Hartson calling the Manager a liar!

Ferguson and Kenny McIntyre were trying to put forward a case for Morelos but Hartson and Stewart kept shouting them down. Absolute disgraceful behaviour.

This is what Stewart does. When he is speaking he demands total silence and gets angry if anyone dares to interrupt him. When others are speaking he shouts over them and makes it impossible for them to get their point over. It's the old SNP tactic.

like the other thread he is trying to be controversial to stay relevant im not saying we should ignore him but the old saying if you give them enough rope

John Hartson insists Rangers and Steven Gerrard should be ashamed of defending striker Alfredo Morelos for his gesture against Celtic.

The Ibrox striker made a now notorious 'game over' sign as he was walking off the pitch after his red card in the New Year derby.

Rangers insisted Morelos' reaction was a commonly used gesture in South America, meaning the match was over as the Light Blues claimed a 2-1 victory at Parkhead.

However, Celtic fans have been critical of his actions with many claiming he was making a 'throat cutting' gesture instead.

Morelos was not retrospectively punished for his actions but the Ibrox club were hit with an SFA rap for their coaching staff's behaviour in the game, as well as another flashpoint against Hibs at Easter Road.

Rangers said they were 'astounded' by the charges and claimed they are being judged by a different set of rules.

Former Celtic striker Hartson went to Twitter this weekend to show his disapproval with Rangers' response, saying it was 'morally dreadful'.

And asked if he stands by his comments, he told BBC Sportsound: "Yes. One million per cent. I am astounded that they are astounded by these charges.

"I have never liked that cut-throat reaction, I have never liked it.

"I think we all know what it means. It does not mean the game is finished alright, let me just put that one thing straight.

"What I would say is that there are people defending this person doing this gesture. Now I know you want to defend your player and I know you have to be seen backing your player.

"But I have always said, and I continue to say it, that gesture for me is a lot worse.

"Do you want kids in Scottish football, the under-11s and under-12s who idolise Morelos, do you want them coming off their games in a Sunday afternoon doing that gesture?

"I think the SFA are so inconsistent with their decision making and who gets banned."

Ex-Rangers player Derek Ferguson clashedwith Hartson on air and issued a strong defence for Morelos's actions.

He said: "A different culture, we talk about different languages from different cultures. Different gestures mean different things.

"So basically what John is saying Morelos is a liar and Rangers are lying.

"For me I believe the young man. There is a witch hunt, this is three weeks ago and it's still going on.

"If Morelos says that gesture means 'time up' then you've got to take it as that.

"In my opinion, there is a witch hunt."

Hartson responded: "Time up?! Time up?! That gesture is horrific, what are you talking about.

"The owners, the people who are paying his wages and backing him should be absolutely ashamed of themselves."

Hartson was then asked if Gerrard should also be 'ashamed' for defending the attacker.

He added: "Absolutely, if you are backing a player for that gesture. One million per cent.

"I can't believe anybody in the right frame of mind would defend somebody for that throat cut gesture."

A guy who sings the praises of child murderers is worried that children will copy Alfie's gesture?

So he's not keen on children mimicking Morelos but he's perfectly fine with them being blown up?

Peak mentally challenged.
He was also fine with kicking a team mate in the face during training. Cnut of the highest order.

I cannot believe they had that fat scumbag on again to discuss Morelos. He was on last Thursday calling him a monster and then continued ranting about him on twitter over the weekend. I switched the show on tonight and it's him and Michael Stewart going on about Morelos yet again. I lasted about one minute and had to switch off. You could hear the sheer venom in Hartson's voice as he ranted about Morelos and the ''gesture''.

It's a concerted campaign with these scumbags. Sutton led the way for the first two weeks after the Old Firm and the baton has now been passed on to scumbag Hartson.

A bit rich coming from Hartson.
Didn't he assault one of his own team-mates in training?

Hartson sounds like a man who is close to breaking point. The faux outrage is laughable. First it was the handshake which terribly upset him and now he's move onto Alfredo. He seems to have a real issue with Steven Gerrard. I suspect it's killing him seeing one of his idols (he's a liverpool man) and his former BT colleague rebuilding the club he loathes.

I’d just like to clarify something about this whole soap opera. Are these people with 100% shit for brains seriously suggesting that Alfie was threatening to slit the throat of several thousand of their supporters in that stand? Is that seriously the argument being made here?

Also, how many examples of people making this ‘obscene’ gesture have then ended up in court on a murder or attempted murder charge following the acting out of said ‘obscene’ and ‘violent’ gesture. I’d like to see that statistics on that one. Its all utterly hilarious, absolute desperation to get a top player banned. John Hartson was a fat thug throughout his career and not a particularly nice man off the pitch either. Ask his ex wife about that. He has no place commenting on anyone’s behaviour.

I’d just like to clarify something about this whole soap opera. Are these people with 100% shit for brains seriously suggesting that Alfie was threatening to slit the throat of several thousand of their supporters in that stand? Is that seriously the argument being made here?

Ally made that point on Premier Sports on Friday and how ridiculous it sounds. The answer is yes -- they are seriously suggesting Alfredo was threatening to slit their throats.

What the hell is this 1 million percent he's repeatedly mentioning. Is this the equivalent of Dembele percentages?

Last edited:
Back