Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Here is what I would do if I was Celtic. Let’s say there are 200 victims. Apologize and offer to settle for 250k each. This would cost them 50 mil. They probaly could get a loan to cover what cash they don’t have on hand. But their arrogance and pride will not let them do that.

That argument will not hold water against the victims, families, and friends. When this goes to trial it will be people from their own community they will see bearing witness to the crimes of Celtic. If being obsessed means you are willing to fight for victims then guilty as charged.

When I was in 8th grade I was molested by a female teacher. I was able to fight her off for the most part. For 15 years I told no one. I only felt with it when it was causing issues in my marriage and other ptsd issues from my military services.

Lots of people will have experienced something similar to this. An adult taking advantage of a child in their care is the most evil thing I can think of. Any decent human would want the people who commit or enable this crime drawn and quartered.

you are a good man. hope she got what she deserved or if not I hope she does one day.

I would like to suggest that one day when all this has come to its denouement that we do not sing songs, laugh or cheer. If the "separate entity" are kicked out the league or punished the way they really should be. We do not revel. We have a minute silence for Andrew Gray and a minutes applause for all the victims that have finally had their day in court. This is their victory and the belated victory of justice.

I would like to suggest that one day when all this has come to its denouement that we do not sing songs, laugh or cheer. If the "separate entity" are kicked out the league or punished the way they really should be. We do not revel. We have a minute silence for Andrew Gray and a minutes applause for all the victims that have finally had their day in court. This is their victory and the belated victory of justice.
We’re no way near done yet.

fired this off to michael grant tonight,see if we can provoke a reactions....similar to others sent but mixed up a bit.

Dear Michael,

Following your recent article in which you express your opinion on Glasgow Celtic FCs sexual abuse scandal and how it has been conducting its business into the compensation of its victims of the past 40 years or so, which to date has been non existent truth be told,after all,it is only now,we are seeing some progress made on the compensation for victims now,with around 20 test cases coming to court out of the 100 plus cases currently waiting.
Having read recent articles from some so called journalists regarding the outrageous,historic sex abuse that went on within Glasgow celtic fc for the past 40 -50 years , I note that you are again,trying to follow this pattern of trying to pervert the course of true journalism,by deflecting attention away from the crime scene,that is celtic park and the secrets and cover ups that have gone on there over the past decades,by portraying it as point scoring and attempts to see your team trashed,which is absolutely not the case here,so I need to ask, is this your own choosing ,due to the club you support?,or is at the request of a recently employed pr company called hollicom? ,or indeed,is it perhaps on the instruction of a certain chairman associated with a well known east end of Glasgow football club ,known and proven for its enabling,facilitation and harbouring of paedophiles within its employ with the club and its associated clubs?....which is it?,bacause there has been cover up after cover up ,going on within that club for the past 40 plus years and nobody at that club can be trusted to tell the truth.
There is no need to even attempt to smear other clubs with the same paedophile brush as celtic fc,the other clubs have nothing to hide,unlike celtic fc,who have hidden the truth for 40 plus years and perverted the course of justice in that time.
Amazingly,I find that neither you or your journalist fraternity have taken this issue by the horns over the years and did some proper,investigative journalism by questioning the perpretators of this historic sexual abuse,the harbourers,the facilitators,the enabalers ,as to why they permitted this abuse to go unreported at their club for so long,without it being reported to the police?,why they then set about covering it up by way of a web of deceit and lies and NDA’s?
Also,i’d asky you,why you and your other journalists have failed to demand for a full and independent public inquiry into this historic sexual abuse,or even questioned government officials,as to why they have ignored the abuse scandal and failed to acknowledge the victims and set out a course of justice for them.

I raise the following questions for you to investigate and I welcome your response to them,once you uncover any evidence of wrong doing,which I am most certainly sure you will,if you set about it correctly
1.why you have tried to tar Glasgow rangers with the same brush as celtic and its historic sexual abuse?
2.why have you not investigated the historic child sex abuse at celtic fc in more depth and published the truth?
3.why haven’t you investigated the cover ups and NDA’s which were allegedly signed to buy silence?
4.why did celtic not report it to the police?
5.why did celtic pervert the course of justice by failing to report a crime against minors?.
6. is there a connection between the uks worst paedophile jimmy Saville and celtic? ( openly photographed at celtic park with father o connell and jock stein ...yet Saville was never photographed at any other Scottish ground).
7. why did celtic fc make four payments of £250,000 to convicted paedophile jim torbetts trophy centre company over a period of 12 months?...was it to buy his silence?.
8. why did kevin Kelly deny having any business links to torbetts trophy centre company and others,when he is listed as co -owner of at least 3 companies with torbett?.
9.have you questioned or pursued kevin Kelly,jack mc ginn or peter lawwell for their statements on what really went on within that club and why they employed paedophiles and then re-employed them?
10 is there more to this historic child sexual abuse than we know?,is it covering up something more sinister ?,something reaching far higher in society than just celtic fc?.
11.have you questioned the sfa on their role and knowledge of this historic sexual abuse,given that celtic fcs board members have been members of the sfas board?
12. have you questioned the sfa/spfl on what sanctions/punishment they plan to dish out on celtic fc for their crimes against humanity and bring the country and football into grave dis-repute? ( this also applies to UEFA and fifa ).
13. have you questioned Gerry mc sherry,who handed a list of 14 paedophiles allegedly working within celtic fc ( 7 of whom have been convicted) or indeed police Scotland,as to what they did with the list and what actions they have taken.
14.why has the majority of mainstream journalists like yourself and football show pundits such as hugh keevins,roger Hannah ,mark guidi (who i'm led to believe is related to one of the convicted paedophiles),michael stewart,willie miller,tom english,pat bonner to name but a few,refused to discuss this matter on open football phone ins,yet set out to destroy rivals Glasgow rangers over ebts (legal at the time)?...WHY?
15.HAVE YOU DEMANDED OR BACKED DEMANDS FOR A FULL PUBLIC AND INDEPENDENT INQUIRY INTO THIS CLUBS HISTORIC SEXUAL ABUSE? AND IF NOT...WHY NOT?
16. have you asked peter lawwell ,what the result of his secret internal 2 year inquiry into the clubs paedophilia was and if it will be made public instead of being hushed up?
17. have you asked why peter lawwell and celtic broke stock market rules by failing to inform the London stock exchange of this internal investigation into paedophilia within the club?.
18> have you asked peter lawwell ,why he failed to tell the truth to company auditors,by not revealing the internal investigation ,thus rendering two years worth of accounts as being untrue?.
19. have you asked peter lawwell ,why he failed to inform investors both current and potential of his 2 year secret investigation,which would have undoubtably had an impact on share prices and investment at the club?
20 .have you asked the sfa/spfl why this club has not been taken to task and had its operating licences suspended pending investigation,or at worst ,thrown out of football altogether for the sexual abuse,after all ebts were legal and rivals Glasgow rangers were practically destroyed at the behest of peter lawwell and his cohorts within Scottish football,this is sexual abuse,where the perpetrators should be jailed and placed on the sex offenders list......you can decide which moral high ground you take and who you choose to defend.
I,as a member of the public,am DEMANDING that you investigate the points raised and report in your paper ,your findings truthfully and without prejudice.This club has committed the worst sporting sexual abuse scandal ever in the history of sport,even worse than penn state in America,where celtic fc may find themselves in litigation over sexual crimes committed by frank cairney in Kearny on boys club business (which was covered up).
So ,I would urge you to do your investigative journalism and report the truth....for once.

I await your response to the points raised.

Here is what I would do if I was Celtic. Let’s say there are 200 victims. Apologize and offer to settle for 250k each. This would cost them 50 mil. They probaly could get a loan to cover what cash they don’t have on hand. But their arrogance and pride will not let them do that.

Problem for them is they dont have that amount of cash even if they wanted to do it.

They dont own their own stadium Wullie Haughey does. It is fücked and somebody needs to dig very deep to build a new one. Just how that will happen is anyones guess,

They are walking on top of a financial meringue.

fired this off to michael grant tonight,see if we can provoke a reactions....similar to others sent but mixed up a bit.

Dear Michael,

Following your recent article in which you express your opinion on Glasgow Celtic FCs sexual abuse scandal and how it has been conducting its business into the compensation of its victims of the past 40 years or so, which to date has been non existent truth be told,after all,it is only now,we are seeing some progress made on the compensation for victims now,with around 20 test cases coming to court out of the 100 plus cases currently waiting.
Having read recent articles from some so called journalists regarding the outrageous,historic sex abuse that went on within Glasgow celtic fc for the past 40 -50 years , I note that you are again,trying to follow this pattern of trying to pervert the course of true journalism,by deflecting attention away from the crime scene,that is celtic park and the secrets and cover ups that have gone on there over the past decades,by portraying it as point scoring and attempts to see your team trashed,which is absolutely not the case here,so I need to ask, is this your own choosing ,due to the club you support?,or is at the request of a recently employed pr company called hollicom? ,or indeed,is it perhaps on the instruction of a certain chairman associated with a well known east end of Glasgow football club ,known and proven for its enabling,facilitation and harbouring of paedophiles within its employ with the club and its associated clubs?....which is it?,bacause there has been cover up after cover up ,going on within that club for the past 40 plus years and nobody at that club can be trusted to tell the truth.
There is no need to even attempt to smear other clubs with the same paedophile brush as celtic fc,the other clubs have nothing to hide,unlike celtic fc,who have hidden the truth for 40 plus years and perverted the course of justice in that time.
Amazingly,I find that neither you or your journalist fraternity have taken this issue by the horns over the years and did some proper,investigative journalism by questioning the perpretators of this historic sexual abuse,the harbourers,the facilitators,the enabalers ,as to why they permitted this abuse to go unreported at their club for so long,without it being reported to the police?,why they then set about covering it up by way of a web of deceit and lies and NDA’s?
Also,i’d asky you,why you and your other journalists have failed to demand for a full and independent public inquiry into this historic sexual abuse,or even questioned government officials,as to why they have ignored the abuse scandal and failed to acknowledge the victims and set out a course of justice for them.

I raise the following questions for you to investigate and I welcome your response to them,once you uncover any evidence of wrong doing,which I am most certainly sure you will,if you set about it correctly
1.why you have tried to tar Glasgow rangers with the same brush as celtic and its historic sexual abuse?
2.why have you not investigated the historic child sex abuse at celtic fc in more depth and published the truth?
3.why haven’t you investigated the cover ups and NDA’s which were allegedly signed to buy silence?
5.why did celtic pervert the course of justice by failing to report a crime against minors?.
6. is there a connection between the uks worst paedophile jimmy Saville and celtic? ( openly photographed at celtic park with father o connell and jock stein ...yet Saville was never photographed at any other Scottish ground).
7. why did celtic fc make four payments of £250,000 to convicted paedophile jim torbetts trophy centre company over a period of 12 months?...was it to buy his silence?.
8. why did kevin Kelly deny having any business links to torbetts trophy centre company and others,when he is listed as co -owner of at least 3 companies with torbett?.
9.have you questioned or pursued kevin Kelly,jack mc ginn or peter lawwell for their statements on what really went on within that club and why they employed paedophiles and then re-employed them?
10 is there more to this historic child sexual abuse than we know?,is it covering up something more sinister ?,something reaching far higher in society than just celtic fc?.
11.have you questioned the sfa on their role and knowledge of this historic sexual abuse,given that celtic fcs board members have been members of the sfas board?
12. have you questioned the sfa/spfl on what sanctions/punishment they plan to dish out on celtic fc for their crimes against humanity and bring the country and football into grave dis-repute? ( this also applies to UEFA and fifa ).
13. have you questioned Gerry mc sherry,who handed a list of 14 paedophiles allegedly working within celtic fc ( 7 of whom have been convicted) or indeed police Scotland,as to what they did with the list and what actions they have taken.
14.why has the majority of mainstream journalists like yourself and football show pundits such as hugh keevins,roger Hannah ,mark guidi (who i'm led to believe is related to one of the convicted paedophiles),michael stewart,willie miller,tom english,pat bonner to name but a few,refused to discuss this matter on open football phone ins,yet set out to destroy rivals Glasgow rangers over ebts (legal at the time)?...WHY?
15.HAVE YOU DEMANDED OR BACKED DEMANDS FOR A FULL PUBLIC AND INDEPENDENT INQUIRY INTO THIS CLUBS HISTORIC SEXUAL ABUSE? AND IF NOT...WHY NOT?
16. have you asked peter lawwell ,what the result of his secret internal 2 year inquiry into the clubs paedophilia was and if it will be made public instead of being hushed up?
17. have you asked why peter lawwell and celtic broke stock market rules by failing to inform the London stock exchange of this internal investigation into paedophilia within the club?.
18> have you asked peter lawwell ,why he failed to tell the truth to company auditors,by not revealing the internal investigation ,thus rendering two years worth of accounts as being untrue?.
19. have you asked peter lawwell ,why he failed to inform investors both current and potential of his 2 year secret investigation,which would have undoubtably had an impact on share prices and investment at the club?
20 .have you asked the sfa/spfl why this club has not been taken to task and had its operating licences suspended pending investigation,or at worst ,thrown out of football altogether for the sexual abuse,after all ebts were legal and rivals Glasgow rangers were practically destroyed at the behest of peter lawwell and his cohorts within Scottish football,this is sexual abuse,where the perpetrators should be jailed and placed on the sex offenders list......you can decide which moral high ground you take and who you choose to defend.
I,as a member of the public,am DEMANDING that you investigate the points raised and report in your paper ,your findings truthfully and without prejudice.This club has committed the worst sporting sexual abuse scandal ever in the history of sport,even worse than penn state in America,where celtic fc may find themselves in litigation over sexual crimes committed by frank cairney in Kearny on boys club business (which was covered up).
So ,I would urge you to do your investigative journalism and report the truth....for once.

Mick will now be 'on the sick' Tommy.

His heid be fried. :cool:

They've erected a statue to these men that knew and did nothing. Shameful.
John McCluskey's testimony was the pivotal moment in the Torbett case, and he testified of Stein's knowledge

1. 'As soon as Jock heard he went and threw him out the club'....Sean Fallon.
  2. 'It was an open secret within the club'... Billy McNeill.
  3. 'But I tell you who did know — The Kelly family who ran Celtic at the time.' .... Alan Brazil

Link for above image is here... remove inverted commas.

' '

That argument will not hold water against the victims, families, and friends. When this goes to trial it will be people from their own community they will see bearing witness to the crimes of Celtic. If being obsessed means you are willing to fight for victims then guilty as charged.

When I was in 8th grade I was molested by a female teacher. I was able to fight her off for the most part. For 15 years I told no one. I only felt with it when it was causing issues in my marriage and other ptsd issues from my military services.

Lots of people will have experienced something similar to this. An adult taking advantage of a child in their care is the most evil thing I can think of. Any decent human would want the people who commit or enable this crime drawn and quartered.
Being sexually abused by a female is hard to live with and talk about mate .

I was inapropritely touched. I can’t imagine a boy that same age getting annually raped. The physical pain, shock, humiliation.

It is kind of like my combat experience fairy limited but enough to appricate what the guys who caught deep shit go through.

Stay strong Broheem. You have my utmost respect for being so open. I salute you sir.

I meant in reference to their continuing - and increasing - use of "whataboutery" within social media in a concerted effort to try to drag other clubs into it, in the forlorn hope it will somehow diminish the guilt that can be apportioned to them.

Thanks mate.

That article by Michael Grant is symptomatic of the real malaise. Finally, it's being acknowledged that abuse took place and the victims must get justice. But that justice seems to have limits. It is recognised that employees of Celtic and its affiliates were responsible. But the next step is a very difficult one for that club's apologists to make. And that is the responsibility that lies with the club itself, and not just individuals.

I recently left a place of work where fans of that club outnumber everyone else. I had to avoid social events because the conversation always got round to comments about dodgy priests, comments that indicated these people thought deviance among priests was something to laugh about. It dawned on me that they accept that as part of the organisation, but in doing so they show that they don't actually think there's that much wrong with it. It's a wee joke, and you just make a comment about father so and so being one to watch and then get on with it.

One of them actually refuses to listen to Michael Jackson because of his behaviour, and talks about how difficult it is to separate the music from the man. Yet he rarely misses their matches, and appears to make no connection between the team he watches and the club's continuing attempts to cover up the cover up.

They do seem to suffer from a selective blindness, but I can't help drawing the conclusion that the abuse we're all so sickened by doesn't have the same effect on them because they have convinced themselves, or have been convinced by others, that it really isn't that bad.

I'm shaking as I type this. And I find that in conversation I'm so angry that I stumble over the words if I try to challenge them. I commend those of you on here who manage that so much better than I.

Sums them up well. Great post.

They can say what they friggin like.

We sat for years & listened to their SHITE because of a tax avoidance policy that went wrong when the law changed.

This is about one of the WORST CRIMES POSSIBLE IN LIFE, and they try to fight it.

Truly immoral & repugnant people. From top to bottom.

You're right again mate. They're not right in the head...seriously.

One is like being late with a book at your local library and the other in burning down The Mitchell Library. I wonder which team they'll support when they get closed down. Spoon burners? They seem to have a few things in common.

Dear Michael,

Very well worded Tommy. The last paragraph is very important and very true. Authorities in the States are taking notice and have been informed with actual facts.

It makes my head spin reading all this and then trying to speak or write about it. More power to you.

The more you learn, the more you get involved, the more it emotionally takes over your every thought. It really does get to you.

It's a vile subject, but some people have morals and feel as though they have to act to help in whatever way they can to get justice for the victims and their families. Others? They're as vile as the club they protect and many of them WILL be accountable at the end of all of this (if it ever ends).

Has Macari done a interview with the documentary people or was this something he stated in the past, I never heard this statement before.

How the fcuk can they still claim this...
Celtic FC were contacted for comment yesterday. They previously expressed “deep regret” for the victims but described the boys’ club as an “entirely separate organisation”

The SFA have already stated that they are not a separate entity am I correct in thinking that they are going to challenge this in court...I sincerely hope and all the cover up is exposed...

It’s actually been many weeks since the scum have made any comments in response to papers, MSP’s etc. and I feel that is significant in that they really do know what’s coming and are deeply scared. As in deed they should be.

Last edited:
Just out of interest on a scale of 1 to 10 what chance do people on here think that celtic are going to hammered hard via sanctions and compensation. We can all see it and know what should happen but the governing bodies and people involved in the cover up really fill me with fear on this.
They have already offered one victim a 6 figure sum as long as they sign an NDA. They were told to f#ck off don't take my word for this it's public knowledge unless you work in the MSM in Scotland

Dear Michael,

His response should be interesting but I’m not holding my breath.
Brilliant synopsis of events BTW

His response should be interesting but I’m not holding my breath.
Brilliant synopsis of events BTW

Rangers could really do with using Tommy for PR activities. He goes after these numpties like a pitbull and that is something we are missing badly. The SMSM would be less inclined to carry on with their jaundiced agenda if we had someone like Tommy defending us.

Very interesting! If I'm reading that right Walker took offence to a dirty child abuser getting the bullet? Nice email to Sky pending. Equally though where/when did Macari throw him under the bus? Lou has obviously disagreed about Andy Wankers view and would have some morals beneficial to those that need assistance most. i e the abused and their families

Sky fired Andy Gray from commentating for making a sexist remark about a female linesman (using older terminology here).

And yet they still employ a man to commentate who has no negative comment about a convicted paedophile and actually sided with him

They won't do that.

Sponsors pulling out, reputational damage on a worldwide scale, the name of Celtic FC and their shirt forever associated with the irremoveable stigma of paedophilia. That's what's coming their way.

They can see where this is going, and that's why they refuse to accept responsibility

The good news is that from where I'm sitting, there is absolutely no way out of the shitstorm about to engulf them.

Last edited:
Back