Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Many of their followers speak of faith, how important it is to them .Well if their is such a thing as a decent Celtic fan, are they aware of compassion? compassion for the victims,
Spokesman for the club mentioned regret, no apology no remorse, just contempt. To the hoards that attend and say nothing, you are condoning the clubs non action.

Many of their followers speak of faith, how important it is to them.

Their faith goes out the window when it comes to defending the good name of Celtic.

Tommy Burns was a devout Roman Catholic, and by all accounts a very decent human being. Having met him in person I can tell you he was an absolute gentleman.

But the local boy that went on to live the dream by playing for and then becoming manager of the club he adored was an out and out hypocrite. Some would say an enabler. . .

" He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

Wonder how the victims felt when they read that back then? :(

Last edited:
But the local boy that went on to live the dream by playing for and then becoming manager of the club he adored was an out and out hypocrite. Some would say an enabler. . .

" He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

Wonder how the victims felt when they read that back then?

Not staunch I know, but I was someone who was genuinely upset when Burns died, and moved by the reaction of Rangers men like Smith and McCoist.

I don’t know the history and as much as I’ve read on this thread can someone tell me, did Burn know what had went on? Or was he just defending a friend ( who turned out to be a monster)? Maybe he just couldn’t believe someone he knew could do this, maybe there was evidence he couldn’t and shouldn’t have ignored but just wanted to ask.

It took a documentary to get many of the clubs talking.

If we want progress we need to get other fans on board as pressure from every other club is vital.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face etc. It needs to be an avalanche, not a snowball.
So that’s why we reached further afield to clubs in England and abroad. You obviously never read earlier on in the thread. Some behind the scenes have contacted Scottish clubs. Others further afield like I said. Cutting my nose off to spite my face??

Last edited:
Burns epitomised every thing Tim , I disagree with some of the comment on here
I met him once at a football do ,and he was far from pleasant ,as soon as he realised I was a Rangers fan he was derogatory to say the least , to me and our club so much so I hated the sight of him especially in the Dublin deckchair .I always thought from that meeting there was something false about him ,now we have the proof .I know it's not kind to speak kindly of the deceased ,but he is an exception

I met him once at a football do ,and he was far from pleasant ,as soon as he realised I was a Rangers fan he was derogatory to say the least , to me and our club so much so I hated the sight of him especially in the Dublin deckchair .I always thought from that meeting there was something false about him ,now we have the proof .I know it's not kind to speak kindly of the deceased ,but he is an exception
I never had the misfortune of meeting him but after the defence of Cairney I always felt there was something underlying with Burns.

Burns infamously defended the vermin who attacked the home of the linesman who flagged the Cadette goal offside at Ibrox and the grown men who verbally abused his little kids in the street.

London Stock Exchange contacted ,will await reply

Contact us

Thank you for contacting the London Stock Exchange.

Couldn't find your answer in our FAQ section?

First name *

Last name *

Username

E-mail *

Company

URL

Not staunch I know, but I was someone who was genuinely upset when Burns died, and moved by the reaction of Rangers men like Smith and McCoist.

I don’t know the history and as much as I’ve read on this thread can someone tell me, did Burn know what had went on? Or was he just defending a friend ( who turned out to be a monster)? Maybe he just couldn’t believe someone he knew could do this, maybe there was evidence he couldn’t and shouldn’t have ignored but just wanted to ask.
Unless you knew him personally I don't understand why some Rangers fans were so upset with him and Billy Mcneil passing. People die of these diseases everyday. Fair do's paying your respects to an opposition player but anything more I find weird

I think questions need to be asked about who organised this child protection seminar and why it was arranged at Celtic Park. Is this an insidious way of rehabiliting their image? Did no one think it crass?

No one thought that they'd be questioned. The content of said seminar is completely irrelevant so long as the money goes from GCC, who no doubt hosted it, into CFC coffers.

Area Commander - Greater Glasgow Police
Chief Inspector Patrick Murphy is the Area Commander for Glasgow East.

Maybe this gentleman needs a few emails to ask why he sees it fit to hold the summit at this venue?

At best it is crass and a smack in the face to victims and their families. I'm tempted to think its some insidious attempt at manipulating public perception of Celtic Park.

You couldn't make this shit up, it's like an episode of Drop the Dead Donkey.

If this is from their genuine account, someone should be locked up for this, Police or not. I'm absolutely raging at this. This goes beyond any normal persons comprehension. It's stomach churningly vile.

The home of the biggest paedophile ring - IN THE WORLD, where numerous abuse was taking place and Police Scotland don't find this insensitive at the very least, or have any qualms about filling the coffers of the paedo harbourers either. This is incredible. I'm physically drained reading that sh!t.

I'm raging, drained and disgusted. Just imagine for a second how the multitude of victims and their families feel reading that. What's wrong with people? Really?

I fecking hate, hate, hate this country now. That's simply appalling.

So that’s why we reached further afield to clubs in England and abroad. You obviously never read earlier on in the thread. Some behind the scenes have contacted Scottish clubs. Others further afield like I said. Cutting my nose off to spite my face??
I’ve been in this thread since post #1 mate, I’m not talking about other clubs. Everton fans aren’t going to be calling celtic fans pedos.

Yes cutting your nose off to spite your face

“Im not contacting scottish fans because they dont like us”

Pretty much. We need pressure on ALL fronts. Thats how we got done. Its the only way.

If this is from their genuine account, someone should be locked up for this, Police or not. I'm absolutely raging at this. This goes beyond any normal persons comprehension. It's stomach churningly vile.

The home of the biggest paedophile ring - IN THE WORLD, where numerous abuse was taking place and Police Scotland don't find this insensitive at the very least, or have any qualms about filling the coffers of the paedo harbourers either. This is incredible. I'm physically drained reading that sh!t.

I'm raging, drained and disgusted. Just imagine for a second how the multitude of victims and their families feel reading that. What's wrong with people? Really?

I fecking hate, hate, hate this country now. That's simply appalling.

I think its a genuine account. It states official twitter feed and has a verified blue tick. Andrew Gray's mum retweeted so I assume so.

Last edited:
Reply from london stock exchange / FCA office.

Dear Tommy

Thank you for reporting your concerns and corresponding with my colleague Simon.

The information you kindly provided has been logged and referred to the relevant teams for their review. We appreciate members of the public raising their concerns with us, because this can be a valuable source of intelligence.

Just to set expectations, when you provide us this information, we wouldn't be able to provide you with an update to what we do with the information you've provided us due to the restrictions on the information we can share.

Our remit

Section 348 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) places certain legal restrictions on what information we can disclose, and a public body like the FCA has to treat some information as confidential. The reason behind this and our policy of not providing feedback is that having a clear confidentiality restriction encourages the free-flow of information, which is at the centre of how we regulate. If there was uncertainty about information becoming public, our sources could be less willing to give it to us. Similarly, we don’t usually make public the fact that we are investigating (or have investigated) a particular firm or individual. This is partly to protect the effectiveness of our investigation, as publicity might encourage people to destroy or hide evidence, and partly because announcing an FCA investigation can damage reputations.

We understand that not revealing what action we may have taken can be frustrating. But we do carefully consider the information you give us and we value it. Even if the information has not resulted in us taking formal action against a firm, it often helps us in future dealings – building up a picture of a firm or individual’s conduct or informing how we develop policy.

I'd like to thank you again for the information you've shared with us. If we require any further information, we'll be in contact with you directly.

Yours sincerely,

Mukhtar Raja (Mr)
Supervisor | Supervision Hub
Financial Conduct Authority | www.fca.org.uk
Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768

ref:_00Db0K8yP._5000X1tq76e:ref
This communication and any attachments may contain personal information. For more information about how and why we use personal information and who to contact with any queries about this, please see our privacy notices: FCA Privacy Notice (https://www.fca.org.uk/data-protection) and PSR Privacy Notice (https://www.psr.org.uk/cookies-privacy-and-data-protection).

This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is for intended recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use it without our consent. Some of our communications may contain confidential information which it could be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority. If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@fca.org.uk immediately and delete the email from your computer. Further information on the classification and handling of FCA information can be found on the FCA website (http://www.fca.org.uk/site-info/legal/fca-classified-information).

The FCA (or, if this email originates from the Payment Systems Regulator Limited, the FCA on behalf of the Payment Systems Regulator Limited / the Payment Systems Regulator Limited) reserves the right to monitor all email communications for compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards.

This email is not intended to nor should it be taken to create any legal relations or contractual relationships. This email has originated from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), or the Payment Systems Regulator Limited.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is registered as a limited company in England and Wales No. 1920623. Registered office: 12 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London, E20 1JN, United Kingdom

The Payment Systems Regulator Limited is registered as a limited company in England and Wales No. 8970864. Registered office: 12 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London, E20 1JN, United Kingdom

Switchboard 020 7066 1000

I’ve been in this thread since post #1 mate, I’m not talking about other clubs. Everton fans aren’t going to be calling celtic fans pedos.

Pretty much. We need pressure on ALL fronts. Thats how we got done. Its the only way.
Whatever

They were contacted CB, just not by BN on this occasion.

It's a very personal and emotive subject and we've all got our thoughts on how we should deal with particular issues, albeit we rarely differ from each other. I'm happy to stick my head above the parapet and say that I'm one of the select few who are working on this and proud to be working alongside BN and many others.

BN can and will, speak up for himself, I don't doubt that for even a second, but you do him a great disservice in having a go at him for a small part of one issue, when we've collectively been dealing with hundreds of issues. You really should wind your neck in and you should be grateful for the work that he's doing. I'm far from being a 'brownnoser', but I will confidently state that anyone who genuinely seeks justice for the victims and their families should applaud the work he's did and continues to do.

I do understand that some will be frustrated that they can't get the full details of what's being worked on - we ALL get that, but the work that's being done within the group is incredible and the person you're having a pop at is the linchpin of the entire organisation. The guy is phenomenal and he continues to spend all of his free time and effort in getting justice for the victims in so many ways. I wish everyone could know what's going on, but the lurkers in here would have a field day. It's imperative that they know only what we want them to know.

Hopefully all will be revealed at a later date when the Chamber of Secrets is yet another Tescos. Until then please show the man the respect he's more than earned.

We work together as a team, each working to his/her strengths and we get the job in hand done. I'm proud to work alongside all of them, doing my little bit and you would be too. I sincerely mean that.

WATP (and don't let them forget it - EVER).

Last edited by a moderator:
This recent Celtic Park venue fiasco needs answered by one man

Humza Yousaf - explain it and explain it without lies and political spin

It’s on your watch

Where celtic's money should be ring fenced and protected by the authorities, Scotland's Police are boosting the said funds.

Not only do the police reward them, the judges must be dishing out the lightest sentences ever also and in 1 case, no fu(kin custodial at all.

This is a protected species here, without fail.

You couldn't make this shit up, it's like an episode of Drop the Dead Donkey.

The police show no shame, they’re fully aware of allegations and cases past and pending and what do they do ? Pay them to rent a function suite, there must have been a shortage of rooms available that day.
It’s like holding a cruelty to animals conference at an animal testing lab.

Sgt. Fletcher and PC Stewart of G Division Safer Communities Dept. attended the Glasgow Child Protection Neglect Summit held at Celtic Park on the 5th Sept. Informative presentations and an opportunity to learn from partners across a wide range of Organisations. #neglect_summit

Of all the places to hold a summit into child protection/neglect.

Yet another kick in the teeth for those children that suffered at the hands of the paedophile ring operating at Celtic Park.

Who the f.uck decided this was an appropriate venue?

I know plenty of Toffees who despise these bastards

Back