Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Nah mate can't be arsed with this.
This was the day to lay down a marker and we barely laid a glove on them.
Go into the game in good shape and we line up like that ?

Our players looked scared and could barely pass 5 yards to each other. We shat it. That's one of the easiest games they'll ever have at Ibrox.

3 point lead is %^*& all. Only annoyed that we dropped what should be our worst old firm performance this season in a home match where we expected a result.
Oh and %^*& those smelly pedo enabling tramps

The ref was as pro them as expected.

Still, the worst performance of the day goes to SG who completely bottled it with his tactics. I hope this shite isn't what we'll get in the EL.

A red card for that? Go and fuuck yourself Madden. Time for Rangers to get the gloves off and defend ourselves. That bast@rd should never be allowed to referee a game at this level ever again.

Look at the tackle MacGregor for a talking to for?! Fuuck off. And Brown trying to antagonise Morelos?! He should have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct.

It was a red card all day long and he should be fined for it Game was over with seconds to play

Obvious after the first ten minutes we had played the wrong formation. Hard one to take, but no need for panic, the international break will do us good.

Gerrard smoking the wacky last night.?
What was that team selection all about.

I don’t usually have a go at him. But this was a major error. It just didn’t feel right as soon as I seen line up.

Basically flipped the December game on us that's what it was like

Didn't look up for it at all and Gerrard has to take some of that blame

Very disappointing. To be honest we were rotten and the better of two crap teams deservedly won. A lot of flack coming Gerrard's way I think.
Marker firmly laid down by them coming to Ibrox and winning. Cannot see them dropping many points this season so we must beat them at the Piggery I think.

That kind of statement sums up the clueless observations from some folk on here.

We could have had Ryan Giggs in his prime today playing for us and nothing would have been different.

From back to front we were woeful, the starting line up completely set the tempo and we never found our rhythm at any point today - THAT was the issue.
The problem was there was no width!!!! That's what caused our downfall you absalout fool!! There was no one running at that lots defence putting them under pressure.

And by the way if we had a prime Ryan Giggs on the wings today you can bet your bottom dollar we would have win that match!

What a disgraceful performance. It was like going back a couple of years. No fight or bottle all over the pitch. Worst thing is the mentally challengeds are bang ordinary.

so disappointed, could have laid down a marker instead we laid a huge turd and gave them a monster advantage for the next 3 month plus a massive psychological mountain to climb in going to snake mountain and trying to win. not good enough today but on wards always moving forwards.

See all you 'feck Gerrard' merchants - who do you want as replacement pedro caixinha or murty?

OK, it was pathetic today and the approach was wrong but we are making progress as a team even though there was precious little evidence today.

Stevie G can't be the greatest thing since sliced bread on Thursday and a waste of space today.

I don't think either team looked especially good today.

They got the breakthrough due to a mistake, yes, Edouard took it well, but that's what 9m buys them. Their second was always a risk in stoppage time as we chased an equaliser.

Not going to lose the heid. It wasn't the games against them that cost us the league last season, but there does have to be an improvement going forward.

55 express is still well and truly on track. We just met a small delay today.

Today, it hurts, but tomorrow I'll wake up and I'll still be employed, I'll still know who both of my parents are, they won't be related to each other, and I'll still be a Bear.

well we've been fucking awful today

shite against st mirren AND kilmarnock

face it

we needed quality signings and we got fucking garbage

Starting without Morelos tells the mentally challengeds, we're going to try and contain you, not go for your throat. At Ibrox that is simply unacceptable. They're not great, and their defence and keeper had the cigars out. Tav, Goldson, Arfield have all gone off boil at same time.

I’m glad we have a break to stake stock and regroup.

Despite doing well to get to the Europa group stages we don’t seem to have clicked yet this season.

It’s especially tough to take when that lot looked like they were there for the taking.

Wrong team selection and tactics today. As a result, we had our worst performance of the season.
The gaffer will learn from this.
That said, it doesn't make excuses for the players who started. They all should have performed a lot better.
Ojo hasn't impressed me much. I would put Jones ahead of him, he makes things happen with his direct running. Stupid red at the end though.
I look forward to Barker getting fit.
I also don't think Goldson is undroppable. He's quite good defensively, but his distribution is poor. That's what lead to their goal today.

He said it was because of Thursday. Would you rather Morelos play 90 and get injured? Its not like we were putting John Daly in instead. But he did get the first half tactics wrong.
What do you mean play morelos &
He said it was because of Thursday. Would you rather Morelos play 90 and get injured? Its not like we were putting John Daly in instead. But he did get the first half tactics wrong.
What do you mean get injured?
Morelos is playing every other game and we're in Sept.
Morelos should start most games.

I'd like to think that individually and collectively that shambles today is as bad as it gets.

The passing was shocking, truly abysmal.

Not one of the outfield players deserve pass marks. The game definitely passed Oribo and Ojo by, mind you the same could be said of the experienced players also.

As for Arfield, it seemed like the only time I heard his name being mentioned in the second half was when he was booked! Again it would be unfair to single these three out.

Not a bad day at the office, disastrous more like.

It was very similar to Gerrards first derby last year in that it was a very passive and anaemic performance. What makes it more disappointing is that we were at home and other than ojo’s near post shot we didn’t trouble them.

They were better organised, better motivated and generally better with and without the ball, Gerrard needs to learn that you cannot treat such games like he treats European ties. It should have been blood and thunder attack from minute one in recognition of their weakened defence, unfortunately we handed them the impetus by starting on the back foot and got well beaten in the end.

As I said in an earlier post we have regressed in this fixture and have completely surrendered the momentum we had fro the last 3 Derby’s including the one at their midden where we outplayed them with 10 men.

Tav and Arfield look very jaded, Ojo and Aribo looked lost and as a team we really struggled to do the simple stuff. The good news is that we have time to fix things and the league is still possible assuming the manager and players learn from this setback.

To be fair, not many people could have foreseen how poor we turned out to be today.

We were taught a lesson all over the park. It was genuinely unbelievable how poor we were. I don’t know why.

%^*& knows what happened out there today, but it shows we are a long way and quality short of winning a title.

Not like Goldson but he had a mare.
He deserves to be dropped.

But the manager just got the team wrong from the start.
It happens.Hopefully he will admit that.
Aribo has disappeared for now.Out of sorts.

Anyway two week break.End of the window.
Hope the players dwell and feel the pain in the two weeks as much as the fans.That hurt should be with them long!
Just way too many didn’t turn up today…which is concerning.

seriousy outplayed and their commitment was so much better than ours, too many passengers just like last season, need to regroup but not clear how we do that given they were so dominant

In hindsight we should’ve started with Morelos at went straight for them from the start. A sore one, but we’ll learn from it. We’ll beat the bastards at Christmas.

I honestly dont think there is much between the sides....mistakes on team selection and to many players off the boil cost us today.
If you can beat them at home you won't best them in their cesspity. There's not much scope for either of us to stop points elsewhere.

That is a poor Tim team and we gave them far far too much respect.

McGregor should have been off for 2 yellows. First for the challenge in middle of park and the 2nd for a dive. Other than that no positives today from Rangers.

B4mAoDB.gif

I don't think either team looked especially good today.

They got the breakthrough due to a mistake, yes, Edouard took it well, but that's what 9m buys them. Their second was always a risk in stoppage time as we chased an equaliser.

Not going to lose the heid. It wasn't the games against them that cost us the league last season, but there does have to be an improvement going forward.

55 express is still well and truly on track. We just met a small delay today.

Today, it hurts, but tomorrow I'll wake up and I'll still be employed, I'll still know who both of my parents are, they won't be related to each other, and I'll still be a Bear.
My sentiments exactly. They are not very good, we just picked a terrible time to have an absolute horror show - but 3 games into the season. Consistency against the rest and we will come out on top

That result is solely down to Gerrard's selection and tactics.
Agree however players were shocking individually. What is Goldson doing. Kamara and Aribo shrunk under pressure. Have to learn from that today and move on and make sure we go to paedo dome and turn up

Back