Murdo Fraser writes to Humza re 'hanging effigies'

A mate has been chasing PS for info on this, he is getting the run around from them, same with a FOI request. They are insisting on an incident report reference number before proceeding. Latest is he has asked the Lord Advocate's office to provide the ref number, since they initiated the investigation.
His MSP is also now involved.

A mate has been chasing PS for info on this, he is getting the run around from them, same with a FOI request. They are insisting on an incident report reference number before proceeding. Latest is he has asked the Lord Advocate's office to provide the ref number, since they initiated the investigation.
His MSP is also now involved.

Good to hear. This scandal should see Humza out, the corruption in his department is obvious.

Your opinion could also be read as a fact, you ain't wrong mate.
I waiting to see a leprechaun mascot beating a rangers mascot at half time in the piggery and all the mhedia and SNP saying what a great laugh Celtic showing what a light hearted club they are. Country has went to shit, I was going to say dogs but I love my dogs

Find below communication from my MP Gavin Newlands who I contacted to convey my disgust and disappointment that PS had ‘lost’ vital evidence re the effigies.
Credit where due, he did follow up, albeit eventually, and you can see the response he got from the Lord Advocates Office.
States there is an investigation into the loss and he will be updated when that’s completed.
Keep the pressure on !

Dear ALP,

As you may recall, you had written to Gavin on 23rd June regarding an incident at a football match in September 2016 which had been investigated by Police Scotland and Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) but which had resulted in no action beyond the original deserted trial of September 2018.

Gavin had written to the Lord Advocate as the responsible authority heading up the COPFS outlining your concerns and raising the points in your original email.

We have now received a response from the Lord Advocate and I have attached a copy of his reply to this email. I have also attached a copy of Gavin's original letter to the Lord Advocate for your information.

As you can see from the reply, there is a current police investigation in relation to this matter and the Lord Advocate will update Gavin further when this investigation is concluded.

I hope this helps. If we can of any further assistance on this or any other matter please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Mackie
Constituency Support Manager for
Gavin Newlands MP
Paisley and Renfrewshire North

I wrote to Jackson Carlaw last weekend but no reply as yet. Does anyone know how long they usually take to respond, or do they wait until they have had a response?
Ages t months it took my mp Fulton McGregor andd he did not send my request to useless as requested but to crown office
.Have pulled him up and told him get it sent to useless I will also now be emailing him on Monday about the 8 t-shirt mob

Story in the Record today about one of those charged.

Celtic fan cleared of hanging Rangers effigies fined for punching Airdrie fan

Kieran Carvill was previously charged after blow-up dolls dressed as Gers fans were hung from the stand at an Old Firm game.

A Celtic fan once cleared of hanging effigies at an Old Firm game has been fined £400 for attacking another football supporter.

Kieran Carvill punched an Airdrie fan before a Scottish Cup tie between the clubs at Parkhead in January this year.

The 19-year-old pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to assaulting the man, who has not been traced.

Carvill, of the city's Pollok, was one of nine Celtic fans acquitted last year of hanging the blow up dolls at a game against Rangers in September 2016.

The case was thrown out by a sheriff after a two-year wait.

This latest incident at the cup tie sparked further disturbance among other fans who also started fighting.

Paul Kavanagh, defending, said the unknown man had attacked Carvill first.

Mr Kavanagh added: “He didn’t know if it was Airdrie or Celtic fans.

“He was walking on London Road to get a ticket and had to go past the away fans. There were supporters fighting amongst themselves.

“While wearing no colours he was punched by the unknown man and when Mr Carvill saw him again he went up to him.”

Sheriff Barry Divers reduced the fine from £450.

Where do they get this 'acquitted' line from?

Kieran Carvill was previously charged after blow-up dolls dressed as Gers fans were hung from the stand at an Old Firm game.

A Celtic fan once cleared of hanging effigies at an Old Firm game has been fined £400 for attacking another football supporter.

Kieran Carvill punched an Airdrie fan before a Scottish Cup tie between the clubs at Parkhead in January this year.

The 19-year-old pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to assaulting the man, who has not been traced.

Carvill, of the city's Pollok, was one of nine Celtic fans acquitted last year of hanging the blow up dolls at a game against Rangers in September 2016.

This latest incident at the cup tie sparked further disturbance among other fans who also started fighting.

“He was walking on London Road to get a ticket and had to go past the away fans. There were supporters fighting amongst themselves.

“While wearing no colours he was punched by the unknown man and when Mr Carvill saw him again he went up to him.”

I answered that story on twitter yesterday and asked the same thing. I asked why missing/dumped evidence and a trail collapsing due to this meant this bigot was acquitted and cleared of the allegations and charges?

A CATHOLIC monk who electrocuted and tortured kids at a residential school had fresh abuse charges dropped over prosecution paperwork bungles.

Michael Murphy, 85, was due to face trial this year after 12 boys claimed the monster subjected them to a sickening catalogue of attacks, including some more than 50 years ago.

But charges against the former teacher — caged for seven years in 2016 — were axed after Crown officials failed three times to correct a wrong date on the court indictment.

There needs to be a proper enquiry into how often 'mix ups' and 'missing evidence' happens when catholics are facing the dock

I Watched a doc a couple of weeks ago it is called 2 Catalonias , it gives the the Catalonian Spanish who wish too remain as well as the separatist,s case, the simalarities between the Howlers in Scotland and the Catalans is uncanny same tactics, same shoutie shout their opponents down harrassment bully noy tactics, before i watched this my opinion was that most Catalans want Indie , NOT TRUE

I Watched a doc a couple of weeks ago it is called 2 Catalonias , it gives the the Catalonian Spanish who wish too remain as well as the separatist,s case, the simalarities between the Howlers in Scotland and the Catalans is uncanny same tactics, same shoutie shout their opponents down harrassment bully noy tactics, before i watched this my opinion was that most Catalans want Indie , NOT TRUE
That's was the impression I had too Bazil until I seen the pro Spain rallies in Catalonia,they were massive.
Wish we could have something the same here. I'm not saying every 2nd week like that auob cabal,but a one off,be it in Edinburgh or Glasgow

Last edited:

The thing is "HE WASN'T CLEARED",they lost the fkn evidence,how to spin a story ffs.

Ages t months it took my mp Fulton McGregor andd he did not send my request to useless as requested but to crown office
.Have pulled him up and told him get it sent to useless I will also now be emailing him on Monday about the 8 t-shirt mob

Is that the 8 identified wearing IRA t'shirts at the piggery ID? I posted a thread about it recently?

Great work @Albert left peg keep us appraised of progress. ;)

Find below communication from my MP Gavin Newlands who I contacted to convey my disgust and disappointment that PS had ‘lost’ vital evidence re the effigies.
Credit where due, he did follow up, albeit eventually, and you can see the response he got from the Lord Advocates Office.
States there is an investigation into the loss and he will be updated when that’s completed.
Keep the pressure on !

Dear ALP,

As you may recall, you had written to Gavin on 23rd June regarding an incident at a football match in September 2016 which had been investigated by Police Scotland and Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) but which had resulted in no action beyond the original deserted trial of September 2018.

Gavin had written to the Lord Advocate as the responsible authority heading up the COPFS outlining your concerns and raising the points in your original email.

We have now received a response from the Lord Advocate and I have attached a copy of his reply to this email. I have also attached a copy of Gavin's original letter to the Lord Advocate for your information.

As you can see from the reply, there is a current police investigation in relation to this matter and the Lord Advocate will update Gavin further when this investigation is concluded.

I hope this helps. If we can of any further assistance on this or any other matter please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Mackie
Gavin Newlands MP

Was the case deserted either by:

Desert pro loco et tempore To stop the particular indictment or summary complaint proceeding further without the facts being determined.

Desert simpliciter To bring prosecution for a crime or offence on indictment or summary complaint to an end without the facts being determined.

What exactly does discontinuance in this case mean?

Definition. Discontinuance means termination of a lawsuit by the plaintiff. It is the voluntary termination of litigation by plaintiff or by both parties by settlement.

That means the plaintiff - the person or group who is accusing the mentally challengeds of inciting trouble - agreed to the case being dropped. FFS, they were claiming that a law was broken, and were in court to present an open and shut case. Surely with the huge amount of reports, eye witness accounts, photographs, TV images etc. it was up to the defendants to prove the accusation wrong - no way was there insufficient evidence here.

The stench in Scotland these days is fucking unreal.

Keep the pressure on !

Dear ALP,

Best wishes,

Jonathan Mackie
Gavin Newlands MP

Was the case deserted either by:

Desert pro loco et tempore To stop the particular indictment or summary complaint proceeding further without the facts being determined.

Desert simpliciter To bring prosecution for a crime or offence on indictment or summary complaint to an end without the facts being determined.

What exactly does discontinuance in this case mean?

Definition. Discontinuance means termination of a lawsuit by the plaintiff. It is the voluntary termination of litigation by plaintiff or by both parties by settlement.

That means the plaintiff - the person or group who is accusing the mentally challengeds of inciting trouble - agreed to the case being dropped. FFS, they were claiming that a law was broken, and were in court to present an open and shut case. Surely with the huge amount of reports, eye witness accounts, photographs, TV images etc. it was up to the defendants to prove the accusation wrong - no way was there insufficient evidence here.

The stench in Scotland these days is fucking unreal.

Albertz Left Peg / George Goudie

As expected I've seen no update on the "investigation" ongoing on the loss of evidence in this case. Hav eeither of you heard anything?

Now if Humza had put some of the ankle bracelets he ordered without telling any Msp's and had them put on those blow up dolls, they wouldn't have lost them.

As expected I've seen no update on the "investigation" ongoing on the loss of evidence in this case. Hav eeither of you heard anything?
The investigation has been completed. Nobody at fault, procedures tightened, blah blah.
I've got the reply, but for some reason can't C+P the pdf file.

It was the defence who was insisting on the CCTV being used according to this letter. It seems they have played this card after the footage went missing.

Perhaps there is collusion/corruption from that angle rather than out and out blaming the PF deputes themselves or (police who didn't have the disc and couldn't get to it once it is at the PF office) both of whom could've done a million other things before charging/prosecuting these clowns to make it go away.

"The Defence" for the Green Brigade is Kavanagh. I'd be surprised if he didn't have plants working for him in the PF office. We know the Green Brigade (despite their character) isn't all east end scheme rats and their members will undoubtedly have family and friends in professions like the law.

I think it's much more likely that the lawyer who is defending them or his clients have the contacts who could make something like this happen. Whether or not there is a willingness to expose that corruption or they've just not been rumbled yet is another matter.

It was the defence who was insisting on the CCTV being used according to this letter. It seems they have played this card after the footage went missing.

Perhaps there is collusion/corruption from that angle rather than out and out blaming the PF deputes themselves or (police who didn't have the disc and couldn't get to it once it is at the PF office) both of whom could've done a million other things before charging/prosecuting these clowns to make it go away.

"The Defence" for the Green Brigade is Kavanagh. I'd be surprised if he didn't have plants working for him in the PF office. We know the Green Brigade (despite their character) isn't all east end scheme rats and their members will undoubtedly have family and friends in professions like the law.

I think it's much more likely that the lawyer who is defending them or his clients have the contacts who could make something like this happen. Whether or not there is a willingness to expose that corruption or they've just not been rumbled yet is another matter.
If the item has been stolen then it is a serious crime.

I don't believe you can just lose evidence.

How would that even happen?
My work has both an internal and external audit team and we get hassled for backing up everything we do so I really cant accept that the police don't have something more strict considering the sensitivity of their work.

Isn't it a legal requirement to have a recorded chain of custody for evidence?

Not a thing Ross. :(

I still maintain that there's a massive cloaked blanket round one or 2 of these individuals. Their names are linked to senior figures.

Absolutely certain of it.

Most likely moved from its correct location and buried somewhere within the same facility that holds evidence. It will turn up months / years down the line when it will be too late.

Another honest mistake from the establishment.
The reply received from the Solicitor General implied as much. It said that the evidence was not available at the trial, and hinted it may have resurfaced since then.

Most likely moved from its correct location and buried somewhere within the same facility that holds evidence. It will turn up months / years down the line when it will be too late.

Another honest mistake from the establishment.
I don't believe it is possible to do that.
Ffsake, Scotland has only a population of five million and it doesn't actually increase during the day.
London has a population double that and it swells hugely on any given day of the week, and yet you couldn't bury an item like this so successfully inside Met 'facilities'!
Indeed someone would be disciplined or prosecuted if this happened in London.
So I am simply not buying this.

there's plenty of these pictures all over social media
Of course, these items are usually copied profusely and the copies get given to the defence and in a matter like this, the defence can often be separate for each individual so numerous copies are needed.
When it comes to court, there is no need to play the original.
Unless there would be an issue with the footage copied and supplied to the defence, which would be unusual, outside of fiction on the telly.
There should have been an application from the prosecution to have allowed secondary copied images to be produced as evidence and a debate over whether the original video evidence being lost harmed the defence, which should have been sweated through legal argument.
I am not convinced that the seemingly weak surrender by the prosecution doesn't accord with the rest of the entire corrupt debacle that hangs over this case.

Humza pish should be investigated surely....? Tim rippin out him..!
HUMZAuselessyousaf.jpg

You reckon?

Only in Scotland.

That photo sums up what a shit hole Scotland has become. Imagine having a tramp like that in high office. And there are Bears vote for him and his cronies. Unbelievable.
Pin a yellow rosette on a tin of dog food and the cretins up here would still vote for it (as long as there was no ‘Butcher’s Apron’ on it), it would end up as Education Minister.

I think it’s worth pointing out that the effigies were hung from the opposite end of the ground from the Green Brigade.

Back