Rangers fans make up majority of Scotland fans

Used to be nearer 40% around the turn of the millennium

And that was it having already decreased over the years prior to then as well

You’d imagine the Rangers support made up a majority of the Scotland support in the days of the old Hampden and before the SFA started running Scottish football like primary headmasters

Stats eh......

There’s more rangers fans exist in the country than there are Killie, St mirren, hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc so even if a tiny fraction of rangers fans signed up to the tartan army - it would dwarf the sign up of supporters of other teams (even if they were big numbers by their own standards)

A completely unsurprising stat imo

Last edited:
So when hampden is full there's 10,000 bears there? Surely rubbish that!

It was 20% of the tartan army are made up of rangers fans.

The tartan army only have 15,000 members apparently. So that suggests 3,000 attendees at Scotland games are rangers fans.

Even as a boy, I had no great connection with the national team. I just couldn't separate my disdain for McStay, McClair, Aitken, Johnston etc and their day jobs and cheer for them in dark blue.

Nowadays, I'd prefer for our players to have nothing to do with them.

Exactly how I feel about broon, nae neck and thumb etc

I was a big fan of the Scotland team and Rangers has probably provided more players than any other side.I used to go to all the games at Hampden and been to Wembley 4 times,but after what's happened and our treatment from the authorities I have no interest any more.On Saturday I WENT to see our you ng team play Wrexham rather than watch Scotland.
I will always support our players in the national team but I doubt I will ever regain the enthusiasm I once had.

Used to be nearer 40% around the turn of the millennium

And that was it having already decreased over the years prior to then as well

You’d imagine the Rangers support made up a majority of the Scotland support in the days of the old Hampden and before the SFA started running Scottish football like primary headmasters
This. Somehow they (the tartan army and Sfa) have contrived a situation where the biggest supporter group of the national team are now so disengaged they have deserted the team. Booing Rangers players, anti English racism and a self serving governing body just make me feel disenfranchised. I always want Scotland to win and do well. I used to attend the odd game but i just don't feel welcome any more and would never take my daughter to a game. There would need to be a monumental change in the values of the TA and the SFA before i considered going back to Hampden.

Fans of every other team now sound and behave like tims. Their hated, and these teams run the SFA, have turned Bears against the national team but it's not hard to believe 3K Bears still watch them (not necessarily ST holders).

According to Clyde, official figures from registered Scotland supporters club fans

Roundabout the 20% mark, then everyone else filtering in behind.

Surprising

No one from our supporters bus follows Scotland anymore sad really. One young lad who started going with us to gers games used to go until Ryan jack was booed then he stopped going. I’m surprised it’s that high to be honest.

Dont know why some are calling bullshit. We have the biggest support in Scotland and only one other club can come close to it so naturally we're likely to have the biggest group of supporters for Scotland from any other club. Even if the support from us is dwindling is still makes sense

FF and the views of some of the self loathers on here do not necessary mirror our support as a whole. I love seeing Scotland do well as do many, many more Rangers fans.

Just pants we are gash. :)) :(

im the same tbh , "we" used to boo celtic players when they played , not as bad as they make out but it did happen , now our players have been treated like that by the morons in the support but i'll always support my country and im sure in time , these weirdos who boo players will %^*& off

Astonished at that Millar !

So was I bud.

What would be more interesting though having read a few more comments, is to see how many of those 'rangers fans' buy tickets regularly

So you might have 20% that registered as bears but only 1% buy tickets. The SFA will therefore probably know how much potential they are losing out on

The last stats I saw (which was probably around 10 years ago plus) had rangers at 36% of support, followed by the sheep high 20's and the mentally challengeds just behind them. Also coincides with the last time I had any genuine interest in our national team.

Back