When Halliday got robbed and the boy scored

Shouldn’t have been a foul, we got incredibly fortunate with that one. Halliday has used his get of jail free card for the season.

I’d have been furious if that was given at the other end.

Agreed. Halliday made an arse of it and the incompetent Collum interevened to help us.

God works in mysterious ways.

Livid were robbed today. Their no. 9 was very good but a bit too thuggish. Keeper also sold tavs goal and macgregor saved us.

No chance were they robbed. It was 11 men behind the ball the majority of the time, even at 1-0 I never felt like we would lost the match. They had a couple of efforts as every team should in the game.

Whatever Halliday is, he isn’t a full back. If Barasic wasn’t just being rested and Halliday was preferred choice then I would be seriously worried about Stevie G.

It was classic Halliday. Seen it several times with him. A %^*& up of his own doing, knew he messed up and went down and was lucky. It was soft. Bombscare

There were others far worse than Halliday yesterday. Only McGregor, Barker and Morelos got pass marks for me.

Worst player on the park for me , lost his man for their header off the bar, casual to somnolent on the ball , very lucky with the foul and some crap passing. Not his best game he is bang average normally but gets a pass because he is a bear but yesterday he was awful.

I’d have been annoyed if that foul
went against us at the other end of the pitch, although I’ve not seen any replays.

Halliday was very sloppy.

Seen that today mate as well , Tav lost the rag at him telling him he should have walked of at the Govan side which was only a couple of yards away , Referees decisions can be down to interpretation but in this case its a rule change ,the substituted player must leave by the nearest line . When Tav pointed it out he should have accepted his mistake and made the player turn around and leave by the Govan but he ignored Tav and let him meander of the long way
Mind you maybe they haven't changed that rule in the Rangers Rule Book for refs or maybe he was just cheating again
Sfa told refs not to enforce this if the player has to walk in a hostile environment

Halliday is a better footballer than he's given credit for, in terms of having skill with the ball at his feet; that said, what he does with the ball leaves a lot to be desired at times- his corners don't find anyone; his crosses are not precise enough for what you would want in a Rangers player. Hopefully we win the league and he can leave the club with a medal.

I get that but I think SG has taken the two international games into account as well.

Halliday at LB shouldn't be that big an issue at home against jobbers. But it's becoming increasingly clear that the more we improve as a squad the more glaring his deficiencies are compared to the others.

This has to be his final season.

It is though because he's clearly not a left back. He struggled against East Fife where every excuse under the sun was made for him.

You know this won't be his last season. Stick on for a new deal but don't dare criticise because we are only supporters.

This place is mad. It was a foul all day long. You watch it back and you can clearly see him push halliday in the back. If we wouldn't have won that game today because the ref didn't blow for that foul then everyone would be on here talking about how it was a terrible decision

Sit in club deck so a long way away but it looked soft.

Am sure it will be debated ad nauseum on Sportscene later today.

Halliday is a better footballer than he's given credit for, in terms of having skill with the ball at his feet; that said, what he does with the ball leaves a lot to be desired at times- his corners don't find anyone; his crosses are not precise enough for what you would want in a Rangers player. Hopefully we win the league and he can leave the club with a medal.
He's actually quite a good footballer. But he's physically weak, and hasn't got much pace. Disadvantages in a full back. Even in midfield, he was always being muscled off the ball when we came up to the Premiership. Really I prefer it to be the other guy lying on the ground appealing to the referee.

You said he needs to stop the mental burst outs of his goal.

He doesn't do that regularly. You following?

A nice wee challenge I've got for you would be to look at my post again and point out exactly where I said he does it regularly. Good luck!

What I did say is that when he does do it it tends to cost us e.g. Samaras at Ibrox or Kilmarnock last season. He got it wrong again yesterday and thankfully it was given as a free kick otherwise it would have cost us.

It was an absolutely woeful piece of play by Halliday. We got nothing from Collum yesterday apart from this one decision, as it happens it ended up a big one.

From gf3 it looked a clear foul but I've seen them not given. He knew the guy was there and tried to shield the ball instead of putting it out. Too risky when you are the last man

A nice wee challenge I've got for you would be to look at my post again and point out exactly where I said he does it regularly. Good luck!

What I did say is that when he does do it it tends to cost us e.g. Samaras at Ibrox or Kilmarnock last season. He got it wrong again yesterday and thankfully it was given as a free kick otherwise it would have cost us.
You implied it was a regular event.

The Samaras incident, what season was that?

It was a foul ,but Haliday should never have let the ball bounce.

This is a problem I've noted before with almost all of our players -- they like to "see where the ball's going" before getting in there and making contact.
It applies across most of the outfield -- when a ball's coming down from the stratosphere, our men tend to stand off and see what's going on.
The opposition quite rightly get in there and take the ball and more often than not are off and running with it.

Even in the box there's a similar tendency -- not to "attack" the ball when it comes in, especially when it's a cross.
It's over-simplification I know, but our defenders appear to be waiting to see what's going to happen with the ball, rather than moving to it and clearing it.

Halliday was clearly fouled, but I think we were lucky that Collum forgot we were Rangers for an instance.
He could quite easily have allowed that.
Halliday and the rest of them (especially our defence, with the possible exception of Katic) need to be told to make the ball safe first, especially if you're the last man.

Sfa told refs not to enforce this if the player has to walk in a hostile environment
Well we can assume that rule just won't apply at Ibrox at all this season then, cos there is no less hostile game than one against Livingston.

One of the reasons Gerrard doesn't like Barasic is because he isn't tough enough. Bit strange that Halliday benefits from this as he loves to roll around then miraculously recover.
A poor footballer who benefits from stadium geography.

Because barisic played twice in int duty is irrelevant as he s only 24 and cant be knackered as he hardly plays for us.
He would have been sharper than halliday.
SG is starting to concern me with some tactics and team selection.
I think its more he didn't want to risk Borna getting a knock before Thursday rather than resting him, so went with Halliday who should have been more that capable against Livi at home.

Loads of people quick to put the boot in without having seen the highlights.

It's 100% a foul. The striker puts both hands on Halliday's back and pushes him over. Yes Halliday should've dealt with it better but it doesn't matter.

Ok. Having seen that angle it is the slightest of shoves and probably a foul. It’s a soft one, though. Most refs I don’t think would give that.

Incidentally, I like Halliday and think he offers more than Barisic in an attacking sense. Barisic has turned into one of the most negative players we have. Everything goes sideways or backwards with him these days.

All that said, I still think we got lucky win that foul being given. Probably the correct decision but most refs I don’t think give that one.

Just seen the highlights of the match was defo a foul on Andy. Right call made by ref even if it was a bit soft, it’s still the correct call.

Got to go on the side of a foul. Hands were on Halliday and used to push him - that said, as last defender Halliday shouldn’t be taking it easy and should have dealt with the ball right away especially as the thundering footsteps of the Livi lump of a man must have been evident right behind him.

Back