Rangers Statement - no candidate for the manager's job has yet been interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say that Allen tells the board he thinks McLaren is a good fit for us and the board say they prefer McInnes.

If Allen says, “Fair enough, whatever you guys think”, he ain't doing his job.

Maybe we spoke with McInnes’s agent who says his client has reservations about working with a DoF and Allen’s thinking, “What’s the point in me being here then?”

Again, I’m probably being over dramatic, but it’s definetly a possibility.

And if that is the case, I do see that we need to ensure we have the best fit possible for the structure that’s now in place, but again, I’m really not getting the feeling this is all part of a well thought out plan.

In regards to McInnes and the DoF I'd say it's more than a probability ......I have a mate who works at pittodrie and he says McInnes's DNA is in every nook & cranny of the club , he has his own scout in England who recommends him players etc so he's hardly going to stop that , McInnes has a big influence in everything that happens at pittodrie is he likely to wield or have the same influence at the " big hoose " as my mate calls it probably not ..... It's something we both agree on to be honest

He's a garbage manager

His approach to training is terribly odd
Looks fairly average.

Not much more of a better record than Coleman really, some decent achievements with a national team and pretty unspectacular with club sides.

Bilic fancied more purely because he isn't from UK, odd.

If it’s O Neil there will be mass suicides.

We need a proper board in place to ove forward this is complete nonsense.

Our expectations have never been lower spent the last two days in Glasgow everyone i spoke to wants Murty to get it ffs

Who would be on this 'proper' board of yours?

Looks fairly average.

Not much more of a better record than Coleman really, some decent achievements with a national team and pretty unspectacular with club sides.

Bilic fancied more purely because he isn't from UK, odd.

Honestly think his appeal is based on the fact he was cool for about 10 minutes during Euro 2008

If it’s O Neil there will be mass suicides.

We need a proper board in place to ove forward this is complete nonsense.

Our expectations have never been lower spent the last two days in Glasgow everyone i spoke to wants Murty to get it ffs

Have a word with yourself ya mentalist

Noticed that. If you’re Mcinnes why would you go, just fuelling more speculation and getting probably every punter asking him about it. Unless he’s desperate for the job of course.

sheep punters will be spewing at that.

Last edited:
If we get McInnes that 750k gone. If we get someone who is freely available that's 750k we could spend in January on say Moult and introducing a bit of competition at left mid. Those two signings alone improve the squad. Maybe we get McInnes and are still able to do the signings but money is tight. We need to be sensible.

He's a garbage manager

His approach to training is terribly odd

I don't think he is the manager for us but he has the best stats of any West Ham manager in the Premier League era. He has clearly had a bad time of it recently and needs a long rest.

If we get McInnes that 750k gone. If we get someone who is freely available that's 750k we could spend in January on say Moult and introducing a bit of competition at left mid. Those two signings alone improve the squad. Maybe we get McInnes and are still able to do the signings but money is tight. We need to be sensible.
Mcinnes would improve us more than a couple of signings. The manager is the most important person at the club.

If the Easedales and co. had taken nearly 3 weeks after sacking a manager to then announce they hadn't got round to speaking round anyone yet, the support would, quite rightly, be in uproar.

The board are getting a free pass because of who they are and what they've done in the past. But they seriously messed up with the Caixinha appointment and are giving the impression of not having a clue just now either.

It really isn't good enough.

The two aren't comparable. Under the wigs we couldn't even afford to sack an underperforming manager we were being run so poorly.

We've won both games since Caixinha left. No need to panic right now.

In regards to McInnes and the DoF I'd say it's more than a probability ......I have a mate who works at pittodrie and he says McInnes's DNA is in every nook & cranny of the club , he has his own scout in England who recommends him players etc so he's hardly going to stop that , McInnes has a big influence in everything that happens at pittodrie is he likely to wield or have the same influence at the " big hoose " as my mate calls it probably not ..... It's something we both agree on to be honest

Heard something similar tbh. DM has really been the driving force behind the new Stadium and training ground apparently. If the board can get the full go ahead on this then I think DM will stay up there.

As long as Murty has them playing well, there's no real harm in playing the long game on their main target. Especially if it makes the deal a little better for us.

#ISM

Weird, I was never for mcinnes and have recently had a change of heart. I firmly believe he is the man to take us forward. I think he's ready. Just a feeling.

It was a Phil O'Donnell charity probably one of his friends night ex rangers players ex Tim players loads of players and managers from different clubs not like folk on here to make things up, why would mcinnes be desperate for the rangers job I think we probably need him more than he needs us, I've heard his name mentioned for Scotland job not many better out there for it and it looks like West Brom job coming up soon if pulis keeps going the way he is the West Brom fans still hold him in high regard a lot more money than we can offer too
Noticed that. If you’re Mcinnes why would you go, just fuelling more speculation and getting probably every punter asking him about it. Unless he’s desperate for the job of course.

Last edited:

Setting almost all of that to one side how did the punch in the face you gave him for saying the “big hoose” go?WTF! Why would you even bother with a tadger like that?Each to their own I suppose.

It was a Phil O'Donnell charity probably one of his friends night ex rangers players ex Tim players loads of players and managers from different clubs not like folk on here to make things up, why would mcinnes be desperate for the rangers job I think we probably need him more than he needs us, I've heard his name mentioned for Scotland job not many better out there for it and it looks like West Brom job coming up soon if pulis keeps going the way he is the West Brom fans still hold him in high regard a lot more money than we can offer too

Come on you really believe that wee need Mcinnes more than he needs us?

It would be the pinnacle of his managerial career if he gets the chance to manage the team he supports and once played for

He maybe not be our next manager but he won’t ever manage a club as big as us.

The biggest achievement in his career so far is finnishing 2nd and winning a Scottish cup hardly earth shattering

No way does he knock us back if approached. If it’s him a would be ok with it as he will do ok a reckon - but am sure there is plenty others who could do as good a job as him.

I do think that if it is him that we want and do approach him then it’s been embarrasing we’ve took so long about it - the delay makes me think he’s not in the running now

He was an absolute dud mate

I know you liked him but come on.

It's not so much the case that I liked him, I thought he made some some really baffling decisions, but talking domestic games only, in reality, virtually every failure he had, there were some extremely dodgy and game changing decisions that went against him this season, decisions that had went the other way would have made the league table look extremely different for us, I thought we were too hasty in getting rid, but we are where we are.

I genuinely feel that we are at a stage now where we need to back a manager through everything, the good and the bad. If we don't allow someone to come in and settle long term, we will be going round in circles for a very long time instead of progressing. The demand for instant success needs to be realistic.

Just my opinion.

It's not so much the case that I liked him, I thought he made some some really baffling decisions, but talking domestic games only, in reality, virtually every failure he had, there were some extremely dodgy and game changing decisions that went against him this season, decisions that had went the other way would have made the league table look extremely different for us, I thought we were too hasty in getting rid, but we are where we are.

I genuinely feel that we are at a stage now where we need to back a manager through everything, the good and the bad. If we don't allow someone to come in and settle long term, we will be going round in circles for a very long time instead of progressing. The demand for instant success needs to be realistic.

Just my opinion.
fair doos mate....i get the whole backing the manager stuff.

Just me here but that ride didn't deserve our loyalty

He played some of our support.
Green boots, WATP etc

I'm about results....I wanted him gone last April...His formation and tactics against the filth terrified me

fair doos mate....i get the whole backing the manager stuff.

Just me here but that ride didn't deserve our loyalty

He played some of our support.
Green boots, WATP etc

I'm about results....I wanted him gone last April...His formation and tactics against the filth terrified me

It's all about opinions mate.

Regarding playing the support, green boots and WATP etc.................I'm all for that (not playing the support) but it's high time we brought back the single minded approach, we have no friends in Schottish Football, it's time to let them know again who we are and what we stand for, no more pandering to the gallery.
Too many have used the last number of years to have a kick, it's time to fight back, Billy Boys and all.

It's all about opinions mate.

Regarding playing the support, green boots and WATP etc.................I'm all for that (not playing the support) but it's high time we brought back the single minded approach, we have no friends in Schottish Football, it's time to let them know again who we are and what we stand for, no more pandering to the gallery.
Too many have used the last number of years to have a kick, it's time to fight back, Billy Boys and all.
Winning hurts them bud not a manager playing with glasses on a Thursday

Back to your bed, you’re pissed.

It would be the pinnacle of his managerial career if he gets the chance to manage the team he supports and once played for

The biggest achievement in his career so far is finnishing 2nd and winning a Scottish cup hardly earth shattering

No way does he knock us back if approached. If it’s him a would be ok with it as he will do ok a reckon - but am sure there is plenty others who could do as good a job as him.

I do think that if it is him that we want and do approach him then it’s been embarrasing we’ve took so long about it - the delay makes me think he’s not in the running now
I don't think he's desperate for the job I think he would like yes but definitely not desperate for it he knocked back £1 million a year for Sunderland probably double what we can pay him so he's not looking for more money he has plenty of admirers football wise I would say a premiership job is bigger yes the only thing is he's a rangers fan but then look how some the folk on here are talking about him and he's not even in the job would you be desperate for that?

I honestly didn’t want McInnes but it’s dragging on and some of the other names in the mix terrify me.
So I’d welcome McInnes now get some stability in the club and see if he can progress himself & our club upward :)

West Brom takes him to the richest highest profile league in the world.

The Rangers job is not what it was.

It's well worth reading again the article quoted in this thread concerning Mark Allen, his role in the new manager appointment and our club led philosophy:
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/mark-allen-on-a-new-manager-and-the-club-philosophy.7950/
It's clear to me now Mark Allen really is in charge of this recruitment process. He emphasises the need to do due diligence and take time required to get the appointment right.
The new manager will pick the team and tactics. However, he will also fit in to an established structure operating our football dept. He must use the resources at his disposal rather than look externally to meet his needs. This is a new way of working and the DoF is in charge. For Mark Allen to meet his objectives the manager has to buy into his club led philosophy. If he doesn't then we'll revisit institutional and systematic failures...
So we need a manager who fits in perfectly with our club led philosophy, can win the Premiership as soon as possible, can recruit a reasonable portion of his squad from academy graduates, who can handle a hostile media and tick all the boxes for Britain's fussiest support.
Over to you Mark Allen ...

Give us your best manager for 40 years for nothing or we'll go elsewhere and appoint a lesser manager who will ensure you finish 2nd because we don't want to spend the money.

McInnes is also a man of dignity and won't resign, will see it's underhand from us and will think we don't have a pot to piss in.

An absolute shambles if this is the board's thinking. He will be put off with every passing minute.

If he is their best manager in 40 years and in terms of the make up of the league, four of the bigger clubs being absent over the period of his tenure. Not to mention Motherwell under McCall outperforming him for two seasons, whilst Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd were still resident in the top flight...He’s had it pretty easy!

Apart from under the ‘law of contract’ McInnes cannot just resign, he (his agent) and any club interested in his services would have to negotiate his exit with the Aberdeen board. (As Sunderland did)

The board have made a public statement regarding the vacancy and thus far nobody has called them out as liars. To that end you are second guessing that they are trying to play brinksmanship with Aberdeen to get McInnes on the cheap. Which with all due respect is just totally unfounded and the kind of self serving speculation which just makes you look silly.

I read it as one of two things,

1. Rangers are not going to pay the compensation asked.
2. They are trying to pressure Aberdeen to reduce it or they will walk away.

I do not fancy the alternatives, so I am worried.

THE BOARD HAVE SPOKEN TO NOBODY!!

Sorry, but how do you who the alternatives are when nobody else does? When the club has made it quite clear it is still receiving applications! Who are these mysterious alternatives who make you nervous, do tell?

Again self serving, unfounded nonsense, like me and it would seem the other 99.99999 of our support you know the sum total of naff all. Let’s just leave the board alone to conduct a rigorous and successful process to find the right manager.

Get behind the club and stop acting as if you know better and that McInnes is the only sain choice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back