Updates to RTV

Personally I would simply have emailed them and told them you no longer use your registered email address. There's a risk now you may have 2 x active subscriptions is there not?
Ive emailed to ask if my old sub is still active, if ive two ill get them to cancel this new one.

They haven't told us you need to put your card details in there. Not yet anyway so, to be fair, I don't think it is essential. When they move us monthly subscribers to their 'new' - and no doubt more expensive package - I suspect we will need to enter them. I've stuck mine in for ease but there was no prompt to do so.

I had an online issue at Christmas as well, thanks to the Mrs buying stuff from a 'dodgy' Chinese site. They tried to take 4 x £55 debits in the space of 20 seconds before Santander - God bless them - fraud algorithm kicked in and blocked the card. Otherwise, goodness knows how much would have gone. Got everything back thank thankfully.

Apologies if I'm being a bit thick here but this is my current situation.
I ran CCleaner, cleared everything out and then fired up Brave.
Opened tv.rangers.co.uk and signed in. My account says I have a subscription until August 2020.
When I click on the 'View Now' link to see the interview with Scott Arfield I get the "Join RTV to continue" "You can subscribe for £6 a month" etc. window.
Any ideas?

@Valley Bluenose

Hi mate, see the top right hand side of the screen where it say 'RTV Log In' when I hover over it, the box goes red but I cannot select it. I'm went through the registration but it still doesn't allow me to 'Log In'?

Any clues mate?

Goes red when I hover over it as well, so that's intended. When I click on it I get the login dialogue box though. No idea what the issue could be. I suggest the old favourite - close down the page, clear cache/delete cookies, fire up the page and try again.

Opened tv.rangers.co.uk and signed in. My account says I have a subscription until August 2020.
When I click on the 'View Now' link to see the interview with Scott Arfield I get the "Join RTV to continue" "You can subscribe for £6 a month" etc. window.
Any ideas?

Not a clue. I don't have Brave. Running CCleaner should not have stymied you, I use it regularly. I have tried playing videos on pc using Edge and Firefox and both were fine. I've tried on both iPad and iPhone using Safari and both played fine - though on iPad I had to enlarge the player in order to get audio.

I only get the screen you mentioned if I haven't logged in. Try logging out, closing down Brave, clearing cache/cookies again, then log in and see if it works.

Any ideas?
I just did exactly the same as you (and am not using the VPN) and it's fine. When I click on 'account' I get:

Package
Rangers TV Annual - Unlimited (hidden legacy £193.90)Expires on 22 Aug 2020
What do you see when you click on Account?

Mac and Safari - have deletes cookies, still cant logout and when I try logging in repeatedly to watch Tashkent highlights with vpn on, keep getting told subscribe the RTV. My account corns my annual sub is still live till July 2020.

Going to load up Chrome see if that helps, ailing that dog out my old Win 10 laptop !

At the moment, not confident of seeing tonight s game. Its going to be a pure count for those logging on later unaware of this shitfest.

I worry over so many people re-registering as a 'quick fix'. There's a risk there that you will have 2 live subscriptions I reckon.

Reactions: BWO
I just did exactly the same as you (and am not using the VPN) and it's fine. When I click on 'account' I get:

Package
Rangers TV Annual - Unlimited (hidden legacy £193.90)Expires on 22 Aug 2020
What do you see when you click on Account?

I see this
Rangers TV Annual - Standard (£60)Expires on 26 Aug 2020

The whole operation really is amateur hour. They need to hire an experienced video director who can go in there and build a proper team — a PM, a couple of tech guys — that knows what they're doing. It isn't even a hard fix, really.

For anyone going through the password reset process - be sure you check your Junk Mail folders, that's where the email to reset my password went to.

I got it in seconds. It did go to Junk Mail folder though. Have a check in there.
They responded when I emailed them from gmail. At the moment the problem is my hotmail address isn't receiving the link, checked spam filters. I've emailed them back as it was the instructions from the website.
Just got their response from gmail into my hotmail inbox. They reset the password for me, all sorted. Thanks for all the help you give to the troops.

Mac and Safari - have deletes cookies, still cant logout and when I try logging in repeatedly to watch Tashkent highlights with vpn on, keep getting told subscribe the RTV. My account corns my annual sub is still live till July 2020.

Going to load up Chrome see if that helps, ailing that dog out my old Win 10 laptop !

At the moment, not confident of seeing tonight s game. Its going to be a pure count for those logging on later unaware of this shitfest.
The Opera browser has a built in vpn and works flawlessly for me. Definitely worth checking out. also on a Mac.

Also worth adding that any Mac user who is having safari auto set a password and who wants to cut and paste from the safari password preferences page into another browser; the password is no longer linked to the RangersTV website. It is linked to streamamg.com

Updated my details an hour ago and to be honest was surprised to see this thread. Utterly painless process for me. Enter email I had registered the account with, received the password reset email and created a new password. Logged in and can see my account details, subscription active, etc. No issue whatsoever.

Good luck to those trying to sort out their issues though. Hopefully everyone gets sorted before tonight’s game.

Just got a reply from support here is what they said I was using a MacBook with Safari
Did you clear the cache and data?

If you are using an Apple product, the software is preventing some users with having "website: prevent cross-site tracking" setting enabled. If you un-tick this it should work.

This can be found in Settings - Privacy

1. In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
  2. Select “Prevent cross-site tracking.”

Last edited:
Same issue with me but hit reset password , didn't get anything through the first time but tried it again and did come through to my junk folder.

Since been able to sign in with no issues

Nice.

Account not recognised even though I’ve spent hundreds on RTV, therefore not classed as a legacy subscriber so they expect me To pay the new higher price.

Yeah, no thanks. One way to lose a customer and they’ve nailed it.

Just got a reply from support here is what they said I was using a MacBook with Safari
Did you clear the cache and data?

If you are using an Apple product, the software is preventing some users with having "website: prevent cross-site tracking" setting enabled. If you un-tick this it should work.

This can be found in Settings - Privacy

I have no idea if it will solve the issues some are having but that's a great bit of news to disseminate to our Mac users so they can try the 'fix'. Thank you.

Re-registered rather than simply resetting your password to get into your existing account? There should be no need for anyone to actually re-register and set up a new account. If its an old email address RangersTV hold for you simply contact them and explain that.

Spoke to the support team and they are claiming my accounts subscription had expired before the migration which triggers the need to re-sign up for the whole service.

Seems a bit messy and it looks like a lot of others are in the same boat.
This is the situation I'm in. I've respectfully asked that they either reactivate my existing package or allow me to re-register at the previously agreed price. An extra £7 a month is not a small increase.

Any ideas?

Have you been logged back out, can you screen shot the screen "join RTV"

Updated my details an hour ago and to be honest was surprised to see this thread. Utterly painless process for me. Enter email I had registered the account with, received the password reset email and created a new password. Logged in and can see my account details, subscription active, etc. No issue whatsoever.

Good luck to those trying to sort out their issues though. Hopefully everyone gets sorted before tonight’s game.

Same here, hit log in, didn't recognise my user name (expected), put my email address in and it told me to reset with the original email, all done in under 1 min

My reset email took about 20 mins to arrive, but apart from that all went smoothly.

The real test will be tonight

That doesnt mean anything mate. I bought the package 'in' the UK.

The VPN was only needed for games, we'll find out tonight, though the the player looks the same.

You need to have the VPN on now before you can even purchase the game mate. If you don't have the VPN on and are in the UK then you don't even see the option to purchase the match or to purchase any of the 'overseas' subscriptions. Looks like that is one of the changes made.

That’s mines up and running so far so good had to wait a wee while for the password reset email to come through have watched the training video through Apple TV but they always worked ok it’s just the live games that never so fingers crossed that’s been sorted out.

That doesnt mean anything mate. I bought the package 'in' the UK.

The VPN was only needed for games, we'll find out tonight, though the the player looks the same.
Yes. The VPN WAS only needed to view games. One thing we've learned from today is that the VPN is need even if all you want to do is buy a game or to see various purchase options such as buy an annual 'full fat' subscription.

OK - just been through it so here's how it went for me.

1. Click on the link below and attempt to login to your RangersTV account AS NORMAL (the login bit is top right on the screen - except on iPhone, where it is top left).

2. Once you've entered your NORMAL login and password it will take you to a new page saying you need to login using your EMAIL address and password. Do so.

3. A new page comes up saying you need to reset your password and asks you to enter your email address. I guess this needs to be the one RangersTV have on record for you. It says if you no longer have access to your registered email address then you need to contact them (I did make a post yesterday suggesting folk update their email address with RangersTV but it didn't garner much attention). You DID make sure you updated your RangersTV details when you got that new email address, didn't you?;)

4. Enter your email address and request the password reset. You will get an email with a link to reset your password. Be sure to check your Junk Mail folder, that's where mine went.

5. Reset your password. If you want to, it will let you use the same password as you used previously.

6. Once logged in you will see your subscription listed - but no card details to make payments. It should also say when, and how much, the next payment is.

7. I suggest you update your card details by entering them.

8. Probably makes sense to then update your personal details and select the box about emails from RangersTV in the future.

9. Logout and then login in again - just to make sure everything is OK - and then logout again.

10. Job done.

EDIT 1: Every video is playing fine for me on desktop pc using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. No lag or slow loading pages on wifi.

EDIT 2: Just tried on iPad using Safari as well. Everything works fine on that as well...except I had to enlarge the video to full screen in order to get the audio on it. No lag or slow loading pages (on wifi). Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out. Bizarre.

EDIT 3: Tried on iPhone now and everything is working fine there as well, on Safari. No lag or slow-loading pages on wifi, though given the large number of images on each page it might be slower on mobile. Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out.

EDIT 4: When purchasing individual matches now you need to go to the Subscribe page and the match will be listed there. You now need to have your VPN switched ON in order to purchase an individual match, or indeed, an overseas package. If you don't, you wont even be offered the option to purchase as far as I can see.

Any advice mate? I have tried logging in with email and it is telling me that the email is not recognised.. tried numerous times now (on FireFox)... each time, same message.
Tried with old username as well, but nothing works.

That’s mines up and running so far so good had to wait a wee while for the password reset email to come through have watched the training video through Apple TV but they always worked ok it’s just the live games that never so fingers crossed that’s been sorted out.

If it doesn't work tonight then I'm still holding out hope that the dedicated iOS app will sort it, fingers crossed.

You need to have the VPN on now before you can even purchase the game mate. If you don't have the VPN on and are in the UK then you don't even see the option to purchase the match or to purchase any of the 'overseas' subscriptions. Looks like that is one of the changes made.
I think a lot of blokes are waiting on one of your very helpful RTV FAQ guides, mate! Or at least an update to the last one.

This is the reply I got from them just now - at least they replied quickly but their process here is poor and now expecting me to pay extra as a new customer?

Thank you for emailing in.

** Payment System Upgrade Info **

RangersTV has recently been re-launched and re-branded. As a result of this change, it has required a migration of all existing subscribers to a new payment platform.

For security purposes when logging into RangersTV for the first time, since the upgrade and from any devices all supporters will be required to set a new password. Please use the following link - Password Reset

If you had a package that had expired before this migration, you need to re-sign back up for the service.To re-subscribe to RangersTV. please click on the following link and follow the instructions on the page and select the package you wish to purchase -
Subscribe here!

If you need any more help, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Back