Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Good prep against teams who will be physical and sit deep. They had a spell in the second half where they hunted and chased in midfield and made things difficult. No coincidence it was around the same time Davis went off.

Poor game overall, but a good test of what to expect over the course of the season.

No doubt there'll be loads of folk wetting their knickers as we weren't at our best today, we did seem to struggle when Blackburn upped the intensity but by that point we'd made wholesale changes so not going to read too much into it, even then we had chances, if anything else we are 90 minutes match game fitter.

Jack and Davis certain starters in our midfield right now.

I'd play Aribo alongside them and Arfield further up.
For me Davis was the only real standout today quality wise. Like I said, Jack seems to fly under the radar but barely puts a foot wrong. I agree with you re: Arfield & Aribo.

Bit of a non event after the changes, Kamara looked like he was out to stretch his legs, should never have been caught on the ball before the goal. Good run out against a decent side, sure Gerrard knows Arfy and Davis are starts. Credit to their keeper some good saves. Disappointed thought we were better Team up until the changes and shot ourself in the foot.

Pretty standard pre-season stuff. Gerrard will not be pleased with us being that sloppy though.

Better a performance/result like that comes now than in a competitive game I would say we were the better team we just caused all our own problems at the back for their goal

We were doing well until Gerrard tore our entire middle line up. Maybe a test to see who would step up or maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Came up on Flashscore that we'd scored - bugger

Flashscore is chronic for prematurely announcing that goals have been scored, only to be disallowed/corrected.

Absolutely shite when you’re following games on a coupon.

I’d rather they didn’t change the score line until they know for sure that the goal has stood.

Back