The State of Ibrox Catering

You tell me why or have you forgot your own post.
You said if people want a meal, then go for a meal.
Our fans on hospitality clearly want a meal and a bevvy, why are they allowed to expect decent fayre for their money but you'll criticise those outside the boxes who want decent food?

I know you said 99% of stadiums, I gave a small sample from my experience.
We've already had plenty of posters list the stadiums in England that provide much better than the facilities at Ibrox do, so clearly your 99% is way out.

And I don't need to 'believe the hype' of a Killie Pie, I have actually tried them.
You’re going to Ibrox though, not Miller and carter. He came moaning about the food not the quality on the park.
You’re buying a £3 pie at the football what are you expecting? My point is this is a Uk wide thing and not isolated to Ibrox.
If you think a Killie pie is “decent food” then we don’t really have a discussion mate :D

You’re going to Ibrox though, not Miller and carter. He came moaning about the food not the quality on the park.
You’re buying a £3 pie at the football what are you expecting? My point is this is a Uk wide thing and not isolated to Ibrox.
If you think a Killie pie is “decent food” then we don’t really have a discussion mate :D

I'm not looking for a steak, so again your point couldn't be further from the mark.

I'd like a pie, burger, sandwich or the like that is value for money.
Nowhere have I said that a Killie Pie is decent food, what I have clearly stated is that it is better than what is served at Ibrox and costs less, as are the other examples I provided.
Although I gave those examples, I don't particularly want to spend my money in those stadiums.
You can claim it happens everywhere, in spite of it being demonstrably untrue, but Ibrox is where Rangers fans want to spend their money.

Perhaps you can give us your own feedback as to why we should buy the food, assuming of course that your defence of it means you actually consume it?

I'm not looking for a steak, so again your point couldn't be further from the mark.

I'd like a pie, burger, sandwich or the like that is value for money.
Nowhere have I said that a Killie Pie is decent food, what I have clearly stated is that it is better than what is served at Ibrox and costs less, as are the other examples I provided.
Although I gave those examples, I don't particularly want to spend my money in those stadiums.
You can claim it happens everywhere, in spite of it being demonstrably untrue, but Ibrox is where Rangers fans want to spend their money.

Perhaps you can give us your own feedback as to why we should buy the food, assuming of course that your defence of it means you actually consume it?
I never said you should buy it, i said you should approach it for what it is. Food a the football, fast, garbage. Like everywhere in Scotland. It is pure junk.
It’s not like we have bad food because we chose a poor catering company - we have bad food because food at the football is bad.

you are paying £3 for a pie, I would say you get what £3 deserves. It’s always going to be shite.

We aren’t in London, we are in Glasgow so i do not care what Spurs are offering in their brand new state of the art stadium.

We can butt dream
maxresdefault.jpg

It’s a contract Rangers hold.

They employ a contractor.

They could have done far more to instruct improvements.

Hopefully it’s ripped up at the end of this period.
It's surely got to be ripped up. Noticed earlier in the thread someone said the same mob do Murrayfield, when we played Hearts there last year there were vans inside the stadium selling all sorts of food, good quality too.

I never said you should buy it, i said you should approach it for what it is. Food a the football, fast, garbage. Like everywhere in Scotland. It is pure junk.
It’s not like we have bad food because we chose a poor catering company - we have bad food because food at the football is bad.

you are paying £3 for a pie, I would say you get what £3 deserves. It’s always going to be shite.

We aren’t in London, we are in Glasgow so i do not care what Spurs are offering in their brand new state of the art stadium.

Of course it's junk food, it doesn't mean it can't taste good or not be overcooked and served cold.

You insist that a £3 pie must be shite because it's £3. I bet I could do far better than what's on offer at Ibrox for less than a £3 sale price with the production facilities that companies like Elior have access to.
@Terry Silver Loyal posted earlier on the thread saying similar. I'm sure there are many more chefs on here that would back that up.

You say you don't care about Spurs new stadium or London, yet you brought every other stadium in Britain into this with your incorrect insistence that food is shit at 99% of stadiums.

You seem to be all over the place with this, attempting to argue a ridiculous point that Rangers fans should just put up with crap because you've made up that it's the same everywhere, but now wanting to exclude every stadium outside of Glasgow.

Give it up man. Rangers are missing a trick here with an easy money maker and nobody can sensibly argue otherwise.

Of course it's junk food, it doesn't mean it can't taste good or not be overcooked and served cold.

You insist that a £3 pie must be shite because it's £3. I bet I could do far better than what's on offer at Ibrox for less than a £3 sale price with the production facilities that companies like Elior have access to.
@Terry Silver Loyal posted earlier on the thread saying similar. I'm sure there are many more chefs on here that would back that up.

You say you don't care about Spurs new stadium or London, yet you brought every other stadium in Britain into this with your incorrect insistence that food is shit at 99% of stadiums.

You seem to be all over the place with this, attempting to argue a ridiculous point that Rangers fans should just put up with crap because you've made up that it's the same everywhere, but now wanting to exclude every stadium outside of Glasgow.

Give it up man. Rangers are missing a trick here with an easy money maker and nobody can sensibly argue otherwise.
It’s fast food for the masses though, so what you can whip up for less than £3 doesn’t really matter, does it?

I never once said “Rangers fans should put up with crap” - in fact i stated the majority of fans in Scotland put up with crap, so it’s you who’s absolutely all over the shop mate, you’re making stuff up now.

it’s that easy a money maker is it? So why is the grub absolutely dirge at every stadium in scotland?
If you want a sandwich then take a sandwich to the game. Buy one in the co-op or one of the many cafes around the stadium.

Last edited:
The pricing is laughable considering the quality you’re getting. £3 for a watered down Coke and about £3 for a pie. That’s too expensive and it takes its toll when you have kids who want a drink or something.

We also still can’t pay by card and we have tills from the 9IAR era. How easy would it be paying by contactless because then you could actually get back to your seat for the next half? Instead of waiting for the staff to give you back change. It seems they receive little to no training and are thrown into the deep end.

Last edited:
It’s fast food for the masses though, so what you can whip up for less than £3 doesn’t really matter, does it?

I never once said “Rangers fans should put up with crap” - in fact i stated the majority of fans in Scotland put up with crap, so it’s you who’s absolutely all over the shop mate, you’re making stuff up now.

it’s that easy a money maker is it? So why is the grub absolutely dirge at every stadium in scotland?
If you want a sandwich then take a sandwich to the game. Buy one in the co-op or one of the many cafes around the stadium.

No offence mate but this kind of "Yes but..." negativity gives me more indigestion than a current lukewarm, overpriced, rock hard Ibrox scotch pie ever could.

In fact, what's the point? Let's just all sit on our arses and expect nothing.

There are truly some idiotic opinions on this. The smart arsed "what do you expect for 3 quid" line is a belter.

Well if its tasty trash we want, greggs £1 pie is vastly superior to the jobbie in a dish offered to the majority. If the burger Van's have upped their game, why cant a large caterer like elior? Is it possible maybe they could but our kiosks are so old and dated that the shit that's served is the limit for them? And sadly, the food at many grounds is much better than what we get. Why is that?

Some people dont realise the utter contradiction their smart arse posts are giving.

That any number of the chefs on here could do better is entirely relevant, it's perfectly clear to the overwhelming majority that the food isn't good enough. It's also something that can be remedied if the desire is there to do so.
You've previously stated that it's a £3 so we should expect it to be shit. That you can't accept it needn't be kinda destroys your earlier snidy dig about me not knowing 'decent food'.

It has been pointed out on numerous occasions now that the food isn't equally as shit everywhere else. Ibrox is consistently voted in the worst for quality and value for money. Clearly, you are just making it up that it's rubbish at every stadium. If everyone has the same shit, why is it the case that ours is voted worst?

Lastly, your claim that you aren't saying 'Rangers fans should just put up with it' is laughable. Your entire argument, if I may call it such, is based around that.
Read the post I have quoted "If you want a sandwich, get one from the co-op"
Now why do that when Rangers can sell me one?
See, there's that easy money maker I spoke of.
Rangers fans wanting to give Rangers money in Rangers' home stadium.

It's so easy, you might understand it when you've grown up.

Its simply rubbish. The choice of food is crap. Ever seen one of those ‘wraps of the month ‘. What even is in it ? When are we going to get a decent range of food, it’s been the same dross for as long as I can remember. You can’t even buy a water. I asked for a water And the girl gave me tepid water from the tap. Kids don’t want macaroni pies or mince pies.
I think they should start small and use maybe a couple of kiosks in each stand and experiment selling decent quality lunch food , including good sandwiches , different range of hot food etc and at the very least bottled water which of course should be poured into a cup by the staff because we will all throw the bottles on the pitch apparently !! GET THE CATERING SORTED RANGERS.

Why do we need catering? Can people not sit for 2 hours without stuffing shite into their face?

There are plenty options around the stadium before & after the match.

Went to McDonald’s bakers in town last week and got a steak pie and cheese and onion pasty for less than an Ibrox pie and was far better quality

we went down the divisions and most of the catering put ours to shame

our catering is a 30 year old joke

Greggs have a huge range of food. What you on about. Huge range of different sandwiches and hot food at Greggs . That’s why there stores are full. We sell about 3 things at Ibrox and all of them are crap.
I've not been to Man City's ground but even Murrayfield when we played Hearts was night and day compared to Ibrox in terms of catering.

What price do you pay for pies at home?

Why do we need catering? Can people not sit for 2 hours without stuffing shite into their face?

The stadium is where Rangers make money.
The vans around the stadium are not.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Why do we need the options around the stadium before and after the match if there's no need for folk to stuff their faces within that two hour period?

You've completely contradicted your entire reasoning there.

People absolutely can go without food for two hours, I'm sure.

They don't have to though. It's absolutely mental reasoning on your part to decide when people should or shouldn't eat a meal or have a snack.

It's long been a tradition at the football to get a snack at HT. This can't be news to you.

You're either just at it or so far of seeing the sense being given to you as a response that there's not much point in continuing to discuss it.

There are truly some idiotic opinions on this. The smart arsed "what do you expect for 3 quid" line is a belter.

Well if its tasty trash we want, greggs £1 pie is vastly superior to the jobbie in a dish offered to the majority. If the burger Van's have upped their game, why cant a large caterer like elior? Is it possible maybe they could but our kiosks are so old and dated that the shit that's served is the limit for them? And sadly, the food at many grounds is much better than what we get. Why is that?

Some people dont realise the utter contradiction their smart arse posts are giving.
The kiosks aren't the problem mate.
As you said, the food is better elsewhere, even throughout the lower divisions where they don't have the facilities we do at Ibrox.

It's unbelievable that we actually have people on here slating the fans for wanting better.

club can't do anything under the catering deal struck under the spivs ends
We're led to believe that contract ends after this season, so the fans dissatisfaction should be known beforehand so we aren't tied into similar shit for years to come.

The Elior deal was Murrays doing, though I suppose you could categorise him as a spiv.

As am interesting aside. Elior supply catering (exclusively) to our local Council & leasure centres.
The deal is that they have the contract and at the end of the year the council receive a share of the profits.
In all the years Elior have had the contract they have never - not once - turned a profit.
They are bent as well as incompetent

As am interesting aside. Elior supply catering (exclusively) to our local Council & leasure centres.
The deal is that they have the contract and at the end of the year the council receive a share of the profits.
In all the years Elior have had the contract they have never - not once - turned a profit.
They are bent as well as incompetent
Sounds like a typically naive and incompetent Council 'deal' ! Its not just Glasgow.

Elior are the contractor for my works canteen. The standard is just as bad although the cost is a little less. That may have something to do with the rates for use of the premises

The catering is certainly popular in the Govan Rear. Every queue is full for the whole of half time. Not sure they could take many more customers.

That being said the servers are usually space cadets so perhaps if that improved more customers would be served.

I don't have time to read the whole thread but why don't Rangers auction off the catering to the highest bidder. Have Greggs, McDonalds, KFC and Tim Hortons bid for the rights to sell food and soft drinks in the Stadium.

Dont Forget tae include sports direct in the bid or the fat spiv bastard will put in an injunction.

The catering is certainly popular in the Govan Rear. Every queue is full for the whole of half time. Not sure they could take many more customers.

That being said the servers are usually space cadets so perhaps if that improved more customers would be served.

I had a mate over from Canada for a game last year and he was stunned at the lack of speed in serving.

His immediate thought was "this is your matchday revenue maker. Why wouldn't it be better"

It's not just the food, the entire service needs improved too.

Its simply rubbish. The choice of food is crap. Ever seen one of those ‘wraps of the month ‘. What even is in it ? When are we going to get a decent range of food, it’s been the same dross for as long as I can remember. You can’t even buy a water. I asked for a water And the girl gave me tepid water from the tap. Kids don’t want macaroni pies or mince pies.
I think they should start small and use maybe a couple of kiosks in each stand and experiment selling decent quality lunch food , including good sandwiches , different range of hot food etc and at the very least bottled water which of course should be poured into a cup by the staff because we will all throw the bottles on the pitch apparently !! GET THE CATERING SORTED RANGERS.
I love the steak pies

Catering was one of the things in the fans consultation thing released a few days ago,i havent eaten at Ibrox for years because it is expensive shite

Maybe we should sub contract it to Greggs

Always pop into the Greggs or Tim Hortons in Argyle Street pre match for sausage rolls or filled roll (or if on a roll a doughnut ) for my half time food. Saves queuing and the choice is far better than at Ibrox.

A Greggs franchise would make a much better job of this. Its s poor in the extreme
A Gregg's (or similar) franchise would loss money. Their model is based on shops being open 350+ days a year, not 25 (and at that, for three hours at most in those days).

If anyone is fully satisfied with the current quality, variety on offer, speed of service, taste and appetising nature of the selection available at our stadium right now - then I certainly won't try & persuade them otherwise

I would have thought that at least one aspect could be better & in line with most businesses modern day policies - continuous improvement should be aimed for

If I understand correctly - our current catering contract is near completion - & in my opinion - we've got an example of ' how not to do things ' in operation at the moment

So it shouldn't be difficult to recognise areas where improvement is badly needed - ( many of them are well covered in the posts above )

The thought of continuing as is - for another extended period - fills me with dread - if not indigestion & would also mean no revenue being spent by me

The catering needs investment in order for it to work.
1) Self-Service coffee outlets that you use a card to pay with.
2) Healthier food for kids
3) Modern service outlets that don't three minutes to process one order (contactless payment, efficient drink vending, etc).
4) Vending machines so you can buy snacks without having to stand in mega huge queues.

And boy do I wish we could buy a pint at the games!

That any number of the chefs on here could do better is entirely relevant, it's perfectly clear to the overwhelming majority that the food isn't good enough. It's also something that can be remedied if the desire is there to do so.
You've previously stated that it's a £3 so we should expect it to be shit. That you can't accept it needn't be kinda destroys your earlier snidy dig about me not knowing 'decent food'.

It has been pointed out on numerous occasions now that the food isn't equally as shit everywhere else. Ibrox is consistently voted in the worst for quality and value for money. Clearly, you are just making it up that it's rubbish at every stadium. If everyone has the same shit, why is it the case that ours is voted worst?

Lastly, your claim that you aren't saying 'Rangers fans should just put up with it' is laughable. Your entire argument, if I may call it such, is based around that.
Read the post I have quoted "If you want a sandwich, get one from the co-op"
Now why do that when Rangers can sell me one?
See, there's that easy money maker I spoke of.
Rangers fans wanting to give Rangers money in Rangers' home stadium.

It's so easy, you might understand it when you've grown up.
It’s completely irrelivant, you could say it about anywhere. I could whip up more for £5 than McDs offers.

the food quality is shit everywhere, name one ground in scotland with good food? A killie pie doesn’t count, a forfar bridie... maybe? But everything else is fat filled, heartburn inducing crap.

What do you want? A pie is a pie. It’s being served to you by a plooky teenager getting paid less than the pies price per hour... you said youd like a sandwich in one of your first replies... someone has to sit and make up sandwiches, thousands of them - you will likely moan about the quality of that when you receive it. Most of the folk on here expecting gourmet food for £3?

At what point is my entire argument based solely around rangers fans? Every single message has said its the same across the board, you’ve even addressed that point, have you forgotten?

it’s the fecking football. Listen to how animated you are about a feed at the game - and it’s me who needs to grow up for suggesting it’s the same everywhere. Okay mate.

Maybe tie in with ‘The Big Feed’ vendors which is just round the corner anyway for catering outside the ground, license them accordingly.

A simple menu of decent locally sourced food at reasonable prices for inside. It really isn’t that difficult.

The kiosks aren't the problem mate.
As you said, the food is better elsewhere, even throughout the lower divisions where they don't have the facilities we do at Ibrox.

It's unbelievable that we actually have people on here slating the fans for wanting better.
My point about the kiosks is that it's likely the same food warmers we were using in 1999, the facility has not modernised one little bit. See the tills for example, our kiosks must be one of the only places left in scotland who cant take a card.

I can't help thinking those operating the vendor vans outside the stadium would jump at the chance to provide the service inside

Now I know there's a world of difference & maybe it would be a 'bridge too far' for them - but logic tells me there's multiple contractors eager & capable of providing a far superior service than the current one

The same shite gets posted everytime on these threads: rangers minded staff, bringing it in house. Can anyone explain why we would be able to make more money than we get currently by running it ourselves? Especially when, going by posts here, people want better food for lower prices? Why would a football club be able to run a catering operation better than a catering company?

The same shite gets posted everytime on these threads: rangers minded staff, bringing it in house. Can anyone explain why we would be able to make more money than we get currently by running it ourselves? Especially when, going by posts here, people want better food for lower prices? Why would a football club be able to run a catering operation better than a catering company?

Yeah let's just plod along with the current unfit for purpose sevice
Presumably you must be satisfied with the 'same old shite' on offer

Your point about catering companies doing it better than us - is very valid though

Incidentally do you happen to know when we last requested bids from catering companies on the open market ?
Do you think another catering provider might be able to do it better ?

I understand we're at the end of a long running catering contract at the moment - shock horror - fans suggesting improvements to a poor service on a fans forum
Hardly surprising is it ?

It’s completely irrelivant, you could say it about anywhere. I could whip up more for £5 than McDs offers.

the food quality is shit everywhere, name one ground in scotland with good food? A killie pie doesn’t count, a forfar bridie... maybe? But everything else is fat filled, heartburn inducing crap.

What do you want? A pie is a pie. It’s being served to you by a plooky teenager getting paid less than the pies price per hour... you said youd like a sandwich in one of your first replies... someone has to sit and make up sandwiches, thousands of them - you will likely moan about the quality of that when you receive it. Most of the folk on here expecting gourmet food for £3?

At what point is my entire argument based solely around rangers fans? Every single message has said its the same across the board, you’ve even addressed that point, have you forgotten?

it’s the fecking football. Listen to how animated you are about a feed at the game - and it’s me who needs to grow up for suggesting it’s the same everywhere. Okay mate.
Nobody expects gourmet food, it has been said so many times it's unreal but for whatever reason you still seem to ignore it.

It's great that you used McDs as an example.
Look at what you get for your fiver in there compared to Ibrox, still want to insist it's ok?

I've no idea why you even attempt to bring food costs, staffing and other overheads into your piss poor argument.
I've told you now several times, myself and the other chefs on here would be able to produce better and charge less than they do at Ibrox if we had the facilities Elior do.
Guess what? We'd have exactly the same overheads, but give a better end result.
I don't work for free, I don't know food wholesalers who supply for free, I'd still have to pay the plooky teenager, I would STILL do so much better.

You also continually ignore the point that it is about Rangers making money first and foremost.
Again, rather than address this you resort a lie that it's shite everywhere, yes I'm telling you you're a liar.

Let's make it dead easy, break it down into little points one last time so you might finally absorb this. Take them one at a time, it'll be easier for you.

I want to pay my money to Rangers.
Food is an easy income for Rangers.
I don't want to give other clubs my money.
The food at Ibrox is dire.
I, along with thousands of others, refuse to buy it such is the quality.
If the quality was better, which I remind you is achievable, then I would buy it.
If the quality is better, thousands more would spend money on it.
When that happens, Rangers make more money!

Last edited:
Nobody is saying that.
People want a product that is reflected by it's price, that is not the case.
If we're paying a fiver for a hot dog, people want a decent hot dog, not a lower price.

It can't be brought in house, but a catering company can be held to account for the muck on offer right now.

If the food is a decent standard, more people buy it, it gives Rangers more leverage with contract negotiations and we should be able to command more money which in turn improves the club.

Nobody expects gourmet food, it has been said so many times it's unreal but for whatever reason you still seem to ignore it.

It's great that you used McDs as an example.
Look at what you get for your fiver in there compared to Ibrox, still want to insist it's ok?

I've no idea why you even attempt to bring food costs, staffing and other overheads into your piss poor argument.
I've told you now several times, myself and the other chefs on here would be able to produce better and charge less than they do at Ibrox if we had the facilities Elior do.
Guess what? We'd have exactly the same overheads, but give a better end result.
I don't work for free, I don't know food wholesalers who supply for free, I'd still have to pay the plooky teenager, I would STILL do so much better.

You also continually ignore the point that it is about Rangers making money first and foremost.
Again, rather than address this you resort a lie that it's shite everywhere, yes I'm telling you you're a liar.

Let's make it dead easy, break it down into little points one last time so you might finally absorb this. Take them one at a time, it'll be easier for you.
W
I want to pay my money to Rangers.
Food is an easy income for Rangers.
I don't want to give other clubs my money.
The food at Ibrox is dire.
I, along with thousands of others, refuse to buy it such is the quality.
If the quality was better, which I remind you is achievable, then I would buy it.
If the quality is better, thousands more would spend money on it.
When that happens, Rangers make more money!
Makes sense but how do Rangers manage to serve thousands more in the 15 minute half time timeframe, when they cant cope with those who suffer in the Q's currently. Do we need to completely redesign the concourses and introduce pre-ordering maybe, certainly contactless payment. Thoughts ?

Back