Liverpool v Napoli friendly at Murrayfield?

this will have more fans than at Ibrox is this game is sold out and will be a much better match , my tickets were £28 each east stand lower , i havent been to any rangers friendly matches or any of our europa games.

its not often you see a good premiership side and a good serie a side playing in scotland hopefully from now on murrayfield gets more top teams playing there

also jamie webster will be playing before this and you can have a photo with the champions league trophy , i will be getting my train at 11 from queen street

You don't go to to Rangers Europa games, but go to a Liverpool friendly?

You're clearly a Liverpool fan and not a Rangers fan, so I don't see anything wrong in what you're doing.

Enjoy the game mate.

No issue with Rangers fans going to this game as our game wasn’t announced until after it however the amount of ‘Bears’ stating they’d absolutely rather be at this game, looking forward to see “the champions of Europe” and almost sneering at Rangers fans for going to the Derby game is quite eye opening.

Get to %^*& with that shite.

No issue with Rangers fans going to this game as our game wasn’t announced until after it however the amount of ‘Bears’ stating they’d absolutely rather be at this game, looking forward to see “the champions of Europe” and almost sneering at Rangers fans for going to the Derby game is quite eye opening.

Get to %^*& with that shite.

Folk just get carried away in general mate. Be that through Uber staunchness or else when defending the reasoning for going to the game.

For me it's quite simple. Game and tickets were on sale before we announced Derby. Wife is a massive Rangers & Liverpool fan and it's first opportunity she has ever had to see them in front of her (tickets for Anfield seem impossible at times).

Yes it's shite that it's clashed with a Rangers game. But it's a one off. Should be a good day and night out.

The amount of scottish folk in liverpool gear getting on the train at queen st was quite unbelievable.

It was the same in Glasgow Central after the Madrid CL final. Scottish people everywhere wearing Liverpool colours.
Many latch onto them thinking that the glory days of dominance will come back the very next day.

Liverpool are incredibly popular in Scotland. Totally understandable given the close bond between the club and Scotland and the vast number of Scots who have played often a key role in
I can just about - at a push - understand missing our 4th friendly in favour of the Liverpool game. However, missing all four friendlies plus two competitive games and THEN picking the Liverpool friendly wouldn't be for me. Sort of thing you expect from a Liverpool fan who has Rangers as his second team rather than the other way around.

Even if the person has a ST and will be at plenty of our games this season?

Cant criticise anybody going to the Liverpool game today. Not like it's a regular event.

Any so-called Rangers fans at this event today, when we're playing at Ibrox, should have a look at themselves.
Grow up. Rangers were late in announcing preseason plans and games. Many had bought tickets in advance for the Liverpool game before the Derby match was ever on the radar. Are people to put their lives on hold on the off-chance Rangers might schedule a friendly? Slagging off Rangers fans doesn’t make you more of a fan, it just looks stupid.

Even if the person has a ST and will be at plenty of our games this season?

Cant criticise anybody going to the Liverpool game today. Not like it's a regular event.

The guy in question hasn't attended ANY of Rangers 5 home games (6 counting today) yet has chosen to go to a Liverpool friendly, with half their 'stars' missing as it happens. Had missing Rangers today in favour of Liverpool been a 1-off as I have said, I could, at a push, understand it. Choosing to miss two competitive Rangers game yet attend a meaningless Liverpool friendly is, for me, very odd. Not something I'd consider at all, in fact.

It certainly shows massive a club Liverpool is. I think the only other English club that would sell out Murrayfield for a friendly is Man United.

Smaller clubs like Man City, Chelsea and Spurs wouldn’t get near 67k fans at a friendly in Scotland.

Wow, this thread has certainly stirred up the staunch in this place.

I'm another one heading to the game and looking forward to it. Few beers in Edinburgh with a few mates before heading to see the European Champions and ticking off ground no. 106 (missed Murrayfield when we played due to a mate getting married and had to give away my ticket).

Last season I went to 51 games of which 37 were Rangers matches (30 at Ibrox, 1 at Hampden & 6 away). Been a season ticket holder since 2003, on the CCCS and away scheme.

Already been to both Europa League games this season and will no doubt attend a similar no. of Rangers matches this season

Looks like choosing a friendly at Murrayfield over a pre season at Ibrox doesn't make me a Rangers fan

It certainly shows massive a club Liverpool is. I think the only other English club that would sell out Murrayfield for a friendly is Man United.

Smaller clubs like Man City, Chelsea and Spurs wouldn’t get near 67k fans at a friendly in Scotland.

It certainly confirms that Man United and Liverpool attract huge amounts of glory hunting supporters.

I'm another one heading to the game and looking forward to it. Few beers in Edinburgh with a few mates before heading to see the European Champions and ticking off ground no. 106 (missed Murrayfield when we played due to a mate getting married and had to give away my ticket).

Last season I went to 51 games of which 37 were Rangers matches (30 at Ibrox, 1 at Hampden & 6 away). Been a season ticket holder since 2003, on the CCCS and away scheme.

Already been to both Europa League games this season and will no doubt attend a similar no. of Rangers matches this season

Looks like choosing a friendly at Murrayfield over a pre season at Ibrox doesn't make me a Rangers fan
Half the folk moaning are probably not even going to Ibrox today.

If anyone wants a meaningful game to take in,there's the womens u19s European championship final at st mirren today between France and Germany.

Grow up. Rangers were late in announcing preseason plans and games. Many had bought tickets in advance for the Liverpool game before the Derby match was ever on the radar. Are people to put their lives on hold on the off-chance Rangers might schedule a friendly? Slagging off Rangers fans doesn’t make you more of a fan, it just looks stupid.
Slagging off Rangers fans? What are you talking about, you clown? If you're going to see Liverpool today rather than Rangers, you need to look at your priorities, no matter how many games you went to last season. No wonder we get patronised by these English clubs.

I think you would be surprised.
Oh and they aren’t all there to see Liverpool.

Slagging off Rangers fans? What are you talking about, you clown? If you're going to see Liverpool today rather than Rangers, you need to look at your priorities, no matter how many games you went to last season. No wonder we get patronised by these English clubs.
Who the fuuck do you think you’re calling a clown?!

Fans don’t go to games for a whole range of reasons. Rangers could well not have been playing today. They announced the match about a month after the Liverpool tickets went on sale.

Your pathetic attempt at coming across Uber is only showing yourself up, no-one else.

Looks like I'm no longer a fan either bud,
Enjoy the day bud.

Some people are not just Rangers fans but also football fans who watch games other than just Rangers. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Who the fuuck do you think you’re calling a clown?!

Fans don’t go to games for a whole range of reasons. Rangers could well not have been playing today. They announced the match about a month after the Liverpool tickets went on sale.

Your pathetic attempt at coming across Uber is only showing yourself up, no-one else.
Some people just can't get into their heads that tickets would have been bought well in advance.

Who cares? It's pre season and the guys on here have a chance to go and see the European champions against a top Italian side. I'm sure they will be at Kilmarnock next week if they have tickets and def at Ibrox for the first league game when it really matters.

It’s just a ridiculous attempt to come across Uber. No more no less and I won’t waste any more breath debating it on its the poster.
Agree mate, I've already wasted too much time justifying myself. I could even have been supporting the bears while some of the posters with these uber comments were in nappies.
Judging by some of the comments they still are.

They are the two most successful clubs in England. That’s why people latch onto them, arrogantly believing that dominance is once again beckoning.
You could use that argument about rangers and them. Fans come from all over Scotland to follow both clubs,you could also say they're doing the same thing.

95% will be.

I doubt that, Hearts played Barcelona at Murrayfield a few years ago, I know several fans who went to the game, they were neutral, some wanted to see what Murrayfield would look like with a football crowd inside. Other were through in the capital and thought it would be good day out.
Just because they have tickets does not mean they are there as fans of either club.
However you will see 1st hand whilst singing YNWA ;)

You could use that argument about rangers and them. Fans come from all over Scotland to follow both clubs,you could also say they're doing the same thing.

Most fans of us and the c*nts have actually been to a game.
Most of Liverpool and Man Uniteds global fanbase have never even been to to the UK except to pose for silly selfies in front of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament.

Who cares? It's pre season and the guys on here have a chance to go and see the European champions against a top Italian side. I'm sure they will be at Kilmarnock next week if they have tickets and def at Ibrox for the first league game when it really matters.

Sadly I didn’t get allocated a ticket for Kilmarnock. The ticket office probably heard that I was going to Murrayfield today and cancelled it.

Agree mate, I've already wasted too much time justifying myself. I could even have been supporting the bears while some of the posters with these uber comments were in nappies.
Judging by some of the comments they still are.
Plenty bears will be away, being the holiday season.

Are they any less of fans?

Back