Pedro set to take over Cruz Azul

Amusing that some are still clinging onto the notion that he was doing a great job and was the next Guardiola. And if only it wasn't for John Beaton we'd be on the verge of something special!
Amusing that some are still clinging onto the notion that he was doing a great job and was the next Guardiola. And if only it wasn't for John Beaton we'd be on the verge of something special!

If you squint your eyes, look from a distance ignore the results, signings, humiliations, wasted money, shite performances, failure to win 3 on the trot, failure to win more than 1 homes game, keep saying last season wasn't his team, adopt a mantra of everything totally is fine then you can sort of vaguely see a football manager....Nah not for me.

Maybe he'll prove us all wrong with this mid table Mexican team though.

If you squint your eyes, look from a distance ignore the results, signings, humiliations, wasted money, shite performances, failure to win 3 on the trot, failure to win more than 1 homes game, keep saying last season wasn't his team, adopt a mantra of everything totally is fine then you can sort of vaguely see a football manager....Nah not for me.

FFS
In better shape?
He spent between 8 and 9 million quid.

He left us in fourth place days after being humiliated at Hampden by Motherwell

Wasted 5m on Cardoso, Pena and Herrera...

Thanks Pedro for being a nice guy.

I don 't understand this "Pedro was shit" nonsense. Officials cheated the club out of 3 points against Hivs, another 2 against Hearts for the disallowed offside goal. Celtic arguably got 2 against PT for the last minute stonewall penalty. Another 2 points lost after the penalty fiasco and another wrongful sending off against Kilmarnock.
We could be 3 points clear at the top, and Pedro is a hero.
This next manager will face the same problem, it's not going away any time soon.

But people could see we slowly disintegrated against Hibs. That Kilmarnock deserved a draw. That we huffed and puffed against Hearts. That Celtic jogged around our stadium (again). That Motherwell bullied us and ultimately beat us comfortably at Hampden. Hampden! People could see these things and knew somehow that they mattered more than the referee being poor.

I don 't understand this "Pedro was shit" nonsense. Officials cheated the club out of 3 points against Hivs, another 2 against Hearts for the disallowed offside goal. Celtic arguably got 2 against PT for the last minute stonewall penalty. Another 2 points lost after the penalty fiasco and another wrongful sending off against Kilmarnock.
This next manager will face the same problem, it's not going away any time soon.
He lost to the tims 5-1 at Ibrox a week after a feeble Old Firm semi final defeat.

He was humiliated over 2 legs by minnows from Luxembourg.

He lost a cup semi final to Motherwell.

He banished Miller,Niko and the captain from the home dressing room.

Players such as Bruno Alves thought he was out his depth.

We had an unhappy dressing room.

He was giving a substantial transfer kitty to spend.

Pena & Herrera are on £40k a week between them.

He was tactically poor.

He was struggling against the likes of Patrick Thistle.

He talked sh!t.

And he failed to win 3 games on the bounce.

But people could see we slowly disintegrated against Hibs. That Kilmarnock deserved a draw. That we huffed and puffed against Hearts. That Celtic jogged around our stadium (again). That Motherwell bullied us and ultimately beat us comfortably at Hampden. Hampden! People could see these things and knew somehow that they mattered more than the referee being poor.
That's without even mentioning losing over two legs to the fourth best team in Luxembourg, getting cuffed 5-1 at home by the mentally challengeds and losing an undefeated home record versus Aberdeen that the club had held for a quarter of a century.

Out of Europe to a bunch of taxi drivers
1 home win in 5 league games
Drew with a Hearts side managed by Jon Daly.
Couldn't beat a Partick Thistle side without a win or 11 men
mentally challengeds took the piss out of us again
Humiliated at Hampden by a Motherwell side that signed 10 players from the lower leagues in England.

That's without even mentioning losing over two legs to the fourth best team in Luxembourg, getting cuffed 5-1 at home by the mentally challengeds and losing an undefeated home record versus Aberdeen that the club had held for a quarter of a century.

I can almost live with this season (Europe notwithstanding) as it's recoverable but the tail end of last season and what Caixinha put us through will take a long time to forget.

If we should thank Pedro for at least one thing, it is that he more than hinted at the ingrained corruption against our club from the SFA and especially referees. I feel sorry for any new Manager we eventually get, as he's going to face the exact same scenario.

I wish the guy well however there is no denying he was an appalling manager.

The back to back Celtic games was enough for me, He sat in the stand and watched Murty flood the midfield and gain a draw against the filth, Roll on weeks later and he goes with 3 in midfield for the semi, We were awful and fortunate to only go down by two, The following week he went with the same tactics which resulted in a 5-1 thrashing.
That for me was enough, he was totally clueless and To be honest he was massively out of his depth.

He lost to the tims 5-1 at Ibrox a week after a feeble Old Firm semi final defeat.

He was humiliated over 2 legs by minnows from Luxembourg.

He lost a cup semi final to Motherwell.

He banished Miller,Niko and the captain from the home dressing room.

Players such as Bruno Alves thought he was out his depth.

We had an unhappy dressing room.

He was giving a substantial transfer kitty to spend.

Pena & Herrera are on £40k a week between them.

He was tactically poor.

He was struggling against the likes of Patrick Thistle.

He talked sh!t.

And he failed to win 3 games on the bounce.
John Beaton certainly gets around.

Caixinha was given the opportunity to manage Rangers and he jumped at it.

From day one he gave his all, he fully understood the club, our history and traditions.

At times he was the only man prepared to stick up for our club. He defended us, our club and players, he spoke about poor decisions and stood up to scum like Sutton and Brown - whilst our players hid on the park.

The way he was treated by the media was nothing short of a complete and utter disgrace. The man has more brains and class in a single toe nail than what every pundit, commentator, journalist has put together.

He took no shit, he was passionate and tried his damn hardest to be a success. Sadly that wasn’t to be, so he moves on with my best wishes and I hope he makes a successful career in management.

Make sure you come in for Herrera and Pena.

We all move on.

That’s all good. But he couldn’t win three games in a row, with the players he inherited and the players he bought

The one thing about Pedro which no-one can deny, he did get us scoring more goals, it just didn't work out for him.

Are we sure losing the Aberdeen record wasn’t more down to McInnes being Mourinho Mk II than Pedro’s inabilitity to manage the side?

He left us in fourth place days after being humiliated at Hampden by Motherwell

Wasted 5m on Cardoso, Pena and Herrera...

Thanks Pedro for being a nice guy.

Certainly wouldnt say Cardoso is wasted Money.. He might prove to be wasted money but he has shown signs that he can turn out to be a good player.

Pena is a huge waste of money in my opinion & Herrera has hardly had a chance to prove himself but personally I think they 2 will be away back to Mexico shortly.

I would hope that we will be getting some money back off the back of this like the Crystal Palace/Sam Alardyce severance deal?

Or am I expecting too much of our Board on this?

He was sacked...why would there be any compensation due?

I would hope that we will be getting some money back off the back of this like the Crystal Palace/Sam Alardyce severance deal?

Or am I expecting too much of our Board on this?

Sam got a massive payoff from Palace.
Whoever employs him before the end of his paid up contract, has to return the money for the remaining time of said contract.

I'd hope we've not paid off Pedro in full just yet and therefor have no need to demand this cash back.

Sam got a massive payoff from Palace.
Whoever employs him before the end of his paid up contract, has to return the money for the remaining time of said contract.

I'd hope we've not paid off Pedro in full just yet and therefor have no need to demand this cash back.

Yes and that's my point that other posters don't seem to get. Assuming we have paid him off surely it would make sense to have a clause where we recoup some if they are recruited elsehwhere within the term of the contract? Sacked or not.

Ok lets accept that he isn't a bad manager and he is just an unlucky manager. Do you want an unlucky manager managing Rangers?

It's no surprise when some were trying to convince us that Pedro was deliberately experimenting at the end of last season, seeing what players could do as we were humiliated twice by Celtic. All part of a plan, apparently.

He was clearly out of his depth at Rangers. People claimed he 'gets it', I'm not sure where that comes from as he seemed to be flailing from the minute he walked through the door. Maybe he'll do better in Mexico where it's a completely different football culture but he simply didn't fit as Rangers manager.

The Progres humiliation was unforgivable. The 4th best team from a country with a population of 500,000 and no football heritage to speak of. He was never coming back from that.

Nice guy and all that but I'm glad to see the back of him.

No point in going over how good or not Pedro is. He’s gone.
What I do think is that he has a fantastic agent.
Gets 10k pw for 7 months. Then gets a £500 k pay off and three weeks later a new job !!!

He was clearly out of his depth at Rangers. People claimed he 'gets it', I'm not sure where that comes from as he seemed to be flailing from the minute he walked through the door. Maybe he'll do better in Mexico where it's a completely different football culture but he simply didn't fit as Rangers manager.

The Progres humiliation was unforgivable. The 4th best team from a country with a population of 500,000 and no football heritage to speak of. He was never coming back from that.

Nice guy and all that but I'm glad to see the back of him.

agreed, progres was one of the lowest moments for me as a rangers fan. went from the excitement of playing back in europe to the worst result in club history in one week.

Has anyone seen how the managers in LIGA MX dress, btw? It's proper mental - these are actual managers in the league

liga-mx-where-managers-know-fashion-better-than-anything.jpg

I had a Cruz Azul top years ago that I bought in Mexico. It was an absolute belter. It was reversible, white on one side and royal blue on the other.

It's no surprise when some were trying to convince us that Pedro was deliberately experimenting at the end of last season, seeing what players could do as we were humiliated twice by Celtic. All part of a plan, apparently.

Unfortunately it was a "Cunning Plan" baldrick style.

Back