Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

[

If there is it’s usually bad news. How anyone can think a club of Rangers size hawking for suppliers is anything less than worrying is truly beyond me. It’s February and we have nothing in place and haven’t sorted out SD yet or elite. The spin by those wanting it to be roses and buttercups on here is breathtaking. I’ve read hundreds of posts over the last few years with similar scenarios of our club being on the front foot and not once has it materialised.

King is now disenfranchised and there is literally nothing to suggest this board have suddenly become competent. We’ve just been fined for nothing and the board said a second statement was due and we would fight it. They did zero and yet again are found to be wanting in the extreme. If I’m wrong I deserve every bit of flack coming my way. I’d welcome that as we would finally be turning a corner. I fully expect to be right.
i don't think we are on the front foot, however i don't think the club has put this out hoping that the head of adidas happens to see it on his twitter feed. it must be part of some sort of schedule or something so that at some point we can reference to it and say we "publicly announced our intention to tender" a contract on this date - should we be back in court. we didn't make such an announcement when we tried to do it slyly with Hummel & Elite, so therefore this is slightly different. who knows what is actually happening though

Not sure if this is good news but I'll hope for the best. What I don't get is why we can't enter a pre arranged arrangement with a company (set up for the sole purpose of getting around the sports direct deal) that offers terms that SD would be unwilling or unable to match (like a high fee up front, excessively high percentage share of shirt sales etc)

i don't think we are on the front foot, however i don't think the club has put this out hoping that the head of adidas happens to see it on his twitter feed. it must be part of some sort of schedule or something so that at some point we can reference to it and say we "publicly announced our intention to tender" a contract on this date - should we be back in court. we didn't make such an announcement when we tried to do it slyly with Hummel & Elite, so therefore this is slightly different. who knows what is actually happening though
You may well be right but as usual , and this is key, this has sent the fans on various theories and created hope. Yet again they are an afterthought. It’s beyond scandalous how our governance treat the fans. They are seen as cash cows and little else.

The Papes and Adidas is 100% correct. I was told about it last summer by someone who works in their retail department. Couldn’t be arsed posting it on here because I knew I would get the “cool story bro” treatment but there you go...

I would also like to see us in partnership with adidas or Nike. Don’t see the clamour for Under Armour, never liked their kits and as massive as they are (especially in America) they don’t have the wow factor for me. It’s all about the bottom line though.

Charles Green (spit) tried to cut a deal with Under Armour but they walked when they heard that fat bastard Ashley was involved at the club. They said he would try to ruin them if they were seen to cutting his grass.

That will be a good deal for them unfortunately. I'm the same, I've never understood how Under Armour got to the level of Adidas and Nike for a lot of people. It really does need to be a big supplier as Ashley has so much influence within the industry. There isn't many sports brands that want to go to war with the UK's biggest sports supplier.

You may well be right but as usual , and this is key, this has sent the fans on various theories and created hope. Yet again they are an afterthought. It’s beyond scandalous how our governance treat the fans. They are seen as cash cows and little else.
the board can't tell us in explicit terms what is going on. legally they can't but also if we are to have any sort of strategy we don't want to be airing it publicly. a bit like when we sign players, we will find out once things have been agreed and signed off.

Nike or Adidas are the only firms that would send Mike off into the sunset with his tail between his legs. That is a fact he would say shit about either as they are the two biggest sports brand on the planet and if they decided to pull their products from his stores he is done because as it stands they are the golden carrot he dangles to get punters into his stores and onto his website.

If we end up with another smaller brand again we will end up in the same situation every couple of seasons.

If we have to go smaller then I'd settle for someone like luke 1977. I like the villa kit they did a couple of years ago.
Theyd have to stop doing the hibs casual line though lol.

[

If there is it’s usually bad news. How anyone can think a club of Rangers size hawking for suppliers is anything less than worrying is truly beyond me. It’s February and we have nothing in place and haven’t sorted out SD yet or elite. The spin by those wanting it to be roses and buttercups on here is breathtaking. I’ve read hundreds of posts over the last few years with similar scenarios of our club being on the front foot and not once has it materialised.

King is now disenfranchised and there is literally nothing to suggest this board have suddenly become competent. We’ve just been fined for nothing and the board said a second statement was due and we would fight it. They did zero and yet again are found to be wanting in the extreme. If I’m wrong I deserve every bit of flack coming my way. I’d welcome that as we would finally be turning a corner. I fully expect to be right.
It is extremely difficult for anyone to disagree with your post if they look at this rationally. How very sad.

Nike or Adidas are the only firms that would send Mike off into the sunset with his tail between his legs. That is a fact he would say shit about either as they are the two biggest sports brand on the planet and if they decided to pull their products from his stores he is done because as it stands they are the golden carrot he dangles to get punters into his stores and onto his website.

If we end up with another smaller brand again we will end up in the same situation every couple of seasons.

I'm guessing they make more money with sports direct selling their products than they would from any deal with us

We can forget about Adidas and Nike until this fiasco with Ashley is over. If SDI match the bids for merchandising rights of any competitors they get the contract. So nothing has changed.
What if it needs and Adidas or Nike to get rid of him though?
He has already fallen foul of Adidas only giving him sh*te to sell, has he not. What if one of those 2 does us a turn and tells him he’ll get f*ck all if he doesn’t stop his sh*t?
Clutching at straws I know but that could be a way out.
Edit: I’ve seen this has been suggested by other posters.

Last edited:
Haven’t read the whole thread, and I’m sure I’m not the first to say it, but I wouldn’t trust the Rangers legal team to overturn a parking ticket. Hope they’ve got this right for once.

As for potential partners, whoever gives us the most cash without trying to f88k the club up the arse will do me. Couldn’t care less if it’s Bukta.

It is extremely difficult for anyone to disagree with your post if they look at this rationally. How very sad.
It’s gutting mate. And the thing is , all these unresolved things from memorial gardens to kits to Pr all effect on the park. Income streams , a fair playing fieldand brand protection have as big an effect on our ability to challenge as our form. We fight with one hand behind our back and it all starts in the boardroom. I’m a Moaning bastard right now and I hate it. I can’t remember a week when the team on the park was my only concern.

I am guessing like everybody else on this thread but I can't believe the Club are doing this if there is chance that it could land them in more bother.
We have a number of smart people on the Board and I still think Dave King is one of the shrewdest.He has known from the start that we have been embroiled in various onerous contracts set up by the spiv scum and he has had to get us out of them.It can't be undone overnight and I believe every move has been calculated to this end,even the ones that looked like a setback at the time.

I am guessing like everybody else on this thread but I can't believe the Club are doing this if there is chance that it could land them in more bother.
We have a number of smart people on the Board and I still think Dave King is one of the shrewdest.He has known from the start that we have been embroiled in various onerous contracts set up by the spiv scum and he has had to get us out of them.It can't be undone overnight and I believe every move has been calculated to this end,even the ones that looked like a setback at the time.
Calculated setbacks , I’ve heard it all now. Ones that need us to litigate for millions that more than likely will end up written off in an admin event for elite. Jeez mate wake up.

I'm guessing they make more money with sports direct selling their products than they would from any deal with us
Nike and Adidas are both stopping supplying retailers and are pushing customs towards their websites. Ashley came out last year moaning the big two had too much say in supply and price of their products. In other words they give him all the clearance lines and they push the good lines through their own websites. He knows its short term dealing with the big two. Both will eventually put everything through their websites and cut him and others out the equation. Ashley will continue to buy distressed brands and his shops will be full of sports direct brands.

Only one problem with your thoughts
The farce in place at the moment was agreed to by the present board,not the spivs

Calculated setbacks , I’ve heard it all now. Ones that need us to litigate for millions that more than likely will end up written off in an admin event for elite. Jeez mate wake up.
What I am meaning is that DK would have known some of his legal challenges would likely fail but they had to be made to get to the next stage of his ultimate aim of getti ng us free from the onerous contracts.We have been so tied up in them they had to be unpicked a bit at a time.Its impossible from the starting point we had to do it in one single move.

I sincerely pray that the SD shit is gone and we are 100% clear to go this route and we have all our ducks in a row and haven’t rushed this news out in a moment of excitement ,surely to god this can only mean the litigation Issues are over
If it was gone there would have been a fanfare.
More like (ding ding) seconds out, round 8. Let's go ya fat Chunt.

Or we have something lined up that's juicy (with a bit of luck) that the pieman won't be able to match.

Well. Elite have fucked us then.

The idea of this being a PR ploy to absolve Elite of SDI litigation is becoming less and less likely.
Elite have fucked themselves, Hummel and Elite would have had our loyalty and money for untold years. Pricks

What I am meaning is that DK would have known some of his legal challenges would likely fail but they had to be made to get to the next stage of his ultimate aim of getti ng us free from the onerous contracts.We have been so tied up in them they had to be unpicked a bit at a time.Its impossible from the starting point we had to do it in one single move.
We signed up to a deal with Hummel and elite that ended up taking elite to court. Us most likely losing any money on our sales. Hummel a respected manufacturer sidelined and no doubt pissed off and he Planned that! And he’s away before it’s even close to being resolved. Plus his board signed the renewal with SD that put us in this mess. Mate have the night off, your having a howler.

We signed up to a deal with Hummel and elite that ended up taking elite to court. Us most likely losing any money on our sales. Hummel a respected manufacturer sidelined and no doubt pissed off and he Planned that! And he’s away before it’s even close to being resolved. Plus his board signed the renewal with SD that put us in this mess. Mate have the night off, your having a howler.
Ha ha it wouldn't be the first time,but we will see happens.

Maybe I’m missing something g from this statement are folks have got information other than what’s on the official site but that statement today is a public comment that we are looking for new retail partner and shirt maker and there will be retail online and at the stadium..........isn’t that positive?

to me it sounds like the club have a clean slate again and that there is probably much more to it (again I accept I might be missing something)

I guess perhaps it could be teeing us up to taking it up the shitter from a new and “improved” deal,ftom Ashley and the club have resolved their differences.

Also the comments earlier about Adidas, I’m sure they know the value of our merchandise as they have been our partners in the past, I also think they will realise that commercially that the both glasgow clubs are worth more together. I’d live it if it was another P.E.S situation where the talk was Celtic were in pro evo and we wernt only for the very next day Rangers to be announced too.

So, we're looking for a new kit manufacturer and looking to distribute as much as we can ourselves.

Seems sensible, however there's one small :

We signed a deal with SDi for them to have matching rights in perpetuity i.e. FOREVER...yes that's correct, forever.

So here's how I see it working:

We find a new partner who, just say, puts £5m up front for a 5 yr deal + addons. SDI match this with no intention of ever manufacturing our kits, they feck us about, we take them to court losing that seasons retail sales and the £3m+ court fees. Rinse and repeat...

Unless we can have a Liverpool style break via the Courts, we are absolutely f.uked for as long as fat man wants us to be. Logic says will come a point where the Courts will say enough is enough but how long will that be?

Whoever signed that matching clause in perpetuity, to favour SDI, need shooting*!

Not a suggestion or a threat just a turn of phrase...
Unless it's a deal where you ask for release of X amount of kits up front, 200k units. Terms are payment to Rangers in advance. 200k X £50 :)
We work on a revenue share type split based on those 200k unit sales. If they don't sell, we don't pay and reserve the right to go elsewhere ( enter into an alternative deal with another retail partner based on failure to hit sales/ contract requirements.)
If we can get a contract that 100% needs all of us on board, we have a chance. We need a contract the fat Chunt can't even contemplate signing/ matching. All we have to do is allow him to match any deal. He won't be able to if it's a deal that can only be toxic to SD given that we the fans wont buy in.

We do it right this time all legal and above board .

We never done it right with Elite/Hummel. We need to do it right this time and end this reptiles hold on us.

Yes, we.probably need a sympathetic leading brand (Nike, Adidas Under Armour) to help us break those Ashley chains.

What absolute donkey shit!
The red kit is the only shit thing Hummel have produced, absolutely mockit
A basic Adidas template would mean plain and simple, they're always the best Rangers kits.

Everything bar this seasons red kit from Hummel has been awful looking, their training gear in particular

People in here just love to look at the negative in everything the club do, desperate for them to make a statement bout certain things then when they do it's a case of they shouldn't have done that, desperate for them to sort a proper kit deal and manufacture out, now they are its shouldn't be advertising it and the board dont know what they're doing, seems the club are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont by some at the minute, never think the anouncement is maybe a round about way of telling fans something that legally they just aren't aloud to come out and say straight at the minute

Gut feeling is that everyone saying Adidas and Nike - get real.

I can't see, given the judgements so far, how we can be expecting to deal with anyone next season but Sports Direct (if they want to match rather than accept damages to walk away).

TBH we might just have to hold our noses and enter the Reichstag as the famous quote goes. If we get a deal that pays £3,000,000 up front and a good competitive percentage of sales to us then we might be best just going with it. If we make our income then who cares?

I get people will never divorce the ill-feeling for Ashley and being honest I won't shop from him. If the club directly encourage it I'd think about it.

But legally speaking we've been up shit creek. If Rangers don't want to work with Sports Direct because we think they will break the contract then perhaps the smarter thing is to let them do it and then go to the courts with squeaky clean hands and show them that fatty is trying to %^*& us over. Worst case scenario that way is we make the same amount of money we would have made with a JD.

It wouldn't feel right but it's business. It's not always going to feel right.
Not a chance! I'll be buying nothing, nada, FU©K all from that fat cancerous bastard!

What if it needs and Adidas or Nike to get rid of him though?
He has already fallen foul of Adidas only giving him sh*te to sell, has he not. What if one of those 2 does us a turn and tells him he’ll get f*ck all if he doesn’t stop his sh*t?
Clutching at straws I know but that could be a way out.
Edit: I’ve seen this has been suggested by other posters.
Ashley couldn't compete financially with Adidas or Nike or compete retail outlets worldwide.

Have a feeling we'll end up with a decent brand, Hummel was signed before Gerrard arrived and he'll be a massive factor.
We're UEL regulars too now.

Having players like Hagi won't hurt either, would probably be able to sell a few shirts in Romania

Would love to stay with Hummel as they seemed to really want to work with us.
I like their kits and like the fact that they are a bit different and not some template crap from the bigger brands.
If this isn't possible I'd suggest we make our own brand.
Rangers should be leaders.

Gut feeling is that everyone saying Adidas and Nike - get real.

I can't see, given the judgements so far, how we can be expecting to deal with anyone next season but Sports Direct (if they want to match rather than accept damages to walk away).

TBH we might just have to hold our noses and enter the Reichstag as the famous quote goes. If we get a deal that pays £3,000,000 up front and a good competitive percentage of sales to us then we might be best just going with it. If we make our income then who cares?

I get people will never divorce the ill-feeling for Ashley and being honest I won't shop from him. If the club directly encourage it I'd think about it.

But legally speaking we've been up shit creek. If Rangers don't want to work with Sports Direct because we think they will break the contract then perhaps the smarter thing is to let them do it and then go to the courts with squeaky clean hands and show them that fatty is trying to %^*& us over. Worst case scenario that way is we make the same amount of money we would have made with a JD.

It wouldn't feel right but it's business. It's not always going to feel right.
I dont even buy Puma because of that fat prick and i will never buy anything that has a fat paw print on it.

Would love to stay with Hummel as they seemed to really want to work with us.
I like their kits and like the fact that they are a bit different and not some template crap from the bigger brands.
If this isn't possible I'd suggest we make our own brand.
Rangers should be leaders.
The club wouldn't be looking for a new partner if Hummel were totally innocent in this imo, we went out of our way to thank Puma when that deal ended.

Edit: the majority of our kit from Hummel has been from templates

The club wouldn't be looking for a new partner if Hummel were totally innocent in this imo, we went out of our way to thank Puma when that deal ended.

Edit: the majority of our kit from Hummel has been from templates
For the Adidas lovers, Puma are part of the same company.

seems weird to be releasing a statement advertising this, you would think this sort of stuff goes on n behind the scenes.

The whole SD, Elite saga has left me totally deflated about kit deals, I genuinely don't see how we get out of the SD link, we're totally hamstrung by it. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving that man a penny either so just accepting SD as our retail partner would be a hard one to accept. I dare say this one has a long way to go.

Back