Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That's fair enough mate,but we have a media and political system up here protecting them. After all the negativity that's went on this weekend,I can only see any display and protest being turned against us. Our name is mud in this country and wether we like it or not,it will be used against us. As I remember they basically called out the aberdeen fans for singing paedo's at them to deflect from their own mob abusing mcinness. Remember that they have their man who gathers unjustified sympathy in this country and you just know that the media will be outraged at the abuse he's taken at the game.
I just think it will be used against us and the way things have gone over the weekend,I'm sure we're walking into a trap.

I accept everything that you say mate & that is why we are adopting the strategy as a team that we are.

The majority of our effort is outside of Scotland for the very reasons you state.

They will be caught in a pincer by disgusted people in other countries pressurising them into accepting justice.

Wow! It never rains but it pours. Just got a response (finally) from Alison Thewliss' office ...

'Dear johnkp,

Please accept my apologies with regards the delay in responding to you on this matter.

I can confirm that, following your initial contact with Alison, she made enquiries with the Scottish Government regarding a parliamentary inquiry, and to highlight the issues you raised more generally. We have recently received a response from Mr Joe Fitzpatrick, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing, which I attach for your reference.

As highlighted by the Minister in his response, the Scottish Government will consider what further action should be taken, if any, once the final report by the Scottish FA is published. As stated, the report itself is contingent on the conclusion of a number of ongoing legal cases.

Unfortunately, Alison is not able to sign EDMs during the recess period, however, I will make sure that she has sight of the motion that you make reference to.

With all best wishes.

Andy Murphy
Senior Communications Officer

on behalf of:

Alison Thewliss MP
SNP Member of the UK Parliament for Glasgow Central
Constituency Office | 33 London Road | Glasgow | G1 5NW
Telephone: 0141 552 7117 | Email: Alison.Thewliss.mp@parliament.uk | Website: www.alisonthewliss.scot'

Here is Joe Fitzpatrick's response to Alison Thewliss - sticking to the script ...

dkQEp7w.png

Wow! It never rains but it pours. Just got a response (finally) from Alison Thewliss' office ...

'Dear johnkp,

Please accept my apologies with regards the delay in responding to you on this matter.

I can confirm that, following your initial contact with Alison, she made enquiries with the Scottish Government regarding a parliamentary inquiry, and to highlight the issues you raised more generally. We have recently received a response from Mr Joe Fitzpatrick, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing, which I attach for your reference.

As highlighted by the Minister in his response, the Scottish Government will consider what further action should be taken, if any, once the final report by the Scottish FA is published. As stated, the report itself is contingent on the conclusion of a number of ongoing legal cases.

Unfortunately, Alison is not able to sign EDMs during the recess period, however, I will make sure that she has sight of the motion that you make reference to.

With all best wishes.

Andy Murphy

on behalf of:

Alison Thewliss MP
Telephone: 0141 552 7117 | Email: Alison.Thewliss.mp@parliament.uk | Website: www.alisonthewliss.scot'

Here is Joe Fitzpatrick's response to Alison Thewliss - sticking to the script ...

dkQEp7w.png

These assholes give it the usual ‘abhor child abuse’ nonsense all the time.

So what are they gonna do about a 100m company that covered it up ?

We could write their responses for them up here John.

So when do you expect the first case to go to court? Havent all the trials finished or is there more?

I'm not their lawyer, so obviously impossible for me to answer that. I would hope it will start this year, but it may be next. I know there's a scout that the authorities are supposed to be tracking down and not sure beyond that.

Just bide your time as we all have to. I'm sure the victims will get some satisfaction from it, maybe not as much as we'd hope, but at least some closure would be of benefit to them.

They're done.

That's fair enough mate,but we have a media and political system up here protecting them. After all the negativity that's went on this weekend,I can only see any display and protest being turned against us. Our name is mud in this country and wether we like it or not,it will be used against us. As I remember they basically called out the aberdeen fans for singing paedo's at them to deflect from their own mob abusing mcinness. Remember that they have their man who gathers unjustified sympathy in this country and you just know that the media will be outraged at the abuse he's taken at the game.
I just think it will be used against us and the way things have gone over the weekend,I'm sure we're walking into a trap.
I agree with some of what your saying. Our efforts like Grigo said have moved outside Scotland. The SNP have gave us no choice along with the corruption within the SFA.

It’s a disgrace that we have had to take this step due to the corruption in politics in our country. I can tell you that other countries authorities are not only taking close interest in this but are taking action. It’s a very slow process. Sometimes to slow.

This is why when an inquiry does start then Humza has to be pulled in front of the inquiry for his stance all the way through this. Especially when it comes to the victims families where he has offered them nothing in the way of support.

I’m in complete agreement with you when it comes to the media. Only one journalist is taking them on head on. The Daily rhebel have shown no interest whatsoever but then they are all over what happened at Kilmarnock at the weekend.

We have a government that relies on the republican vote. It’s as simple as that. This is why it’s taking time. There is some good work going on behind the scenes and it has to stay that way due to the lurkers. We cannot give them anything. Their day will come.

'Dear johnkp,

With all best wishes.

Andy Murphy

on behalf of:

Alison Thewliss MP

dkQEp7w.png

Andy Murphy and Joe Fitzpatrick? Don't hold your breath.

Guys ive just spent my lunch time creating accounts on multiple english football forums. However dont know how to approach starting a new thread.
Im going to copy the link to the change petition (link below in case you havent signed)and request that they take a moment to read over the details of the story and please sign.
Im not going ro post links here or mention im a bear just want to know if theres anything else i should add or not add before i proceed?

http://chng.it/pxr9cZq79p

I agree with some of what your saying. Our efforts like Grigo said have moved outside Scotland. The SNP have gave us no choice along with the corruption within the SFA.

It’s a disgrace that we have had to take this step due to the corruption in politics in our country. I can tell you that other countries authorities are not only taking close interest in this but are taking action. It’s a very slow process. Sometimes to slow.

This is why when an inquiry does start then Humza has to be pulled in front of the inquiry for his stance all the way through this. Especially when it comes to the victims families where he has offered them nothing in the way of support.

I’m in complete agreement with you when it comes to the media. Only one journalist is taking them on head on. The Daily rhebel have shown no interest whatsoever but then they are all over what happened at Kilmarnock at the weekend.

We have a government that relies on the republican vote. It’s as simple as that. This is why it’s taking time. There is some good work going on behind the scenes and it has to stay that way due to the lurkers. We cannot give them anything. Their day will come.
I agree with you and believe me I'm in no hurry for the the outcome,this I've made clear. It will take as long as it takes.
Wouldnt for one minute doubt the work any of you are doing,indeed the results are there to be seen.

I agree with you and believe me I'm in no hurry for the the outcome,this I've made clear. It will take as long as it takes.
Wouldnt for one minute doubt the work any of you are doing,indeed the results are there to be seen.
Sometimes I’ve even thought we’re getting nowhere. But sometimes you just have to take a step back and have a rethink.

How SNP members of parliament can sit back and do nothing and sleep at night is beyond me. Especially when you get replies from Westminster and officials from other countries within days.

Then you have Hollicom. Now releasing deflection tactics on a daily basis. Lurkers coming on here more frequently also. That tells us we’re hitting a nerve. They know their club are guilty.

I believe over the next weeks and months this will get bigger reference more publicity outside Scotland. And then when an inquiry is launched there will definitely be more involvement from outside Scotland.

Sometimes I’ve even thought we’re getting nowhere. But sometimes you just have to take a step back and have a rethink.

How SNP members of parliament can sit back and do nothing and sleep at night is beyond me. Especially when you get replies from Westminster and officials from other countries within days.

Then you have Hollicom. Now releasing deflection tactics on a daily basis. Lurkers coming on here more frequently also. That tells us we’re hitting a nerve. They know their club are guilty.

I believe over the next weeks and months this will get bigger reference more publicity outside Scotland. And then when an inquiry is launched there will definitely be more involvement from outside Scotland.

I also think the documentary which seemingly will film late this year could blow it up to another level of publicity.

Yes. It is.
Now it’s getting interesting.
In the past few months some may have noticed the replies that we were posting from Westminster MP’s. Granted not all of them gave us the devolved reply. Some gave their honest opinion but stated they couldn’t act professionally.

I honestly think after today’s news reference Chelsea there now has to be a nationwide inquiry.

Now it’s getting interesting.
In the past few months some may have noticed the replies that we were posting from Westminster MP’s. Granted not all of them gave us the devolved reply. Some gave their honest opinion but stated they couldn’t act professionally.

I honestly think after today’s news reference Chelsea there now has to be a nationwide inquiry.

First news on BBC mate !

The bears on here have laid the groundwork and solid foundations on which to build our quest for justice.
The holyrood hillbillies will be returning to their shack soon,so might be worth firing out some more emails of previous ilk to the usual suspects again,even just to pester and disrupt their cosy lives.
I've been given a huge list of potential email addys and will endeavour to hit them with allsorts,even if some are repeats or bounce back.
Time to re-group,get second wind and go for the jugular again,keep pressure on the politicians,sponsors and media here and abroad and hit these fuckers from all angles and get justice for all.....

MANCHESTER CITY CHILD ABUSE=REPORTED TO POLICE,APOLOGY AND COMPENSATION.

CHELSEA CHILD ABUSE=REPORTED TO POLICE, APOLOGY AND COMPENSATION.

CELTIC CHILD ABUSE= NO REPORTING TO POLICE,NO APOLOGY,NO COMPENSATION AND ENDLESS IGNORANCE,LIES AND COVER UPS.

Last edited:
Saw the Chelsea thing on BBC news tonight. Very simple message "unreserved apology and compensation"

Only issue was if apology was generic or personal

Tomorrow, the story is history

Let's now look at the Separate Entity Biscuit Tin FC. Days, weeks, months, years, decades of cover up and denial.

It is now becoming a turkey shoot and I would not be surprised if we do not even need the upcoming documentary to see them capitulate.

Last edited:
Look at this obsessed mendicant throbber.

He blogs about us.... writes books about us .... and posts links to these books on his blogs.

Fucking unbelievable the pish he spouts about the Celtc boys club Abuse Scandal:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/paddyo...om/2019/08/05/dont-throw-your-shite-away/amp/

That's the product of a diseased hate filled mind conditioned by a millennia of brainwashing right there.
That guy has jumped on to the Ill Phill glory wagon on how to make a few bob out of bigoted fellow scumbags like himself . If he hates the Peepul that much he knows the way to Ardrossan or Cairnryan to sail to the land of his dreams where he could maybe get digs with ill phill and they could wallow in the shite they write together .

That guy has jumped on to the Ill Phill glory wagon on how to make a few bob out of bigoted fellow scumbags like himself . If he hates the Peepul that much he knows the way to Ardrossan or Cairnryan to sail to the land of his dreams where he could maybe get digs with ill phill and they could wallow in the shite they write together .

Perhaps we should leave reviews on his books
How would we go about that?

The bears on here have laid the groundwork and solid foundations on which to build our quest for justice.
The holyrood hillbillies will be returning to their shack soon,so might be worth firing out some more emails of previous ilk to the usual suspects again,even just to pester and disrupt their cosy lives.
I've been given a huge list of potential email addys and will endeavour to hit them with allsorts,even if some are repeats or bounce back.
Time to re-group,get second wind and go for the jugular again,keep pressure on the politicians,sponsors and media here and abroad and hit these fuckers from all angles and get justice for all.....

Brilliant Tommy. Hope you’ve managed to get that Australian article out to some mate ?

Best, Grigo

Perhaps we should leave reviews on his books
How would we go about that?
Now that could be a good idea George , if I remember correctly Amazon withdrew ILL Phill’s attempt with his authorial talents when they found out he was tarred with a sectarian brush . I think a lot of our ruling class in the Capital and football authority chancers are tarred with same said brush :mad: .

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...say-victims-of-abuse-at-feeder-club-fc7hgm05g

Fans must press Celtic for apology, say victims of abuse at feeder club
Marc Horne
August 7 2019, 12:01am, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F35bd672e-b86a-11e9-bfc4-f5ff1f47234e.jpg

Celtic FC insists that it is not legally culpable for the abuse at the boys’ clubJAN KRUGER/UEFA/GETTY IMAGES
Save
Survivors of systematic child sex abuse at Celtic FC’s feeder club have urged supporters to press the organisation to issue an apology.
Thompsons Solicitors, which is pursuing compensation claims against the Parkhead club on behalf of dozens of victims, claims that the majority of fans want Celtic to accept responsibility and offer compensation.
Patrick McGuire, a partner at the firm, called on Celtic FC to follow the example of Chelsea which yesterday issued an unreserved apology for child sex abuse at the club. Manchester City has already confirmed it will compensate abuse victims.
Mr McGuire said he had discussed the situation with many Celtic fans. “They want survivors to be fairly compensated and expect their club to do the right thing,” he said. “On behalf of all Celtic survivors I would call on the fans to take control of this situation and use their undoubted power to demand the club faces up to their responsibilities.”
Four men who held senior positions at Celtic Boys Club have been convicted in recent months of molesting dozens of children over three decades.
Celtic FC insists that it is not legally culpable, describing the boys’ club as an “entirely separate organisation” with which it had “historic contacts”.
Critics have attacked this claim and highlighted the close links between the organisations.
Mr McGuire said: “It is a stance that is hideously cruel to the survivors, insults the intelligence of every fan and the public and is a stain on the reputation of an institution set up with egalitarian aims at its heart.”
In June Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC, announced that the club had been conducting a two-year internal investigation, but has refused to release more details.
Mr McGuire, who insists survivors have not been contacted by Celtic FC, said: “In contrast clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City hired a leading QC to undertake full investigations without fear or favour. It was a transparent process which pulled no punches. In Scotland we know nothing about who is conducting Celtic’s secret review.”
He added: “What we know for certain from survivors and the charities that support them is that secrecy and deflection are the biggest hurdles that stand in the way of survivors achieving a full apology and with that some closure. The only proper course for Celtic to follow is to do what their support wants and settle this matter.”
Chelsea hired a law firm to independently investigate child sex abuse at the club in the 1970s. The club published the findings in full yesterday and said that it had “no desire to hide any non-recent abuse we uncover”.
It found that Eddie Heath, a former chief scout who is now dead, was a “dangerous and prolific child abuser” whose crimes went unchallenged.
The club committed to assessing compensation claims for survivors. In a statement it apologised unreservedly for the “terrible past experience of some of our former players”. It said that its investigation would ensure that “abhorrent abuse like this can never happen again”.
Manchester City is set to offer millions of pounds in compensation to victims of historical child sexual abuse. Under a redress scheme, survivors of the most serious crimes will receive six-figure sums in damages and a personal apology from a senior club official.
Celtic FC failed to respond to a request for comment.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...say-victims-of-abuse-at-feeder-club-fc7hgm05g

Fans must press Celtic for apology, say victims of abuse at feeder club
Marc Horne
August 7 2019, 12:01am, The Times
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F35bd672e-b86a-11e9-bfc4-f5ff1f47234e.jpg

Celtic FC insists that it is not legally culpable for the abuse at the boys’ clubJAN KRUGER/UEFA/GETTY IMAGES

Save

You were right :D

Stating the obvious with no direction....patrick mc guire wants the celtic fans to demand action?...the same fans who incite sectarianism with their banners and hang effigies of protestants from their stsnds for the world to see....do us a favour.
Mc guire should be leading the way and now is the time to be dragging this club and its reputation through the courts of law,with EVERY victim compensated and EVERY last piece of damning evidence produced in court from 1966 onwards FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE....this club and its abusers,facilitators and enablers are scotlands and worlds shame and the SNP and POLICE SCOTLAND ,who continue to ignore and refuse a public inquiry or investigate,are just as GUILTY & CULPABLE,they too are scotlands and the worlds shame.
So c'mon mc guire,what are you waiting for?..get into court and destroy and slay the beasts and hopefully the americans will join you in the slaughter.

Stating the obvious with no direction....patrick mc guire wants the celtic fans to demand action?...the same fans who incite sectarianism with their banners and hang effigies of protestants from their stsnds for the world to see....do us a favour.
Mc guire should be leading the way and now is the time to be dragging this club and its reputation through the courts of law,with EVERY victim compensated and EVERY last piece of damning evidence produced in court from 1966 onwards FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE....this club and its abusers,facilitators and enablers are scotlands and worlds shame and the SNP and POLICE SCOTLAND ,who continue to ignore and refuse a public inquiry or investigate,are just as GUILTY & CULPABLE,they too are scotlands and the worlds shame.
So c'mon mc guire,what are you waiting for?..get into court and destroy and slay the beasts and hopefully the americans will join you in the slaughter.
I agree but will give the solicitor the benefit of the doubt for now. I think he is playing the long game.

Just for clarification....yes,i hate celtic,fucking loathe them with a passion and want them fucking destroyed beyond repair.
They do not have the money that Chelsea or City do to write a big check for atonement. And their culpability is much much more sever. This will destroy them through the courts. Their brand is suffering. No new sponsorships. There is a reason they been unable to sign a half way decent English speaking player.

The longer he takes to act, the more I lose confidence in him.

Most if not all the victims will have come forward by now one would hope. Why this seemingly continued hesitation?

Repetitive statements saying he is going to act are becoming hollow.

Time to put the boot in.

Back