Manager Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes you slating McInnes every 2 minutes rather pointless as well then.
My opion is that he isn,t the man to take us forwardas a club as famous as ours we should be aiming higher than mcinnes.why we arn,t is a mystery could be a number of factors.is mcinnes your first choice as manger or would you rather have some one else unfortunately our last decent manager was walter smith.
We have come to accepted mediocrity over the last few years.but fortunatly neither you or i have to make these decisions the board do every thing else is nothing more than a discussion on amessage board.so basically makes what you say equally pointless.

Last edited:
The trick at the moment is persuading decent players to join with no guarantee of playing every week to supplement a squad, without throwing stupid money at them to make that move...
Moult,Morgan,Walker and McLean would do that from January onwards. Then look to add quality players in 2/3 positions. Being lucky with signings and getting rid of unwanted players, we could have a decent squad come next summer.

We need our signings to be good and theirs to be bad. Them failing to qualify for another champs league season would go a long way aswell. Even if they got europa, they could be playing thurs-sat and constantly playing catch-up. Thats the hope I have.

Sky sports are reporting that this is going to run into next week now.

Anyone any valid info on what could possibly be holding this up if it is going to be mcinnes as suggested about a million times?

Looks like whoever gets the gig is going to be very unpopular with a fare % of Bears,There is no obvious unifying name in the frame,Pity that we have progressed so far in the last 5 and a bit seasons now the impatience is setting in.

My opion is that he isn,t the man to take us forwardas a club as famous as ours we should be aiming higher than mcinnes.why we arn,t is a mystery could be a number of factors.is mcinnes your first choice as manger or would you rather have some one else unfortunately our last decent manager was walter smith.
We have come to accepted mediocrity over the last few years.but fortunatly neither you or i have to make these decisions the board do every thing else is nothing more than a discussion on amessage board.so basically makes what you say equally pointless.

Who would be your number 1 realistic choice then?

That's based on what sort of person you perceive Barry to be. Unless you know him personally, then you're just guessing.

Past behaviour is always the best predictor of future behaviour.

I've played with many guys down the years who off the park, you would struggle to meet a nicer guy but they turn into a moany b*stard as soon as they step onto a football pitch. It's about having standards and being a winner.

Good for him. When will people learn that you being good at something does not translate into you being good at telling others how to do it.

Just saw on Twitter

Derek McInnes was appointed Aberdeen Manager on the 25th March 2013

Tomorrow will thus be day 1690 of his reign in the Pittodrie hotseat.....

Now we know what Rangers have been waiting for.....

:)
I just knew there was a reason behind this

Mcinnes in today or tomorrow, in January molt,Morgan,Maclean,walker and Naismith out the door nemane dalcio and we could get 2nd and win Scottish cup. How good would that be !

Some guy on the AFC forum claiming he was sitting next to Milne on a flight this morning and he said there had been no approach.....

Sky sports are reporting that this is going to run into next week now.

Anyone any valid info on what could possibly be holding this up if it is going to be mcinnes as suggested about a million times?

I don't trust Sky too much. The longer this keeps running the more money they take in on bets. Its a smart business model they have when it comes to the gambling markets on new managers.

We take stupid time in any negotiations. Case in point. You ask price and then do a deal or don’t. Just like any other club.

I’m no expert in hiring football managers but other than a financial complication, I don’t see why he isn’t being announced or even saying that talks are on going?

The whole thing is beginning to seem strange if it’s definitely Derek Mcinnes job.

I’m no expert in hiring football managers but other than a financial complication, I don’t see why he isn’t being announced or even saying that talks are on going?

The whole thing is beginning to seem strange if it’s definitely Derek Mcinnes job.
They wont do it on the day of a Scotland match mate, if its not done tomorrow then i would be wondering whats going in.

Anyone else hearing that, never mind being part of Derek McInnes’s backroom team, Barry Ferguson is due to be unveiled as our manager outright on Monday?
Yep - I heard that too. Sutton the new SLO as well. And Michael O'Neill will be the new bus driver.

Pure dead brilliant news !! ;):cool:

If it is Ferguson then we are well and truly skint and f\/cked for longer than I anticipated.

Nae Barry, Nae Rangers right enough.

Need mair pics of McInnes' bit on the side to cheer me up.

DBVbrMYVwAM4-_m.jpg

I don't trust Sky too much. The longer this keeps running the more money they take in on bets. Its a smart business model they have when it comes to the gambling markets on new managers.

Daft point but BSkyB don’t actually own Sky Bet anymore. They sold it a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back