Where was Katic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helander is world class and was always stepping into the side once up to speed

We need all 4 centre half’s why can’t people see this , look at Man City a club with billions but are now down to 1 for centre half due to injury

Katic will be back , edmusnen will play his part

Relax ffs

I honestly don’t know why folk are getting their knickers in a twist over the centre back situation. We have 3 very very good options in there, and a shitload of games to play, they will be rotated.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmundson next week in the cup, this place will probably be in meltdown

We need all 4 centre half’s why can’t people see this , look at Man City a club with billions but are now down to 1 for centre half due to injury

Relax ffs

Yeah, let's all relax.

Jesus %^*&, that's a bit of a leap is it no'? :D

Katic was always going to be the one to be left out .Goldson is a Gerrard favourite and has started every game except East Fife. It doesn’t seem to matter how badly he plays.

Problem is, Goldson is very sloppy in almost every game now. Our best centre backs are Katic and Helander. There's been rumours that Goldson and Katic had a bust up and that's why he wasn't in the squad tonight but who know's how accurate they are.

Helander is world class

FFS Henning , if he was world class he wouldn’t be playing for us. Get a grip mate.

He had a very good game tonight and I’d like to see him paired with Katic long term. Better than Goldson for me although I ain’t slagging Goldson off but think he needs rested.

Genuine questions as to why our best centre half so far this season was completely dropped

Don’t you think it’s worth discussing?
It is worth discussing. The rumors of a bust up might be true.
However, Niko will fight like hell to get his place.
It might be Goldson who drops out.

I suspect he will play at the weekend and next Wednesday v Livi in the Cup

I’m going out on a limb with having seen so little of him but by season end, I’ll say we will be looking back at Helander being our best centre back. Very composed, looks quality to me on the limited viewings.

I’m going out on a limb with having seen so little of him but by season end, I’ll say we will be looking back at Helander being our best centre back. Very composed, looks quality to me on the limited viewings.

He was excellent tonight, but Katic has been great too, and offers more of a goal threat than any other player at set pieces. Goldson is a good footballer and played well too + I think Edmundson can feel very unfortunate as he has looked solid too. I think Helander is the oldest at 27 or 28 (?) so we are very well off in the CH area. If Borna keeps up that form, we won't need to invest in the back 4 for a few years to come. Great work by Gerrard and Allen.

As much as I like Katic, he gets a very easy ride on here vs Goldson who gets constantly criticised (unfairly at times)

Katic does have his weak points which seem to get ignored. His positioning can be suspect & he can be rolled too easily or got at it by running down his left side.

Of course these are areas where he can develop as a young defender plying his trade. And he will be a monster if he can bring these anywhere the level of his aerial ability.

I suspect Goldson & Helander will be the first choice pairing but with plenty rotation given games. And I think for the time being that is probably correct (based on limited viewing of Helander & assuming lives up to his price tag)

I say this as a big fan of Katic & was very vocal on here when Worrall was playing instead of him unjustifiably.

Can say what you want but to bomb him out the squad completely is harsh in the extreme.

There were rumours last week that him and goldson had exchanged words and katic had overstepped the mark and wouldn't feature this thurs. I thought it was your usual Celtic fan rumours but there may have been something in it after all

Genuine questions as to why our best centre half so far this season was completely dropped

Don’t you think it’s worth discussing?
No problem with the discussion.
It’s got to be accepted that this idea that he’s our best centre half might not be the way everybody sees it.

FFS Henning , if he was world class he wouldn’t be playing for us. Get a grip mate.

He had a very good game tonight and I’d like to see him paired with Katic long term. Better than Goldson for me although I ain’t slagging Goldson off but think he needs rested.

Watch the game again .

To me he put in a flawless defensive performance . First real start at Ibrox massive test and he stepped in as if he’s been with us for years . Made Barasic play better . Composed . Positionally superb .

I think they both deserve credit as does the manager but … if it wasn’t for the brilliance of McGregor yet again… I think the conversations and debates on here, would have been very different!

Relax ffs
Exactly what I heard the gaffer say in his presss conference after the game.” We have four centre half’s and one is always going to be dissapounted at being left out of the 18 but they all will play a part in our season”

All ifs and buts I know but I think goldson had 2 or 3 headed efforts on their goal I think katic would have put one of them away. I can see in time katic coming in alongside helander

Pre Livi, I thought Helander would come in for Goldson. However, both Katic and Conner were suspect on Saturday. I really rate Katic but last nights decision was correct.

Willing to bet Katic has not taken it well and Gerrard has omitted him from the squad.

It is a team game.

Squad togetherness is vital.

Goldson and Helander were excellent.

He was brilliant,

Helander and Katic for me are the 2 best CH’s

Goldson needs a time on the bench I think
Absolutely agree OP you give me faith that some of FF actually know how to read the game and analyse defensive performances.

Helandar should not be dropped after that performance last night

Not saying anyone should be “dropped” but over the next few months we will be playing two games a week and will need to rotate the players to keep everyone fresh would be happy to see Helander and Katic start on Sunday

Will play in the St Johnstone game and against Livi. Lots of games coming up and there's been loads of football played already.

Tom Miller on RTV mentioned he was being "rested" about 5 times. Seemed like propaganda after a while.
Heard Gerrard appeared on the Gantry after 55 mins as Tom was dragging his heels and had only mentioned it once. It was only when Gary Mc sat behind Tom and poked him with his Rangers brolly that Tom mentioned it again.

He's defo been nobbled.

I love Katic as a player. Think he’s probably the best actual defender amongst the 4 cbs we have. And he’s a force of nature when the ball’s in the air in the opposition box.

But Helander being left footed improved Barisic no end. And he played really well himself. Fejenoord had quick players up top and he matched them. Looked much faster than in his previous cameos.

And even when he isn’t having a great game individually, Gerrard trusts Goldson as the best organiser. He also covers well behind Tav bombing on which is important.

Edmundson did absolutely nothing wrong earlier in the year. Remember folk saying he was undroppable after first couple of rounds.

Fortunate to have 4 as strong to perm 2 from. Best depth we’ve had 1 to 4 since we sold Carlos Cuellar. The down side when they’re all fit is only 2 start and 1 on bench. It’s the sort of problem good teams have. Over 60 games we’ll need them all

The manager explained why he wasn't in the squad. He's got 4 excellent defenders so one of them is going to be disappointed. He felt that last night's game was better suited to Goldson and Helmander. He was right.

Katic will have plenty of games to prove he's the best. When he gets back in the team it's up to him to ensure we keep clean sheets every time he plays.

Goldson can do no wrong in the eyes of Gerrard imo! Harsh to bomb out katic like that

Helander was top notch tonight
Let's be honest here goldson is gerrards golden boy, katic is being dragged down by him, I like cg but he's not in form, he's slow katic should be playing alongside helander

I’m not sure but do Helander and Katic both not like to play on the left hand side? If so maybe that’s why Goldson has kept his place, because his form has dropped and his distribution is woeful.

Just home and not seen any interviews regards the big man?

Was he injured or has he been bombed out again?

He'd a poor game on Saturday and clearly Gerrard thought Goldson and Helander would be a better partnership for last night and he was proved right.

Niko has already played plenty football this season and will play plenty more.

As much as I like Katic, he gets a very easy ride on here vs Goldson who gets constantly criticised (unfairly at times)

Katic does have his weak points which seem to get ignored. His positioning can be suspect & he can be rolled too easily or got at it by running down his left side.

Of course these are areas where he can develop as a young defender plying his trade. And he will be a monster if he can bring these anywhere the level of his aerial ability.

I suspect Goldson & Helander will be the first choice pairing but with plenty rotation given games. And I think for the time being that is probably correct (based on limited viewing of Helander & assuming lives up to his price tag)

I say this as a big fan of Katic & was very vocal on here when Worrall was playing instead of him unjustifiably.

Some of Goldson's traits as well...I don't know what's going on with him lately but it seems as if he's towing a caravan at times - used to always think he had a decent turn of pace until recently.

This.

Thank feck we won or Katic Gate would have been unbearable. You can almost sense some folk wish we got beaten so they could be proven right and sit thrashing their keyboards for the next few days in anger.

What utter tosh.

The manager explained why he wasn't in the squad. He's got 4 excellent defenders so one of them is going to be disappointed. He felt that last night's game was better suited to Goldson and Helmander. He was right.

Katic will have plenty of games to prove he's the best. When he gets back in the team it's up to him to ensure we keep clean sheets every time he plays.

How was he right? We kept a clean sheet because of McGregor - not because of Goldson (or Tav). This place would've had a meltdown if the Feyenoord player had scored that header where Goldson lost his man.

Can say what you want but to bomb him out the squad completely is harsh in the extreme.
The same way Davis was bombed out the entire 18 last season, Barasic out of the 18 this year?
I'll take being harsh and Gerrard making tactical decisions every day of the week.
If we take what Gerrard says as the being the truth ( or are folk saying the manager is a liar! Based on Bill Young saying he had a bargy with Goldson??) then there is every chance Katic not only forces himself back into the 18 but the starting XI to come up against hammer thrower May on Sunday.
Stop being faux offended because you love the big guy, we all love him

The same way Davis was bombed out the entire 18 last season, Barasic out of the 18 this year?
I'll take being harsh and Gerrard making tactical decisions every day of the week.
If we take what Gerrard says as the being the truth ( or are folk saying the manager is a liar! Based on Bill Young saying he had a bargy with Goldson??) then there is every chance Katic not only forces himself back into the 18 but the starting XI to come up against hammer thrower May on Sunday.
Stop being faux offended because you love the big guy, we all love him

I never said i was offended. I said he didn’t warrant being out of the match day 18. Goldson has been the one of the two that’s form has warranted being dropped.

As for him coming back in at the weekend I think he should but I’m not entirely convinced he will. Helander needs games and Goldson looks like he’s going to play every game again.

I never said i was offended. I said he didn’t warrant being out of the match day 18. Goldson has been the one of the two that’s form has warranted being dropped.

As for him coming back in at the weekend I think he should but I’m not entirely convinced he will. Helander needs games and Goldson looks like he’s going to play every game again.
Goldson is vice Captain, so yeah he probably will play every game. If Gerrard sees him as a leader then he trusts him to carry out the game plan and organise the defence regardless of form. Now we've seen Helander though, him and Katic together would be something else!
We have to take what Gerrard says as being above board!
Katic should play Sunday as another tactical decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back