Worried about Thursday after some players reactions.

Super Ally Does It Again

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.

I'm not fussed about Europe just now ( the money helps, I understand that) all I want is the league title.

My fear is if we don’t go through the season will get away from us quickly Motherwell will be a horrible game to play on Sunday and we all know we can’t really slip up if we want to win the league as giving them a 4/5 point lead at the break will be hard to claw back

It’s not Thursday I’m worried about to be honest it’s Motherwell and / or Hibs where I can see this taking its toll....both physically and mentally.

We’re one or two injuries away from another disaster at the San Giro....

I always said we’ll know by January where we are but it’s going to take 4 wins in row to convince me we can challenge them for the title....

Last edited:
I think we'll do ok in Europe. In all honesty I'm worried about next weekend more. We really need something to fall our way this month, a bit of luck ie them slipping up. We are slap bang in the middle of a horrendous schedule that sees us play 7 out of 9 away from home, with Motherwell (probably tougher than Aberdeen), Hibs and them away still. They also have an extra game , should they win will make things look worse. Need someone to take points of them before they meet us. Just to add and I don't want to sound paranoid but they'd be shouting from the roof top if the were dealt the fixture schedule we have.

It’s not Thursday I’m worried about to be honest it’s Motherwell and Hibs where I can see this taking its toll....both physically and mentally.

We’re one or two injuries away from another disaster at the San Giro....

I always said we’ll know by January where we are but it’s going to take 4 wins in row to convince me we can challenge them for the title....

That is absolutely what I’m getting at if we don’t get the result on Thursday Motherwell will kick lumps out of us and Hibs are on the up to dismiss any worry is silly by some imo.

I have a feeling we'll be fine on Thursday.

The best thing for those players is to have such an important game so soon.

If they channel the anger and disappointment in the right way it could see us champions come May.

Motherwell on Sunday is more important to the success of our club and given their current form I think it’s going to be a really tricky game.

YB I’m actually quite confident about.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.
I'd be more encouraged by their reaction to Wednesday night, putting in a performance like that yesterday.

Stevie G is about to find out just how much our players want it and if they have the desired winners attitude required. We either kick on or crumble.

at Ibrox, big occassion in the off chance they are so devastated we could lift their spirits if we turn up on thursday night and support them but they wont even need that , they will be up for it

Don't see them being upset after yesterday as a problem for Thursday. A totally understandable reaction. I'd have been more concerned if they walked off not bothered. The squad will be right up for it on Thursday night and beyond, I've no doubt.

They are grown men. As I said yesterday with regards to some of our fellow supporter's reactions. They need to put their big boy pants, hold their head up & stick their chest out.

You can be forgiven for yesterday. We battered them & luck wasn't on our side. However, feel sorry for ourselves & get turned over on Thurs is not forgivable. We should be using yesterday as a major source of motivation, not crying about it.

Our manager said it was his job to get the players ready for Thursday. If you watched the way their goalie was celebrating at the end he knew that he played out of this world.

I'd be more encouraged by their reaction to Wednesday night, putting in a performance like that yesterday.
Very good point.

There was the usual widespread hysteria on here after Wednesday night and despite a poor second half at Pittodrie we turned up and played well yesterday for large periods of the game. Some bad finishing, bad luck and bad officiating cost us.

I have every confidence the management team will have the team physically and mentally prepared for Thursday.

What’s he saying that’s wrong?
Twice you have swerved the subject anything to add why you’re not worried or you just happy being a ....

You genuinely wanting me to repeat what most responders have already told you?
You're transferring your own lack of mental fortitude onto professional football players, our manager and management team. That's what's wrong. You didn't think it through.
I am one of the biggest critics of our mentality on here when I believe it to be deserved. Yesterday we were strong. The emotional reaction at FT was not down to weakness, or feeling sorry for ourselves, it was down to frustration.

I honestly think we'll take 3 or 4 off Young boys on Thursday.

Its domestically I'm worried about this month.

You're transferring your own lack of mental fortitude onto professional football players, our manager and management team. That's what's wrong. You didn't think it through.
I am one of the biggest critics of our mentality on here when I believe it to be deserved. Yesterday we were strong. The emotional reaction at FT was not down to weakness, or feeling sorry for ourselves, it was down to frustration.

Why not just say that instead of being a tool about it?

That doesn’t mean if we go out on Thursday and subsequently drop points at Motherwell than the season isn’t hanging by a thread. I think that’s what the guy was getting at unless I’m mistaken.

Back