Pedro set to take over Cruz Azul

If he really rates Pena and Herrera highly enough to spend 4m on them then surely he'd be willing to do it again. If he doesn't I think it shows you the level of player he signed for us for half our transfer fees paid out.
Maybe they're not suited to Scottish football, but either way I hope to hell we get at least 3m back for them which would allow us to get 1 or 2 decent signings

Surely in a football mad country like Mexico, the pressure in the job would be just as great?
I don’t think pressure was a problem here for him, it was the constant undermining by the media on our Club and he was the easy target for them as he talked from the heart.
The next manager will get the same even if it’s one of their pals as they will turn on him due to the hatred they have for King for having the balls to ban them.

Would agree with that.

The fact things never quite worked out for him here certainly wasn't down to his lack of commitment to the job.

I wish him the very best in the future.
Him being a chronically poor football manager was the main reason

That and obviously John Beaton

All the very best to him., I wish him nothing but success.
I am a firm believer that he was never given enough time and not allowed to build and put in place what he wanted to do.

10 league games with his new team. Nowhere near enough time to properly judge things.

he proved he couldnt manage with other people's players. hence the absolute scudding we took last season, then he came in and got his players and still couldnt perform.

Im guess you're ignoring his european debacle as well as you havent brought that up in your stats.

The 3rd biggest team in Mexico.Wow.

Hopefully he comes back for Pena and Eddie Herrera.

Aye! Managing in the top league in Mexico really is scraping the bottom of the barrel isn't it.
Oh! he'll be pining for the magnificence of the Super seal stadium.

If he gets the job, I for one hope he makes a success of it and moves on to a much higher level akin to the SPFL.

Perhaps the Finnish Veikkausliiga.

Good luck to them! Hopefully he raids his old club.
This but does any one else think maybe this is what we have been waiting on as a club as Pedro and his team taking up employment within a month may well have an impact on the amount of compensation due to them

10 league games with his new team. Nowhere near enough time to properly judge things.

I would agree, but signing Pena should have been in itself a sacking offence.. The minute we were linked the stories came out from Mexico of this guy who had lost his way and liked eating the wrong things, drinking and partying.. Fastest we see the guy run is when he is being subbed. We can't afford risks like Pena is was a massive gamble that has backfired.

I have also never witnessed a Manager who tells his team to defend corners without leaving a man up. Allowing teams to recycle the ball when cleared and eradicating our chances of a counter attack. As I said nice guy but some odd views on how he wants the game played.. Players being given more freedom by Murty are producing.

I would hope that we will be getting some money back off the back of this like the Crystal Palace/Sam Alardyce severance deal?

Or am I expecting too much of our Board on this?
Why would we be compensated when we sacked him?
Allardyce quit and was not sacked

2 wrong referee calls from being top of the league. So no more shit than any of the rest.

Sometimes we have to be careful what w wish for.

The fans know what they watch and can't be fooled. They know we were not just short of topping the league or reaching the Europa League or any other fantasy. We were shit and it was obvious watching us that we were shit.

He'll certainly be operating at a higher level of football though. Some people obviously think he does somerging right.

Cruz Azul are not to be sniffed at.
Cruz Azul don’t even deserve to be in the same sentence as Rangers, good luck to him but couldn’t cut it in this “wee backwater” as you put it, which is a strange way to describe your country

He'll certainly be operating at a higher level of football though. Some people obviously think he does somerging right.

Cruz Azul are not to be sniffed at.

If you have any aspirations as a manager or player, you're operating in Europe. That's a fact.

Would agree with that.

The fact things never quite worked out for him here certainly wasn't down to his lack of commitment to the job.

I wish him the very best in the future.
Agreed - hard working, committed - can't take that away from him. And he has actually brought us in some decent players. He just didn't have enough time to see it through. I certainly wish him all the best in whatever he does.

Amusing that some are still clinging onto the notion that he was doing a great job and was the next Guardiola. And if only it wasn't for John Beaton we'd be on the verge of something special!

If you squint your eyes, look from a distance ignore the results, signings, humiliations, wasted money, shite performances, failure to win 3 on the trot, failure to win more than 1 home game (!!), keep saying last season wasn't his team, adopt a mantra of everything totally is fine then you can sort of vaguely see a football manager....Nah not for me.

Maybe he'll prove us all wrong with this mid table Mexican team though.

Last edited:
Aye! Managing in the top league in Mexico really is scraping the bottom of the barrel isn't it.
Oh! he'll be pining for the magnificence of the Super seal stadium.

If he gets the job, I for one hope he makes a success of it and moves on to a much higher level akin to the SPFL.

Perhaps the Finnish Veikkausliiga.
Europe is where is at and it's where any player or manager worth their salt wants to be.

There is a reason Pedro kicks about footballing back waters like the Middle East & Mexico and it's because he's not very good.

he proved he couldnt manage with other people's players. hence the absolute scudding we took last season, then he came in and got his players and still couldnt perform.

Im guess you're ignoring his european debacle as well as you havent brought that up in your stats.
Eurpoean thing was a disaster and a bit of a freak. I get that.

But he's left us not far behind the mentally challengeds and with some very decent players. 10 league games is nothing.

As opposed to the mighty SPL? The one that has companies from all over the globe clamouring NOT to sponsor? The one who's teams are at the pinnacle of European football? The country that hasn't qualified for a tournament this century?
The mighty SPFL Pedro was struggling in..

Europe/Hamilton/Motherwell/Dunde and recently Annan.

Europe.

Where it’s at.....
Old Firm,Europa League,Champions League,finance,exposure,pathway to the EPL.

If suddenly all the elite players and managers start running off to Central America or the Middle East I'll take it back...:D

Europe is where is at and it's where any player or manager worth their salt wants to be.

There is a reason Pedro kicks about footballing back waters like the Middle East & Mexico and it's because he's not very good.
Mexico isn’t a footballing backwater.
That you think it is, is just down to your own ignorance.

Your statement “He’s found his level” is downright absurd.

Cruz Azul don’t even deserve to be in the same sentence as Rangers, good luck to him but couldn’t cut it in this “wee backwater” as you put it, which is a strange way to describe your country
Scotland is a footballing backwater - and even more so compared to Mexico with a population of 130 million and bigger stadiums, bigger crowds, bigger tv audiences and a far bigger profile. There is no comparison. Scottish football is way, way behind Mexican football - in every single aspect.

Scotland is a footballing backwater - and even more so compared to Mexico with a population of 130 million and bigger stadiums, bigger crowds, bigger tv audiences and a far bigger profile. There is no comparison.
The same could be said of the USA and MLS.Maybe the day it stops becoming a retirement home for the top players I'll change my mind.

I don't get all the niceties towards him? He's set us back massively which is partly his fault and the board. If warburton has a negative reputation then so should Pedro.

Absolute dud, an embrasment and a total rocket. Wanted him to succed naturally but it never felt right.

That league can't be very good if he can win it. If Pena is so good then he'll buy him from us.

I'll never understand why the board hired him, an utterly embarrassing chapter in our clubs history. We've got record defeats and our long standing record v Aberdeen broken under his leadership. His 1-7-2 formation v Motherwell summed him up.

Be careful what you wish for, if he does get the gig and wants players from his old clubs, Morelos might just be top of that list....

This all day long.

Managing Rangers, managing at a big club in Europe, was Caixinha's big break and he screwed it up. He's back in Mexico because he can't get another gig in Europe not because his career is about to take off.

Back