Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Do we reckon Aribo is on the right of the front three with Arfield in midfield?

Hope that is the case. Not the game for him in midfield although I dont think he suits being in the front 3. Only a minor gripe but I'd have went with Stewart.

Big opportunity with Eduoard missing. Hopefully they are as toothless as they were when we beat them with Mikey Johnson up top.

I think our flanks hold the key. Frimpong should be targetted early doors
He looked good against Hearts and very good in that first half against Aberdeen in the forward role. Also, Arfield in midfield played in midfield against Aberdeen, Accies and Hearts at home - we won all of them 5-0. We should have beaten Aberdeen 5-0 the other night with Arfield in midfield again, until the whole team capitulated.

Gutted about Davis but that’s still a strong team. Our front line need to give their defence hell from the off. Into them Rangers.
Julien had a lot of to say regarding Morelos after first league game againt them. I suspect he doesn't speak Spanish so it was a shower of pisch, but I am optimistic Morelos is about to rip him a new one all the same to make him look like the buffoon he clearly is.

No Davis is a bad start. Aribo and Kamara need to step up big time then. We also need to push them from the kick off and get in behind their full backs.

aribo on the right hand side in front of tavernier? hmmm

but look at the scum's back 4

going to be goals here i think

Do we reckon Aribo is on the right of the front three with Arfield in midfield?

Hope that is the case. Not the game for him in midfield although I dont think he suits being in the front 3. Only a minor gripe but I'd have went with Stewart.

Big opportunity with Eduoard missing. Hopefully they are as toothless as they were when we beat them with Mikey Johnson up top.

I think our flanks hold the key. Frimpong should be targetted early doors

I think Aribo plays narrow from the right.

Gerrard won’t trust him in the middle.

He looked good against Hearts and very good in that first half against Aberdeen in the forward role. Also, Arfield in midfield played in midfield against Aberdeen, Accies and Hearts at home - we won all of them 5-0. We should have beaten Aberdeen 5-0 the other night with Arfield in midfield again, until the whole team capitulated.

Hm i think Aribo looked ok vs Hearts. I missed a fair bit of the Aberdeen game so cant comment.

Agree on the arfield comments. Adds pressing & energy to the midfield.

The gaffer.

4ExKxQd.gif

We’re supposed to have a squad which is big enough and good enough to cope with individuals who are injured/suspended etc. But there’s no way losing one of the key players isn’t massive and Davis is certainly a key player. There is no one to duplicate his role.

So we just have to adapt. Time for a couple of them to step up and be heroes. Forget what’s gone before for the rest of the day. Just get wired in an do this.

Gerrrrrrintaethuuuuummmmmm Rangers.

He's an utter wankspangle!! Fucking raging listening to him bad mouth our captain.

He is correct in that it's time for him to win trophies. It's expected that all Rangers captain's lift major honours.

Where he is wrong though is talking about being there for 5 years. We have only just become competitive this season.

However thst being said. If we fail to win anything this season folk will rightly question guys like Tav being a natural born leader for the club. Therefore, let's put that issue to bed today.

He is correct in that it's time for him to win trophies. It's expected that all Rangers captain's lift major honours.

Where he is wrong though is talking about being there for 5 years. We have only just become competitive this season.

However thst being said. If we fail to win anything this season folk will rightly question guys like Tav being a natural born leader for the club.

we played a cup final where he was garbage against hibs

Aribo and Arfield? Two absolute passengers in most games they have played this season, hope I'm proven wrong but that does not fill me with confidence. Arfield has improved a little of late and likes the battle against Broon, so hopefully he's right on him. Aribo needs to show up, hopefully he's further forward and Arfield deeper.

They've obviously gone for pace in their attack, which isn't a great surprise to be honest. It might actually suit Goldson and Helander if we are pushed back and sitting deep for spells in the match.

Kent will be the match-winner for us either through his goals or from setting up Alfie.

Gerrard mentioned after the Hearts game that he thought constant switching of Aribo and Arfield on the right of the attack 'worked well'. I thought Aribo was much better when he came deep after the substitutions but I wonder if Stevie G is going to try that same tactic today?

However thst being said. If we fail to win anything this season folk will rightly question guys like Tav being a natural born leader for the club. Therefore, let's put that issue to bed today.

He can shove the serial loser comment right up his fucking farter.

So no Davis. Glad to see Aribo in the team ahead of Ojo (and Arfield moving back perhaps). Big game for Aribo, he has the talent to destroy them if he's up for it.

Interesting teams from both sides with players missing. Midfield is a major battle for us. Let's get in to them.

Back