We have to drown out TBB with boos

And the celtic fans will be smiling from ear to ear when they hear it. They will be hoping and praying we sing about 19th Century Terrorist blood so they can record it and plaster it all over social media.
They can and will.

However in terms of getting us into trouble then they can’t as there’s no strict liability for domestic games, just European ones.
However there’s no doubt that those songs have had their day and need binned. Closing sections of Ibrox is probably the only way to ensure this, and I hate that fact.

I just can’t see any other way the brain dead in our support will actually start listening.

Mibbees I'm taken out of context here in that since we were told not to sing the Billy Boys I have not sung it in our ground.

But, to sing it inside when the directive was not to sing it I have upheld what our club has asked.

Anywhere else, now that's another matter.

We've all sang it so there is no use in pointing fingers at each other. What is absolutely clear now is the song has to be binned immediately for the good of the club. That isn't up for debate.
The Billy Boys was effectively 'binned' for a period of time but this issue is not about the Billy Boys.

We had 'journalists' complaining that WATP is sectarian as was Armed Forces Day.

We could sing Onward Christian Soldiers and it would be deemed a Loyalist anthem or Will Your Anchor Hold an Orange/Masonic symbolic interpretation.

This is not about songs. It's sectarian discrimination.

There is no debate. Contine to sing this song and we could be booted of European football. Now tell me how it can possibly be up for debate? What Rangers supporter is going to chant this song with the threat of expulsion hanging over us? Explain please.
I'd prefer the lyrics we sing the sash and Derry's walls anyway

Debate done

We were there before this board and will be there after them. Remember that.
The board have a real battle on their hands in terms of losing the faith and goodwill of a great many of the clubs fans over the coming days and weeks.

They can’t take this lying down and yes whilst having to grudgingly admit the days of TBB and a few others have to come to an end as a matter of urgency, our board have to highlight the glaring hypocrisies and lack of consistency in how both ourselves and others are treated. They also need to come out and call FARE out for what they are (assuming they have been involved as usual this time) as well as UEFA’s double standards in ethics and equality.

Because TBB is banned in all forms by UEFA. I'd have thought someone so committed to singing it would have known this. Or do you not care about what happens to the club?
So we expecting man United
Killie ( one season wonder ) to be kicked out ?

Billy boys is not banned

Any mentally challenged logged on reading the all the posts this afternoon must be pishing themselves. Bears arguing with bears. Suggestions of booing our own, shutting down sections.
Time to breathe and see what happens during the week.
No surrender, WATP.

Yes and it is exactly the reason it will be the last time I visit this place.
Hoaching with maggots. Hey fat dingo. Van me from this pish

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.

It won’t matter one bit if it’s sung on the 1st of September Just don’t sing it in Europe. Not a thing will be done about it domestically.

If those that sing these songs keep on doing so relentlessly then that's all they will be left with..TBB no stadium access and no Rangers in Europe. We are a great football club not a 'Hate the Pope and RC church' Meet up

Last edited:
Let's not forget that we did stop singing this and it only crept back in because the authorities in Scotland allowed them to sing whatever they want.

Simple word changes then allow these songs.

It really won’t. You honestly trying to tell me the sfa will come after us? They’d have to go after Celtic and Aberdeen as well never going to happen imo.
I'd rather not take the chance after today. They will do absolutely everything to stop us winning 55. Nothing should be ruled out.

Boo TBB?? A rangers anthem of ours, our fathers and there fathers before that. A rousing song that has urged many rangers team on when times were tough

I dont know if its the soft attitude if people in 2019 but i just cannae believe a song causes so much offence. If the shoes on the other foot i dont give a F%ck what the manky mob sing

If anyone thinks the songs are going to be cut out, or drowned out by boos, take a look at the threads on Rangers Media.
I can see us being kicked out of Europe this season, and I think that's the plan from UEFA.

And FWIW, I don't see how FTP can be classed as sectarian, or anything about the IRA. However, it's not really relevant to Rangers is it?
If you live in a state of delusion encompassing enough for you to believe Rangers have no political or religious affiliation, you're right.

The criminalisation of TBB was the first attack on Rangers and all the bending over backwards and faux offended-ness since has not helped our club in all those years.
It is our cry of celebration, one that is unpalatable to them.

It really won’t. You honestly trying to tell me the sfa will come after us? They’d have to go after Celtic and Aberdeen as well never going to happen imo.

Aye because the SFA always hold us to the same standards as Celtic and the other clubs.

Where have you been for the last twenty odd years?

19th Century Terrorist which is acknowledged by mentally challenged fc are virtually laughing in yoofas face while at the same time supporting murdering scum from their stands singing in praise of a current terrorist and murdering organisation and also condoning the behaviour of a major section who sit on their property.

We need to then AGAIN refrain from singing TBB and get wise to the singing of murdering scum from the east end of the city.

We know where it has come from let's hit back.

Aye because the SFA always hold us to the same standards as Celtic and the other clubs.

Where have you been for the last twenty odd years?

We have been here before with fare and UEFA years ago I said the same back then and was ridiculed for it. The sfa will not come near any songs we sing domestically. Opens up a can of worms they don’t want to go near.

*edit * if it was only us signing bad songs then they would not hesitate but it’s not.

Too many people having a stroke (not the medical kind) over the opportunity to show their woke credentials to the 'Dinosaur support' who have followed the team for decades.

You're a moron and I have been following this team longer than you have. We support Rangers. It seems you don't.
To claim that it is only posturing is laughable.

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.

You're quite correct.

Who is going to be doing this drowning out?

The people I keep reading on here who keep going on about these songs clearly don't go to Ibrox. Or if they do they have nothing to say when the majority (yes, the MAJORITY) are singing certain songs.

We need to keep singing this songs and focus on exposing the attacks on us as bigoted campaign of hate against us and their motives.We can't give in. We have to fight them .This isnt't fair or acceptable.
That’s exactly what to do. Keep singing the songs that will get us kicked out of Europe. That will show them :rolleyes:

You're a moron and I have been following this team longer than you have. We support Rangers. It seems you don't.
To claim that it is only posturing is laughable.
Your shitey patter is 100% posturing. Anyone engaging in 'you're not a real fan' nonsense has either run out of well thought out responses or never had the privilege of conceiving one.

Regarding TBB. Change couple of words directed from club. The majority would sing the new verse and drown out those who dont. Its not rocket science but the support must have direction from club. Its ok saying dont sing it but there will be those who do therefore we need an alternative.

No, the fans have political and religious affiliation. The club was started by 4 lads who simply liked playing football.
Is there any overlap between the fans, the club, the institution, etc. Of course there is. It's a layered issue but it isn't as easy as saying 'the club are apolitical on all things' (even if that statement may be technically true).

We need to keep singing this songs and focus on exposing the attacks on us as bigoted campaign of hate against us and their motives.We can't give in. We have to fight them .This isnt't fair or acceptable.
I’ve been noting your numerous posts over the day and I’m 100% convinced your a fifth (filth) columnist. It’s not even subtle, you’re a joke, go back to Kerryfail from whence you came.

You're quite correct.

Who is going to be doing this drowning out?

The people I keep reading on here who keep going on about these songs clearly don't go to Ibrox. Or if they do they have nothing to say when the majority (yes, the MAJORITY) are singing certain songs.
I've got a season ticket for Ibrox and have accepted that these songs need to go. I don't think it could be any clearer now. Could it?

Back