Plan B if pitch waterlogged tonight?

Hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit and give the pitch a bit of a break after the work by the ground staff.

Rain is off at the moment. In fact, it's quite pleasant outside at the moment here in Glasgow. Blue skies and the sun making an appearance. We'll see how long that lasts but it's not so bad right now.

Why not do u know, I mean if it was setup like a tent or dome the water would filter to the sides and down the drain?

Let's hope its fine, I still find it bizarre that teams in lower leagues have better condition of pitch with a tiny budget and no state of art equipment.

The question is where does it then drain to cost wise pumps could be installed to push it out the ground but the potsticker is that there is no real place for it to go

Hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit and give the pitch a bit of a break after the work by the ground staff.

Rain is off at the moment. In fact, it's quite pleasant outside at the moment here in Glasgow. Blue skies and the sun making an appearance. We'll see how long that lasts but it's not so bad right now.
Scrap that - it's chucking it down with snow now. :))

The game would be declared null and void, Braga win and a ban issued to Alfredo Morelos for the rest of the domestic season.
tenor.gif

Jesus.

It's still sunny in the the city centre. I'm just about to go out to get lunch and a subway ticket so no doubt it'll be pissing down in 5 minutes.

Snowing north suburbs of Glasgow just now. Was hailstones about 10 minutes ago. The weather in this country is f**king mental. Too sporadic to do any damage to the pitch though, I think.

Edit/update: back to heavy rain!

Uefa don’t cancel fixtures unless the water is that bad that the ball doesn’t move at all when booted . I mind playing osasuna at Ibrox and there was a swimming pool in both penalty boxes . I also mind Chelsea playing in Tromso , Norway and the snow on the pitch was 8 inches thick , orange ball play on said uefa .

Theres no chance the game won’t be played .

8 inches of snow, but you can see the lines :)) :)) :))

I was in the stadium on Tuesday night. Lamps were on the pitch but no covers.

I love to see the rainfall figures over the last month. Must be one of the wettest ever winter periods. Playing 5 or 6 games at home hasn’t helped for sure in that period
I hope your not calling into question the leagues random computer fixtures selector?
Seriously though your right the crazy scenario of having so many home games played together doesn’t allow the park the appropriate recovery time, that and with the weather like it is.
Just another feck up from the loonballs running the game.

Why need it be behind closed doors ffs?
So they don’t have to fork out for stewards etc the SRU did it this month for the women’s game was called off at scostoun due to the weather played it the next day in a empty Murrayfield

The only previous example I can recall involving Rangers was versus Cologne in March 1979 at Ibrox in the European Cup Quarterfinals Second Leg. Game on Wednesday night postponed due to snow/ice and played on Thursday night instead. We drew 1-1 and were knocked out on aggregate.
Remember that very well, 1st leg was my first away game in Europe.

So they don’t have to fork out for stewards etc the SRU did it this month for the women’s game was called off at scostoun due to the weather played it the next day in a empty Murrayfield

Quite frankly, that’s a crock.

And besides the loss of revenue would surely outweigh savings on stewarding.

As a matter of interest, what sort of attendance would they get at women’s rugby match?

As a matter of interest, what sort of attendance would they get at women’s rugby match?
Not sure

What if the stewards weren't able to make this part time role? Catering staff not able to make their part time role. Police had booked resources elsewhere?

It's hardly a crock of shit.

What if the stewards weren't able to make this part time role? Catering staff not able to make their part time role. Police had booked resources elsewhere?

It's hardly a crock of shit.

They did it at a days notice for the Livingstone game. Admittedly a lot of fans couldn’t make it but they did at least have the opportunity. Also some Braga fans might have made the trip from Portugal.

I can see where there might be issues. But as my old boss used to say, there are no problems, just opportunities.

Its been mental weather today pissing down then blue sky for about 10 mins then snow then pissing down again now the sun is out again

Back