talent and will undoubtedly go on to star for a team in a far bigger competition. Maybe not as illustrious as Us but in a FAR better league plus treble his wages or whatever.

I hope he stays but I'm also a realist.

Pishing myself laughing at folk on here saying not many players move from the Bundesliga to the English Premier League.

Frankfurt have just sold Haller to West Ham United for £45 million. How can people choose to be this woefully misinformed!? I get not everyone follows football outwith Rangers and the odd league down south, but why even pretend to know what you are talking about on an online forum!? Baffling.

Doesnt matter apparently if we sell for 20m and spend 5m on another striker then job done
What if we buy another striker who costs £1m from , I don’t know some out of the way country like Finland. Selling Morelos doesn’t guarantee we don’t win the league , we will buy if we sell , it’s all down to howthe incoming player does, there is no guarantee in football.

Bundesliga would be a cracking league for Morelos. He does well and he could end up at Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund or a big club in the English Premiership.

He's got the weapons to destroy that league.

Personally I hope he stays, smashes us to '55 and leaves an absolute hero.

Its not the fact we want rid of AM. It's being realistic. The young lad won't want to waste his career in a backwater country where he's a marked man by our Ref's (call them that loosely), hammer throwing teams etc etc.

The man is a superb talent and will undoubtedly go on to star for a team in a far bigger competition. Maybe not as illustrious as Us but in a FAR better league plus treble his wages or whatever.

I hope he stays but I'm also a realist.
Surely him wanting to leave us is just your opinion you dont know this for a fact

What if we buy another striker who costs £1m from , I don’t know some out of the way country like Finland. Selling Morelos doesn’t guarantee we don’t win the league , we will buy if we sell , it’s all down to howthe incoming player does, there is no guarantee in football.
to use an old proverb " a bird in the hand" LOL

Bundesliga would be a cracking league for Morelos. He does well and he could end up at Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund or a big club in the English Premiership.

He's got the weapons to destroy that league.

Personally I hope he stays, smashes us to '55 and leaves an absolute hero.
yep Im for that, and at much higher price than we will probably get now

to use an old proverb " a bird in the hand" LOL

I just don’t get the panic about something that hasn’t happened yet and if it does has happened many times in the past. Player comes , player goes, replace, improve or at least try to.:p

I just don't want to lose our most important striker heading into a massive season for the club.

Every one in Scotland want Morelos gone - why, because he's a player with qualities and absolutely bullies Scottish football.
yes the rest are shit scared of him he terrifies defences, jut want to see him put a few past Septic

Surely him wanting to leave us is just your opinion you dont know this for a fact

Where did I say he wanted to leave us as of now?

I merely stated he would not want to spend his WHOLE career in this dead beat, backwater. It's quite simple really.

FWIW. Id rather he stayed this season for 55.

If he stays, barring any injuries, we all know (even with a couple of red cards), he's still scoring at least 30 goals this season. So, we can't be in any worse a position this time next year, but he'll have hopefully fired us to 55 by that point, then we can cash in.
If he goes, it's got to be at least £20m in today's market. We use the cash to bring in Roofe and Kent whilst retaining a profit. Win/Win.
If not, I see Dodoo's back in training... FML

Its like some folk back themselves into a corner and won’t budge no matter how stupid it sounds.

The fact there are moon units on here who want to hound our best player out, and I’m not even sure they’re timposters, is astounding.

I’m not surprised Frankfurt are interested in Morelos, I watched quite a few of their games last season and I wouldn’t be shocked if Morelos went there and be as good as Jovic was for them, they are very similar in style.

Where did I say he wanted to leave us as of now?

I merely stated he would not want to spend his WHOLE career in this dead beat, backwater. It's quite simple really.

FWIW. Id rather he stayed this season for 55.
you didnt ,you said he would not want to waste his time in a backwater country, I simply asked if this was a fact or you opinion, dont add something that wasnt there

Its like some folk back themselves into a corner and won’t budge no matter how stupid it sounds.

The fact there are moon units on here who want to hound our best player out, and I’m not even sure they’re timposters, is astounding.

I’m not surprised Frankfurt are interested in Morelos, I watched quite a few of their games last season and I wouldn’t be surprised if Morelos went there and be as good as Jovic was for them, they are very similar in style.
There was a guy the other night saying we should loan him out to an EPL team, so if he scored a few goals we'd get more money for him. There was people agreeing with him! o_Oo_Oo_O

I think he will still be at the club at the start of the season.

The club will have a value at which they will be willing to sell and I currently do not see anyone matching that. The best offer I am aware of so far is something like £9m, from China. Has he done anything since then to justify anyone doubling that amount.

I just don’t get the panic about something that hasn’t happened yet and if it does has happened many times in the past. Player comes , player goes, replace, improve or at least try to.:p
but thats not the point of the discussion, its wether or not Alfie should be sold or stay, given there are reported interested parties, yes players come and go, doesnt mean we should sell our best player on the off chance we get someone equal or better

Back