Andy King on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy can step in any time(SG trusts him) and if all else fails Barasic.

Agreed however we have 2-3 players who can step in in midfield when we need them too. Your point applies there too.
If he does the business I’m all for it but if we don’t qualify for Europa league we’ll have a lot of players for a lot less games.

Nonsense. Or hysterics desperately looking for fault.

We have the best 2 strikers in Scotland. We play 1 striker. If one gets injured, the other plays. If it’s a long term injury we are vulnerable but have Stewart or Ojo or Mebude who would have to step in till we could recruit. Not ideal but similar to goalkeepers. And we will severely struggle to get a striker better than the 3 i mentioned willing to sit in the stands all year if Morelos or Defoe don’t get a long term injury.

I mentioned that left back should be a priority. Not sure what your complaint is there.

We actually have at least 10 players in the squad who can play central mid. It’s just that you wouldn’t want 5 of them to do it. We have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Doc as the 5 you would want to choose from. Arfield is a 6th but is not at his best in the way Gerrard wants the middle 3 to operate and may well be playing as one of the wide players. Then you have Halliday and Polster are not of the standard we need, Dorrans who is not recovering from injury and Holt who is nowhere near the right level. I assume that you meant Halliday, Polster and Arfield? Why would you play them in non-ideal positions but discount Stewart and Ojo up front?

At present the only player in the team (including Arfield) who seems likely to consistently score from with our preferred deep midfield 3 is Aribo. Lose him and it would really disrupt us. Having a back up makes complete sense.

Don’t agree with this as Defoe is not capable of playing 90 minutes week after week if Morelos gets a bad injury. We can only recruit in one window during the season. If Morelos picks up an injury early in either period it could be a disaster for us. We can’t win this league with just Defoe and a midfielder helping out.

Also with Alfie’s disciplinary record it’s possible even without injury we could easily be in a situation like last season playing crucial games with no natural striking options up front. We seen this costing us last season.

Don’t agree with this as Defoe is not capable of playing 90 minutes week after week if Morelos gets a bad injury. We can only recruit in one window during the season. If Morelos picks up an injury early in either period it could be a disaster for us. We can’t win this league with just Defoe and a midfielder helping out.

Also with Alfie’s disciplinary record it’s possible even without injury we could easily be in a situation like last season playing crucial games with no natural striking options up front. We seen this costing us last season.
Defoe was playing 90mins week after week when Morelos was suspended in April/May. What’s changed since then?

Defoe was playing 90mins week after week when Morelos was suspended in April/May. What’s changed since then?

How many players at his age do you see doing that long-term? ...... it’s a gamble, and unrealistic to expect a player of his age to do that long-term. Also the reason that he is usually subbed 3/4 of the way through a game. It’s common sense that he needs to be used wisely.

Without trawling through 13 pages. Can someone sum up where the guy can play and if he’s any good?

Adding quality signings to the squad = a terrible decision.

Only on FF, lol

I could see the point of moaning if it was a low level loan punt which could stop one of our own getting game time . I hate those type of loans .

However this is the exact opposite , we have a guy coming for a year from the EPL with over 350 games and 60 odd goals , he’s only 30 years of age , 50 international caps , a guy revered by his own supporters . We could make the deal permanent by getting him on a free if it works out well .

Where else do you get pedigree like he has without paying a huge fee ?

It’s a fucking no brainer to bring him in.

And what about the regularly injured Edouard's only cover being the psychopathic (and often injured himself) Leigh Griffiths?

Our 2 strikers are always fit and available for selection, as well as being superior players.

The mentally challenged's striking options are threadbare compared to ours mate.

Agreed however we have 2-3 players who can step in in midfield when we need them too. Your point applies there too.
If he does the business I’m all for it but if we don’t qualify for Europa league we’ll have a lot of players for a lot less games.
Realistically it would only be 6-8 games less.

In all probability this won’t be costing us much. He’s in the last year of his deal and Leicester clearly don’t want him, so it’s a no brainer.

Cover for and a bit different to Aribo. Has the same “profile” as Aribo in terms of height and power. Left sided, great touch, solid professional. Great loan.

Speaking to a couple of Welsh lads I know. 1 a Swan and the other supports Cardiff. The boy who supports Swansea says he is a cracking player and cant believe we are getting him. Too good for up here he says. The boy who supports Cardiff says he is excellent and will do fine.

I hope he signs. Think we will look back on this as a shrewd bit of business by the end of the season.

Seems to be a few on here getting a bit of a staunner for Ross M and Greg D about their pathway to the first team and them getting the opportunity.

Opportunity is earned not just given.

If we bring in players that are better than these two and are picked before them then tough luck to the both of them.

This is elite sport and it is survival of the fittest.

I want the strongest players playing week on week, if Ross and Greg cant break through that then that will be their issue.

This is not kids football and even split of match time for each player, earn your place or move on.

I just hope this doesn’t hold Docherty back as he’s looked a much improved player since returning and he has a great attitude.

Papers saying he had a medical yesterday and is up to Glasgow today for the talks. I'm hoping that, as a medical has been done, the rest is a formality and we'll have an announcement today to keep the positivity rolling into the Euro game? Maybe even him and Barker paraded at half time?

If King has any doubts then bringing him up for tonights game will soon sort that out, let him see a packed and noisy Ibrox, he wont want to leave :D

And what about the regularly injured Edouard's only cover being the psychopathic (and often injured himself) Leigh Griffiths?

Our 2 strikers are always fit and available for selection, as well as being superior players.

The mentally challenged's striking options are threadbare compared to ours mate.

Any idea when rudden is due back mate ? Gerrard mentioned him yesterday at the presser

The timeframe.

2 months < 9 months (assuming Alfie breaks a leg mid-September).

Defoe, 37 on his next birthday, surely can't manage a full 60-game season (Thursday/Sunday for the first half, minimum).

They are simply not though, are they? ..... how many games did Morelos miss last season? ..... we went out of a cup with no striking options just last season.

We have been lucky with them with injuries so far.

They are simply not though, are they? ..... how many games did Morelos miss last season? ..... we went out of a cup with no striking options just last season.

We have been lucky with them with injuries so far.

We only had no striker available because Lafferty was cup tied mate.

Totally different scenario that won't occur this season.

Seems to be a few on here getting a bit of a staunner for Ross M and Greg D about their pathway to the first team and them getting the opportunity.

Opportunity is earned not just given.

If we bring in players that are better than these two and are picked before them then tough luck to the both of them.

This is elite sport and it is survival of the fittest.

I want the strongest players playing week on week, if Ross and Greg cant break through that then that will be their issue.

This is not kids football and even split of match time for each player, earn your place or move on.

A few folk also saying Docherty has improved during his loan spell. In truth there is nothing yet to base that on as we have seen very little of him so far this season.

Evening FF!

Appreciate all the responses :)

Understand the doubters early on as it was my first post but I've been a long time lurker and when my pal told me this morning, it seemed like the right thing to do.

All we want is 55 and for us to achieve that, we need strength and experience in our squad and Kingy will give us just that. A player like him will never be a negative addition to our club. I also admire the fact that he could of sat back, not played at Leicester and still been paid 40k a week but instead he's making the move to Glasgow and playing for the biggest club in the world!

Buzzing.

Seb

P.S. I'm on the new series of Take Me Out, which airs this Autumn. I'm on episode 5 and I come down the lift to a song I'm sure everyone on here will appreciate ;)

Welcome to the party Seb :)

This my concern also and I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed,I know we have Stewart there,but I see him as playing off the strikers,an Arfield type role,as you say Defoe,good as he is can't be asked to play 60 odd games,the same with Alfie and there is still that concern will he keep the head,just hope he continues as he's started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back