McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aberdeen boss Derek McIness must force through a move to Gers
Derek McInnes will have to make the next move if he wants to become Rangers manager.
By SCOTT BURNS AND IAIN MACFARLANE
00:00, Thu, Dec 7, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:07, Thu, Dec 7, 2017

Derek-McInnes-rangers-Aberdeen-889141.jpg
GETTY

Derek McInnes must force through a move if he wishes to join Rangers.
Aberdeen refused to grant their Ibrox rivals permission to talk to their boss on Tuesday evening.

And the 46-year-old failed to persuade Dons chairman Stewart Milne to change that stance when the pair met yesterday.

McInnes and his assistant Tony Docherty didn’t take training in a move that suggests they no longer see their futures at Pittodrie.

But with Aberdeen and Rangers at a stalemate, it is now in the hands of McInnes to force through a switch to his former club.

He will either have to tell Milne his heart is set on leaving in a bid to convince the chairman to let him hold talks, or walk out on his contract.

If the latter scenario pans out, the Ibrox club would be liable to pay more than £1million in compensation.

Derek McInnes: There hasbeen no approach forRangersjob

Rangers are hopeful of landing McInnes before Saturday’s home league clash with Ross County, although caretaker Graeme Murty is likely to remain in the dugout for the last time.

Express Sport understands that terms on a three-year-deal would be quickly thrashed out with McInnes if he is given the green light to open negotiations.

Milne and the Dons fans are furious that it took nearly six weeks of intense speculation following Pedro Caixinha’s sacking before Rangers finally made their move.

Two weeks ago Milne also said McInnes made it clear to him he had no intention of leaving Pittodrie.

But developments this week have rocked Aberdeen.

Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson took the squad for training at Balgownie Barracks yesterday.

The Under-20s coaching duo is expected to fulfil media obligations today and be in the dugout for tomorrow night’s trip to Dundee.

Fergie's bankrupt. This is a good opportunity to help him build up a wee nestegg.........going forward (always finish with a going forward)

Its official. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Ferguson returning would just cement my belief that we’ve went back the way, from “let’s be progressive and forward thinking” right back to “let’s play it safe and jobs for the boys”.

Ferguson’s done nothing to merit any kind of coaching role with us. Not only that, but even if he had I’d rather give it to someone who hasn’t been writing pish for a tim paper whilst disrespecting current club staff along the way.

Ferguson returning would just cement my belief that we’ve went back the way, from “let’s be progressive and forward thinking” right back to “let’s play it safe and jobs for the boys”.

Ferguson’s done nothing to merit any kind of coaching role with us. Not only that, but even if he had I’d rather give it to someone who hasn’t been writing pish for a tim paper whilst disrespecting current club staff along the way.
You know nothing about football, barry ferguson can handle an assistant or number 3 at Ibrox role no bother

You know nothing about football, barry ferguson can handle an assistant or number 3 at Ibrox role no bother

I’d bet my life that I know a good bit more than someone championing Ferguson with absolutely no justification whatsoever.

What tells you that he’d be a good appointment? His sterling record with lowly Clyde? His failure to land the position first time round? The tremendous breadth of tactical knowledge he showcases in his daily rebel puff pieces?

Why would he even want a position he classlessly demeaned only a few weeks ago? If he ends up back at Ibrox McInnes better pray he hits the ground running and never falters. Because the minute the does falter, his wee assistant will be gunning for his job.

Fergie's bankrupt. This is a good opportunity to help him build up a wee nestegg.........going forward (always finish with a going forward)

Its official. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

His creditors / A I B will be more than interested, should he get the job.

And PS - this is my 1st post in the new forum, been on FF for years - as in 5+ years with stacks on previous site
I coach Youth Football - formerly ST holder MSF Section J - sat beside "Christine S" from RST (the Admin will know who I am referring to) for years until I went back to Youth Footie a few years ago !!!
I remember when Maurice J signed - Tims were Ragin and still are to this day - They will hate Docherty if he signs for us !!!
I think you’re right mate.

We've tried being "progressive and forward thinking" with managers recently and it just hasn't worked. I can't help but feel McInnes' is the right appointment at this time.

We do have Mark Allen in place however, in the DoF role which was a "progressive and forward thinking" appointment. Hopefully everyone can get on the same page and be successful!

We've tried being "progressive and forward thinking" with managers recently and it just hasn't worked. I can't help but feel McInnes' is the right appointment at this time.

We do have Mark Allen in place however, in the DoF role which was a "progressive and forward thinking" appointment. Hopefully everyone can get on the same page and be successful!

If the club / new manager don't address the issues re match officials it will make #55 a great deal harder to achieve.

Stewart Robertson - "Derek, Tony. Welcome. We'd like you to become the new Rangers management team."
DM - "Hell yeah. When can we start?"
TD - "Abso... (phone rings)...sorry, need to take this....Hello...Hello...Ma?..yes Ma, meeting them now...but...Ma....Ma...but...but....put Da on....put Da on....PUT MA DA OAN... (waves apologetically at Stewart and DM)..sorry guys, won't be a minute...Hello...Hello..Da...yes...Da...no...Da list...Da no...but listen....but....put wee Sean on....Da...Da....put wee Sean on...."

From The Herald;

“Docherty, who has been McInnes’ right hand man at St Johnstone, Bristol City and Aberdeen, will follow him to Ibrox but former Gers midfielder Barry Ferguson has dismissed reports he could make a return to the club.

Ferguson has been linked with a coaching role in recent days but insists he has had no approach from the Light Blues.

He said: "I woke up on Monday morning and had numerous texts and missed calls and I don't know where it's come from.

"I've not spoken to Derek, I've not spoken to Rangers, so for me it was a lot of nonsense.

"He's not got the job yet. I think he'll be a very good Rangers manager but we'll just need to wait and see."

Take from that what you will.

Not entirely sure why mcinnes would be going for fergie when we already have a decent coach in JJ on the books. Disappointed for JJ if he isn't given opportunity to continue in his role.

Bringing Ferguson back to Rangers is like a married man bringing his ex bird into the marital home to help raise his kids.

The wife doesn't understand it, the ex just happened to be an excellent ride once upon a time, and the mad bitch as her eyes on the master bedroom.

The pool of talent open to us really is limited if this is the peak of our aspirations. Or the people that run our football club and our Manager to be are totally clueless.

Stewart Robertson - "Derek, Tony. Welcome. We'd like you to become the new Rangers management team."
DM - "Hell yeah. When can we start?"
TD - "Abso... (phone rings)...sorry, need to take this....Hello...Hello...Ma?..yes Ma, meeting them now...but...Ma....Ma...but...but....put Da on....put Da on....PUT MA DA OAN... (waves apologetically at Stewart and DM)..sorry guys, won't be a minute...Hello...Hello..Da...yes...Da...no...Da list...Da no...but listen....but....put wee Sean on....Da...Da....put wee Sean on...."

Go back to sleep :eek::eek::eek:

Look in on this thread very sparingly...

Take it it’s still not any closer to being a done deal?

The Fergie rumours I also hope are paper nonsense talk.

I agree. The problem is McInnes signed all those Aberdeen players who aren't very good. He also set them up and decided their tactics which also weren't very good. All in all it points to a manager who isn't very good.
Fair enough points but i won,t judge him on that two games alone.to me its his apilitynto win the league and i just don,t see it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back