Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

Posters including myself are going to read a lot into posts from other well known posters like yourself. Is your comment worthy of the orange text?

I’m not allowed to use orange text any more because Vydra never signed, despite a deal being all but signed.

My fault it never happened, apparently, going by the posts on here, so the orange text is, alas, no more.

It’s not worth the hassle.

I’m not allowed to use orange text any more because Vydra never signed, despite a deal being all but signed.

My fault it never happened, apparently, going by the posts on here, so the orange text is, alas, no more.

Ok well that is upsetting. Re your comment about Liverpool's get out clause...

If yiu dont think this will be a headache for the club your as deluded as those shouting for NIKE OR ADIDAS.. hummel may even sue us for tearing up the contract early
Ffs we havnt even got a club shop.. that is scandalous for a club the size of RANGERS..

So many assumptions on your part mate.

Maybe chill out until you know what's going on. You'll do yourself a mischief!

Why not? It's a huge brand
With who ,were?...
People have this kind of romantic notion that robe di kappa is a massive name.. all because of this 80s casual stuff.. sorry to disapoint but we would be laughed at if its kappa which it wont be anyway.
Theres a 90% chance it will be something to do with SDI.. SO WHAT WILL THE FANS DO.. BOYCOTT OR NOT..

With who ,were?...
People have this kind of romantic notion that robe di kappa is a massive name.. all because of this 80s casual stuff.. sorry to disapoint but we would be laughed at if its kappa which it wont be anyway.
Theres a 90% chance it will be something to do with SDI.. SO WHAT WILL THE FANS DO.. BOYCOTT OR NOT..

Kappa are a huge brand of that there is no doubt

So we require at least 3 non football major sports stars to promote us? Over to you Mr Johnston let’s use your contacts and influence

Didn’t fat man fall out with Adidas and Nike recently? Blamed them for manipulating the market or something, the cheek of the fat bastard.

Last edited:
Does it matter what the brand is?

As long as we are free of SD and Ashley once and for all.

Although as things stand this could just be a standard corporate RFI/RFP and we still have to offer SD the opport unity to match our best offer / preferred supplier.

I kinda feel for Hummel in all of this.

They felt like they really wanted to work with Rangers to launch their brand back into the mainstream and were very interested in making nice kits for us.

I know it's all business so emotion doesn't come into it but another company pretty much fucked over by the walking heart attack that is Ashley.

I do too but supposedly they are going to be making Everton kits so they'll be stoked about that.

So we require at least 3 non football major sports stars to promote us? Over to you Mr Johnston let’s use your contacts and influence

Kings mate Gary Player, the Viking Andy Fordham and Graham Dott. There, we can get that Kappa deal sorted now.

If yiu dont think this will be a headache for the club your as deluded as those shouting for NIKE OR ADIDAS.. hummel may even sue us for tearing up the contract early
Ffs we havnt even got a club shop.. that is scandalous for a club the size of RANGERS..

It is a headache for the club and a severe hindrance moving forward.
Scandalous though? Give us a peace, Ashley is an absolute beast in the retail trade the B@stard got his claws into us at our most weakest and he's proving almost impossible to shake off. He's phucked over bigger companies than us (financially). We are very very lucky we don't have him walking in our corridors completely

The plot thickens with this news today.

didn’t think we could do anything on this front bcos of all the litigation

Not read any of this, but are we not completely toxic for any kit manufacturer?

We’re surely simply not worth the hassle?

Legally we can only say this. I think we have some one lined up already
I’m sure we had to stop mentioning anything with Hummel publicly so this could be the club playing ball and appearing everything is out to tender until sdi mess is cleared and we announce multi year partnership with Hummel

Pretty late in the day to be looking to start negotiations for a new kit for next season. Hopefully this is just designed to put pressure on Hummell and Elite.

That’s my thinking! We were previously told that the delay for public sale of kits was due to late design approval etc which normally happens Q1 with manufacture in Q2 then launch in Q3.

I think “normalising the kit deal” was the phrase used to describe the above....

As it happens, we’re past the half way point of Q1 and don’t have anyone at the table never mind design proposals.

I won’t be surprised to see another “delayed” kit launch.

to be fair it was a pain on the eyes :D

I've asked this before, but got no answer.
Do we get money from Hummel for our badge ? How much?
Do we get money from a retail partner ? Based on strips sold ?

That’s my thinking! We were previously told that the delay for public sale of kits was due to late design approval etc which normally happens Q1 with manufacture in Q2 then launch in Q3.

I think “normalising the kit deal” was the phrase used to describe the above....

As it happens, we’re past the half way point of Q1 and don’t have anyone at the table never mind design proposals.

I won’t be surprised to see another “delayed” kit launch.
Someone was telling me the other day that typically the design is done in Q3 of the year before, manufacture (in some far flung place) is typically done in Q4 and then the manufactured kit is typically shipped by sea which takes months. That last part can be done by air freight instead but at much greater cost. I don’t know how true all of that is. But it doesn’t sound implausible and it certainly seems incredibly late in the day for us to be going out to tender.

Adidas & Nike would be the best, not just for strips but the training wear would sell very well also.

So, we're looking for a new kit manufacturer and looking to distribute as much as we can ourselves.

Seems sensible, however there's one small :

We signed a deal with SDi for them to have matching rights in perpetuity i.e. FOREVER...yes that's correct, forever.

So here's how I see it working:

We find a new partner who, just say, puts £5m up front for a 5 yr deal + addons. SDI match this with no intention of ever manufacturing our kits, they feck us about, we take them to court losing that seasons retail sales and the £3m+ court fees. Rinse and repeat...

Unless we can have a Liverpool style break via the Courts, we are absolutely f.uked for as long as fat man wants us to be. Logic says will come a point where the Courts will say enough is enough but how long will that be?

Whoever signed that matching clause in perpetuity, to favour SDI, need shooting*!

Not a suggestion or a threat just a turn of phrase...

Yes it does..
Does it matter what the brand is?

As long as we are free of SD and Ashley once and for all.

Although as things stand this could just be a standard corporate RFI/RFP and we still have to offer SD the opport unity to match our best offer / preferred supplier.
Distribution is a massive thing.. hummel stuff is great but lets be honest there distribution was awful the orange waterproof jacket looked great but it bever materialised . I understand people shouting for adidas nike ,but it aint going to happen

Someone was telling me the other day that typically the design is done in Q3 of the year before, manufacture (in some far flung place) is typically done in Q4 and then the manufactured kit is typically shipped by sea which takes months. That last part can be done by air freight instead but at much greater cost. I don’t know how true all of that is. But it doesn’t sound implausible and it certainly seems incredibly late in the day for us to be going out to tender.
Seems pretty plausible from a cost and shipping perspective.

I always wonder if the club appreciate the impact potential of having any new kit out in time for the Glasgow big walk/July? As much as it is not essential, there must surely be a huge spike in demand for people to get the new colours for this 'holiday' petiod and it is very much a traditional time for getting new kit on the streets at this time of year.

Last edited:
I might be miles out.

Bit since hummels was revealed to be our kit supplier I've always thought it was a ploy to strengthen our position with a better supplier.

"Heres what we've sold in this amount of time now look what you could do with your global reach" for example.

So, we're looking for a new kit manufacturer and looking to distribute as much as we can ourselves.

Seems sensible, however there's one small :

We signed a deal with SDi for them to have matching rights in perpetuity i.e. FOREVER...yes that's correct, forever.

So here's how I see it working:

We find a new partner who, just say, puts £5m up front for a 5 yr deal + addons. SDI match this with no intention of ever manufacturing our kits, they feck us about, we take them to court losing that seasons retail sales and the £3m+ court fees. Rinse and repeat...

Unless we can have a Liverpool style break via the Courts, we are absolutely f.uked for as long as fat man wants us to be. Logic says will come a point where the Courts will say enough is enough but how long will that be?

Whoever signed that matching clause in perpetuity, to favour SDI, need shooting!
i agree with all this. however if he did match it and never paid the £5m up front then would the court not look to cancel our matching agreement? he couldn't continually say he would match but never actually carry through with it. any deal we broker with any interested party would need to explicitly say money up front, so that if Ashley didn't pay up front then it's right back in court. although was he not arguing that these finer details aren't relevant and it's the overall % share of profit deal we broker that he is actually matching?

Call me suspicious however going by how stubborn Ashley has been on this it is a chance in my eyes that a deal for Alfie to Newcastle in the summer has been agreed and the release of the retail rights is part of the agreement.

Find it unusual that it’s been made public

You’d think they’d be talks going on behind the scenes
Infact there probably is

I prefer when they announce things an nobody sees it coming

Back