Rangers tv - on your telly

Diego Maradona

Official Ticketer
Just sharing my technology success this evening.

Couldn’t cast the game last week, and built-in browser didn’t like rangers tv for some reason.

Lightening to HDMI cable does exactly what you need it to do. £6 on eBay.

I feel strangely successful, expected it to be added to my meaningless useless cables pile. ;)

Couldn’t cast the game last week, and built-in browser didn’t like rangers tv for some reason.

I feel strangely successful, expected it to be added to my meaningless useless cables pile. ;)

What happens if like mine your TV is already wall mounted and can't be arsed lifting it off lol

I didn’t know that was a thing. Great tip!

For the technologically bereft amongst us, what is a lightening to HDMI cable and how does it work?

I have a top of the range Samsung 4K Smart tv, so presume this would work.

The Apple lightning-to-HDMI is close to £50. I assume you got a fake - which can be hit-or-miss. If it works it’s good news and I may go for it myself. You got a link to the item or seller on eBay?

For the technologically bereft amongst us, what is a lightening to HDMI cable and how does it work?

I have a top of the range Samsung 4K Smart tv, so presume this would work.

It’s basically a lightning connector (which goes into your iPhone or iPad) at one end and has an adapter with an HDMI port at the other end. Put an HDMI cable into that, connect it to your TV and you can then mirror your iPad or iPhone screen to the TV.

It’s basically a lightning connector (which goes into your iPhone or iPad) at one end and has an adapter with an HDMI port at the other end. Put an HDMI cable into that, connect it to your TV and you can then mirror your iPad or iPhone screen to the TV.
Do you need to download any additional apps or software onto your phone, iPad or tv?

I got one off amazon......it didn’t work, kept saying there was a problem with bandwidth
Got one from apple 50 bangers, works perfect

After having bother with the picture going blurry on my smart telly during the last round, VB suggested changing the resolution but he wasn't sure if it could be done on the telly.

Just went on and checked and yes you can change it.

A wee heads up for anyone else that had this problem.

No, just change the input to marry up with the HDMI port you are using
No mate. Should be straightforward with the genuine Apple product but hit and miss with the fakes. Connect them up then select the appropriate HDMI input on your TV in the same way you would switch to XBox for example.
Thanks guys. Probably a bit late for tomorrow but might well try this in the future.

What are you casting from? I bought an adapter similar to what you have described, when I put RTV through it I can’t get the picture on my iPad to fill the tv screen, it only fills the centre bit with black bars at the sides.
I have tried a variety of different things, but keep going back to connecting my laptop via HDMI.

Yes I use my destop via HDMI to my big screen telly for all home computing and internet viewing. Occasionally hook the PC to my old projector which is HDMI to VGA and I get the match on my wall - 8ft x 6 ft is fine when you chose 1080p in the wee RTV icon.

Rangers TV works on both my LG and Samsung smart TV browsers. Never had any issues. Log in a good hour before the game and change the mbps from auto to 1080 or 720.

I never got the game on my Samsung at all last week, I won’t make the mistake of paying for it this week.
I did email RTV about it but they couldn’t be bothered to respond..

A thread full of da’s discussing last decades technology, with sheer surprise.
Dads and Grandads. I've been using main TV as a monitor since I had a 386 in the mid-90's. The only time I can use my phone to watch something is with the VR goggles, otherwise it's too footery.

I never got the game on my Samsung at all last week, I won’t make the mistake of paying for it this week.
I did email RTV about it but they couldn’t be bothered to respond..

Why email RangersTV about it? The issue is with the inbuilt browser on your Smart TV. Problem is, many of them just aren’t good enough to deal with streaming via the browser. I tried on my son’s Smart TV recently and simply got a message saying ‘not enough memory to perform this function’. Nothing at all to do with a RangersTV.

Never had an issue with rtv at all and I don’t get pop ups on FF either! PS4 & adblocker it’s that easy. This threads like yer granny’s asking you to hook up the vcr with a couple a scart leads

If you have a Playstation or Xbox then use that. Literally log in on the web browser and it works no bother.

I tried this logging on to RTV via the browser on my TV. The picture wasn't great and I got that ghost effect on the ball and the action would freeze for half a second every 10 seconds or so. It was almost unwatchable. Googled it and there was some info on turning off certain features in your TV settings. That improved things a little but it still wasn't great.

Anyone got anymore info on this? Would logging on via a PS4 sort this?

Web Video Caster works from your phone, but not with a VPN.

Either plug your pc into your TV or cast the screen, using cast tab in Chrome browser, to a Chromecast (pc again).

I'm sure others will have ways.

My setup is iPhone playing the game and then streaming to the Apple TV. Works for BT Sport too.

For a VPN I use ‘Express VPN’ which costs you about 50 quid a year but it’s excellent. It comes with a phone, tablet or desktop app which means you can flick the vpn on and off at your leisure. The VPN’s change often and so are not detected by some of the free vpn like the US netflix and they have good speeds. It’s secure too which is something I’m always concerned about when using free vpns

The Apple lightning-to-HDMI is close to £50. I assume you got a fake - which can be hit-or-miss. If it works it’s good news and I may go for it myself. You got a link to the item or seller on eBay?

Connect my Mac to TV with a £9.99 connecter from Amazon ) works a treat):

KiWiBiRD USB-C to HDMI Adapter, Type-C (Thunderbolt 3 Compatible) 4K@60Hz Video Adapter Compatible with MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad Pro 2018, Surface Book 2/Go, Dell XPS, Lenovo Yoga 900/910, Galaxy S10

So we’re maintaining that if I run a cable from my Macbook to the smart TV we can get the game up and running?

Should work just the same as with a Windows laptop mate. Obviously you will probably need something like a Thunderbolt to HDMI connector or USB-C to HDMI connector though - given it’s a MacBook. After that it’s just VPN on (when appropriate), login to RangersTV and away you go.

Back