Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Of course it is. That's their job. They have no real interest in going to court.

i dont see how this matters in relation to punishments by the SFA. Whatever is best for the victims is what matters however in a footballing sense they cannot be allowed to continue as though nothing has happened.

Transfer embargo should have been placed a long time ago, the silence from the SFA isnt surprising.

Definitely not.
I hope your right. They should be closed down, as should their church. How decent people can stand for the covering up of abuse and still let these rancid organisations continue to exist is beyond me. However, because I'm a Rangers fan my views are just seen as point scoring from the media (those that are saying little, paragons of virtue and morality that they are).

Well they should know by now the scum aren't going to do that. They need to start playing their hand and forcing this to court. Why are they still waiting ? I'm not convinced they are confident enough yet of winning. That worries me

You're right to be worried.

In the staring contest between Thompson's and Celtic, Celtic haven't blinked. They're almost daring McGuire to serve the writs.

Was this not one of the celtic victims?

I picked up on this on twitter, someone else has verified it. The solicitors involved in this specific story are, if it is right, a shock.

The guy tweeting it is a survivor of child sex abuse. He feels he has been used by people. He also feels that a certain law firm are profiteering to the point where the actual numbers of victims will never come out thanks to the back-room deal making that is going on. he has specifically been told not to go to the authorities, how many other victims might there be if this is what is going on and will we ever know the real numbers?

I have no experience with U.K. litigation. However from my experience on my side of the Atlantic I understand why Thompson has not gone to court yet. The PR battle us heading their direction. The SFA will have to release their report. And this documentary is coming. The time to strike may not have yet come.

Was at finals day in my old bowling club today. Asked everyone if they knew about paedophile ring at CFC. Not one person did. I then proceeded to fill them in. Showed them screenshots. Wattsapp messages etc. Spreading the word. All were shocked. And I'm not talking about old guys here (bowling club)

Here's the answer. . .

brazil.jpg

Celtic FC and senior people within that club went to ridiculous lengths to protect the many perverts operating there.

Kelly & McGinn should be placed under immediate arrest for their part in the cover up.

Last edited:
in a legal sense we need to leave to the courts but we should be asking questions of the SFA. Why are celtic allowed to allegedly carry out investigation into their abuse, go through court cases, have pending court cases and now pay out towards a victim yet are allowed to transfer players for millions paying tens of thousands in wages?

The SFA should be immediately handing them a transfer embargo, launch an investigation then see what happens but they cannot be allowed to continue as though nothing has happened.

Celtc can carry out an investigation into the abuse of minors at their rancid club, but the SFA and SPFL can't or deliberately won't go near it. This tells us all who is calling the shots in Scottish football.

maybe you could enlighten us all as to how a club pays compensation to children of vile abuse and come out looking like good guys?

In this most recent court case, the whole "Celtic agreed" spin is a step in that direction. Trying to make Celtic look good when the last thing they did was "agree". They lost in court and the compensation was awarded by the court. Had they won they would have paid nothing and would be busy telling everyone that the court proved that they had done nothing wrong.

The way it's being spun in the mhedia, its heads they win and tails everyone else loses

I am a “survivor” pursuing a claim against CFC/ CBC/ SFA

The amount of scheidt being posted on here is beginning to annoy me and people are being misled.

No direct contact has been made to survivors from CFC. If represented CFC need to go via their solicitors

CFC have instructed Clyde & Co Solicitors to deal with the claims

Damages to be assessed primarily on the Judicial College Guidelines via psychological damages

And no I’ve not been contacted by anyone connected to CFC. Only Police Scotland have contacted me

The amount of scheidt being posted on here is beginning to annoy me and people are being misled.

No direct contact has been made to survivors from CFC. If represented CFC need to go via their solicitors

Damages to be assessed primarily on the Judicial College Guidelines via psychological damages

And no I’ve not been contacted by anyone connected to CFC. Only Police Scotland have contacted me
Hopefully you get the justice, and apology you deserve.

Probably the best and most informative first post ever in FF history.

Thank you for a true insight into what's really going on.

Probably the best and most informative first post ever in FF history.

Thank you for a true insight into what's really going on.

My psychological assessment is next week. The report will be available about October.

This gets sent to Clyde & co with a valuation which depends on level of symptoms ( mild moderate or severe) personally speaking I rate it as severe. If claiming potential loss of earnings on the open market the this would be comparable to Alex Rae as our career up until 1986 was identical. Alex played with me at CBC but I never recall Alex being subjected to abuse. Alex and I were social friends also circa 1986 and went on to play with Falkirk etc. So say £5m was earned by Alex.

If the court was to award this then serious financial ramifications for Celtic FC although prospects of this head of claim are somewhat slim.

Can we speak privately?

My psychological assessment is next week. The report will be available about October.

This gets sent to Clyde & co with a valuation which depends on level of symptoms ( mild moderate or severe) personally speaking I rate it as severe. If claiming potential loss of earnings on the open market the this would be comparable to Alex Rae as our career up until 1986 was identical. Alex played with me at CBC but I never recall Alex being subjected to abuse. Alex and I were social friends also circa 1986 and went on to play with Falkirk etc. So say £5m was earned by Alex.

If the court was to award this then serious financial ramifications for Celtic FC although prospects of this head of claim are somewhat slim.

It’s one of those posts I just can’t hit a ‘like’ button for . I hope you get what you deserve rather than a “valuation”. How crass.

Please forgive us if we are sometimes way off the mark. You have to realise that we are working in an information vacuum due to the orchestrated cover up.

We are trying to do our best to pick away at CFC to create enough pressure for you and your buddies to get the justice you deserve.

We might be cack handed at times and insensitive and off the wall, but we just do not know the nature of the final blow to break the dam. For this reason we continue with many, diverse strategies.

Welcome to you and you have my respect for your openness.

Hope you get the closure that helps you @PaisleyBlueBear

Hope you get justice mate.

Please forgive us if we are sometimes way off the mark. You have to realise that we are working in an information vacuum due to the orchestrated cover up.

We are trying to do our best to pick away at CFC to create enough pressure for you and your buddies to get the justice you deserve.

We might be cack handed at times and insensitive and off the wall, but we just do not know the nature of the final blow to break the dam. For this reason we continue with many, diverse strategies.

Welcome to you and you have my respect for your openness.

I’ve been on follow follow since it began around 2002sh but not a regular poster

I am finding it difficult to reply to you without appearing crass or trite. I am a recent member, but there is a genuine sense of brotherhood in this site, There is of course the serious stuff like this thread and all the nonsense in the Lounge area.

If it helps, by all means share your thoughts and advice on this thread, but take some time to have a bit of banter in other areas.

You now have many thousands of fellow bears watching your back.

If I am a cheesy arsehole by saying this then please excuse me.

Here’s the effects of this all coming to the fore again:

Last year when this all kicked off I ended up in hospital. The stress of it all resulted in physical symptoms that I’ve never experienced before. Was off work for quite a long time

Buddy, you’ve probably got a better support network on here than you’d get anywhere else.

Look over on the Lounge depression thread. It’ll take you days to go through but you’ll find out you’re not alone, yea even in this stuff you’re going through.

And remember, you’ll never be short of someone to sit and have a coffee or beer with if you build up trust with a poster there.

Better than any medicine out there!

Thanks for your offer

My wife asked me about it tonight snd had to tell her I can’t tdlk about it. We’ve been married nearly 20 years

It’s a bit like unleashing a wild animal from its cage

FUCKING BASTARDS

Write down the feelings that you wish you could verbally communicate. Write them down as and when you feel them. Keep a wee word document on your computer that you can add to as and when you feel like it.

If your lady ever puts you under too much pressure, then print it off and let her read it. The mere action of creating a record is therapeutic as it makes you feel that you are actually taking some action rather than just being helpless.

I am not particularly good at communicating my personal thoughts verbally, but doing the above at least allows me an outlet.

Write down the feelings that you wish you could verbally communicate. Write them down as and when you feel them. Keep a wee word document on your computer that you can add to as and when you feel like it.

If your lady ever puts you under too much pressure, then print it off and let her read it. The mere action of creating a record is therapeutic as it makes you feel that you are actually taking some action rather than just being helpless.

I am not particularly good at communicating my personal thoughts verbally, but doing the above at least allows me an outlet.
That’s exactly what I’m doing

Back