Join the UB!

I’m more than sure the UB will be there tomorrow loud and proud as ever
Hope so cause they make matchdays.. and on another note there isn't a better song in full voice than the Billy Boys when the whole stadium sings it and anyone who says different is deluded it's been sung from our stands by our fathers grandfathers and great grandfathers and now this snow flake generation is going to bin it.. just aswell it's not this generation that's going to fight in world wars cause if it ever comes to that our country is fucked..see how offended you get when someone is firing live rounds at you

The UB now need to start singing traditional Rangers songs that have been lost through time. The club lose them and Ibrox loses its atmosphere completely. Only thing you'll be able to hear is fans raging at the referees decision making.

The UB are too valuable to lose.

Agree Nacho. They do a great job for the club.

This is not about the UB but about every Rangers fan.

We must all support the club or we may not have one going forward. And that’s what our enemies really want, so let’s not make it easy for them.

The point is the UB have been reported by FARE on this issue but I get your point.
Its time all supporters/ fans groups get together think of strategy that embraces their shared experiences and everything they want out of being a supporter , it can only benefit all supporters and the club going forward.

They weren’t the only ones singing it though, most of the stadium joined in. We should be sticking together as a support

Hope so cause they make matchdays.. and on another note there isn't a better song in full voice than the Billy Boys when the whole stadium sings it and anyone who says different is deluded it's been sung from our stands by our fathers grandfathers and great grandfathers and now this snow flake generation is going to bin it.. just aswell it's not this generation that's going to fight in world wars cause if it ever comes to that our country is fucked..see how offended you get when someone is firing live rounds at you
Your clearly deranged , all that is just the ramblings of a mad man

Union Bears are not to blame.They might have sung the BB at this game but so did a lot of others.This is being used to weaken our vocal support.Cant be allowed to happen.We take our punishment and move on.Everyone else can get fu*ked.The day I take moral lessons from those cun*s will never come.

Your clearly deranged , all that is just the ramblings of a mad man
See how offended you get when you can’t get into Ibrox to watch your team because UEFA have shut the place or there are no European games to go to because we’ve been thrown out!
I think our fathers, grand fathers and great grandfathers would be furious at us for being so bloody stupid!

Last edited:
What gets on my tits is the finger pointing at UB it's cheap way out taking some blame.

In no way are the UB soley to blame as TBB is sung by 99% of fans to say otherwise is bullshit.

The simple fix is to put TBB to the archives forever then we move on.

Am in.. UB are wot makes matchdays nowadays my young lad most matches doesn't even watch the game he watches the UB do there thing and loves it always says dad I want to be over there with them.. so all this PC hunk dont offend me crap has to stop its splitting the fanbase right down the middle dont leave the UB out to dry cause they have left memories with my young lad that will last forever on matchdays.. %^*& sfa %^*& uefa and %^*& all you hunks.. oh sorry if I offended anyone there

I am not getting your angle here? I agree, the UB are an asset to the club and I dont think they are to blame. Are you suggesting though, that we should be acting defiantly against the sfa, UEFA, and singing anything we want?

About as funny as all them saying they should be disbanded etc.

Some are acting like they are the only ones that care about Rangers. The UBS do too and no one knows what their stance is yet. So maybe we could reel in the bile for our own support til we do bearing in mind almost every person on this board will have sang TBB at some point.
They don't have a stance here. They either fall into line or they are history.

We are literally falling over ourselves to play into the hands of Speirs et al to get rid of our best supporters group. Doing their dirty work.

People openly wishing them gone, stating they are done. They weren’t the only ones singing. Every person that sung is equally to blame. There’s nothing our enemies would like better than them disbanded.

FFS, wake up. The lads will take it on board and learn from it, I expect (hope). But this throwing them under the bus is pish.

I completely agree but I do also hope that the UB know what a big responsibility they now have to lead the support going forward. If they don't heed the warning then I fear we're in big trouble.

A lot of misguided opinions and impressions here.

You don’t just stroll into the group and be a member. They have a process.
They weren’t formed by the club - the club can’t and won’t simply rebrand them.
Nobody out with their group members can decide if they’ve to be “merged” and renamed “blue union” hahahaha
They sing plenty traditional songs - nobody joins in
They sing modern songs - people complain they don’t sing traditional songs
TBB often starts from other areas of the stadium
Many, many, many times I’ve saw numbskulls sing something embarrassing at aways. The group hear this and instantly sing over them with something non offensive but popular.
They have no responsibility to anyone nor do they owe anyone anything. They aren’t a jukebox for you to tell what to sing and sit back and enjoy - Anyone of you are free to start a song.

Don't talk pish. What has he done to be banned?

Who needs enemies when we've got fans like you?
He's lead the BF in a chorus of the Billy Boys. The reputational damage is high and financial impact around £100k.

What type of hand wringer doesn't recognise that? Just you?

A statement from the UBs? An apology would be a start.

A Group with ideas above their station. The guy that leads them, wee guy sometimes stripped to the waist, he should be banned by the club.

If we're going to sort this mess out then it's about sitting down and communicating with the club and all the different fans group.

You obviously have your own opinion on the group but now is not the time for people wanting fans getting banned.

A statement from the UBs? An apology would be a start.

A Group with ideas above their station. The guy that leads them, wee guy sometimes stripped to the waist, he should be banned by the club.
What’s he done to be banned? He’s never started the Billy boys haha

He's lead the BF in a chorus of the Billy Boys. The reputational damage is high and financial impact around £100k.

What type of hand wringer doesn't recognise that? Just you?
Well both him and the UB are videoed in every game so if anyone has done anything wrong they will be asked to come into Ibrox

A lot of misguided opinions and impressions here.

You don’t just stroll into the group and be a member. They have a process.
They weren’t formed by the club - the club can’t and won’t simply rebrand them.
Nobody out with their group members can decide if they’ve to be “merged” and renamed “blue union” hahahaha
They sing plenty traditional songs - nobody joins in
They sing modern songs - people complain they don’t sing traditional songs
TBB often starts from other areas of the stadium
Many, many, many times I’ve saw numbskulls sing something embarrassing at aways. The group hear this and instantly sing over them with something non offensive but popular.
They have no responsibility to anyone nor do they owe anyone anything. They aren’t a jukebox for you to tell what to sing and sit back and enjoy - Anyone of you are free to start a song.
They are representing Rangers so along with us all do have that responsibility.
They’ve got the best chance of leading everyone in songs which won’t get the club in trouble. That was the original point.

Rather that ostracising the Union Bears, how about a positive bit of PR and education for our younger brethren.
Have an Open Day at Ibrox or Auchenhowie and invite every single one of them along.
Give them the history of our great club and at the same time impress on them the importance of fans supporting the team in the correct manner and if that means telling them what songs are acceptable and what aren't then so be it.
We obviously don't want to lose these guys as they're capable of creating an atmosphere to match anything in World Football but they need to be pointed in the right direction.
I'd rather we tried something like that rather than just ban them out of necessity.

Correct. I’m just above the UB’s and Ross has never started TBB. However, it seams to start around that area. Bf1/2 or WE.
I’m Row G and it tends to come from places you mentioned, moved over from Govan 4 years ago and haven’t seen him start it once.

As has been said we’ve all got a responsibility here and we’ve all been guilty of it before.

Well both him and the UB are videoed in every game so if anyone has done anything wrong they will be asked to come into Ibrox
Same guy was
Correct. I’m just above the UB’s and Ross has never started TBB. However, it seams to start around that area. Bf1/2 or WE.
There was another issue at a recent game. Heavy Police presence in the corner leading to filming. It was getting ready to kick off.

The UBs have ideas above their station.

The agree with a lot of the previous posts supporting the UB.

Any games I’ve been at they’ve made the atmosphere 200% better. They must stay. I’ve not seen or heard them start any songs that have sectarian words in them although I’m not a season ticket holder.

I think it’s best ALL Rangers supporters need to stick together even more than ever...cut out the sectarian words & make Ibrox the nosiest it’s EVER been. Learn from this & move on.

We’ve had a really strong start to the season so let’s get behind the team.

The UB now need to start singing traditional Rangers songs that have been lost through time. The club lose them and Ibrox loses its atmosphere completely. Only thing you'll be able to hear is fans raging at the referees decision making.

The UB are too valuable to lose.

Agree the UBs are an asset that needs to be retained and developed in partnership with the club. I’d say that the UBs have been instrumental in singing more traditional Rangers songs than any other group. And creating new songs to support our team and players. Often dismissed as “Euro ultras pish” by some on here. Wrongly. They’ve also reintroduced older songs that have been “lost through time”, Wolverhampton and Easy OK being examples of that. We need the rest of the stadium to get with it and join in. This doesn’t happen enough. But the entire stadium is typically happy to sing the anthems that are clearly past their sell by date in terms of UEFA scrutiny, whether we like it or not. Blaming the UBs is too easy and is unfair. There is a collective responsibility here. UBs can lead the way in changing it but the broader support has to embrace this too.

About as funny as all them saying they should be disbanded etc.

Some are acting like they are the only ones that care about Rangers. The UBS do too and no one knows what their stance is yet. So maybe we could reel in the bile for our own support til we do bearing in mind almost every person on this board will have sang TBB at some point.

"Let those without sin throw the first stone" So true!

W.A.T.P.

Same guy was

There was another issue at a recent game. Heavy Police presence in the corner leading to filming. It was getting ready to kick off.

The UBs have ideas above their station.[/QUOTE. Leading to filming..

They are filmed at most games.

Last edited:
Speaking as an old bear.... 64 my next birthday. I grew up singing TBB and fucking the pope. It was just what we did. In the late 60s and early 70s we went every where and anywhere and battered %^*& out if opposing fans. But this is 2019 and unfortunately it has to stop.

Back