Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post 232 mate
All that would happen on your system is people would buy tickets for all games and shift the ones they didn’t want . Aways are easy to get rid off , only games this season I’ve seen tickets for sale are in Perth and livi x2 .
The travel club used to work because tickets had to be collected you couldn’t do that domestically .

Post 232 mate
Interesting idea mate. If the club could implement a modern system to manage the process then I think it could work. There are of course issues on cut off dates for the loyalty point allocations, but as you described, it must start somewhere.

All that would happen on your system is people would buy tickets for all games and shift the ones they didn’t want . Aways are easy to get rid off , only games this season I’ve seen tickets for sale are in Perth and livi x2 .
The travel club used to work because tickets had to be collected you couldn’t do that domestically .

There are process and procedures that can be implemented to stop this from happening.

I'm not sure what happened but it would appear that in Villarreal there was a bit of a shambles due to a combination of late arrivals/too many turning up at one time and the TO staff not being adequately prepared to deal with the numbers.

I'm sure that'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but that seems to be where it stems from.

Speaking to the staff at that hotel each of them said never again after that

Interesting idea mate. If the club could implement a modern system to manage the process then I think it could work. There are of course issues on cut off dates for the loyalty point allocations, but as you described, it must start somewhere.

2015 works IMO as this was the first full season after the boycott which loads of fans were part of. If they missed out for trying to help the good of our club that would be wrong I feel.

There are process and procedures that can be implemented to stop this from happening.
Like what ? Genuine question btw , because other than id’ing fans which isn’t going to happen at away games I can’t think of any .

That would involve alot more admin work, which is more hours, more staff and more money Rangers would need to use to implement a points and id procedure for 26,000 cccs punters, and for what?? Rangers could just save the money and hassle and keep it as it is.

Only a small minority seem to not like the current setup imo and there would be a small minority who wont like a new setup, for them reasons is why it wont happen.

Our support is too large to keep everyone happy and have fair an easy system.

Keep it as it is.

Like what ? Genuine question btw , because other than id’ing fans which isn’t going to happen at away games I can’t think of any .

Example 1 - fans who can’t attend would be expected to return the ticket to club. Any away ticket or spares advertised on twitter/FF etc would be rare and those doing it would obviously be taking tickets with the only intention of getting a loyalty point and could easily identitified. Abuse of a scheme could mean removal of points or a complete suspension for repeat offenders.

Also as the Rangers ticket office dispatch the tickets, they are essentially in control of them until they go to whoever is balloted the ticket. I would think they could think of other ways to limit the system being abused.

We are talking about extremes here and again I really feel something new needs to be introduced to help cope with the demands of an oversubscribed scheme. My idea will probably never happen but I’d love to hear other people’s ideas as well because how it works just now is extremely dated and other big clubs use processes like this.

Example 1 - fans who can’t attend would be expected to return the ticket to club. Any away ticket or spares advertised on twitter/FF etc would be rare and those doing it would obviously be taking tickets with the only intention of getting a loyalty point and could easily identitified. Abuse of a scheme could mean removal of points or a complete suspension for repeat offenders.

Also as the Rangers ticket office dispatch the tickets, they are essentially in control of them until they go to whoever is balloted the ticket. I would think they could think of other ways to limit the system being abused.

We are talking about extremes here and again I really feel something new needs to be introduced to help cope with the demands of an oversubscribed scheme. My idea will probably never happen but I’d love to hear other people’s ideas as well because how it works just now is extremely dated and other big clubs use processes like this.
Pretty much all the other clubs have the exact problem I’m talking about . I don’t think there’s anyway round it . The fact is when demand far outweighs supply you really can’t please all the people all the time .
I agree the current system won’t change as it’s the only way the club guarantees home gates in earlier rounds .

Some folk clearly have difficulties understanding on here

When I say pick and choose, I mean all Rangers games, not just home games.

My overall point is that a loyalty points based system should be in place which takes account of attendance at all Rangers games

Therefore those that go everywhere would be top of the list. That that pick and choose their games (e.g. all home games but a couple of away games) would be lower down the points list than someone that goes to every game

There's only about 700 fans tops that can go to every game. So we should give them all a final ticket then ballot the rest between the CCCS?

Of all that go to most games, there is no way of Rangers keeping track of who they are because they won't be getting all their away tickets directly from the club. How many of your tickets came from away scheme and how many came from busses and other contacts?

Also a loyalty scheme wouldn't work, it would be exploited like the TC is and like all other loyalty schemes where the demand is there. Apply for all tickets knowing if you can't go, you can sell them on easily

No matter what system the club had in for cup final tickets , away tickets, be it a loyalty system or whatever, people will always find a way to play the system for there own benefit.

2015 works IMO as this was the first full season after the boycott which loads of fans were part of. If they missed out for trying to help the good of our club that would be wrong I feel.
That is a fair point.

Those saying a loyalty scheme wouldn’t work as folk would apply for tickets and sell them on

Surely the person that buys the ticket off the seller would want a point therefore it would be in their interests to inform the club that they had intact purchased the ticket second hand.

Perhaps a requirement to send a photo of themselves holding the ticket in hand as proof? Currently the travel club has photo cards so no reason why an away scheme couldn’t do the same

Each person £50 to join it, would cover the cost of employing an admin person to deal with away tickets

It'd only be driven underground and those in possession of the tickets would have trusted folk to deal with, a points based system won't work for scottish away games and will end up costing the club money

Those saying a loyalty scheme wouldn’t work as folk would apply for tickets and sell them on

Surely the person that buys the ticket off the seller would want a point therefore it would be in their interests to inform the club that they had intact purchased the ticket second hand.

Perhaps a requirement to send a photo of themselves holding the ticket in hand as proof? Currently the travel club has photo cards so no reason why an away scheme couldn’t do the same

Each person £50 to join it, would cover the cost of employing an admin person to deal with away tickets

I burst at laughing at the idea of folk sending in photos of themselves holding tickets. Mental!

Some guy’s job in the Ticket Office scrolling through pictures of folk in their living room standing holding a ticket. :))

You want fans to attend games, then grass up their fellow bears who got them a ticket?

And somehow that isn't even close to the worst idea on your post.

There is roughly 12,000 on the away scheme last season everyone kinda got 4 tickets can someone please tell me what is unfair about that??
My only gripe is the lack of real categorisation of games.

It doesn’t exist to me.

How someone can get Killie/Livi/Hamilton/Killie, whilst someone gets Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen - that doesn’t feel like a sensible split?

Similar to Home games: Cat A, B & C. That’s how I’d pool the ballots.

It doesn’t exist to me.

How someone can get Killie/Livi/Hamilton/Killie, whilst someone gets Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen - that doesn’t feel like a sensible split?

We go to watch Rangers not the opposition.

I also sat, every away game we get tickets for rangers should come out and give us a number of how many tickets we receive and break it down to who gets what.

how many sponsers get
How many players get
How many rsc get
And then how many goes to cccs

least then we know how many are going about.

It doesn’t exist to me.

It does exist.

If you get any of the cat.A games ie scum,Aberdeen or the Edinburgh clubs you can’t get them again until everyone else has been allocated one.

Well that’s how it’s supposed to work. We got Aberdeen last season and haven’t had a cat A away game since but it may take a couple of seasons to come round again because of the numbers involved.

You want fans to attend games, then grass up their fellow bears who got them a ticket?

And somehow that isn't even close to the worst idea on your post.

If fans attend the game they’d want the point.

It would prevent folk from applying simply to resell. If someone applied then genuinely couldn’t make it last minute, they could hand back to club to redistribute

Ps - the photo idea was a bit of a laugh, I smirked myself at the thought of some admin person sitting through countless of selfies of bevvied bears at the game

It would prevent folk from applying simply to resell. If someone applied then genuinely couldn’t make it last minute, they could hand back to club to redistribute

Ps - the photo idea was a bit of a laugh, I smirked myself at the thought of some admin person sitting through countless of selfies of bevvied bears at the game

Well no, if folk are desperate to attend the game they wont care about point, you telling me if i had a feyenoord ticket for sale right now the buyer would care if i got the point or naw?? Cmonnnn

This thread seems like everyone posting their ideal scheme which not so subtly puts them in best chance of a ticket :D . Full disclosure I'm on CCCS home and dont make it away.

You can either say let's have an uber staunch (clubcard ;)) scheme which is gated behind:

An additional fee (would reduce numbers but also probably limits early Europe and pish league game ticket sales so might be a non starter) or

Inclusive of all games attended - which just simply doesn't suit the whole customer base - you have to have time and money for that endeavour. In addition there isnt any really well thought out idea on how to administer it

It seems fair to me that Rangers say - when you show enough loyalty to come to all the home games where we make money, then you're in with an even shout. Random luck of the draw simply is one of the fair ways to do it and it has the benefit of being the simplest method.

No matter what the scheme is, the people that want to go and dont get a ticket will be irate anyway. Cant please everyone.

Let's say you don't get one in the ballot this week, someone on here does and can't make it.
His ticket is for sale, do you buy it safe in the knowledge that you're getting to the game but he's getting the point?

Of course you do.

You've made the point all along that match attendance is what matters. I don't think for a second anyone buying a ticket would care for a loyalty point when all they really want is to see Rangers.

And on the point of genuinely not being able to make a game, who is going to just hand a ticket back when you can sell it on yourself and keep your loyalty point?

Well no, if folk are desperate to attend the game they wont care about point, you telling me if i had a feyenoord ticket for sale right now the buyer would care if i got the point or naw?? Cmonnnn

Right now there is no system in place

If there was a loyalty system in place and folk wanted to claim the ladder, they’d claim the point

Let's say you don't get one in the ballot this week, someone on here does and can't make it.
His ticket is for sale, do you buy it safe in the knowledge that you're getting to the game but he's getting the point?

Of course you do.

You've made the point all along that match attendance is what matters. I don't think for a second anyone buying a ticket would care for a loyalty point when all they really want is to see Rangers.

And on the point of genuinely not being able to make a game, who is going to just hand a ticket back when you can sell it on yourself and keep your loyalty point?

If the person bought a ticket from someone and knew they could claim the point for it, I’m fairly sure they’d do it if it meant they climbed the points ladder.

The seller, knowing that folk could claim what would have been their point, would perhaps think twice about buying tickets and selling on as if it became a regular pattern, the club would then be able to kick them off the scheme for away tickets.

It doesn’t exist to me.

How are tickets allocated on the Away scheme?

Tickets are generally balloted on a game by game basis when the Club receives confirmation from all away Clubs of our ticket allocations. Once this is known supporters will be updated with their full allocation for the remainder of the season until the League split and then again after this time where applicable. Each supporter is balloted a ticket until all supporters within the scheme have been given one ticket, thereafter the balloting process starts again at the beginning and supporters are given a second ticket.

This system continues until all games have been allocated. Please note that if you have been allocated a Grade A (Celtic) or Grade B (Aberdeen, Hibernian and Hearts) ticket then you will not receive another Grade A or B ticket until everyone else within the Away scheme has been allocated one of these tickets. Please note that this process may cross over for several seasons due to the small allocation of tickets we receive from these Clubs.

I go to Rangers games when I can. All of them, and I have done for the last few years when i've been in a financial situation for me to do so. To the point where I subscribe to everything I can from buying all the (reasonable) merchandise, RangersTV, Lotto, travel club, CCCS and away games. I bring friends and family up from down south, introducing them to Rangers and ensuring they attend games too and moreso, making sure they come back.

See for me, it's a bit difficult for me to go to every game from London, so I sell my seat using seatsub now.

As I couldn't afford to go pre or post 2012 up to 2016 and I can't attend every game (for instance I missed the first OF game of the season, so i can't be accused of only going the 'big games')

I don't see myself above or below anyone in the pecking order.

Just in this 'loyalty' chat, where do I fit in and what's my entitlement?

I go to Rangers games when I can. All of them, and I have done for the last few years when i've been in a financial situation for me to do so. To the point where I subscribe to everything I can from buying all the (reasonable) merchandise, RangersTV, Lotto, travel club, CCCS and away games. I bring friends and family up from down south, introducing them to Rangers and ensuring they attend games too and moreso, making sure they come back.

See for me, it's a bit difficult for me to go to every game from London, so I sell my seat using seatsub now.

As I couldn't afford to go pre or post 2012 up to 2016 and I can't attend every game (for instance I missed the first OF game of the season, so i can't be accused of only going the 'big games')

At the bottom mate not staunch enough

Everyone has different circumstances

But those that go to all games should get first dibs when it comes to big game tickets.

I genuinely haven’t heard one decent counter argument against that as there are none.

Everyone has different circumstances

But those that go to all games should get first dibs when it comes to big game tickets.

I genuinely haven’t heard one decent counter argument against that as there are none.
That essentially makes Rangers a closed shop.

So when those people miss 1 game, do they reset and go to the bottom of the pile, or does there become a point when they can pick and choose which games they can go to.

It doesn’t exist to me.

Totally agree, as a full time member of the Killie, St Johnstone and Hamilton away scheme. In fact at one point I was beginning to think I was only signed up on the Hamilton away scheme!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back