Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

For those who want Kappa, hope you are ready to order at least two sizes bigger than your usual size! Horrible small fitting tops, Glentoran had them a few years ago the sizing was a mess!

i agree with all this. however if he did match it and never paid the £5m up front then would the court not look to cancel our matching agreement? he couldn't continually say he would match but never actually carry through with it. any deal we broker with any interested party would need to explicitly say money up front, so that if Ashley didn't pay up front then it's right back in court. although was he not arguing that these finer details aren't relevant and it's the overall % share of profit deal we broker that he is actually matching?

You'd think that would be the case but I recon we can wave goodbye to another seasons income plus court costs as a minimum before we will be finally free. He'll drag this out as much as possible.

I hope to God I'm completely wrong.

I’m sure we had to stop mentioning anything with Hummel publicly so this could be the club playing ball and appearing everything is out to tender until sdi mess is cleared and we announce multi year partnership with Hummel
Given Elite owe us a lot of money and they’re connected to Hummel I think it’s very unlikely but I know as much as anyone - nothing! So just an opinion.

If yiu dont think this will be a headache for the club your as deluded as those shouting for NIKE OR ADIDAS.. hummel may even sue us for tearing up the contract early
Ffs we havnt even got a club shop.. that is scandalous for a club the size of RANGERS..
Absolutely nothing you've wrote has anything to do with my point.
So no, I'm not deluded but you're as demented and melodramatic as any rabid poet predicting admin number 1690..

Find it unusual that it’s been made public

You’d think they’d be talks going on behind the scenes
Infact there probably is

I prefer when they announce things an nobody sees it coming

We’ve got to hope it’s been done under legal advice in order to demonstrate to the court that SD have had the opportunity to match? If not it’s very unusual and very embarrassing.

One thing is for certain - if we do secure another supplier it will need to be a big player (ie Nike, Adidas, NB or UA) to provide terms that Ashley cannot truly match (as per the Liverpool decision)

Fingers crossed
That’s how understand it it would have to be a Major supplier to handle the overheads / burdens currently obstructing business .

Absolutely nothing you've wrote has anything to do with my point.
So no, I'm not deluded but you're as demented and melodramatic as any rabid poet predicting admin number 1690..
Who is predicting admin ii imearly saying its a massive headache.. but hey if yiu can wait gor the new home shirt till prob October to be on sale thats fine

Someone was telling me the other day that typically the design is done in Q3 of the year before, manufacture (in some far flung place) is typically done in Q4 and then the manufactured kit is typically shipped by sea which takes months. That last part can be done by air freight instead but at much greater cost. I don’t know how true all of that is. But it doesn’t sound implausible and it certainly seems incredibly late in the day for us to be going out to tender.

That’s certainly correct as regards the design and manufacture, it’s why we’re already seeing next season’s designs being leaked.

Dave King said after the AGM Sports Direct had been downgraded from a financial threat to a financial nuisance. It's safe to say, I think, we will never work with them again. The eventual outcome regarding SD & Mike the c*nt. will be a damages award.
With SD as good as gone we are now terminating our Hummel deal a year early. I can't see this being by mutual consent. We clearly love litigation with our retail suppliers.
Our invitation to tender must have a big section in it outlining ongoing litigation and potential litigation. It'll be off putting to all potential suppliers. Especially after this happening to our Hummel partnership.
Who we will end up with is anyone's guess. The only thing certain is it won't be Hummel, and it won't be Sports Direct.

Dave King said after the AGM Sports Direct had been downgraded from a financial threat to a financial nuisance. It's safe to say, I think, we will never work with them again. The eventual outcome regarding SD & Mike the c*nt. will be a damages award.
With SD as good as gone we are now terminating our Hummel deal a year early. I can't see this being by mutual consent. We clearly love litigation with our retail suppliers.
Our invitation to tender must have a big section in it outlining ongoing litigation and potential litigation. It'll be off putting to all potential suppliers. Especially after this happening to our Hummel partnership.
Who we will end up with is anyone's guess. The only thing certain is it won't be Hummel, and it won't be Sports Direct.
I understood the courts forbade us from working with Hummel beyond this season?

The hissy fits were more to do with not getting a big name. Unless we had a crystal ball, none of us knew how it was going to pan out.
for me i think the legal mess we find ourselves is pretty constricting and wouldn't be surprised if any big names touched us. plus the nike and adidas' of this world are signing £60m a year contracts with prem leagues.

whilst the poster's post is pretty negative, bit of a stretch to call him a tim etc. the commercial stuff is a mess.
Are you at it too?
At no point did I call him a tim.

I made a comment that he ignored and basically called me thick because someone wants Adidas.

I pointed that out and he posted yet more accusations based on shit I never said.

If it's fair game to twist people's words or in this case just plain put unrelated words in my mouth,
2 can play that game. No?

Hummell have done a fine job but i dont think their brand is premium enough for us. I would love to see an Adidas or Nike kit.

Can you really see Nike or Adidas sharing the details of an offer with the fat crook?

they would have the Ability to stand up to him. They could also threaten to strangle his supply of other branded stuff.

I think it’s just a rewrite of the hummel deal but more front loaded, Ashley gets the chance to match and makes the court case null and void.

would this not be ended anyway this year with us not being able to work with Hummel or cooperate with them? or would it be the case that they would still press on with next seasons stuff, just not with any communications to the club.

for me i think the legal mess we find ourselves is pretty constricting and wouldn't be surprised if any big names touched us. plus the nike and adidas' of this world are signing £60m a year contracts with prem leagues.

Adidas are apparently the scums manufacturer from next season, so they definitely have an interest in Scotland. I doubt they will get involved in this mess though, although with a brand their size it could be easy to make the Liverpool argument that SD can't match their reach.

I understood the courts forbade us from working with Hummel beyond this season?
They did. However, the ruling wasn't a cue to enter the market for a new supplier. The injunction issued by the court was to prevent Rangers breaching the original agreement with SD any further.
We appear to have used the recent relaxing of that injunction to deal with Elite, and go to the market for a new supplier!

Whatever we are doing, I hope the legal team have crossed the t’s and dotted the i’s as we haven’t exactly been too smart as of yet.....

Announce Adidas. Gerrard’s own personal boot manufacturer back in the day plus they have recently had beef with Ashley....

would this not be ended anyway this year with us not being able to work with Hummel or cooperate with them? or would it be the case that they would still press on with next seasons stuff, just not with any communications to the club.
When Sports Direct won their injunction I think the court's expectations were that we would seek a resolution with Sports Direct. Resulting in termination of our Hummel deal if required. No doubt such moves would involve even more litigation.

When Sports Direct won their injunction I think the court's expectations were that we would seek a resolution with Sports Direct. Resulting in termination of our Hummel deal if required. No doubt such moves would involve even more litigation.
next couple of months will be interesting. the commercial director seems to be doing well and if he wasn't the usual rumblings would have been on here by now. hopefully somehow that helps RE attracting brands

Hummel gear was good and a deal with another sports giant would suit the stature of a magnificent club like Rangers but the main thing is and hopefully will be is to get the SD saga and Elite to f.uck! F.uck off fat bastard Ashley you have been a hinderance to us for years!! Hope Dave King has won the SD war as he said before he steps down from chairman? Would be a relief to all bears and we can move forward.

Still amateur imo

But yet the fans baby for blood over the silence.

They cant win with that sort of attitude.

Fair enough if you think it's amateur (I counts for hee haw really).

I'm glad of the notice as it let's us feel they're at least making some move to get us on from the SDi issues.

Adidas are apparently the scums manufacturer from next season, so they definitely have an interest in Scotland. I doubt they will get involved in this mess though, although with a brand their size it could be easy to make the Liverpool argument that SD can't match their reach.
The Papes and Adidas is 100% correct. I was told about it last summer by someone who works in their retail department. Couldn’t be arsed posting it on here because I knew I would get the “cool story bro” treatment but there you go...

I would also like to see us in partnership with adidas or Nike. Don’t see the clamour for Under Armour, never liked their kits and as massive as they are (especially in America) they don’t have the wow factor for me. It’s all about the bottom line though.

Charles Green (spit) tried to cut a deal with Under Armour but they walked when they heard that fat bastard Ashley was involved at the club. They said he would try to ruin them if they were seen to cutting his grass.

Gut feeling is that everyone saying Adidas and Nike - get real.

I can't see, given the judgements so far, how we can be expecting to deal with anyone next season but Sports Direct (if they want to match rather than accept damages to walk away).

TBH we might just have to hold our noses and enter the Reichstag as the famous quote goes. If we get a deal that pays £3,000,000 up front and a good competitive percentage of sales to us then we might be best just going with it. If we make our income then who cares?

I get people will never divorce the ill-feeling for Ashley and being honest I won't shop from him. If the club directly encourage it I'd think about it.

But legally speaking we've been up shit creek. If Rangers don't want to work with Sports Direct because we think they will break the contract then perhaps the smarter thing is to let them do it and then go to the courts with squeaky clean hands and show them that fatty is trying to %^*& us over. Worst case scenario that way is we make the same amount of money we would have made with a JD.

It wouldn't feel right but it's business. It's not always going to feel right.

Not sure what to make of it, I’m sure SDI will make a play based on matching rights. I’m getting to the point that as long as we make the same money for the club I don’t care where I buy. This has to stop as we are pouring money down the drain .

Whatever we are doing, I hope the legal team have crossed the t’s and dotted the i’s as we haven’t exactly been too smart as of yet.....

Announce Adidas. Gerrard’s own personal boot manufacturer back in the day plus they have recently had beef with Ashley....
No way will it be adidas, while they make celtics shirts.. i propose it will be someone like joma.... the legal mindfield prob means none of the massive names will touch us..

[
You don't think maybe, just maybe, giving everything going on that there could be more to this than meets a very obvious first glance?
If there is it’s usually bad news. How anyone can think a club of Rangers size hawking for suppliers is anything less than worrying is truly beyond me. It’s February and we have nothing in place and haven’t sorted out SD yet or elite. The spin by those wanting it to be roses and buttercups on here is breathtaking. I’ve read hundreds of posts over the last few years with similar scenarios of our club being on the front foot and not once has it materialised.

King is now disenfranchised and there is literally nothing to suggest this board have suddenly become competent. We’ve just been fined for nothing and the board said a second statement was due and we would fight it. They did zero and yet again are found to be wanting in the extreme. If I’m wrong I deserve every bit of flack coming my way. I’d welcome that as we would finally be turning a corner. I fully expect to be right.

I just want to be excited to go and buy official merchandise and know that the money will go to the club. Fingers crossed who ever it is makes this happen

This is all any of us want . The fact it still seems so far away is mind boggling .

Still must be a lot of unknowns to be sorted out ? Sports direct ? where is all the money gone that we have spent in the last year ?
the list goes on the farse continues I think there is more to this than public come and supply us tops.

I'm sure the judge said our Hummel deal was worded in such away that it appeared that they had both manufacturing and retail/distribution rights which meant SD should have been given the chance to match all aspects of the deal.

Here's hoping we are looking for a manufacturer only at this point and distribution/retail is clear and distinct from kit manufacturing. Can't see how we get away from SDI when it comes to retail but fingers crossed.

Back