Rangers Launch New Diversity & Inclusion Campaign – #EveryoneAnyone

No representative of the SNP attended

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson was supported by politicians Pauline McNeill, Anas Sarwar and Frank McAveety, manager Steven Gerrard, first-team and academy players, club legends, fans, and staff to announce this hugely significant programme.
What? Not even our very own self appointed 'sectarian minister'???

How very odd. :rolleyes:

Edit: It's almost as though the SNP think that a core of their supporters are so bitter and twisted that any 'assosiation' with Rangers will lose them votes. What an ugly pathetic section of society eh?

It seems like we want and are trying to be loved by everyone. Rangers have tried this and it makes not one bit of difference. We could sell morelos for 20 mill and give the money to a scottish children's charity and there would be suspicion raised about it. So if we want to get things going,fine,but just let's keep it to ourselves,cause no one else outwith will give us the time of day

Wonder if we will have the church parade back at Ibrox.

More chance of the Pope letting SG kick him up the arse in the centre circle father Ted style.

The OO are seen as an embarrassment by our Club these days and for some time before it - Which is a real pity.

As a Sikh I’ve always been welcomed when I go watch Rangers, never had any issues when going to Ibrox. Some relatives down England always wonder if any abuse gets chucked at me as they can think that Rangers fans are pro British, pro EDL etc. I always tell them, when you’re at Ibrox the only colour that matters is red, white and blue

As a Sikh I’ve always been welcomed when I go watch Rangers, never had any issues when going to Ibrox. Some relatives down England always wonder if any abuse gets chucked at me as they can think that Rangers fans are pro British, pro EDL etc. I always tell them, when you’re at Ibrox the only colour that matters is red, white and blue
Your right mate,we're branded wether you like it or not as a millwall type crowd. They have tried all sorts to try get a better name,but it just ain't gonna happen

rp52ych.jpg

I never said the initiative was wrong, or anyone who backs it is wrong. I am just neither up or down about it.
Ibrox should be welcome to everyone,just feel this is another box ticked and nothing more though.

Your right mate,we're branded wether you like it or not as a millwall type crowd. They have tried all sorts to try get a better name,but it just ain't gonna happen

You’re spot on mate. A lot of folk think cause we have a connection with Chelsea we are like those small minority of fans that can be small minded. There’s a difference between being showing your colours and being proudly British to being pro EDL

This is really important for the club and isn’t tokenism or superficial. It’s genuine and reflects the beliefs of the vast (vast) majority of our fan base. That it doesn’t matter what you are as long as you support our team.

The fans backing in this will be a massive advantage for us going forward and i’m encouraged by the response so far!
Bang on Big Fella!
We're more or less from the same era but we can all recognise that social attitudes, conceptions and attitudes have moved on in the last decade or two (or three).
Rangers should be congratulated in trying to get our all inclusive message across so clearly!

This is a great initiative by our Club and should be commended, however, have a funny feeling that this will be classed as an admission that we have some sort of problem within our support. We're not the set of fans that hang effigees of OO members, sing about murdering British citizens, anti semitism and not to forget the paedo scandal. We're getting it tight from all angles by politicians and everyone else and seem to be taking it rather than go on the offensive. Hopefully after this kicks off we can start kicking off.

You're correct but sometimes we need to reinforce that fact publically.
Celtc and the SNP are masters at social manipulation and attempting to make themselves appealing to everyone in the broad spectrum of society (although we all know they don't really mean it) so it's right and proper that Rangers also state their case for social inclusion as for too long the afore mentioned bodies have tried to paint us as backward thinking bigots with no social conscience whatsoever.
I'm not suggesting Rangers are playing a game here but I'm happy that we're confirming publically that we're an open club that welcomes everyone and anyone that wants to support The Rangers!
A game is exactly what it is.
The club has to play it, just do it well.

They say around one in ten people are LGBT. When you look around Ibrox do you think that ratio is there currently?

That’s the reason for this campaign everyone should feel welcome and look forward to following Rangers particularly those who historically might not have been felt welcome to do so.

I’d imagine a “Protestant Loyalist” requires no additional encouragement or welcoming committee to feel comfort coming to the match.
Bit amusing that you've accidentally implied that gay people are easy to pick out of a crowd while praising a diversity initiative

Well said fellah.

What? Not even our very own self appointed 'sectarian minister'???

How very odd. :rolleyes:

Edit: It's almost as though the SNP think that a core of their supporters are so bitter and twisted that any 'assosiation' with Rangers will lose them votes. What an ugly pathetic section of society eh?

Fvck them, every single one of them. It must be so sad to go through life with so much hate for their fellow countrymen. The SNP has no place within our club or our fans in any capacity.

Fair enough mate but it probably makes the world of difference to people from those minorities mentioned in the content.

Two of my closest pals are gay. They refuse to come to a football game with me because, rightly or wrongly, their perception is that gay people won't be be made to feel welcome at football grounds.

I know the majority of folk at Ibrox and elsewhere are like most of us here, yourself included. "Cool, live and let live." But when you're hearing shit like "Get up you fucking poof" and so on, it's not a very nice thing to hear for gay people and it's hard for them to believe those attitudes are disappearing from football - which they certainly are, but not quickly enough in my opinion.

I won't speak about the other groups because I don't have much experience with people from them, but just an example bud.

This.

Excellent post and sums up exactly the need for it.

You’re spot on mate. A lot of folk think cause we have a connection with Chelsea we are like those small minority of fans that can be small minded. There’s a difference between being showing your colours and being proudly British to being pro EDL
It also suits the nationalist agenda up here to make out that we are representative of the people in general who voted against separation.

It's true, there are some deeply unpleasant people around. But the club needs to keep moving forward regardless of it.
By unpleasant,do you mean people who mind their own business and everyone else's. Said it before and will say it again. Not interested what anyone does. If they're not bothering me,my family or good friends,then crack on.

By unpleasant,do you mean people who mind their own business and everyone else's. Said it before and will say it again. Not interested what anyone does. If they're not bothering me,my family or good friends,then crack on.
No. I'm talking about people who take issue with the fact the club are attempting to make our ground more welcoming for all of our supporters.

Only one of those groups actively wants to harm our club.
There are RC, black, Asian, LGBT....... who hate and want to destroy our club. The message being sent out by the club is everyone who wants to be a part of our club is welcome no matter what.

Just wish people would realise this.

That's fine by me,but we won't make any new friends by doing this as some on here seem to be hoping for. Don't need a press conference or pr stunt,because it will make no difference to the way the club and its followers are seen.

I tend to moan about corporations trying to express progressive sentiment while underpaying workers, exploiting tax loopholes, generally destroying the world so probably would be a bit hypocritical to celebrate this but it's a good initiative by a world class organisation.

maybe just me , but my reaction to this news is just
meh, ok.
Nothing against it, just like a box ticking exercise though.

I get what this post is saying by the hypocrisy and implied necessity of large companies etc. making these displays of inclusivity, box ticking, etc.

I do think Rangers are doing this as a genuine display of inclusivity and it flies in the face of how the press would paint us, so think it is a good idea.

No. I'm talking about people who take issue with the fact the club are attempting to make our ground more welcoming for all of our supporters.
When has this happened? Can you give me incidents whereby ethnic minority fans were abused and forced out? Or people were forced to state if they were gay or not? I've been going 35 years and haven't seen the likes, ever.

When has this happened? Can you give me incidents whereby ethnic minority fans were abused and forced out? Or people were forced to state if they were gay or not? I've been going 35 years and haven't seen the likes, ever.
I never said they have been and I've certainly never noticed it. However, it's already been stated on this thread by others that some supporters stay away due to perception. If we can change that then this initiative will be worth while.

Being more welcoming doesn’t mean that we are necessarily unwelcoming as is but there is (wrongly imo) a perception from many groups that Ibrox would be a place where they wouldn’t be welcomed. We need to show that we are open to all who care for our club. It’s a positive step and one the club should and will be commended for by those outwits our support. We are leading the way in Scottish Football on this

My Spanish Mrs and I drove by one of the Posters earlier - the one with the older gentleman and the dog - and she said "Rangers and a Puppy? What have they done now? (Obviously alluding to our troubles with the Taxman) Then she said "at least you know there ain't gonna be any with a Celtic supporter holding a baby anytime soon". She gets it

Bit amusing that you've accidentally implied that gay people are easy to pick out of a crowd while praising a diversity initiative
It’s nothing to do with picking folk out of a crowd I’m simply asking you if you think that ratio is currently represented in the stands at Ibrox.

I won’t be held responsible with how you take it.

My Spanish Mrs and I drove by one of the Posters earlier - the one with the older gentleman and the dog - and she said "Rangers and a Puppy? What have they done now? (Obviously alluding to our troubles with the Taxman) Then she said "at least you know there ain't gonna be any with a Celtic supporter holding a baby anytime soon". She gets it
Rules :)

It’s nothing to do with picking folk out of a crowd I’m simply asking you if you think that ratio is currently represented in the stands at Ibrox.

I won’t be held responsible with how you take it.
How would you possibly be able to speculate on the ratio without randomly asking people?

Imagine wanting to include everyone in a mutual love of our football club?

What a terrible idea...

In all seriousness, well done Rangers. Proud of my club for this.
Nobody is against that, it's just it's something we already have so people are rightly wondering what the point is

Depressing that some people actually have an issue with this.

I have a problem identitarian politics and intersectionality.

As long as the person that sits next to me is a Rangers supporter, decent human being and doesn’t smell I couldn’t give a fućk what they are. I much prefer it when people just get on,.

Certain minorities inability to communicate without prefacing every conversation with a breakdown of their race, sexual status and political grievances is beyond annoying.

I get the whole inclusion point. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve always seen rangers as that.

A question. What exactly is this? Maybe I missed it, but what exactly is this initiative?

We are saying we are all inclusive and open to all (which we are), but what are we trying to achieve?

Is it a more diverse match day crowd? That in itself is near impossible given the supply and demand issue we have

Is it a way to remove certain songs/words from the terracing? If it is, I’m not sure a grand gesture like this is what will achieve it

Is it to get more people following is from different backgrounds? As much as I’d love that to be the case, if they can’t get even semi regular access to games it will be tough.

Connal mentioned other programs we are involved in. Community initiatives. How does this differ? Why did we make a massive launch?

Everything the club does to improve, to move with the times, to strengthen its brand has to be commended. I tip my hat to all the board, from SR to DK. They are doing a great job.

But. After watching this, I’m left thinking, ok and now what....

What did I miss?

Back