Abd so it starts. Call to remove 'tangerine' kit

As pathetic as it could possibly get.
I wonder if it will soon be only our players who shouldn’t wear orange boots or will this extend to players of almost every team in the country. Must get a bit confusing for him when RCs voluntarily pull on orange boots.

I’d like someone to ask Stewart “ what connotations do you mean Micheal ? “ let him answer . Is he saying that it’s to represent the orange order ? And if so , what would his problem be with that ? Is he saying that the orange order are to be banned ? What is his point ?

Someone should ask him outright about these “ connotations “ he’s insinuating . I’m sure the orange order lawyers will be listening .

Nobody has been told to stop singing orange or Protestant songs this week BTW.

This needs made abundantly clear .

We're getting bogged down here. Rats like Stewart etc talking about strip colours, is just white noise. Unless our strip had a balaclava' d UVF gunman on it we'll be fine. Drop 19th Century Terrorists and pope and we're sorted. In the clear. I think they(FARE) will come back for more songs. But really, how can you come back for songs we've sung along with these ones that got us done, say nothing and then later demand action?

What a prick. If Rangers want to have an Orange strip as a representation of their Protestant heritage what the %^*& is wrong with that? Wanker.

We need to fight back .Starting with writing to his employers copying his political tweets .He is using British Telecom for political exposure. We should write ,send emails phone enmass it's the only way Start with the biggest BT

Even if the strip does have religious connotations then so what? They’ve had strips out with crosses on their badge and there’s been no debate

He can shut his hole. For it to be sectarian or racist they would need to make that official and remove all orange kits across Europe. That isn't going to happen. Not without UEFA being slapped out of existence. Which in all fairness, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Whether it's about the Dutch lads or not, what is wrong with being associated with the Protestant aspect of the colour Orange anyway?

Why do we allow a whole culture to be demonised like this?

Only a matter of time until we have nothing left as a club.
From the Daily Record

Derek Ferguson and Michael Stewart in Rangers on-air ding-dong as pair clash over orange strips
Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side but Stewart claims the Ibrox side can do more in the wake of their UEFA sectarian hammer blow.

ByGraeme Young
15:26, 24 AUG 2019UPDATED15:33, 24 AUG 2019

Derek Ferguson has labelled Michael Stewart "petty" after the pair were involved in a fierce debate over Rangers' role in sectarian chanting at Ibrox.

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side over their full and frank reaction in the wake of UEFA's partial stadium closure for offensive singing within Ibrox.

At least 3000 supporters will miss Thursday's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw on Thursday but Stewart reckons the club can do more and reckons binning orange strips is a must.

The club, Steven Gerrard and Dave King all delivered strong messages on Friday but the debate continues to rumble on.

The Ibrox side wore a 'tangerine' away kit last season but the former Hibs and Hearts midfielder reckons potential religious connotations means the colour should be scrapped.

Rangers previously had an orange kit in 2002/03 when the club was jam-packed with Dutch stars like Arthur Numan and Ronald De Boer.

But Stewart claims he isn't buying an ode to former players as the reason for the club choosing that look in recent seasons.

He told Sportsound : "Can you not recognise the connotations that has when there isn't a single Dutch player at the club.

"If you talk about what more the club can then not putting out orange strips, I don't think anyone would say why aren't we respecting our Dutch players that were here a generation ago.

"Clearly that doesn't help the situation.

"To say it's purely down to the Dutch players, even if you take that at face value. What benefit is that having to the whole debate?

But Derek Ferguson had heard enough.

He responded: "I think it's petty what you've come up with.

"In my opinion it's petty and I think orange strips were in respect to the Dutch players.

"Rangers are a family, we don't forget, and I absolutely love getting together with the Dutch boys during legends games.

But Stewart interjected: "Do you see the connotation that has now?"

BBC pundit Michael Stewart
(Image: BT Sport)
Ferguson bit back: "It's a marketing ploy by Rangers and it's in respect of the Dutch boys - that's what I think.

"That (religious connotation) never even crossed my mind, there you go."

But Stewart kept going and probed further: "Do you not think that crosses the mind of a section of the club's supporters?

Ferguson replied: "I don't know, I cannot read minds."

Stewart doubled down on his point after Billy Dodds interjected.

He added: "Clubs can wear whatever colour they want, you guys are making the suggestion, that the clubs are doing everything they can and I am countering that by saying 'no they are not'."
The biggest surprise here isn’t that a qunt like Stewart came up with this it’s that Dodds and Ferguson are arguing that there is nothing wrong with us wearing orange!
Of course the nod to our Dutch players is convenient but Stewart’s stance is pathetic and, frankly, bigoted.

that’s the line in the sand for us ,telling us our kit is sectarian what’s next no more union jacks ? eff right off .

Perfect example. The singing stops, we move on to the color of the shirts. We dump the orange shirt then we'll be told the blue reminds him of how we used to have an orange shirt.
Then on to the Union Jack and it never ends.
The whole thing is a sham.
I can’t object to the songs but, you’re right, it’ll be something else tomorrow.
The songs though, are the only thing that can get us into any bother, legally with the judiciary or with football authorities.

I wish we had someone that would just come out and fight his bullshit with something equally as daft.

Celtic has connotations of terrorism and child abuse. Should they apologise then change their offensively racist name?

From the Daily Record

Derek Ferguson and Michael Stewart in Rangers on-air ding-dong as pair clash over orange strips
Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side but Stewart claims the Ibrox side can do more in the wake of their UEFA sectarian hammer blow.

ByGraeme Young

Derek Ferguson has labelled Michael Stewart "petty" after the pair were involved in a fierce debate over Rangers' role in sectarian chanting at Ibrox.

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side over their full and frank reaction in the wake of UEFA's partial stadium closure for offensive singing within Ibrox.

At least 3000 supporters will miss Thursday's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw on Thursday but Stewart reckons the club can do more and reckons binning orange strips is a must.

The club, Steven Gerrard and Dave King all delivered strong messages on Friday but the debate continues to rumble on.

The Ibrox side wore a 'tangerine' away kit last season but the former Hibs and Hearts midfielder reckons potential religious connotations means the colour should be scrapped.

Rangers previously had an orange kit in 2002/03 when the club was jam-packed with Dutch stars like Arthur Numan and Ronald De Boer.

But Stewart claims he isn't buying an ode to former players as the reason for the club choosing that look in recent seasons.

He told Sportsound : "Can you not recognise the connotations that has when there isn't a single Dutch player at the club.

"If you talk about what more the club can then not putting out orange strips, I don't think anyone would say why aren't we respecting our Dutch players that were here a generation ago.

"To say it's purely down to the Dutch players, even if you take that at face value. What benefit is that having to the whole debate?

"In my opinion it's petty and I think orange strips were in respect to the Dutch players.

"Rangers are a family, we don't forget, and I absolutely love getting together with the Dutch boys during legends games.

Ferguson bit back: "It's a marketing ploy by Rangers and it's in respect of the Dutch boys - that's what I think.

But Stewart kept going and probed further: "Do you not think that crosses the mind of a section of the club's supporters?

He added: "Clubs can wear whatever colour they want, you guys are making the suggestion, that the clubs are doing everything they can and I am countering that by saying 'no they are not'."
Hearts wear the colours of ABOD. Have never heard any criticism of hearts colours

Anyone who thinks dropping the offensive songs will stop these cunts coming after us is deluded.
They will chase us for everything they can while ignoring every other club.
Does it matter?
“They” cannot harm us for the colour of our strips, or anything else.

Time to ban Ginger Baws

He’s a shit stirring tosser and we should not allow him access to our stadium

If he’s there with BT Sport tell them on the day he’s no longer welcome

Hate works two ways ya Ginger wanker

You hate us. We hate you

So f.uck off you wankstain

I can’t object to the songs but, you’re right, it’ll be something else tomorrow.
The songs though, are the only thing that can get us into any bother, legally with the judiciary or with football authorities.
Right now the songs are the only thing. But things change.
Today, a grown adult was offended by the color of a shirt. In days gone bye Michael Stewart would be added to the BBC sport file marked "David Icke". But he is taken seriously. That WILL continue. With the wrong people in the right places, Scottish media and footballing powers are currently looking at all aspects of Rangers FC culture.
When they can take a word, proudly used by the people it affects, and turn it in to a punishable offense, the sky is the limit.

Once again someone inside Ibrox should grow a pair and tell the BBC that not one of their employees are welcome or will be admitted into the ground until further notice.
Stewart is a fucken embarrassment. I’d be ashamed if I was a friend or relation of his.

Anything not Catholic is sectarian it seems. This needs defended vigorously by Rangers, the Orange Order and Protestant representatives. He’s an absolute prick but he’s got a platform to spout this stuff unchallenged. The Orange Order is not a sectarian organisation and he is offending the tens of thousands of members and associates by making such comments. He needs taken to task over this. Modern football sees almost every club introduce kits of colours not traditionally associated with their club. I’ve never ever heard anyone in the world make disparaging comments towards any other club. It’s disgraceful.

If being a complete an utter a grade wonker was a sport, Stewart would be world champion.

Hes a complete mess. The absolute garbage he comes out with is embarrassing.

Right now the songs are the only thing. But things change.
Today, a grown adult was offended by the color of a shirt. In days gone bye Michael Stewart would be added to the BBC sport file marked "David Icke". But he is taken seriously. That WILL continue. With the wrong people in the right places, Scottish media and footballing powers are currently looking at all aspects of Rangers FC culture.
When they can take a word, proudly used by the people it affects, and turn it in to a punishable offense, the sky is the limit.
Sorry, not buying that one little bit.

Michael Stewart rarely speaks as a pundit, instead he is manoeuvring for his political career.
UDJGYdO.gif

Stewart needs his orange pubes booted,nothing but cock sucking arse licking apologist for the fiddlers

From the Daily Record

ByGraeme Young

There is no dubiety about the green worn by the child molesters and spoon burners
They eulogise about their oirish kafflik heritage and love of a country which harboured and supported republic murder gangs responsible for thousands of murders in the north of Ireland
The LFB,s in the east end of our fair city can set an an example but hauling down the Republican rag that flys there every day

Anything not Catholic is sectarian it seems. This needs defended vigorously by Rangers, the Orange Order and Protestant representatives. He’s an absolute prick but he’s got a platform to spout this stuff unchallenged. The Orange Order is not a sectarian organisation and he is offending the tens of thousands of members and associates by making such comments. He needs taken to task over this. Modern football sees almost every club introduce kits of colours not traditionally associated with their club. I’ve never ever heard anyone in the world make disparaging comments towards any other club. It’s disgraceful.
He was challenged.

From the Daily Record

ByGraeme Young

We have a blue strip, black and blue strip and a red strip.

We don't even have a fucking orange strip.

Back