Updates to RTV

I was paying with that awful WorldPay system on the old platform. I'm assuming that they are going to stop taking payments from that.
Anyway, I cancelled my WorldPay subscription (a bit fiddly) and updated the payment details on the account page of the new version. Please note that Paypal doesn't seem to be available, it sh@t the bed when I tried to sign up to it so just used my debit card for my next payment (early Feb).
They are aware of the Paypal issue

I have no idea if it will solve the issues some are having but that's a great bit of news to disseminate to our Mac users so they can try the 'fix'. Thank you.
Still doesn't work with Safari on a MacBook . It does load the page now but when you try playing a video it asks you to subscribe or login, even although already logged in. Just goes in a loop f you login again from the tab in the video. I'll stick to Chrome.

Update.
My issue is definitely Brave. Just rebooted the laptop, ran CCleaner, fired up Brave, signed in, click on 'Watch interview with Brandon Barker' and still have the previous issue. Do the exact same with Edge and the video plays.
If anyone is using Brave and not having an issue?

This is the reply I got from them just now - at least they replied quickly but their process here is poor and now expecting me to pay extra as a new customer?

Thank you for emailing in.

** Payment System Upgrade Info **

RangersTV has recently been re-launched and re-branded. As a result of this change, it has required a migration of all existing subscribers to a new payment platform.

For security purposes when logging into RangersTV for the first time, since the upgrade and from any devices all supporters will be required to set a new password. Please use the following link - Password Reset

If you had a package that had expired before this migration, you need to re-sign back up for the service.To re-subscribe to RangersTV. please click on the following link and follow the instructions on the page and select the package you wish to purchase -
Subscribe here!

If you need any more help, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

I think what they are referring to in their response is those users who's annual subscription has run out before the migration took place and those who were purchasing month-by-month (not the rolling monthly subscription) who's packages had expired before migration.

Its clear though that its not gone well for some for other reasons.

I am in now. Was just trying all sorts of differnet ways.
What worked for me was just going straight to the "subscribe to RTV" button and clicking that.. asked me to log in so used normal email and password and it let me in.

I think you will find that all you have done has used your previous credentials to register and it hasn't recognised you as an existing customer!

I've emailed them back on this, calling it unethical at best forcing people to register at a higher rate.

Looks like @Commentator was correct and prices have increased, at least for new subscribers. My account says legacy and my next payment is the same as it has always been. Let's see how long that lasts.

I think what they are referring to in their response is those users who's annual subscription has run out before the migration took place and those who were purchasing month-by-month (not the rolling monthly subscription) who's packages had expired before migration.

Its clear though that its not gone well for some for other reasons.

Yip, I was on the monthly abroad package, not the annual package and I could log in as recently as yesterday! They have made a bit of a mess of this it seems.

The new update looks excellent but what a shambles of a migration, on the day of a match.

For me, it didn't recognise my username or email when trying to log in or reset my password which surely means my account hasn't transferred. To test the theory I tried to register for RTV again using the same email address half expecting it to be blocked because the email address was already in use – it wasn't.

So now I've got two accounts with the same email address: one new one with no subscription and one that's floating around in the Bermuda triangle with my subscription.

Looks like the new update is live going by the way it looks when you go to the homepage.

However, it doesn't recognise my email address when logging in. Even though I double checked it yesterday to make sure that they had the correct email for me.

Looks as though tonight's game is on but hard to see how to purchase (I think).

The whole thing is a shambles, G-R. The same thing is happening with me. The e-mail address for customer support has changed - but they haven't updated it on the web page.

I had to phone them to get the new address. Sent the revised e-mail two hours ago. Still no answer.

For what it's worth, the new e-mail address is rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com.

Had no issues with it myself.

Have to say the new layout is night and day compared to the old one.

Sneaky price increase as well! For all the content you get on even the most basic £6/month subscription it is an absolute no brainer and really nothing to complain about.

I normally find that the vast majority of issues are user error however you get a few with a similar problem then suddenly it is Rangers fault. Been so long since I registered I had used my old email originally, tried the new email and within 30 seconds was up and running.

Edge is full of unnecessary shite. Ran it there to test RTV, that's all I did on it. CCleaner then shows 13 trackers and 133 Mb of Junk. That's ridiculous, not using it.
Is Chrome or Opera the Browser of choice for RTV? I have Surfshark so don't need Opera's in-built VPN.

Update.
My issue is definitely Brave. Just rebooted the laptop, ran CCleaner, fired up Brave, signed in, click on 'Watch interview with Brandon Barker' and still have the previous issue. Do the exact same with Edge and the video plays.
If anyone is using Brave and not having an issue?
Just logged in using updated details in Brave, but on iPhone. Took my log in and clicked on the Barker interview and it worked perfectly.

A word of warning.

When I received an email link to reset my password it directed me to http://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/reset/ etc. etc.

This is an unsecure web address so any password you enter will be visible over the internet which is something you definately don't want if you're on a public wifi hot spot. I manually changed the address to https://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/reset/ etc. etc. and it worked fine for me.

If anyone from RangersTV is reading this then PLEASE sort it out!!

I think you will find that all you have done has used your previous credentials to register and it hasn't recognised you as an existing customer!

I've emailed them back on this, calling it unethical at best forcing people to register at a higher rate.
This is more or less what I'm saying to them right now, their stance appears to be "nothing we can do". How can my package have expired if I was using it regularly and paying for in by DD every month? And if it did, why wasn't I told and given the opportunity to fix it?

I mean I'm happy paying for the content and knowing that it goes to the club, but this is a bit of a piss-take.

I will do one once things settle down a bit mate. TBH though, I often wonder if its worth the damned abuse you get simply for trying to help folk out.
It is a bit of a Sisyphean task given the number of devices/operating systems being used. A couple of tips from today: Use a VPN to buy games and note that matches are purchased in the 'Subscribe to RTV' tab.

I hadn't previously subscribed to RTV. I bought matches on a game by game basis. I re-registered wit RTV AND have taken out the annual subscription. I am in the UK and did all this with my VPN off. The options to listen or watch tonights game are greyed out. I turned on my VPN and it is still the same. I logged off and on from RTV and it's still the same. Does anyone know how to purchase the game?

I hadn't previously subscribed to RTV. I bought matches on a game by game basis. I re-registered wit RTV AND have taken out the annual subscription. I am in the UK and did all this with my VPN off. The options to listen or watch tonights game are greyed out. I turned on my VPN and it is still the same. I logged off and on from RTV and it's still the same. Does anyone know how to purchase the game?
I think it will stay grey up until near the kick off then it will change to active, it's the same for all of us.

*UPDATE*

I just went back in to the 'Subscribe to RTV' tab and the match is available to buy. The system must've needed a few minutes to sort itself out. Out of interest I switched my VPN off and the match is no longer there.

Still doesn't work with Safari on a MacBook . It does load the page now but when you try playing a video it asks you to subscribe or login, even although already logged in. Just goes in a loop f you login again from the tab in the video. I'll stick to Chrome.
Yes I tried it myself so I'm using Chrome instead of Safari and it works perfectly.

I watch games on a pay as you go basis so don't have a subscription.

Edge is full of unnecessary shite. Ran it there to test RTV, that's all I did on it. CCleaner then shows 13 trackers and 133 Mb of Junk. That's ridiculous, not using it.
Is Chrome or Opera the Browser of choice for RTV? I have Surfshark so don't need Opera's in-built VPN.

There's a new version of Edge about to be released that is based entirely on the Chrome infrastructure - Chromium Edge. Should be rolling out with the next set of Windows Updates.

I’m one of the ones that it didn’t have a record of my email at all. Been a subscriber for years. Anyway registered again and it wouldn’t let me choose the live match option. Just didn’t show it. I’m in the states just now so how come? I guess if you still use a UK based phone, your data must be getting sent back home first before going to the website. Turned on WiFi and tried again. Viola all the options were there for watching the matches.

So anyway, you’re going to need to turn on a vpn if your in the UK when you’re using the site in general.

*UPDATE*

I just went back in to the 'Subscribe to RTV' tab and the match is available to buy. The system must've needed a few minutes to sort itself out. Out of interest I switched my VPN off and the match is no longer there.

You need the VPN turned ON in order to purchase matches now. If you don't, then you wont even see the option to purchase.

I use chrome for all my streaming needs. Always find native browsers a bit pish.

I’ve got it for the old man in Belgium. I’ve just tried to sign in and have got the password reset. Says it’s sent me a mail but heehaw in either spam or inbox. The old man will be going tonto.

While this could be confusing, hopefully an indication that vpns will still work for the games!

Companies like Netflix have whole departments set up to prevent people using VPN’s and watching content not licensed for the area being watched in. Hopefully we have better things to spend our money on that stopping paying fans watching the game.

I have received nothing from Rangers TV about the update. However, having read this thread I logged into my account using my existing details. Worked fine. Asked me to change my password which I did using my registered email address. I looked at my account - it had my subscription details OK. So far, so good. But can anyone tell me how to logout? :) The button's still there but it doesn't do anything. Closing the tab doesn't shut down the account either. When I go back in, I'm still in My Account without needing to login. I read earlier someone suggested setting up credit card payment details. Forgive me if I pass meantime. I'll deal with payment when it arises. I don't trust a system that won't let me log out.

Back