Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Their official kit man abused numerous children .
They will all have their day in court .
Some will not want to go public and relive their nightmare again .
They will just want some acknowledgment of the crimes committed against them and that will give them closure .
Others will feel that they should be compensated for their living hell.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill ...

Pretty sure Cairney admitted in court he was paid by shame fc and the boy abused in America was promoted to the first team on his return from the states
If this was any of my family I would want the people who covered this up in court
I think a good place to start would be the people who attended the meeting at the piggery with McGinn

Trust the posters who are in contact with Kelly Heyboer at NJ Advance Media who was alerted to the Cairney sex abuse claim in New Jersey forward the Daily Mail article

The female lawyer in US needs the info too

Nonce FC disgust me. They have actively covered this up for 50 years since the abuse started by Torbett in 1967

When the other victims are paid compo they better start apologising to the victims in public and made to apologise to the rest of Scottish football

They will continue to name every other club that had a whiff of scandal, deny deflect and try whataboutery,there is a part of me saying hell mend you, you allowed celtic a free hand, your mouths were closed your eyes were shut all you could hear was big bad Rangers, in my eyes i couldnt give an Airborne copulation about any Club that thought it would be a good idea to put the Boot in to us , while handing the whole of Scottish football to the Bheasts, to do so as they wish,my dearest wish is to see Parkhead looking like Cathkin Now
Whataboutery is defenetly part of their armory now, that and the usual deflection, denial and lies.

Tick tock lads
This is a step in the right direction
You can guarantee that others abused by Mccafferty will now come forward

When they go to court for the boys club claims they should be punished 10 times worse than they normally would have for their disgusting conduct and treatment of the victims

I had a puddle drinkers fan say to me a while ago that even if it’s proven in court and the club admit their guilt as having known about the abuse the STILL wouldn’t believe it

That is the sort of deranged fan base they have

Something stinks. Why do I think this?
Well, celtc are involved so it stands to reason..

So, after all the sound bites from Patrick McGuire of Thomson's Solicitors about his clients, right out of the blue this case from an entirely different direction comes out?
And it comes out in the Daily Mail no less.
The same Daily Mail whose employee John Greechan once took a sly sideways dig at Rangers fans who were commenting on celtc's child abuse issues, and speculatively (and incorrectly) suggesting we'd something closer to home to worry about.
The same Scottish Daily Mail whose sports team have a distinctly celtc-minded taint?

2 things :

1. Celtc are now suddenly willingly paying out to someone who was an employee of the club for abuse by another club employee. Perhaps they see this as reinforcing their separate entity stance for damage limitation purposes. "We're only paying out in this instance because it's quite obviously different to all the other cases you've read about".

2. A precedent has been set at £100,000. A rather low figure by anybody's estimate.

I fully expect Thomson's clients to now be offered a figure somewhere significantly south of £100,000 in a "You understand we don't need to give you anything but seeing as how we are so charitable an organisation, we'll award you 'x' amount as a good will gesture". The press will take this as their signal to immediately fall in behind the mentally challengeds claiming celtc are the good guys after all.

Remember, celtc and their many friends sprinkled around catholic society, useful idiot non-catholics, the media, politics, and the judiciary have not fought tooth and nail to keep a lid on this as much as possible for around half à century and more to suddenly throw in the towel now.
Nothing is beyond these contemptible people.
I believe they actually glory in finding new lows to stoop to.
They truly are an evil cult.

[
CELTIC PAY DAMAGES TO ABUSED EX-PLAYER
Club agrees settlement with former player assaulted by kitman convicted of sex crimes
Have you got a link for this my friend, its just that i have a DM subscription and the only place i can find this article, is here and Press reader, i have looked in the Scottish edition and the Aussie one, I dont trust the enablers, i wouldnt put any thing past a damage limitation company and it seems i am not the only one and ps keep up the great work.

So, after all the sound bites from Patrick McGuire of Thomson's Solicitors about his clients, right out of the blue this case from an entirely different direction comes out?
The same Daily Mail whose employee John Greechan once took a sly sideways dig at Rangers fans who were commenting on celtc's child abuse issues, and speculatively (and incorrectly) suggesting we'd something closer to home to worry about.
The same Scottish Daily Mail whose sports team have a distinctly celtc-minded taint?

2 things :

1. Celtc are now suddenly willingly paying out to someone who was an employee of the club for abuse by another club employee. Perhaps they see this as reinforcing their separate entity stance for damage limitation purposes. "We're only paying out in this instance because it's quute obviously different to all the other cases you've read about".

2. A precedent has been set at £100,000. A rather low figure by anybody's estimate.

I fully expect Thomson's clients to now be offered a figure somewhere significantly south of £100,000 in a "You understand we don't need to give you anything but seeing as how we are so charitable an organisation, we'll award you 'x' amount as a good will gesture". The press will take this as their signal to immediately fall in behind the mentally challengeds claiming celtc are the good guys after all.

Remember, celtc and their many friends sprinkled around catholic society, useful idiot non-catholics, the media, politics, and the judiciary have not fought tooth and nail to keep a lid on this as much as possible for around half à century and more to suddenly throw in the towel now.
Like children pushing the boundaries to see what they can get away with,

Im pretty sure no cleaner at GCC got 100k, weird post.

Figure is low though.
All the equal pay claimants (both full time and part time) were contractual constrained to not discuss their settlements but the family’s are aware. Some staff did hit the £100k mark. Crazy but true and good luck to each and everyone who got recompensed for being ripped off and underpaid over the years.

Daily mail sponsor Paedo FC check
Stephen McGowan Celtic supporting writer Check
This an attempt to minimise the bad news they are accepting responsibility for a CFC as other posters say this another attempt to distance from the boys club and will be prsented by the PR and media as they honour their debts when they occur. This article is far from critical if CFC it is their calculated risk to reduce the issue in the public minds. Will we see Sheridan's tweet highlighted in the media?

This club wont be shut down, they will come out of it intact...its unfortunate but thats what will happen im afraid.
The media will help in their "damage limitation"
Hopefully the victims get some kind of justice but it wont be the justice that we would expect...
As has been said previous...lawwell an co. Will walk away from any wrongdoings with their heads held high patting each other on the back, reputation slightly dented but club and business intact!...spiers,english and others will praise them for accepting there was "tragic events that happened,its time to move on now"
End of story.

There will be no true justice for what those poor kids went through at that club or any other club
No amount of money will heal the scars that will haunt them forever.

Will the compensation differ depending on what basis the lawyers pursue Shame FC in court? The lad that got 100K put in a Personal Injury claim. Is McGuire doing the same or going another route?

Another email to my mp today

Dear Gavin,

Further to my previous and unanswered email to you,following todays article in the daily mail,where celtic have ADMITTED liability for the historic sexual abuse caused by one of their employees(one of many ),will you and your party now call for and DEMAND a full,public inquiry into your club and ALL OTHER SPORTING CLUBS in relation to historic and current sexual abuse of minors?.
The fact that to date, your party has made no acknowledgement of the crimes committed by this club is an absolute outrage and your party is a disgrace to the scottish public and these victims,you would rather railroad the nation towards independence than justice for the sexual.abuse victims,it says everything.

I post todays article for you below and still demand you and your party take responsibility and start this inquiry with urgency.

Daily mail sponsor Paedo FC check
Stephen McGowan Celtic supporting writer Check
This an attempt to minimise the bad news they are accepting responsibility for a CFC as other posters say this another attempt to distance from the boys club and will be prsented by the PR and media as they honour their debts when they occur. This article is far from critical if CFC it is their calculated risk to reduce the issue in the public minds. Will we see Sheridan's tweet highlighted in the media?

To be fair to McGowan there is another article in today's edition (P. 122) that headlines: "it's time for Celtic to forget about the cost to their bank balance and the club's reputation and focus fully on...JUSTICE FOR ALL"

He's quite clear that Celtic need to take full responsibility for what happened at CBC.

It's an admission of guilt .something they have denied publicly for years ..They knew OK and this proves it
No it's not. It's a move to deny the Boys Club connection. This was the Pro Youth set up. The scum are trying to be clever here, will be interesting to see how this goes.
Damage limitation with sponsors etc as we "done the right thing".

ALAN Brazil was on the front page of the record on the 4th of September 2006 and in big letters it said
BOOT OUT CLUBS WHO PROTECT PERVERTS that is the bottom line and this is what should be happening as we all know they covered it up. if you google Alan Brazil and BOOT OUT CLUBS WHO PROTECT PERVERTS it comes up on www.pressreader.com

Last edited:
Man city are only paying 65k per victim. Its shocking but UK law is very light with compo. There was never going to be a significant payout. The moral obligation for an apology as well as compensation of course should be minimum expected. A full independent public enquiry should be held though. The fact is hasnt is a national disgrace that lies firmly on the SNP door

CB, I may be wrong here but I’m assuming Man City were able to keep the damages low as they would have been able to show they didn’t know they were taking on a paedophile.

Perhaps this might even help Celtic keep payments low for the child abuse which took place up until Torbett’s reinstatement.

They’d have absolutely no similar fall back in respect of the sex attacks which took place after the reinstatement.

Celtic knowingly and willingly subjected every kid to a very dangerous (and possibly murderous) paedophile ring. Many lives were ruined and some tragically ended.

A fully independent public inquiry is a must.

The club should be shut down .Any other club in Scotland would be for these crimes .

Look at the way we were treated over a Tax bill and they way they are being treated over these allegations.
If this was us we would be front, middle and back of every newspaper, the radio shows would be talking about retribution and the supporters from every other club to have us shut down would be off the scale.

Celtic have compensated this player because he played for Celtic FC and McCafferty was an employee of Celtic FC.

But don't be surprised if they still go down the separate entity route with Celtic Boys Club. They'll continue to try and wriggle their way out of this.

I genuinely hope this is the breakthrough the victims have been waiting for, but anyone expecting Celtic to come out with their hands in the air offering an unreserved apology for the misery caused and the lives they've ruined may be in for a disappointment.

This for me too. They are without class and will still try the separate entity nonsense. There is still a long road to travel before true justice will be seen.

Pretty sure Cairney admitted in court he was paid by shame fc and the boy abused in America was promoted to the first team on his return from the states
If this was any of my family I would want the people who covered this up in court
I think a good place to start would be the people who attended the meeting at the piggery with McGinn

As in, for the meeting to discuss Cairney’s abuse in Kearny ?

2 things :

1. Celtc are now suddenly willingly paying out to someone who was an employee of the club for abuse by another club employee. Perhaps they see this as reinforcing their separate entity stance for damage limitation purposes. "We're only paying out in this instance because it's quite obviously different to all the other cases you've read about".

I agree with your reading of this too EH47. This is part of their strategy.

We still have a big fight on our hands.

The former player's lawyer said
"Ever since McCafferty’s abuse was exposed, Celtic FC remained firm in its defence and denial of responsibility. However, after thorough investigations, I was able to present a robust case, which resulted in the club admitting liability".
The scumbags even tried denying it when it was two full time employees of the club.
Filthy, rancid, shameless b@stards.

Meanwhile, back in Hollicom World the Daily Rhetard has gone with a huge front page splash on Motherwell paedophillia (just seen that in the newsagent).
Literally vomit enducing isn't it. The faux outrage from the rhebel is eye opening they've had the biggest scandel in Scottish history for 40 odd years and counting and they chose to mostly ignore it. Their front page today opitimizes their friendship with beast fc

CB, I may be wrong here but I’m assuming Man City were able to keep the damages low as they would have been able to show they didn’t know they were taking on a paedophile.

Perhaps this might even help Celtic keep payments low for the child abuse which took place up until Torbett’s reinstatement.

They’d have absolutely no similar fall back in respect of the sex attacks which took place after the reinstatement.

Celtic knowingly and willingly subjected every kid to a very dangerous (and possibly murderous) paedophile ring. Many lives were ruined and some tragically ended.

A fully independent public inquiry is a must.

Their so called 1986 investigation when they claimed the victims claims were ‘scurrilous’ must be relevant to this too IB ?

Look at the way we were treated over a Tax bill and they way they are being treated over these allegations.
If this was us we would be front, middle and back of every newspaper, the radio shows would be talking about retribution and the supporters from every other club to have us shut down would be off the scale.
Agreed 100% mate its a fucking disgrace

1. They need to say SORRY, hold their hands up and admit guilt. In front of the cameras in front of the world, in front of their stadium.
2. They need to pay out damages to those that were abused. Personal apologise for their actions for then and now.
3. Those that swept under the carpet need to go to jail. All directors who were involved in the cover up.
4. Those who were involved in keeping these heinous crimes quiet should be brought to trial. Including those at the SPFL/ SFA who never took the club to task over their denial.
5. Sanctions should be imposed on the club for the past crimes. And their handling of these matters.
Absolutely 100% bang on the button

I wonder if the payment of a
" Significant amount " is to make sure the ex player doesn't reveal himself.
Myself and others on here have known about an ex well known player who was also a Scottish Internationalist that was swaying about coming out with his story because his family didn't even know.
Disclaimer : I don't know for sure it is him but got a feeling it is

Whataboutery is defenetly part of their armory now, that and the usual deflection, denial and lies.
Correct, and if you do twatter, you`ll see that plenty of them now hit back with 66 references. That was a subject that was pretty much taboo except to their hard-core bampots but there are plenty throwing that about now. And they say we 'point score'.
They must be getting worried.

Paying compensation to each and every victims is the least they can do.

However even if this is done, and I am not convinced it will, the most important fact should never be overlooked and must be investigated by Police - the four decades of cover up of this systematic child abuse by those in power at the club along with their greastest manager (BJK). Never forget this in not abuse by one individual, 6 are already doing time whilst rumours persist that as many as a further 10 are known about. In any decent country those in power would do time for this and the club be punished severely.

No one will ever convince me otherwise that the only reason Sporting and Religious bodies were exempt from investigation in the remit of the Scottish Govt's 2015 Inquiry into Child Abuse was to protect both the Catholic Church and Celtic.

This club wont be shut down, they will come out of it intact...its unfortunate but thats what will happen im afraid.
The media will help in their "damage limitation"
Hopefully the victims get some kind of justice but it wont be the justice that we would expect...
As has been said previous...lawwell an co. Will walk away from any wrongdoings with their heads held high patting each other on the back, reputation slightly dented but club and business intact!...spiers,english and others will praise them for accepting there was "tragic events that happened,its time to move on now"
End of story.

There will be no true justice for what those poor kids went through at that club or any other club
No amount of money will heal the scars that will haunt them forever.
I've got my eyes on you ;)

Back