Ayden Cochrane

I posted the other day trying to raise awareness for my cousins wee boy in his fight with cystic fibrosis

Sadly the wee man lost his fight yesterday

He was only 13 years old

Heartbreaking

Would be great if we could have an applause for the wee man on the 13th minute on Wednesday, would mean a lot

Take it easy son xxx

Read the news last night and my wife and I both shed a tear. Been keeping an eye on Ayden's progress on social media. Really sorry to hear the news.

It's a issue very close to my heart. My 26 month old boy, Brodie, was diagnosed with CF at just 3 weeks old. The first 16months were extremely challenging with a few hospital admissions; however, he was then given access to precision medicines - kalydeco. It has made a huge difference with his pancreas now working again and he is currently running around like a normal wee boy / full of energy. I am extremely hopeful these medicines and those in the pipeline will allow Brodie and another CF patients to live a full life.

Really hope the club get behind the minutes applause. Sorry for your loss. Lost for words.

I am positive i read that theres a new drug that can extend the lifespan.
More should be done with diseases like this , imo a lot are forgotten about and cancer pushed to the front of the que when charities / awareness are in the public eye.
The wee fella finally won the right to get the drug around January 18th, sadly it was too late. He fought so hard and was so brave for one so young.

Thoughts to the cochrane family at this time

R.I.P little fella

Read the news last night and my wife and I both shed a tear. Been keeping an eye on Ayden's progress on social media. Really sorry to hear the news.

It's a issue very close to my heart. My 26 month old boy, Brodie, was diagnosed with CF at just 3 weeks old. The first 16months were extremely challenging with a few hospital admissions; however, he was then given access to precision medicines - kalydeco. It has made a huge difference with his pancreas now working again and he is currently running around like a normal wee boy / full of energy. I am extremely hopeful these medicines and those in the pipeline will allow Brodie and another CF patients to live a full life.

Really hope the club get behind the minutes applause. Sorry for your loss. Lost for words.

Fingers crossed for you and your boy mate!

I hope you don’t have the medicine cupboards of drugs my cousins had/have.

The wee fella finally won the right to get the drug around January 18th, sadly it was too late. He fought so hard and was so brave for one so young.

Thoughts to the cochrane family at this time

R.I.P little fella
You shouldnt need to win the right to get the best drugs ,especially for weans.
Its hard enough when any of your kids are ill.
I would rather i pay for my presciptions and put the money to ones that really need it.

Awful news. As a parent myself, I can't even fathom the pain of losing a child. Thoughts are with you bud.

The worst experience a parent can endure is watching something they created pass away. I for one will be standing on the 13th minute.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. Read the story earlier and struggled to finish it. Sounds like Ayden was a brave and strong fighter to battle his condition so long.

Horrible news and especially when I thought he was going to receive treatment from the pharmaceutical company. RIP and condolences to his family and friends. 3 points for him tomorrow.

Was gutted reading this story last night. So so sad. I think losing one of my kids would absolutely break me. Can't imagine the pain and heart ache. Condolences to you and the family mate.

Back