Is Gerrard too quick to get shot of certain players

Yankeeger

We’ve seen Murphy Doc Middleton McCrorie more or less binned yet Gerrard will play several underperforming players on a weekly basis Then signs Barjonas on an extended contract when clearly Gerrard will never play the lad what is that all about

We’ve seen Murphy Doc Middleton McCrorie more or less binned yet Gerrard will play several underperforming players on a weekly basis Then signs Barjonas on an extended contract when clearly Gerrard will never play the lad what is that all about

Think he sees McCrorie having a big future at Rangers but not getting much game time this season so it made sense to get him out somewhere on loan.

could argue the others haven’t been given the chance to impress.

Murphy hasn't been the same player post injury. McCrorie isn't at the same level as our current first choice players. Middleton faded last year.

Barjonas had a contract extended because he trained well, he's now on loan to get first team football. He's still young, 20, so still has time to earn his place.
Isn't at the same level :rolleyes:

You mean the level of dropping five points in a week?

Murphy hasn't been the same player post injury. McCrorie isn't at the same level as our current first choice players. Middleton faded last year.

Barjonas had a contract extended because he trained well, he's now on loan to get first team football. He's still young, 20, so still has time to earn his place.
how old is Ojo that isn't even our player?

He's plays Ojo and Barker over Stewart yet Stewart is more effective - idealism.

He gets rid of king, doc and Ross and doesn't replace them and left us with no mids on the bench - idealism

He signs Hastie sends him out on loan then recalled him. Same with Middleton.

No one is gonna tell me they'd rather have Barker in the squad than Middleton.

It's bizarre.

I mean the level that is still on track for 94 points and is doing well on the European Front too.
And has dropped five points on a week to the bottom team and a team of shite footballers that wouldn't look out of place in the amateur league.

Thing is I remember Ross dominating aberdeens midfield last season unlike those "level above" players today.

Strange that.

Would be good to at least have one single other option wouldn't it?

I totally get that Ojo isn't flavour of the month and I wouldn't have brought him on today. Gerrard got his subs wrong. But that doesn't suddenly mean Middleton etc are all good enough.
He done better than Ojo yet he's hooked and Ojo gets chance after chance. It's becoming a farce.

Murphy no because he hasn't played a lot of football in the last year so he needed the games which he wasn't going to get with us. McCrorie no cause he doesnt get in ahead of Davis or Kamara, Docherty has been given chances and not grabbed them and suspect he will be away in the summer.

Middleton is a funny one he started well last year then like a lot of younger players went off the boil I dont know whether it's to find a position for him because he is a very good finisher but I would say along with Docherty he is finished.

He's plays Ojo and Barker over Stewart yet Stewart is more effective - idealism.

He gets rid of king, doc and Ross and doesn't replace them and left us with no mids on the bench - idealism

He signs Hastie sends him out on loan then recalled him. Same with Middleton.

No one is gonna tell me they'd rather have Barker in the squad than Middleton.

It's bizarre.

Good post.

I totally get that Ojo isn't flavour of the month and I wouldn't have brought him on today. Gerrard got his subs wrong. But that doesn't suddenly mean Middleton etc are all good enough.
If middleton was good enough to start and score away from home against spartak moscow in the europa league, he is good enough to be at least be on the bench as an option against spl cloggers

Don't understand his persistence playing some players. Worral last season and as much as I don't think Ojo is as bad as people make out here, he's another one that's on Gerrard's untouchable list.

Middleton was good for us then faded a bit. Hopefully a loan does him good.

Greg Stewart should get far more game time than he currently does. No clue what's up with that but whenever he's came on for us he always seem to score (The stats apparently don't back this up but I can't think of a game he's came on and been piss poor).

Jones I rated (especially pre injury) but there must've been attitude problems or something, there is absolutely no way he was sold based on performances.

oh
Middleton isn't there,he's away on loan. at least we have our own players that care. Ojo clearly doesn't give 2 fucks whether we win or lose,he isn't one of us and for that reason he should never play for us!

And has dropped five points on a week to the bottom team and a team of shite footballers that wouldn't look out of place in the amateur league.

Thing is I remember Ross dominating aberdeens midfield last season unlike those "level above" players today.

Strange that.

Would be good to at least have one single other option wouldn't it?

What game against Aberdeen last season did Ross dominate? Our record against Aberdeen last season was embarrassing.

Kamara, Arfield, Davis and Aribo are all accomplished internationalists and all are better than Ross McCrorie. I say that as a fan of McCrorie, btw.

After reading Gerrard's autobiography it was clear that he really valued the players that trained at as high an intensity as a top game. He didn't seem to respect the other teammates in the same way, and it seems very much like he is the same way as a manager. Players like Lafferty never got many chances in games because of that.

Don't understand his persistence playing some players. Worral last season and as much as I don't think Ojo is as bad as people make out here, he's another one that's on Gerrard's untouchable list.

Greg Stewart should get far more game time than he currently does. No clue what's up with that but whenever he's came on for us he always seem to score (The stats apparently don't back this up but I can't think of a game he's came on and been piss poor).

Jones I rated (especially pre injury) but there must've been attitude problems or something, there is absolutely no way he was sold based on performances.
Jones wasn't sold.

In a nutshell, yes.

You can bank on 3 things for Wednesday;
1- Katic being dropped.
2- Ojo making a super sub appearance.
3- Stewart being nowhere near things again.

The way some players are treated leaves a lot to the imagination.

The reason stewart doesn't get more game time is because management are idealists who religiously stick to one system which is speed up top. So they play ineffective players who can run fast rather than adapt their system to the players we actually have.

Last edited:
In a nutshell, yes.

1- Katic being dropped.

Who for mate? Big George?

What game against Aberdeen last season did Ross dominate? Our record against Aberdeen last season was embarrassing.

Kamara, Arfield, Davis and Aribo are all accomplished internationalists and all are better than Ross McCrorie. I say that as a fan of McCrorie, btw.
When we played Aberdeen last season?

He also done it against celtic and Hibs. Wouldn't it be good to actually have another option anyway? Or should we just keep playing the same players no matter how shite they're playing so we drop five points on a week against two shite teams with these level above players.

It's not always about being a better player sometimes it's about energy and balls and today we had none.

It's been a shambles Ejaria 28 matches, Ojo 20.

2m on Grezda, 2 matches in a row and about 4 sub apps adding up to probably 45 mins. Kent played in like 8 matches in a row when he came in.

Doc never given a chance even though he was equal to Aribo last season and in a worse team.

Murphy a goal scoring winger just papped out whilst we've not replaced Candeias yet.

3 players from Liverpool, spunked 7m on one of them and we're none the better.

In a nutshell, yes.

1- Katic being dropped.

Number 1 on your list should probably happen

He does seem to go in a huff with some players easier than others. Huff may not the correct term.

Hopefully the team will be freshened up on Wednesday.Tav back will be a big bonus mabye even move Polster into midfield as hes done nothing wrong.

The only underachieving players who seem to kept around and given regular games are the english ones
I have thought the same for a while but tried to convince myself that it is not the case. Players from English top teams seem to be given many more chances to prove their worth than others.

When we played Aberdeen last season?

He also done it against celtic and Hibs. Wouldn't it be good to actually have another option anyway? Or should we just keep playing the same players no matter how shite they're playing so we drop five points on a week against two shite teams with these level above players.

It's not always about being a better player sometimes it's about energy and balls and today we had none.

At McCrorie's stage of his development he needs regular football - Ross wants it himself too.

Good teams sometimes get bad results, we'll bounce back.

He’s really only had one serious failing and it’s this. It’s utterly scandalous that Ojo, barker and the rest of the pish have consistently played ahead of Stewart. Stewart scores goals, unlocks defences then gets dropped. Ojo can’t even fucking pass a ball two yards and plays every week.

it’s got really surreal now. He plays two number tens who don’t consistently offer a goal threat. He throws katic under the bus but never has a bad word against Ojo.

does 1 person, 1 fucking person in the whole Rangers support think Ojo or barker deserve game time before everyone else? Yet our management team do. It’s fucking nuts

Honestly mate, that’s miles off. McCrorie has had nowhere near as many bad games as Kamara has been allowed. Yes Kamara is technically better, but what he gives us, in reality, zero goal threat, zero creativity, nice wee birls and square balls, I think McCrorie can contribute just as effectively, if not more.
Middleton never faded to be anywhere near as bad as Ojo constantly is, and yet here’s Ojo still getting run out after run out. He must be at about 20 games now with zero contribution. He’s been utterly dreadful. At least Middleton always tried!
Gerrard treats our young Scottish lads like utter muck, whilst Liverpool’s dross like Ejaria and Ojo get chance after chance and display pathetic onfield attitudes.

It's been a shambles Ejaria 28 matches, Ojo 20.

2m on Grezda, 2 matches in a row and about 4 sub apps adding up to probably 45 mins. Kent played in like 8 matches in a row when he came in.

Doc never given a chance even though he was equal to Aribo last season and in a worse team.

Murphy a goal scoring winger just papped out whilst we've not replaced Candeias yet.

3 players from Liverpool, spunked 7m on one of them and we're none the better.
None the better? Take another look at the table.

I think he very much is. Left us short. Almost as though no thought around injuries was considered.

Latest posts

Back