Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Can confirm a lot of my family are from Partick and all good proddy blood. Used to stay up knightswood and it was pretty mixed where i lived. Yoker however, was rabid mentally challengeds, probably still walking about with that ugly,ugly bumblebee strip they had

Im not saying this because im biased which i am, but its no secret that most of the shitter areas in Glasgow are infested
surprised yoker is there, thought yoker was more blue

surprised yoker is there, thought yoker was more blue

The yoker i know is all rabids lol. Went to school with about 10 boys from there and they were all bitter as they come. Like most places in Glasgow there you will get people supporting both clubs in most parts

There has to be more rangers fans residing in and around Partick than celtic and Partick fans combined. And by miles.

Partick is very much a blue stronghold (minus two shitehole pubs), more so than many an area in Glasgow.
Just been reading a book on the Irish in Scotland, which says that Partick had probably the biggest concentration of Irish Protestants on Clydeside, which might go some way to explaining why it was/is such a strong Orange/ Rangers supporting area. There was also a very big migration of Irish prods to Larkhall.

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.
I van verify this. I stay in Clydebank. Full of Celtic fans. Put it this way, our supporters bus is a mini van. Although makes the return to the boozer all the sweeter when we pump them. Roll on the 30th

All of the Southside except simshill and stamperland

Both infested
Simshill???? you joking. As someone born and brought up in Castlemilk I can honestly say that the entire southside is indeed timmy infested. As someone now living in Simshill (Elmore Avenue) I can assure you it is hoaching with the scum. The place is sadly know as Timshill. Spend a night in the Old Smiddy pub any night of the week and then try and tell folk Simshill is not now a tim infested area.

I van verify this. I stay in Clydebank. Full of Celtic fans. Put it this way, our supporters bus is a mini van. Although makes the return to the boozer all the sweeter when we pump them. Roll on the 30th
Clydebank isn't full of mentally challengeds, far from it.

If we ran a supporters bus we would have 50+ easily. The fact is we are all used to travelling to Ibrox without a bus therefore everyone has already got there own routines.

There's more Bowling Clubs in Clydebank than boozers, try telling them its full a papes ;)

Clydebank isn't full of mentally challengeds, far from it.

If we ran a supporters bus we would have 50+ easily. The fact is we are all used to travelling to Ibrox without a bus therefore everyone has already got there own routines.

There's more Bowling Clubs in Clydebank than boozers, try telling them its full a papes ;)
Am from Duntocher mate. Should have specified..... You know what am talking about

The sad thing is most of these areas that were once heavy Blue and have slid or are sliding to the dark side are doing it because there are thousands of jump the dykes, Bet the majority of Bears have neighbors and family members that would in the past have been expected to be Bears are poets.

As a former resident of Cumnock and Kirkconnel i can safely say they were both majority Rangers strongholds when i was young.

Can also say more people around Sheffield Wednesdayland like us a lot better than them inbred scrubbers....

More to do with ryming slang with their athletics club Shettleston Harriers mate.

It’s only to do with rhyming slang.

Shettleston Harrier - mentally challenged.

Hamilton Accie - Paki.

Or do some think Hamilton is full of Pakistanis because of this????

As I’ve said before going by a lot of the replies on here their support must now be close to 50/50 Protestant/RC as the RC population has stayed the same for decades but on this thread alone all you hear is , now full of them or sadly not as Rangers as it used to be.

It’s very strange some of the replies.

Very surprised that no one has mentioned Edinburgh! Especially the number of students moving there from Glasgow etc for University. Must be thousands and probably a bold statement to make but an equal number of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs fans that all live there?

A boy I know who is a Hibs fan once told me the best supported club in Leith was Rangers

Dunoon is certainly a Blue town, back in the day when Rangers had twenty thousand tickets for the Phiggery there would be more travelling on our bus than theirs. Even at my work of over 30 guys only 3 are mhanks.

Milton is a Rangers place in my eyes. Although there is quite a few wine grapes unfortunately in it now

As I’ve said before going by a lot of the replies on here their support must now be close to 50/50 Protestant/RC as the RC population has stayed the same for decades but on this thread alone all you hear is, now full of them or sadly not as Rangers as it used to be.

It’s very strange some of the replies.

It is very worrying to hear though, thought this would have been an enjoyable thread to make but sounds like we're being dominated in nearly every town because a minority of Rangers supporters in the past few years have either;

A. Jumped ship since administration in 2012 and didn't want to support a team that had to work its way up from the Third Division and were just glory hunters who put themselves first

B. In 2012 some fans actually believed other fans of every other club in Scotland trying to tell them we were a new club and they listened

C. Some started following Scotland's most anti-Rangers political party - the SNP or voted Yes in the Scottish Independence Referendum of 2014

Time to bring back the fans and get the supporters clubs travelling in big numbers once again!

As a former resident of Partick, it was very much a Rangers area back then. I doubt it’s changed that much in the last 10 years?
Partick being a Thistle stronghold? That's just nonsense as Thistle only get a couple of thousand each game.
Partick has a huge Rangers support and loads of Rangers pubs.

It is very worrying to hear though, thought this would have been an enjoyable thread to make but sounds like we're being dominated in nearly every town because a minority of Rangers supporters in the past few years have either;

A. Jumped ship since administration in 2012 and didn't want to support a team that had to work its way up from the Third Division and were just glory hunters who put themselves first

B. In 2012 some fans actually believed other fans of every other club in Scotland trying to tell them we were a new club and they listened

C. Some started following Scotland's most anti-Rangers political party - the SNP or voted Yes in the Scottish Independence Referendum of 2014

Time to bring back the fans and get the supporters clubs travelling in big numbers once again!

I would take some of the replies with a pinch of salt though , some are slight exaggerations.

On the old board I’ve seen the pub I used to drink in described as a “mentally challenged hovel” even though it was prob slightly more bluenose than not and the area I have lived in all my life called a “ 19th Century Terrorist hellhole” despite it being nowhere near the case, and is actually known as a mainly Rangers area.

Lochee in Dundee is a mentally challenged hot spot the place is absolutely howling.

Shettleston Harriers = mentally challengeds. Know quite a few bears from that neck of the woods. Don't let timmy have you believe the entire East End is green and white.

More to do with ryming slang with their athletics club Shettleston Harriers mate.

Thanks for clearing this up, I'm feeling a little bit dim now! :D To be honest I've never heard of the Harriers athletics club.

Battlefield is a strange one, seems to be 50/50, you'll see tops of either side on any given day. Cathcart has the same poety feel to me as Simshill does. Castlemilk I would always have down as being majority them, but I don't spend much time over there. Netherlee/Muirend/Newlands/Shawlands/Giffnock are all majority bears in my experience.

Govanhill used to be a Legia Warsaw stronghold but is now more of a Steaua Bucharest area.

Simshill???? you joking. As someone born and brought up in Castlemilk I can honestly say that the entire southside is indeed timmy infested. As someone now living in Simshill (Elmore Avenue) I can assure you it is hoaching with the scum. The place is sadly know as Timshill. Spend a night in the Old Smiddy pub any night of the week and then try and tell folk Simshill is not now a tim infested area.

Think you read wrong. All of Southside is blue with the exception of the afore mentioned

I don't think that they are outbreeding us it may be simply that RCs by and large support only one team and that obviously is celtic whereas many protestants in the central belt will support their local team, added to that there seems to be a growing number from protestant , non denominational backgrounds who now follow the mhanks.
On that point does anyone know a catholic who supports Rangers ???
Yes, I know 3, but know what your saying

I personally know a good few Bluenoses and Orangemen who come from c/milk..and of course our clubs current Chairman who came from there too

Lochee in Dundee is a mentally challenged hot spot the place is absolutely howling.
There are 2 junior teams in Lochee and United are far bigger than Harp if that is anyway to saying that Lochee is not so much of a "mentally challenged hot spot"

Reactions: STU
Shettleston Harriers = mentally challengeds. Know quite a few bears from that neck of the woods. Don't let timmy have you believe the entire East End is green and white.

I was brought up in Loyalist Wellhouse, a part of Easterhouse where there were very few mentally challengeds, and those who were followers of the filth kept a fairly low profile. Easterhouse on the whole was a massive Bluenose scheme, with the exception of one or two pockets where the filth had the majority.
I also lived in, and frequented, Shettleston for many years and it always felt like a staunchly Bluenose area. My close on Kenmore Street had 7 Bluenose families and one filth. The cops were never away from their door and poor Mrs Timmy was always sporting black eyes. I travelled to European away games on the Shettleston bus, which was always good fun with Jimmy Nic & Co.
I now live in Baillieston and, again, I have no doubt that I reside in a majority Bluenose district of Glasgow......so don't ever believe the nonsense about the east end being a mentally challenged stronghold. I haven't even started on Loyalist Bridgeton or Dennistoun !

EK is at least 70:30 in our favour

Moved to Strathaven and it's certainly bluenoses - pub along the road from me show the football and I've never seen any of their games advertised. The Christmas lights are currently blue and white - that's good enough for me :cool:

Nonsense mate.

Vast majority of Jews would be in Giffnock or Whitecraigs and 80% will be Gers fans.

Stamperland was when i was youngerand there was a synogogue on the main road as well. Not been up that way in years so maybe its all changed now.

Used to do casual postie up your neck so i concur with giffnock/mearns whitecraigs areas

We're not all mentally challengeds in Clydebank.

Clydebank has two non denominational high schools to one bigot factory as far as I am aware.
Still has a bigger Rangers support than them as a result surely.
I reckon it's only cos they wear the green and grey all the time is what warps people's views.

Last edited:
Dunoon is certainly a Blue town, back in the day when Rangers had twenty thousand tickets for the Phiggery there would be more travelling on our bus than theirs. Even at my work of over 30 guys only 3 are mhanks.

Like most of Argyll!

I'd say mid argyll is 70/30 in our favour!

Seems stamperland has divided opinion. Personally I can only speak from experience from work etc. Vast majority are the types that will drop hints about being a celic fan.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and happy to be proven so

Back