Legia Warsaw Forum

Pish , if we are up against it you will hear it .
Unless the singing comes from one tiny section in BF Ibrox is a library. The atmosphere at Stadia across Eastern Europe puts anything from Ibrox to shame. It’s been that way for the best part of 20 years. This belief that we are some sort of vocal powerhouse is a myth. The atmosphere at Ibrox is dire for 95% of the season.

Unless the singing comes from one tiny section in BF Ibrox is a library. The atmosphere at Stadia across Eastern Europe puts anything from Ibrox to shame. It’s been that way for the best part of 20 years. This belief that we are some sort of vocal powerhouse is a myth. The atmosphere at Ibrox is dire for 95% of the season.[/

Vocal powerhouse :oops: :D

Yes?
Or can you not find any flaw in what I say except my explicative term?

should hopefully be able to manage the tie. The danish team are stronger on paper.

The away game is crucial. They will have a decent tifo out but the atmosphere isn’t anything special.

If we can't beat a side like Legia over two legs we simply don't deserve a seat at the table for the group stages.

See a few comments that they haven't conceded s goal in qualifiers yet. Likewise that the Danes were unbeaten this season. Well quite simply Legia haven't faced the pace and power of the famous yet. If we show up to both games we shall win both ties. Most likely with a level of comfort.

I'm selfish, I want the tie over next Thursday with another demolition job.

Unless the singing comes from one tiny section in BF Ibrox is a library. The atmosphere at Stadia across Eastern Europe puts anything from Ibrox to shame. It’s been that way for the best part of 20 years. This belief that we are some sort of vocal powerhouse is a myth. The atmosphere at Ibrox is dire for 95% of the season.
Singing ! What is it with the singing, it does %^*& all to gee the players and doesn't win games. Atmosphere isn't singing, it's cheering, groaning, gasping, encouraging, shouting, singing all with the flow of the game. I think some would want a guy with a loud speaker in every section so the mystical power of singing wins us games

If we get into them at Ibrox, the place will rock with all our classic tunes. Regardless of them banging out their repetitive crap for 90mins.
Just blast out our belters and ignore them.
Beating them on the park is what's it's all about.

Singing ! What is it with the singing, it does %^*& all to gee the players and doesn't win games. Atmosphere isn't singing, it's cheering, groaning, gasping, encouraging, shouting, singing all with the flow of the game. I think some would want a guy with a loud speaker in every section so the mystical power of singing wins us games

Aye
Groaning wins is games

Gasps wins us games

%^*& it guys, let’s ditch simply the best, we will just gasp as they’re coming out the tunnel

What an utterly ridiculous notion that singing isn’t the main part of an atmosphere

Players are struggling guys, let’s groan, that’ll do the trick.

Tell you what mate, have a look at the games when the UB were staying silent.
See what the atmosphere was then.

I’ll tell you to save you the hassle, it was a bloody library. But hey, at least some people groaned

Aye
Groaning wins is games

Gasps wins us games

%^*& it guys, let’s ditch simply the best, we will just gasp as they’re coming out the tunnel

What an utterly ridiculous notion that singing isn’t the main part of an atmosphere

Players are struggling guys, let’s groan, that’ll do the trick.

I’ll tell you to save you the hassle, it was a bloody library. But hey, at least some people groaned

Singing , is one part of an atmosphere , but all the ohhhn ahhhhh pish isn’t , the Europeans do it to death Vienna last season for example . Their fans done that constantly , but it was the impression of us at Ibrox that their fans praised on forums . It’s the fans interaction in big matches with the game it’s self as well as singing that’s conducive to a good atmosphere .

Singing , is one part of an atmosphere , but all the ohhhn ahhhhh pish isn’t , the Europeans do it to death Vienna last season for example . Their fans done that constantly , but it was the impression of us at Ibrox that their fans praised on forums . It’s the fans interaction in big matches with the game it’s self as well as singing that’s conducive to a good atmosphere .
What’s the main part of a good atmosphere?
Is it the singing or all the other stuff?

The only place in the world where you will read fans saying singing doesn’t add atmosphere or get the players going, but “groaning” does is FF.

Time to bow out of atmosphere discussions on this forum.

If you mean ohhhn ahhhh pish to the beat of a drum , then it doesn’t as it’s not conducive to real songs being sung . Do we think a constant drone to the beat of a drum , is a good atmosphere ? No singing real songs is what atmosphere is built on .

If you mean ohhhn ahhhh pish to the beat of a drum , then it doesn’t as it’s not conducive to real songs being sung . Do we think a constant drone to the beat of a drum , is a good atmosphere ? No singing real songs is what atmosphere is built on .
Who sings ooooh ahhhh pish? Not Legia, or us, which is what this thread is talking about.

The only place in the world where you will read fans saying singing doesn’t add atmosphere or get the players going, but “groaning” does is FF.

Time to bow out of atmosphere discussions on this forum.
Take it in context mate, you've pulled one word out to suit your panty wetting.
And yes fans being disappointed and groaning does add to the atmosphere and is a natural part to the flow of any football game.
Your illusion of a non library atmosphere isn't the reality of the many different aspects of an atmosphere good and BAD.
Listen to Gerrard, not once has he said fair play the atmosphere was like a library but credit to the UB boys in the corner they got the players out of a hole there.
Just on Sunday he mentioned how the players affected the fans after the goal, it wasn't the other way about. It's hard to suppress a groan when you concede or when a player inexplicably plays backwards when you're chasing a game. It's all a natural part of the atmosphere and flow of any game, that says to the players that's unacceptable pull your socks up and do better.
If you're talking about fans match day experience not being up to scratch atmosphere wise (see safe standing thread) that's a different story.
Also see the video from the Spartan Moscow game from the away end, shit game, bore draw with your famous poor atmosphere?...except in the video the place is rocking from an away fan experience the place is deafening, the cheers making them tremble. You underestimate it because you want us to be like Galatasary bouncing and singing for 90 minutes wanting blood. I'd reckon over 50% of our ST holders are over 50 and that's being kind. Out of interest what was your top game for atmosphere outside hammering the filth?
Mine would be Villarreal, down to ten men backs against the wall and an electric atmosphere not with your singing and drum banging theory but with reactions to the flow of the game.

The displays they put on are amazing, but most Eastern European fans when they sing sounds like a monotone drone. As for all the ultras stuff, I think at times it's over choreographed, not sporadic or reactive, Rapid Vienna last year spring to mind.

Nonsense mate.

2 Villa fans in the Grapes after the Hibs game said Ibrox was miles ahead of anything down south for atmosphere.

European atmospheres are just ultra style robotic clap clap pish.

The displays they put on are amazing, but most Eastern European fans when they sing sounds like a monotone drone. As for all the ultras stuff, I think at times it's over choreographed, not sporadic or reactive, Rapid Vienna last year spring to mind.

Exactly mate.

The Rapid Vienna fans at Ibrox were monotonous pish.

It's a very silly thing for them to judge Rangers defence after Rangers going 3-0 up in a 2 legged tie that was officially dead, especially after 1-0.

If you watch over the highlights of Legia away to Atromitos Athens you will see my point, their defence are shit. Legia look more of a threat with balls crossed into the box, I'm sure Gerrard will state this, but in terms of defensively, Rangers should beat them comfortably over 2 legs.

Some of the Italian ultra stuff is good, more reactive to what's happening on the pitch. Rapid fans felt like an ice hockey match, all that was missing was "let's go Rapid, let's go'

He's right though, their atmosphere is shit, I've watched Rangers go to Red Star Belgrade, I've watched them go to Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe, there hasn't been a single ground Rangers haven't visited where the atmosphere is nothing like folk make out to be. Ibrox beat each one of them hands down.

Exactly mate.

The Rapid Vienna fans at Ibrox were monotonous pish.
And their fans came out afterwards and pointed out that what we created was a genuine atmosphere. Not 90 minutes of constant synchronisation and clapping but spontaneous bursts of expression and singing that spurred the team on when they needed it.

That might be putting it slightly romantically.

And their fans came out afterwards and pointed out that what we created was a genuine atmosphere. Not 90 minutes of constant synchronisation and clapping but spontaneous bursts of expression and singing that spurred the team on when they needed it.

100% mate.

It's a very silly thing for them to judge Rangers defence after Rangers going 3-0 up in a 2 legged tie that was officially dead, especially after 1-0.

If you watch over the highlights of Legia away to Atromitos Athens you will see my point, their defence are shit. Legia look more of a threat with balls crossed into the box, I'm sure Gerrard will state this, but in terms of defensively, Rangers should beat them comfortably over 2 legs.
Especially when we immediately picked the pace up and had 2 or 3 more chances to score ourselves. The lapses were having are players resting after an hour of intense play.

The positive thing is each and every time irs happened weve picked it up and been back on the front foot.

Especially when we immediately picked the pace up and had 2 or 3 more chances to score ourselves. The lapses were having are players resting after an hour of intense play.

The positive thing is each and every time irs happened weve picked it up and been back on the front foot.

Exactly, we have a good squad and when we're on the counter you feel there is the opportunity for goals. That is where I feel Rangers can really hurt Legia.

The good thing is, the first leg is away from home and that team have to come out all guns blazing to get anything, I feel if they leave themselves exposed like that, Rangers should punish them because we seem best when teams open themselves up and attack.

If Rangers get an away goal at least against that lot, I feel more than confident Rangers will finish them off at Ibrox.

He's right though, their atmosphere is shit, I've watched Rangers go to Red Star Belgrade, I've watched them go to Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe, there hasn't been a single ground Rangers haven't visited where the atmosphere is nothing like folk make out to be. Ibrox beat each one of them hands down.
Best two I've been to was Marseille in 1993 and Juventus in 1995, I was surprised at the criticism Delle Alpi got as the atmosphere was brilliant I thought. Best non Rangers was Feyenoord Ajax, hard to tell if it beats an old firm as I wasn't as emotionally involved.

One thing for sure, there will be teams all over Europe seeing Rangers in a very different light. We will be a team that many won’t fancy playing.
I’ve been saying this bud. Teams at this level draw Rangers and they will be thinking they face a very difficult test and will also be expecting a hostile atmosphere inside Ibrox. No way these teams particularly want to play us, probably the opposite.

Then proceeded to steal any Rangers flags they could get their hands on over there. I know that happens in most places, but they took it to a new level. Warsaw will be a place everybody will need to keep their wits about them in.
Don't bring flags !

Nonsense mate.

2 Villa fans in the Grapes after the Hibs game said Ibrox was miles ahead of anything down south for atmosphere.

European atmospheres are just ultra style robotic clap clap pish.
England is shit. Too much money
But Eastern European games are better imo

His point was that singing doesn't win games, so not sure why you're using the UB protest games as a counterpoint. Wasn't that when we had our best form of the season?

His point was that singing doesn't win games, so not sure why you're using the UB protest games as a counterpoint. Wasn't that when we had our best form of the season?
Not really no, Aberdeen put us out the cup 2-0.

That night was one off the most horrible atmospheres I’ve ever witnessed at Ibrox.

Fans on the players backs from the word go.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend Ibrox is a cauldron for run of the mill domestic games, because it isnt, and sometimes its actually counter productive with the groaning etc. But there are few stadiums like it when a high octane match is being played. Legia have one of the better supports in Europe and ill still bet a decent wedge that most of it is literally just that one end in their stadium beating a drum and singing songs, regardless of whats happening on the pitch.

I guarantee you the best atmosphere in Europe last season was probably our home game vs Rapid Vienna or Maribor. I could barely think it was that loud at both those games.

European atmospheres tend to be more continuous and consistent with the ultras groups on the continent, but British, particularly Scottish and even more particularly at Rangers, when Rangers are playing a high pressure match, there is nothing like it. As an opposition player, there is nothing that piles on the pressure more than 50,000 fans who smell blood, and are actually reacting to the game, rather than just the continuous drum beat and ultras singing at one end of the stadium.
I remember seeing Rapid Vienna and Spartak Moscow fans comments after their games at Ibrox and both made sure to compare the two styles and said our style definitely suits the game more, as it was extremely intimidating.

Lets not pretend its a cauldron during domestic games, but lets not also pretend that it isnt a cauldron when a big game is being played. Because it is.

No youre absolutely right mate i remember seeing similar comments.

A lot of it is because 90% of teams just come and put 10 men behind the ball and slow game right down and time waste as much as possible from minute 1 but get what your saying but the atmosphere in Europe at Ibrox is much better

England is shit. Too much money
But Eastern European games are better imo

As a point of curiosity, what Eastern European games are you watching? Because Legia Warsaw vs Lech Poznan is a very different prospect to Legia Warsaw v Arka Gdynia for example.

[o
I'm not going to sit here and pretend Ibrox is a cauldron for run of the mill domestic games, because it isnt, and sometimes its actually counter productive with the groaning etc. But there are few stadiums like it when a high octane match is being played. Legia have one of the better supports in Europe and ill still bet a decent wedge that most of it is literally just that one end in their stadium beating a drum and singing songs, regardless of whats happening on the pitch.

I guarantee you the best atmosphere in Europe last season was probably our home game vs Rapid Vienna or Maribor. I could barely think it was that loud at both those games.

European atmospheres tend to be more continuous and consistent with the ultras groups on the continent, but British, particularly Scottish and even more particularly at Rangers, when Rangers are playing a high pressure match, there is nothing like it. As an opposition player, there is nothing that piles on the pressure more than 50,000 fans who smell blood, and are actually reacting to the game, rather than just the continuous drum beat and ultras singing at one end of the stadium.
I remember seeing Rapid Vienna and Spartak Moscow fans comments after their games at Ibrox and both made sure to compare the two styles and said our style definitely suits the game more, as it was extremely intimidating.

Lets not pretend its a cauldron during domestic games, but lets not also pretend that it isnt a cauldron when a big game is being played. Because it is.
Nail ... Head!

I think over the 2 legs we will go through but no way is this a walkover if we get any kind of draw in Poland I will be happy imo

Time will tell if its one of those nights but I agree with the previous poster that generally the atmosphere at Ibrox is poor for run of the mill games.

As a point of curiosity, what Eastern European games are you watching? Because Legia Warsaw vs Lech Poznan is a very different prospect to Legia Warsaw v Arka Gdynia for example.

Clips from all over, usually on ultras YouTube pages and that guy that goes around sampling all the best atmospheres

Back