Updates to RTV

Camy

Sounds promising! Site definitely needed a revamp so hopefully it will match the quality of content.

jabwatp

Got an email too, currently on the £5 per month option, decent value, but definitely needs an upgrade, hopefully not looking for silly prices though.

bobally

All payments will be cancelled and you will have to resubcribe? Am I reading that right?

Recoba

Official Ticketer
As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.

wsb&warmy

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.​

Commentator

Is it just me who reads that as "your subs are increasing but not to worry as it'll still come out on the same day"?

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Is it just me who reads that as "your subs are increasing but not to worry as it'll still come out on the same day"?
I'm not sure mate im reading it as everything will remain the same but not to worry if you get an email saying your sub has been cancelled.

The only thing we have to do is update our passwords but they will promt us to do so once everything is ready

Commentator

I'm not sure mate im reading it as everything will remain the same but not to worry if you get an email saying your sub has been cancelled.

The only thing we have to do is update our passwords but they will promt us to do so once everything is ready
It's because they specifically mentioned the 'same day' but excluded 'same amount'. I'd be prepared to sacrifice the apparently tremendous benefit of same day for the same cost, or lower.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
It's because they specifically mentioned the 'same day' but excluded 'same amount'. I'd be prepared to sacrifice the apparently tremendous benefit of same day for the same cost, or lower.
I think they would have said by now if it was increasing mate, we will just have to wait and see but i think it will remain the same.

PeterM86

cant wait to see the new updates and good you can update the way you pay for it

Last edited:

TwoBadMice

Does this mean the actual streaming service will be improved or just the layout of the website platform and Apps?

Marcellus Wallace

Any mention of chromecast or some mechanism to transfer from iPhone to a smart tv? I’m pretty sure that was promised before the end of 2019.

BrooklynBlue

As a 'loyal RTV subscriber', I didnt get any email either. Maybe they've worked out I'm one of the number who's been giving them abuse on here for the quality of their live feeds. I've been sticking up for Tom Miller though...surely that must count for something ;)
It's just odd. I've never had an RTV email. Even when my yearly subscription is expiring, I don't get a reminder - I only find out when I sign in for a game.

Valley Bluenose

As a 'loyal RTV subscriber', I didnt get any email either. Maybe they've worked out I'm one of the number who's been giving them abuse on here for the quality of their live feeds. I've been sticking up for Tom Miller though...surely that must count for something ;)
For those who ‘appear’ to have not received the email - check your Junk Mail folder, as that’s where mine ended up. Email was sent at 1407hrs but I’ve only just discovered it LOL.

Valley Bluenose

I had some correspondence with them back in December regarding subs. I was told that they were reviewing the use of WorldPay Shopper to collect the subs. Switching your card used for payment with WorldPay was a nightmare and, for most, required cancelling your subscription and taking out a new one. The fact this will now be easier is not only welcome but suggests a move away from WorldPay.

I guess it is that which is behind the cancellation of subs but then their continuing collection on the same date (with the new provider?).

Valley Bluenose

It's just odd. I've never had an RTV email. Even when my yearly subscription is expiring, I don't get a reminder - I only find out when I sign in for a game.
Weird you haven’t received it. I am a monthly subscriber but you’d expect the email to go to ALL subscribers. Possibly sending them out in batches?

colin stein 9

You'd think they might just drop a quick note, though. I guess my purchase history indicates I'll buy anyway.

No email in junk folder yet. Maybe it's only gone to monthly subscribers.
Weird you haven’t received it. I am a monthly subscriber but you’d expect the email to go to ALL subscribers. Possibly sending them out in batches?
I’m an annual subscriber and no email yet (including junk folder)

Valley Bluenose

I’m an annual subscriber and no email yet (including junk folder)
As I suggested, possibly going out in batches. Maybe monthly subscribers first - which will be the majority. Either way, today’s email is in this thread and I’m sure any others will be posted as well. I’d expect them to post instructions on the website when appropriate also mate.