Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Wow...uncle pete was quick to inform the london stock exchange,did petey weety also tell them of his secret internal investigation into paedophiles operating inside his club?....
CELTIC have confirmed they received a record 'single payment' of £25million from Arsenal for Kieran Tierney.

The details emerged in a letter to the London Stock Exchange today.

Tierney sealed his move to Arsenal this afternoonCredit: Alamy Live News
It read: "Celtic plc confirms it has agreed to permanently transfer the registration of Kieran Tierney to Arsenal Football Club for a record single amount of £25m."

Tierney's move sees him become the most expensive Scottish player in history, taking over from Oli McBurnie who signed for Sheffield United in a £20m deal.

Shortly after the move was confirmed, Celtic released a statement insisting they did everything they could to keep the defender who 'pursued the move'.

It read: "Celtic Football Club today confirmed that Kieran Tierney has signed for Arsenal FC, after completing a medical earlier in London.

RELATED STORIES

HOOPS HERO LEAVES
Celtic hero Kieran Tierney joins Arsenal in record-breaking £25m deal

MIXED REACTION
Celtic fans split as Kieran Tierney gets set to complete Arsenal transfer

'IT'S DONE'
Kieran Tierney pictured with Arsenal fan as Celtic star completes medical

OVER THE ODDS
Nicholas says Arsenal have shelled out too much for Celtic star Tierney

'WE DIDN'T NEED TO SELL'
Celtic insist Kieran Tierney wanted to pursue £25m move to Arsenal

REVEALED
MOTHERWELL VS CELTIC
TV channel, live stream and team news for the Premiership tie

1 / 3

"We did all we could to keep Kieran at Celtic.

"While the club did not need or wish to sell Kieran, this was an opportunity which Kieran very much wished to pursue and with the club having received a significant offer, we have agreed to the transfer.

'BORN AND RAISED' Watch Kieran Tierney pay tribute to Celtic in his Arsenal signing video
"Kieran has been a big part of the club for a number of years, coming through our Academy structure and becoming a key first team player of real quality.

"He has made a significant contribution to Celtic and we thank him very much for all he has given to the club and, of course, we wish him very well for the future in his career."

"I don’t know how to even begin to put the last 15 years of my life into words... what you as fans have given me and my family

"I cannot repay you in any way possible and for that I am sorry. From the age of seven I was lucky enough to play for the club I love and will continue to love till the day I die no matter what happens.

"Every single second of my Celtic career was a dream and I gave my all every single time I stepped onto that pitch, it’s honestly the least I could do for everyone involved at the club.

"There is to many people to thank individually so I don’t even know where to begin.
Don't think Peter or @hollicom are going to want thanks #schoolbhoyerror

Knew you’d be on that too JF :D

Wow...uncle pete was quick to inform the london stock exchange,did petey weety also tell them of his secret internal investigation into paedophiles operating inside his club?....
CELTIC have confirmed they received a record 'single payment' of £25million from Arsenal for Kieran Tierney.

The details emerged in a letter to the London Stock Exchange today.

Tierney sealed his move to Arsenal this afternoonCredit: Alamy Live News
It read: "Celtic plc confirms it has agreed to permanently transfer the registration of Kieran Tierney to Arsenal Football Club for a record single amount of £25m."

Tierney's move sees him become the most expensive Scottish player in history, taking over from Oli McBurnie who signed for Sheffield United in a £20m deal.

Shortly after the move was confirmed, Celtic released a statement insisting they did everything they could to keep the defender who 'pursued the move'.

It read: "Celtic Football Club today confirmed that Kieran Tierney has signed for Arsenal FC, after completing a medical earlier in London.

RELATED STORIES

HOOPS HERO LEAVES
Celtic hero Kieran Tierney joins Arsenal in record-breaking £25m deal

MIXED REACTION
Celtic fans split as Kieran Tierney gets set to complete Arsenal transfer

'IT'S DONE'
Kieran Tierney pictured with Arsenal fan as Celtic star completes medical

OVER THE ODDS
Nicholas says Arsenal have shelled out too much for Celtic star Tierney

'WE DIDN'T NEED TO SELL'
Celtic insist Kieran Tierney wanted to pursue £25m move to Arsenal

REVEALED
MOTHERWELL VS CELTIC
TV channel, live stream and team news for the Premiership tie

1 / 3

"We did all we could to keep Kieran at Celtic.

"While the club did not need or wish to sell Kieran, this was an opportunity which Kieran very much wished to pursue and with the club having received a significant offer, we have agreed to the transfer.

'BORN AND RAISED' Watch Kieran Tierney pay tribute to Celtic in his Arsenal signing video
"Kieran has been a big part of the club for a number of years, coming through our Academy structure and becoming a key first team player of real quality.

"He has made a significant contribution to Celtic and we thank him very much for all he has given to the club and, of course, we wish him very well for the future in his career."

OWN GOAL !!!! When did Izaguirre move into their PR Department ?????? :D:D:D:D

Given that we were booted down the leagues for EBTs and now we see man city,crewe and chelsea admit to their sex crimes and offer compensation,will the english FA take any further sanctions against them?.
There absolutely MUST be further sanctions or we are simply saying that you can pay your way out of disgusting crimes. This cannot be allowed to happen. I don't know where to start with this inaction if it were to happen.

Now that the bheasts have banked all this KT money, surely now is the time for the lawyers to press the court case button and ask the judges to ring fence £30-40m for compensation ( I know, can only hope its this high)

I just went back to the comments section of an article about this gradi bheast in the Daily Mail, an i made a comment about Celtic Boys club heres one of the reponses "(
nasalsinatra, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

An outstanding article that bursts open the taboo that top clubs and their famous former star managers turned a blind eye to what was taking place. Now turn your attention to Celtic FC where, despite several former coaches having been convicted and jailed for horrendous offences, the club are hiding behind the myth that the abuse of young boys took place in Celtic Boys Club - a 'separate entity' as far as the club is concerned - even although CBC was funded by the club, played in Celtic kits, wore Celtic clothing and sometimes played at Celtic Park. Whenever CBC did well the Celtic players, managers and officials appeared in photographs with the teams. In those days clubs did not have 'academies'. To all intents and purposes that is what Celtic Boys Club was. The Scottish Press and broadcast media have given this story a wide berth. Now the dam has burst surely there are investigative journalists who can deliver the truth.")

so tell sid the word is out

Kieran Tierney just claimed hes gave 15 years service to Celtic . Strange since hes 22 years old and Celtic arent linked to the boys club
Tierney never played for Celtic Boys Club. They would claim their academy and CBB are separate. The lawyers representing the victims won’t touch anything like that as it won’t hold up in court. Hopefully they find legal documents intertwining both organisations

Tierney never played for Celtic Boys Club. They would claim their academy and CBB are separate. The lawyers representing the victims won’t touch anything like that as it won’t hold up in court. Hopefully they find legal documents intertwining both organisations
I have looked at a couple of articles concerning his career incl Wiki and they are both vague in so much as they state " Tierny came up through the Celtic youth system"

I just went back to the comments section of an article about this gradi bheast in the Daily Mail, an i made a comment about Celtic Boys club heres one of the reponses "(

An outstanding article that bursts open the taboo that top clubs and their famous former star managers turned a blind eye to what was taking place. Now turn your attention to Celtic FC where, despite several former coaches having been convicted and jailed for horrendous offences, the club are hiding behind the myth that the abuse of young boys took place in Celtic Boys Club - a 'separate entity' as far as the club is concerned - even although CBC was funded by the club, played in Celtic kits, wore Celtic clothing and sometimes played at Celtic Park. Whenever CBC did well the Celtic players, managers and officials appeared in photographs with the teams. In those days clubs did not have 'academies'. To all intents and purposes that is what Celtic Boys Club was. The Scottish Press and broadcast media have given this story a wide berth. Now the dam has burst surely there are investigative journalists who can deliver the truth.")

Great find Bazil !!!!

Mc grimms up to his dislocated eye socket in this....
1.why would a board director travel with a youth team that was nothing to do with them?
2.the mere fact both mc grimm & torbett were on the same trip,rings alarm bells.

There's %^*& all wrong with mc grimm,no injuries,no photos,no police reports....if there was,hollicunts would've had it plastered all over the media.

This was not realy about my comment, and more about confirming that people outside are Talking about the paedophile huddle which is just recognition That you guys are responsible for that,well done and keep up the pressure bears, lets get the Spanish, Italians, French etc talking

Good man mate & thanks ;)

Celtic boys club also had their pre season team photo taken on the pitch at Celtic park right in front of the main stand.

English FA might not be relevant here but wondering if they will punish their teams in relation to their abuses and bringing the game into disrepute.
You can be sure the SFA/SPFL will be watching that senario play out and will try and follow their lead....

shame they didnt follow the english lead on ebt's

The also had their own regular piece in the Celtic View where the club enjoyed the kudos and credibility of having a very successful youth set up.
The club also had first option of the boys club players.
I can’t help but go back to a previous question I have about ‘S’ forms and their affiliation to the football clubs.

He did not play for Celtic BC he’s similar age to my lad who trained with us at the time. He would have played for his own BC and attended a local development centre till he was old enough to sign with them at 10 or 11. Pro Youth would have been on the go then.

This is correct he was in the development group as a kid and wouldn't sign for them officially till he went u11s.
Motherwell boy not sure what boys club he played with.

Emotional Kieran Tierney has poured his heart out to Celtic and their supporters after his exit was confirmed.

The left-back sealed his £25million move to Arsenal on Thursday and took to Instagram to hail everyone who made his 15 years with the Premiership champions side so special.

Tierney broke through to the senior side under Ronny Deila in 2015 and hasn't looked back since.

His form at Celtic caught Arsenal's attention and the Gunners have made the man, who lives and breathes everything green and white, a Premier League player.

The Scotland international admits he's finding his big move away hard to come to terms with but hopes to keep his incredible bond with supporters despite his exit but admits it break his heart if his special connection was lost.

READ MORE

He posted on Instagram: "This is coming from the bottom of my heart!

"I don’t know how to even begin to put the last 15 years of my life into words... what you as fans have given me and my family

"I cannot repay you in any way possible and for that I am sorry. From the age of seven I was lucky enough to play for the club I love and will continue to love till the day I die no matter what happens.

"Every single second of my Celtic career was a dream and I gave my all every single time I stepped onto that pitch, it’s honestly the least I could do for everyone involved at the club.

"There is to many people to thank individually so I don’t even know where to begin.

(Image: Getty)
"Every single coach and staff member who has helped me on my way to getting where I am today I am so grateful for all the hours help you put into me making me a better player and a better person.

"My team mates have been the best I could possibly have asked for what a bunch of legends man who I’ll be supporting until the end. Where can I start with the fans? I tried my best to represent you every time I went onto that pitch.

"The relationship we had together and the memories we created and history we made was incredible.. I will cherish every single second of it.

"I hope we can continue to have a relationship although I understand that will be never for some people which is heartbreaking for me but I understand the emotions surrounding this situation. It has been the hardest day or two of my life and I really appreciate every single message of support from you all.

"This was not easy in any way shape or form.

So he played for the club since the age of 7,thanks glass hips,uncle pete will love you for blowing his seperate entity to smithireens.

Bring tears to a glass eye [apart from the bit about CBC]

Although this is diverting attention away from the main thrust of this thread, it's important to remember how righteous was the indignation against us for the consequences of tax-related issues.

Will this outrage be seen again when the decades-long cover-up of sexual crimes against children is finally revealed to the world?

NEVER Forgive. NEVER Forget

BBC - 25 June 12
Scottish Premier League chairmen are to meet on 4 July to vote on a new company Rangers' application to join the top flight. While "oldco" Rangers are now in the process of being liquidated, 'newco' Rangers hope to gain admittance. Some SPL chairmen are keeping counsel on their intentions but others have gone public, with five clubs opposed to the move.

With the new Rangers needing an 8-4 majority vote in their favour, Charles Green's company would appear destined to start life in a league below the top flight.

Aberdeen - NO
Pittodrie Chairman Stewart Milne said: "I can confirm it is our intention to oppose readmission to the SPL for any Rangers NewCo. If readmission were to be refused, we believe the appropriate course of action would be for Rangers NewCo to apply for membership to the SFA and to submit an application for admission to the SFL. ."

Celtic - NO
Celtic chairman Peter Lawwell issued a statement that: "Our guiding principle is that we will do what is in the best interests of Celtic Football Club and our supporters, consistent with upholding the interests and reputation of Scottish football. We are fully aware of our supporters' concerns regarding the current situation across Scottish football."

Dundee Utd - NO
Following a meeting between supporters and board members, a club spokesman said: "A form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, the club cannot vote the newco into the SPL. "

Hearts - NO
Club owner Vladimir Romanov said the "football mafia represented by Rangers' former owners" should not be allowed back in under any circumstances. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties...All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football."

Hibernian - NO
"The view of the board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance. The board is also acutely aware that in making this decision, Hibernian - like other clubs in the SPL - will suffer collateral financial damage at a time of severe economic hardship and uncertainty."

Inverness CT - NO
"The past few weeks have been extremely hectic in terms of our supporters and season ticket holders making their views known in great numbers to the club, as is their right," said chairman Kenny Cameron. "It is fair to say that in excess of 95% of them raised the issue of sporting integrity as the reason why they don't want the newco to be admitted and had not yet renewed their season tickets."

Kilmarnock - ABSTAINED
Kilmarnock Chairman Michael Johnston predicts the club will lose £300k in gate money from the opening day of the season if it is not Rangers visiting Rugby Park. "Without Rangers, the SPL will have breached its contract with Sky and other commercial partners who require Old Firm derbies as part of the SPL's contractual obligations."

Motherwell - NO
A statement from the club read: "The 'newco' issue is often portrayed as a straight choice between preserving sporting integrity and clubs accepting a reduction in gate money together with potentially a significant amount of commercial revenue. In reality it is far more complex. We are fully aware that an overwhelming majority of our fans and most others, who have so far expressed an opinion, are totally opposed to 'newco' being allowed immediately back into the SPL.

Rangers - YES
One of the more surprising facts to emerge from Rangers' impending liquidation is that they retain a share in the SPL when it comes to the vote on whether to allow a new form of the club a place in the top flight. Rangers' vote will be exercised by 'oldco' administrators Duff & Phelps.

Ross County - NO
The SPL newcomers, promoted from the First Division in May, have not spoken publicly on the subject. Some newspapers have speculated that chairman Roy McGregor could vote for Rangers to be admitted. However, in the absence of any official statement from the Dingwall club, it's impossible to predict which way they will vote.

St Johnstone - NO
Saints are expected to vote against a newco being admitted to the SPL. Saints chairman Steve Brown had previously said that he would like to see a 'newco' Rangers punished. At a private meeting with fans' representatives, Brown is said to have announced their decision on the grounds that St Johnstone's best interests, and those of season ticket holders, were of paramount importance.

St Mirren - NO
A statement issued by the Paisley club said: "The board of directors as well as all other St Mirren supporters totally understands the sense of injustice felt at this time instigated by the way in which another club in our League has conducted their affairs." Once all the facts are available to the board of directors, they shall take any decisions that are required, in the best interests of St Mirren Football Club only as their guiding line."

Almost to a man,they all wanted us killed off and yet we still take tickets from them and fund them.
Let's see if they all have the same appetite for destruction of the paedoharbourers,when their historic sex crimes are revealed....somehow,the clubs ,sfa and spfl will bottle it and fudge some excuse to avoid it.

A wee bump

VtAxDie.png

a wee chase up email to our deflector mp GAVIN NEWLANDS today

Dear Gavin,

Further to my previous email to you on 31st July 2019 ,in which I responded to your email to me and your sweeping statement of “THE WHOLE OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL HAD A LEVEL OF CHILD ABUSE THAT IS UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE” , I have not as yet ,received a reply to as to what your answers are to my three simple questions put to you.

Perhaps,you could do me the courtesy of providing not only an answer to my questions but also providing detailed evidence to support your claim,it would save me having to email all Scottish clubs to find out whether your statement is true or not.

I will leave it with you and look forward to your reply hopefully.

Kind regards

fired off an updated email to an american news agency too with attachments...

Dear Sara,

I am writing to you in regards to a major sporting scandal ,which has been circulating within Scotland for at least 50 years now,where a football club called GLASGOW CELTIC FC ,has had 6 boys club coaches/employees handed jail sentences for child sex abuse offences,committed within the football club grounds and on tours abroad also,one of which was a tour to new jersey in the 1990’s.
One of these coaches has been jailed TWICE now,after attempting to regain employment within the club,after his first conviction and a club photographer for the clubs official magazine,was caught with over 250 photographs of children in his locker within the stadium,along with an ex-club chairman mr.Jack Mc Ginn,who has now admitted that he was told about the abuse committed in new jersey but did not report it to police back home in Scotland but went on to cover it up,along with others.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and this den of depravity needs broken down and exposed,this is on par or bigger than your own spotlight investigation and the penn state investigation....much bigger and spread worldwide,as this club toured Europe also,where ficticious football tournaments were created as a rous for taking the kids away to be abused.The kids were told to call home and state match results and scorers....when there never was any matches.
I have attached for your information a copy of a timeline of these historic offences for you to investigate hopefully.The similarity of these historic sexual crimes against children under their care,as I said,this runs parallel to your own sex crimes investigation ,which resulted in the film “spotlight”,it also runs systematically parallel with the sex crimes committed at your own PENN STATE football club, this is on the same scale ,with over 100 plus victims in discussions with lawyers on how to get justice and compensation for themselves.

At present,there are calls for a major,independent and transparent public inquiry to be held by a neutral body,but as yet,our own government in Scotland,the SNP party,led by our first minister Miss.Nicola Sturgeon have ignored calls for this inquiry and along with the justice secretary for Scotland ,Mr.Humza Yousaf ,have ignored all calls for an acknowledgement to the victims,or even to make comment on the historic sex crimes of this football club,nothing short of a national scandal and a world sporting scandal.

Some of the victims are alleged to have signed NDA’s ( non disclosures) to buy their silence but apparently there could be evidence of these lodged somewhere safe for the time being.There is also talk of a major documentary ,possibly on the level of the spotlight film to be aired,where this sordid den of depravity,will be in the main spotlight.
We really need,you and your media outlets to pick this story up and run with it,especially on the alleged crimes committed on AMERICAN SOIL.
These crimes have been committed and then covered up for 50 years,by a succession of club coaches and directors,allegedly involved in other corrupt financial deals,as well as being photographed in the company of some serious paedophiles,such as JIMMY SAVILLE, the UK’smost notorious paedophile and the UK’s shame....GLASGOW CELTIC FC are scotlands shame.

We have also made attempts to highlight this in local media outlets,be it national newspapers,social media,forums and radio etc,as yet,a few papers have run a few stories on it,but mostly,the papers are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet ,with the exception of a journalist called Mr.Marc Horne of the times newspaper,who has been delving into it and revealing the crimes to the wider public ,whilst the other newspapers employ lazy journalists who just cut and paste ,slowly but surely.We are fighting for justice for the victims of this football clubs sexual abuse crimes and need your help to expose these monsters for who and what they are,as you did with spotlight....CAN YOU HELP?....WILL YOU HELP?

Now, as stated one of the crimes committed,allegedly took place on AMERICAN soil in new jersey in the 1990’s,when the boys club carried out a tour there and the youths stayed with parents of the opposition players as we understand. I have posted below for your information,a copy of the article,which appeared in the Scottish newspaper the daily record in 1996,once an allegation into this abuse was made,I have also attached for your information,copies of many newspaper articles on the sex offenders convictions and reactions from victims and politicians here in Scotland.
Please note,that this particular boys club toured there for 15 years,so there could be potentially many more crimes committed and victims unknown to us at present .

Now,there are many articles on the internet available to see,with the main paedophiles convicted at present being, JIM TORBETT...FRANK CAIRNEY ....JIM MC CAFFERTY...GERALD KING....JOHN CULLEN.....with many more hopefully to be revealed in time.,,,google and see.

We know a list of 14 operational paedophiles associated to this club was handed to police in Scotland but to date only 6 or 7 have been successfully brought to justice,so there are potentially another 7 or 8 paedophiles at large somewhere in the world,perhaps in the USA?.
I hope you will seriously look into this story and in particular,the alleged crimes,which took place on AMERICAN SOIL and ask questions,as to why the police took no action there and why the parenst in question,decided to only report to the club and not the police,as any respecting parent would do.

I,along with others,sincerely hope that you will continue the fight against child sexual abuse crimes and take up the gauntlet and bring this sordid club down.

I would be grateful if you could also supply me with any other contact email addresses of journalists or police dept contacts ,whom you might think would investigate.

Kind regards on behalf of the victims

and reply from GAVIN NEWLANDS just now.....

Dear Tommy,

The report I've referred to previously makes it quite clear that Scottish Football had a level of child abuse that is utterly unacceptable - and indeed any level of child abuse, in any football club or organisation, is utterly unacceptable. As I've stated before, this independent report was carried out by one of Scotland's foremost experts in child protection. I'm not sure who else would be better qualified to carry out such an assessment.

In terms of the motion at Westminster, Parliament is not in session just now so Early Day Motions cannot be signed. However, as I have said previously, it is concerning that the focus seems to be on one organisation to the apparent exclusion of the wider, systemic crimes that were committed for decades by individuals using their position at a number of Scottish football clubs and many, many other organisations.

Let me emphasise once again that all who perpetrated the disgusting abuse on children that has only recently come to light should be brought to justice and the full weight of the policing and judicial system brought to bear on them. And let me also emphasise once again that to focus on one football club and not acknowledge the other victims connected to other organisations and clubs is to ignore the reality of what is, without question, a shameful episode in our nation's recent history.

Yours,

Gavin Newlands MP
Paisley and Renfrewshire North

i wil post my response to this later

Dear Tommy,

The report I've referred to previously makes it quite clear that Scottish Football had a level of child abuse that is utterly unacceptable - and indeed any level of child abuse, in any football club or organisation, is utterly unacceptable. As I've stated before, this independent report was carried out by one of Scotland's foremost experts in child protection. I'm not sure who else would be better qualified to carry out such an assessment.

In terms of the motion at Westminster, Parliament is not in session just now so Early Day Motions cannot be signed. However, as I have said previously, it is concerning that the focus seems to be on one organisation to the apparent exclusion of the wider, systemic crimes that were committed for decades by individuals using their position at a number of Scottish football clubs and many, many other organisations.

Let me emphasise once again that all who perpetrated the disgusting abuse on children that has only recently come to light should be brought to justice and the full weight of the policing and judicial system brought to bear on them. And let me also emphasise once again that to focus on one football club and not acknowledge the other victims connected to other organisations and clubs is to ignore the reality of what is, without question, a shameful episode in our nation's recent history.

Yours,

Gavin Newlands MP

He’s just a wanker. He knows they hid it. Big style too.

Dear Tommy,

Yours,

Gavin Newlands MP

Ask the slippery bastard to name the other Scottish clubs at the centre of these "systemic crimes"

Dear Tommy,

Yours,

Gavin Newlands MP

I’m sure the report will show abuse at other clubs but it’s about how it was dealt with and if these clubs were aware it was going on. I’m also sure it will show that about 90% of the abuse was at one club and THAT is why they need investigated.

Back