Plan B if pitch waterlogged tonight?

Don’t want to be a pantie wetter but looking at the forecast there is every chance the game will be at risk. Same conditions as Livi game and it got called off with 2 hours to go!

Can’t see it recovering for Friday either as the forecast is for worse for tomorrow!

does anyone know if we have covers?

Its nothing like the same conditions, consider your knickers pished

3pqvry.jpg

Apparently covers aren't an option for rain fall.

Why not do u know, I mean if it was setup like a tent or dome the water would filter to the sides and down the drain?

Let's hope its fine, I still find it bizarre that teams in lower leagues have better condition of pitch with a tiny budget and no state of art equipment.

A simple gazebo style setup with runoff and simple tarp guttering wouldnt be difficult to do
Not many gazebos football pitch sized kicking about are there.

Covers for rain would also bring water to the surface and enhance any disease already there as it'd give increase temperature and humidity.

Work 10 minute walk from Ibrox and looks fine outside just now. Should be ok for a UEFA match of only on and off during day.

Got to love a lot of the replies that start with "I'm sure" but end in "though i'm not sure". Or with "fact" then "apparently". Contradictions galore :D.

Really hope this goes ahead tonight.

I've never seen any pictures or evidence of the pitch being covered at any point. Plenty of pictures from various times and days out there and never one where covers are used.

I don't know if that's standard these days or not.
I imagine that they will have been trying to dry it out as much as they can. Covering it will prevent it from drying out when it isn't raining.

Postponed european matches are to be played within 24 hrs if possible.

The only previous example I can recall involving Rangers was versus Cologne in March 1979 at Ibrox in the European Cup Quarterfinals Second Leg. Game on Wednesday night postponed due to snow/ice and played on Thursday night instead. We drew 1-1 and were knocked out on aggregate.

The only previous example I can recall involving Rangers was versus Cologne in March 1979 at Ibrox in the European Cup Quarterfinals Second Leg. Game on Wednesday night postponed due to snow/ice and played on Thursday night instead. We drew 1-1 and were knocked out on aggregate.

Early 60’s we played Vorwarts in the old European Cup. The East Germans couldn’t get visas to play the second leg in Glasgow so our home leg went to Malmo. The game was abandoned after 45 due to rain and we played the following mid-morning. The match itself presented no problems with us winning both legs, 2-1 in E.Germany, 4-1 in Malmo and even in the abandoned game we were up when it was abandoned.

Back