“I need Helander back fit sharpish”

Your pathetic, you can’t wait fo Dom somegbing go wrong to get tore in
In English. You’re pathetic, always just waiting for something to go wrong to get tore in
What about Edmunson? He was singing his praises a matter of weeks ago.

Very worrying comment. Helander doesn't fix a midfield that looks like it couldn't give a fück and an attack that's creating next to nothing.

Need Helander to beat St Johnstone ffs.
we created over 20 chances today. Morelos is bang off it and Katic has had a shocker of a few weeks

It's true but a shocking thing to say in an interview. Poor post match interview.

However, Helander isn't going to fix Gerrard's absolutely shocking tactics, team selection or man management.

His interview was an embarrassment there, how can he come out and say hes not shocked or surprised by the result as its happened too much of late? Well that falls on him, if the players arent doing it drop them and they something different
Nobody is shocked watching, but when you're the manager saying this, you're time is running out.

Hes going to lose that dressing room very soon
There was a comment in another Rangers website recently suggesting he already had.

I dismissed it as nonsense but I seriously can't understand the difference since we returned from Dubai. Today just further emphasises this.

That is an absolutely disgraceful comment aimed at a young player of ours, yes the big man had an absolute shocker today, but to be thrown under the bus by the gaffer is beyond the pale.

Haven’t seen the interview yet but those kind of comments are seriously alarming.

I’m not a huge Katic fan and I’ve always thought he was overrated but you cannot keep talking about the players in public like this.

I wouldn’t expect a comment like that from a Rangers manager.

That tink across the city, yes.

As bad as Katic was today, we have been rotten since the break and neither the players or manager seem unable to change that, Helander coming back is not going to make that much of a difference
Still chucking his players under the bus to protect himself. Pathetic

You should have hooked Katic first half when he started passing out the park and it was clear his head was gone. Maybe that’s what he was reminiscing as he slouched down in his seat after their equaliser

He did the same last season as things went south.
A good manager gets the best even out of bad/average players, Clarke at Killie being an obvious example-not advocating Clarke as manager-but its an example of using what you have to maximum effect.
After 2 years and 20 + million spent we can't beat dross SPFL teams

That just sounded desperate to me.

It puts unnecessary pressure on Helander to cure all our woes, and that’s unfair. Katic has been awful since the break, but Goldson has been ropey too and is never singled out.

Also we have bigger problems that just Helander being our. The midfield I’ve said for a while is a midfield that looks like it is made up of Bosman signings and a guy for £50k, we must invest in the summer in that area.

His largest investment in Kent looks a waste of money. Morelos whether it’s to do with all the noise off the pitch I don’t know, but no one is paying us big money for him, and he’s a huge problem for us now.

I’m not one of the blind fan club that thinks he’ll get us there because he’s Steven Gerrard, and his interviews are becoming harder to listen to.

Last edited:
With the greatest of respect, Gerrard is nowhere near ever getting the Liverpool job. Can’t handle pressure, can’t manage games properly, keeps picking favourites. And I say that as I guy who has Liverpool as a second team (far behind Rangers to be clear) and loved him as a player.

If he doesn’t at least win the cup, he should go. And we bring in a real experienced managerial winner to stop 10.

Having watched the interview back in full it wasn’t great viewing.

Clearly under pressure but a dressing room can be a fragile environment. I wonder what the players will make of it.

He really needs to start taking some of the blame, even if he somehow thinks he's faultless the quickest way to lose the dressing room is to constantly blame the players. Could easily have taken Katic off, but Gerrard kept him on, Katic didn't change a formation that was working in the 2nd half, Gerrard did. I can see why some players look completely devoid of confidence because if Gerrard says these things publicly imagine what he says in private

I think thats a bit of a cop out to be honest. Helander was solid, but he had his shaky moments as well. Hardly a ringing endorsement of the other players who are going to have to play until he returns either

Said it before and I'll say it again the evidence is stacking against Gerrard being the manager to take us where we need to go.
Comments like that only make me think I'm right.

way to get the players to dislike you even more steven. Congrats

To be fair being their best pal isn't working is it?

Regardless of what he said today the 2 CH's have been a shambles for weeks now. We don't need him to tell us that - The winners in that dressing room of the past would not be slow in letting both know its unacceptable.

Helander has done nothing to suggest he’s the answer to our current problems all over the pitch. When he was playing, a good number were wanting Katic back in.

These are less than convincing remarks from the gaffer.

Oozes class. Could listen all day. Choo choo etc.

He's not shocked or surprised by what he watched today. Neither am I. You're the guy in the position to do something about it though.

Still chucking his players under the bus to protect himself. Pathetic

You should have hooked Katic first half when he started passing out the park and it was clear his head was gone. Maybe that’s what he was reminiscing as he slouched down in his seat after their equaliser
Got to agree that is poor

Gaffer changes formation by bringing on kamberi , we score and then he subs Morelos for davie to see the game out and we lose a goal .

bringing back helander won’t make a difference when the tactics are suspectv

A poor comment from Gerrard, it will not do much for the confidence of the two playing at the moment and Katic now knows he’s dropped when Helander is available.
Katic will be gone in the summer if Gerrard is still here.

For someone who was so emotional on the pitch it’s utterly bizarre how unemotional he is on the touchline.

Back