Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Impossible to say that from a pre season, every tackle is half hearted in a friendly is never played with the same intensity as competitive. We also wouldn’t change the squad to that extent mid match. If that was a league game one up Arfield and Davis would have remained on the park. We learned nothing from today that will tell us anything about the Season.

Not sure about that mate, they are the best team we have played and were difficult to break down.
We looked tired today and unimaginative on the ball, esp in the 2nd half.
It is still a friendly but what happened today happened a lot last season in the league, we need to get into the habit of getting into the lead again after losing a goal.

I always check the lino for offside.i was late celebrating tavs opener against the beasts cos i was sure the ref was gonna rule it out cos i thought it might have been an indirect free kick
It came from a foul, why would it have been indirect?

We won it on points surely!
Davis, Arfield and Edmundson were our standouts and we conceded dominance when they were replaced. Of course it was the right decision to make multiple substitutions but on this occasion it negatively affected our play.
Alfie took his ‘goal’ well.

Not sure about that mate, they are the best team we have played and were difficult to break down.
It is still a friendly but what happened today happened a lot last season in the league, we need to get into the habit of getting into the lead again after losing a goal.
Blackburn are better than Marseille? Aye ok

FFS - had to go out at half-time - when we were cruising - and got back 2 minutes after Blackburn had equalised.:( We didn't look too clever in the last 20 minutes or so I'd have to say. That said, we got a much better work-out today than in any game so far. Hopefully a wee boot up the arse and a bit of wisdom gained about when its OK to try and play from the back and when its not.

We absolutely avoided anything physical today with Players minds on Thursday, we were in cruise control until we changed the engine room. We should have won that by a few but if we finished the game with the 11 we started with we wouldn’t have drawn that game. The changes were to get legs in some Players rather than anything tactical. Blackburn’s biggest game of the season for us a run out and no injury concerns for Thursday.

We needed that. Brings us back to Earth before the start of the league.

You’re probably right. Folk get far too excited over friendly wins and victories over part time sides. In saying that I hope the resident loonies can keep from going the other way now and demanding every member of staff be sacked.

I always check the lino for offside.i was late celebrating tavs opener against the beasts cos i was sure the ref was gonna rule it out cos i thought it might have been an indirect free kick
How on earth could you possibly delay yourself from celebrating a goal against them? That's some power of self control.

FFS, it’s a friendly. Good run out no injuries. SG made changes to give players minutes.
There truly are a few Drama Queens on here.
Stay Calm 55 is coming home!

We absolutely avoided anything physical today with Players minds on Thursday, we were in cruise control until we changed the engine room. We should have won that by a few but if we finished the game with the 11 we started with we wouldn’t have drawn that game. The changes were to get legs in some Players rather than anything tactical. Blackburn’s biggest game of the season for us a run out and no injury concerns for Thursday.
It won't be in Blackburn's top 50 games of the season.

I think he's a bit overrated on here tbh. Not saying he hasn't been decent & it's still early days of course, but I've been more impressed with Edmundson in pre season so far than Katic.
Katic played well today and showed good ability in my view.
Had to spend time rescuing mistakes from Tav and Barisic as well as later ones from Kamara!!

What I did like was that when Blackburn moved to a press we still played nice passes at times and didn’t resort to hoofball .

What I didn’t like was the fact that sometimes we struggled with the basics .

A boot up the arse will work wonders for Thursday. Focus will be 100% now. Blessing in disguise imo, t then again I didn’t pay to watch it. Hopefully team’s up for the Derby game, when I will be in attendance...

Marseille piss all over Blackburn and we annihilated them.

Not worried about that. Their goal was a stupid mistake by some of our players, Gerrard will point it out and work on it.

Was a pretty lacklustre performance, Can still see we were by far the better team, bit slow in possesion and limited Blackburn to 1 decent opportunity. Stupid goal to concede but get used to it, it's pretty clear that's the way the gaffer wants us to play, 9.9 times out of 10 it works but there will be times it doesn't so we as a support need to realise that's as part of being a good team to watch, we are gonna have a few howlers which is fine by me

Will be interesting to see if Docherty's lack of game time today means he will be a starter on Thursday.

This game doesn't need Davis and Jack, so I would like to see Aribo and Doc either side of Davis with Arfield, Morelos and Jones in attack.

The game served its purpose in that Gerrard will be closer to knowing his 1st choice midfield;.
Aribo , Davis & Arfield look like our stick on's.

Back