Plan B if pitch waterlogged tonight?

am sure we get 24hrs to play it again and if we cant get the game on it gets moved to a different venue. Not 100% sure on this though

They’d attempt to play it tomorrow, failing that it would be the weekend and replace our league game.

I saw the pitch last night, it was horrendous. I genuinely think there’s a chance it’ll be in doubt. The goalmouths were just sludge.

The ground staff will be rattling the pitch from now until kick off, uefa are far more lenient with pitch quality too. It would be very surprising if it were called off

If the pitch doesn't make it tonight I can't see how it'll be playable by tomorrow given the rain that's forcast. I think it'll have to be on tonight.

SFA three cunt panel and the SNP Standards Commissioner say points awarded to Braga as it was RFC fault it rained

Tomorrow's forecast is for really heavy rain so if the game can't go ahead today I would say there is no chance it could go ahead tomorrow. They will have to get it played today.

UEFA seem a bit more lenient for conditions. Remember when we qualified for last 16 of the champions league under big Eck? We needed the Artmedia Bratislava result to go our way and that game was an absolute quagmire, far worse than Ibrox right now, which is saying something.

Uefa don’t cancel fixtures unless the water is that bad that the ball doesn’t move at all when booted . I mind playing osasuna at Ibrox and there was a swimming pool in both penalty boxes . I also mind Chelsea playing in Tromso , Norway and the snow on the pitch was 8 inches thick , orange ball play on said uefa .

Theres no chance the game won’t be played .

I love to see the rainfall figures over the last month. Must be one of the wettest ever winter periods. Playing 5 or 6 games at home hasn’t helped for sure in that period

UEFA seem a bit more lenient for conditions. Remember when we qualified for last 16 of the champions league under big Eck? We needed the Artmedia Bratislava result to go our way and that game was an absolute quagmire, far worse than Ibrox right now, which is saying something.

We got through because the ball literally got stuck in a puddle and stopped a Porto goal.

I doubt it would be on if it was a domestic game.

It has pissed down for days and continues to do so.

hopefully the staff have covered it since Sunday and it will be on!! Ibrox rocking on a wet slippy night the braga players wont enjoy it.

The ground staff will be rattling the pitch from now until kick off, uefa are far more lenient with pitch quality too. It would be very surprising if it were called off
I always think of the pitch in the Bratislava and Porto game the night we qualified for the last 16 against under McLeish. If that pitch passed inspection then it must take something severely bad to get a game called off.

Question for Glasgow based bears - is it still raining? I’m up in Perthshire and weather fine here.

Didn’t occur to me that game might be under threat until saw this thread.

Anyone know if there’s an inspection planned?

Remember years ago Galatasaray Vs Juve got called off because of snow I think it was. Was played lunch time the next day.

Only extreme circumstances will uefa cancel a game.

Don’t want to be a pantie wetter but looking at the forecast there is every chance the game will be at risk. Same conditions as Livi game and it got called off with 2 hours to go!

Can’t see it recovering for Friday either as the forecast is for worse for tomorrow!

does anyone know if we have covers?

Pishing down in Glasgow. As it was last night and apparently will all day. If game goes ahead it will be horrendous for the fans and players.

Question for Glasgow based bears - is it still raining? I’m up in Perthshire and weather fine here.

Didn’t occur to me that game might be under threat until saw this thread.

Anyone know if there’s an inspection planned?
Its pissing it down

I know UEFA didn't allow Braga to train on the pitch last night.

I'd imagine there will be a lunchtime inspection and another to follow late afternoon.

Depending on which forecast you are looking at then it turns to sleet and snow later with up to 60mph winds

If the game doesnt make it tonight and the games tomorrow is behind closed doors then couldnt they try another venue? Such as murray park or 3G at Accies or Falkirk stadium. UEFA will want it played regardless I think.

Back