Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

All I know is who adidas are rumoured to be going with.

I think it's common knowledge they're going with them lot, but that wouldn't stop them striking a deal with us I doubt.
We both had Umbro back in the late 80's before the bigger club went with Admiral.

Surely has to be Alexander McQueen so folk can match it with their Herman Munster orthopaedic gutties...

In reality, hopefully it's Adidas, Nike or UA. Sounds promising about getting control of the Superstore back from the fat rat though!

We had them from 1997 to 2002 and their training gear and kits were absolutely excellent, and this is to someone who was barely alive to have seen them in person.

I don't think we knew the full extent of the cover ups then. Some Rangers have written to Nike recently asking why they are sponsoring "them", So I feel it would be hypocritical to take Nike on if they were to offer?

We can forget about Adidas and Nike until this fiasco with Ashley is over. If SDI match the bids for merchandising rights of any competitors they get the contract. So nothing has changed.
Correct they would want nothing to do with the fat man

I've no idea what the hell this means re current battles with SD etc. But praying for good news and a good deal at long last for Rangers.

I don't think we knew the full extent of the cover ups then. Some Rangers have written to Nike recently asking why they are sponsoring "them", So I feel it would be hypocritical to take Nike on if they were to offer?

They stopped in 2014? I'm confused, the tims had Umbro throughout the 90's until 2005. Us on the other hand, actually went back to Umbro.

Just in-case you don't know, Umbro was a subsidiary of Nike until 2012. Who conveniently, we had until 2013.

Hopefully Adidas but feel for Hummel, their gear was decent.
Yes agree when we signed up with them I only knew about their deal with Denmark. I’d seen nothing except that kit. The stuff they’ve supplied is really good and good quality too. Quite disappointed appreciate the issues in play here but changing your kit supplier every 1 or 2 years is definitely not what big sides do.

Good news ... tin hat on but I thought the Hummel kits were ‘meh’ at best

we need to get a global kit manufacturer who is not terrified of Ashley and fold when the pressure is on

I've heard all sorts of rumours in the last few weeks from Joma being interested to Sondico, Sondico would be a lot of mince as they are owned by Ashley.
I think if we got Sondico, Ashley wouldn't be the worst part about it. The worst part about it would be that it is Sondico and it would be an utter embarrassment to be partnered with such a low end, jacket and sports direct level of brand.

They stopped in 2014? I'm confused, the tims had Umbro throughout the 90's until 2005. Us on the other hand, actually went back to Umbro.

Just in-case you don't know, Umbro was a subsidiary of Nike until 2012. Who conveniently, we had until 2013.

I am only going by how i feel about it now.

If other clubs in Scotland can get Umbro, Nike, Adidas then surely the club with the biggest fanbase can also
They don’t go to court as a day out on a regular basis. I frankly don’t understand the rubbish that people think our board is up to. Joining the dots is relatively easy yet people still talk about major brands and us. I suppose they still hope.

So are the court documents in the public domain?

Honestly, people read things on the internet and think they are experts?

What do you do for a living?
Yes they are in the public domain? I think you will find a lot of the posters who have read all the stuff know exactly where things and how much of a mess they are. Have you read every SDI thread before?

With the previous thread suggesting an issue with elite and the clubs inability to tell us to boycott, or otherwise, is this the clubs way of telling us the current circumstances and at the same time confirming a boycott?

Rather than an odd request for a new partner via twitter.

Note the words

I reckon we're going to use the same reason as Liverpool used to get rid of their kit sponsor, If a company came in and could provide more retail outlets worldwide then it would be goodnight Ashley, this could be very good news, I also reckon we already have someone interested but because of the legal situation with fat chops this is why we're advertising.

I've heard all sorts of rumours in the last few weeks from Joma being interested to Sondico, Sondico would be a lot of mince as they are owned by Ashley.

Think of who right now can sell our strips with enough retail outlets, because it certainly isn't Elite or Ashley.

Good post bud. I think it pretty much how most of us hope/feel. Pity this thread has been infested by gloom merchants and dhims.

No offence, but WTF are you on about? The Bheasts didn’t wear Nike until 2005, three years after we left them and have been with New Balance since 2015.

This is pretty embarrassing. I hope we have legal authority to do this.

Secondly, anyone saying Nike / Adidas - forget it. I'm sure we have approached many companies before essentially releasing an RFP on social media.
I'd suggest we are properly lawyered up this time.
I'd suggest we have a partner lined up.
I'd suggest a judge has made it clear we must open it up to anyone who wishes to bid.
From there I expect SD have the right to match.

Hopefully the lawyers and partner have a workable solution that will make that unlikely.

A £5,000,000 up front payment and a quick turn over of monies for example that SD just won't match or send us.

All guesswork but time will tell.

I'd suggest we are properly lawyered up this time.
I'd suggest we have a partner lined up.
I'd suggest a judge has made it clear we must open it up to anyone who wishes to bid.
From there I expect SD have the right to match.

Hopefully the lawyers and partner have a workable solution that will make that unlikely.

A £5,000,000 up front payment and a quick turn over of monies for example that SD just won't match or send us.

All guesswork but time will tell.

Didn't we say that in 2018?

Reactions: Dom
Yes they are in the public domain? I think you will find a lot of the posters who have read all the stuff know exactly where things and how much of a mess they are. Have you read every SDI thread before?
I’d reckon I’m reasonably intelligent and I’ve negotiated a few contracts in my time in financial services. But I cannot make head nor tail of this. We have two ongoing court cases with two companies who were our kit ‘vendors‘. Now we are advertising for a new retail partner and kit supplier? Feels like digging a bigger hole?

I confess that I don't follow how we can do this. Did the court not effectively rule that we couldn't do this and were effectively back with Sports Direct next season?

Or maybe we are taking the view that non payment by Elite = material breach of our contract with them and therefore we are terminating for that material breach. We then go back out to the market and seek a replacement or replacements. That replacement is effectively a stalking horse because Ashley is in the background with a matching right.

I can normally join some of the dots on these sorts of things but I really can't on this one. All I do know is that if we end up back with Sports Direct then nobody will buy a thing.

Note the words

I reckon we're going to use the same reason as Liverpool used to get rid of their kit sponsor, If a company came in and could provide more retail outlets worldwide then it would be goodnight Ashley, this could be very good news, I also reckon we already have someone interested but because of the legal situation with fat chops this is why we're advertising.

Think of who right now can sell our strips with enough retail outlets, because it certainly isn't Elite or Ashley.
Has to be Adidas Nike or a kit maker plus a retail deal with JD Sports but that wouldn’t necessarily cover out with the U.K.

I’d reckon I’m reasonably intelligent and I’ve negotiated a few contracts in my time in financial services. But I cannot make head nor tail of this. We have two ongoing court cases with two companies who were our kit ‘vendors‘. Now we are advertising for a new retail partner and kit supplier? Feels like digging a bigger hole?
We went into a deal with hummel to make the kit and elite to supply. We should have told SDI about the offer, so they can match. Sdi are in court because they didnt get the chance to match, therefore they want compensation for lost revenue. to date we arent in court with elite or hummel. However this could change if Elite dont pay up or if they sue us.

Part of Ashley's action was that he wanted us banned from cooperating with hummel or elite and therefore we cannot be partners next year. So that leaves us to where we are now. We have put out we want manufacturers/distributors to make a bid. This bid will likely be subject to Ashley's matching clause.

That's roughly where it is at. I dont think at this point we are digging a bigger hole as we haven't broken any rules. The whole may get deeper if a) we get no offers or shite offers for the kit (therefore we get Ashley) or b) we get good offers but Ashley matches. Which he probably will.

Tell me this is a joke? You want Glasgow Rangers' kit to be made by Kappa?
I see the point of Kappa and the total Ned look, I was there when it was popular with the tracksuit bottoms that buttoned up the side! I like some of their Italian tops.

We went into a deal with hummel to make the kit and elite to supply. We should have told SDI about the offer, so they can match. Sdi are in court because they didnt get the chance to match, therefore they want compensation for lost revenue. to date we arent in court with elite or hummel. However this could change if Elite dont pay up or if they sue us.

Part of Ashley's action was that he wanted us banned from cooperating with hummel or elite and therefore we cannot be partners next year. So that leaves us to where we are now. We have put out we want manufacturers/distributors to make a bid. This bid will likely be subject to Ashley's matching clause.

That's roughly where it is at. I dont think at this point we are digging a bigger hole as we haven't broken any rules. The whole may get deeper if a) we get no offers or shite offers for the kit (therefore we get Ashley) or b) we get good offers but Ashley matches. Which he probably will.
So big Mike matches and we the fans do not buy anything which is very likely (a minority will buy) we are still in Groundhog Day as SD will just dig in?

Back