“I need Helander back fit sharpish”

Hes going to lose that dressing room very soon
I’d say he’s lost it already. Completely unprofessional comment. Lost patience with him after that. A rookie manager who is sinking weekly. Another failure from our board. Europe financially it paid off. Domestically it’s been a failure.

We pay pefor
Who will replace him isn't an argument for keeping him? I would say its a pretty big question that would need answered before even contemplating a change.
We pay people to have a knowledge of that.Take away who he is and he would be getting more criticism.

exactly. The way the knives are out for Gerrard is embarrassing, rebuilds take time, we all want to win everything yesterday but patience is required. Yer man danger zone will be calling for McInnes to be gaffer
Think a fair few need reminded just how close we came to being managed by McInnes.

It’s a scraping of the barrel moment from Gerrard.

Helander does not fix how bad we have been.

I like Helander but if Gerrard has said that , what message does it send to young Edmusnen and Katic ?

It seems to me that he’s thrown Katic under the bus to save his own neck after yet another utterly disastrous domestic result .

Hugely embarrassing and I say that as a fan of the manager normally he carries himself better than that .

There comes a time when he needs to look at himself surely ?

Katic who he throws under the bus today was instrumental in arguably our two biggest wins this season , Legia at home where he was immense , and our first win at the piggery in almost a decade where he scored the winner .

Pretty disgusted by today all in and that interview just tops it off .

As bad as Katic was today, we have been rotten since the break and neither the players or manager seem able to change that, Helander coming back is not going to make that much of a difference
Yeah we've been shit since break but we needed to continue the feel good factor from Thursday but sadly Katic single handedly fu*ked it all up. He was unbelievably bad .

Embarrassing comments. I’m a big supporter of Gerrard but the solution was to hook Katic before half time, not persist and then throw him under the bus post match.

A lot of focus on the poor defending as you would expect but the defending is a moot point when you create 23 chances but only take 2 of them

As much as I agree with the comment no way should he state this in public.
Remember Gerrard mentioned something about protecting players like McCrorie when he was appointed. Something seems well off

At 1 nil down, katic passed the ball out the park in the first half, gerrard turned round and told edmundson to go out and warm up. That was the time to make the change

Interesting if he’s of that opinion why invite pressure on the two centre backs by adopting a more defensive approach at 2-1. Attack was our best form of defence.

100% agree. He did well to make the changes to bring us back into the game then ballsed it up by changing it again after we went ahead. It should have been left as it was.

Nothing wrong with the comment in my view.

Defensively we are all over the place, but our options are limited with an untested inexperienced player like Edmunson on the bench.

Helander is a £4m international.

Unfortunately if Gerrard has publicly said that he is almost finished as a Rangers manager.
Not under the current board. They are the clueless lot that keep gambling with poor managers. It would mean admitting another screw up from a rudderless ship. We will never win the league under this current board, they are at the heart of this.

He is getting plenty of critisicim.

Who do you want as manager?
That question is a load of shit constantly flung out on here when people question the mounting evidence that he won't be able to do what we need.Say it again I'm not a CEO or DOF I have my ideas. But they probably wouldn't match someone who's job it is to recruit.Facts are he has had most money since Smith and doesn't look much closer to winning league than when he came in and hasn't won a cup in an abortion of a league.Facts.

exactly. The way the knives are out for Gerrard is embarrassing, rebuilds take time, we all want to win everything yesterday but patience is required. Yer man danger zone will be calling for McInnes to be gaffer
Tbf Gerrard has been given millions to beat the dross, this is his second season and he still hasn't found a way to win dirty. If we don't progress to the next round of EL and fail to win the Scottish Cup I think he'll be finished by many.

Nothing wrong with the comment in my view.

Defensively we are all over the place

Then take him off. Or change to three at the back. Or anything. He's the manager, he can do that.

Every one with eyes could see Katic was struggling right from the get go, and not a soul would have criticised Gerrard for taking him off, but to leave him out there and then throw him under a bus after the match is extremely poor.

True or not, it's an embarrassing comment to make in public. If treacle teeth was doing this to his players we'd be lapping it up and calling him out for saving his own skin.

Manager really needs to start taking responsibility for HIS team. European form aside, this has got a bad look to it.

Gerrard has to be more measured at his after match conferences. It's alright being honest and forthright, but he doesn't need to be as scathing in public as he is. That should be done in the dressing room behind closed doors.

I like Helander but if Gerrard has said that , what message does it send to young Edmusnen and Katic ?

It seems to me that he’s thrown Katic under the bus to save his own neck after yet another utterly disastrous domestic result .

Hugely embarrassing and I say that as a fan of the manager normally he carries himself better than that .

There comes a time when he needs to look at himself surely ?

Katic who he throws under the bus today was instrumental in arguably our two biggest wins this season , Legia at home where he was immense , and our first win at the piggery in almost a decade where he scored the winner .

Pretty disgusted by today all in and that interview just tops it off .
That’s exactly what it is.

He’s sacrificed a young player to save his own skin and it’s a disgrace to be honest.

I think some folk are over reacting to the comment as it's very clear Helander is a first pick in this team. SG was only stating the obvious.

Embarrising comment from Gerrard.

He wouldnt say something like this when Tavernier or Goldson have shite games. He is a very weak manager.

That question is a load of shit constantly flung out on here when people question the mounting evidence that he won't be able to do what we need.Say it again I'm not a CEO or DOF I have my ideas. But they probably wouldn't match someone who's job it is to recruit.Facts are he has had most money since Smith and doesn't look much closer to winning league than when he came in and hasn't won a cup in an abortion of a league.Facts.
Asking who you want as manager is not a load of shit, you having a tantrum at that while demanding Gerrard goes is absolutely laughable. You don't have any preference?

You don't need to be a chairman or DoF to have a preference as who you want as manager. Facts are that Gerrard has actually brought in the most money into the club since Smith. When he came we had finished 3rd behind Aberdeen in the previous two seasons.

Doesn't matter Helander, Katic or Edmundson with Goldson who is our steadiest defender we are not winning any league, we still need better.

The comment from manager are concerning, you just don’t do that. I don’t see Gerrard losing his job but I don’t think he will start next season with us.

Sorry gaffer, Helander has been shite ever since he arrived apart from last ditch tackling in Europe.massive waste of cash. Considering edmundson is better

Gerrard should have took him off at half time it was clear as day he wasn't in it

if he said this he should be ashamed. He's walking a very thin line here and could lose the dressing room sharpish

I'm a Gerrard fan but not taking katic off first was 100% his choice.when it was clear as day. He can't go throwing the player under the bus when his decision to keep him on goes wrong in the end. It wasn't one small mistake - anyone could see katic wasn't in it today at all and I say this as a katic fan. How he made it past half time I'll never know

He’s just said that in his post match interview but it’s a throwaway comment to defend himself. He picks the team and Katic and Goldson have been awful yet Edmundson who done well against Hibs and is useful on the ball frozen out again

Edmonson was woeful against killie.

Asking who you want as manager is not a load of shit, you having a tantrum at that while demanding Gerrard goes is absolutely laughable. You don't have any preference?

You don't need to be a chairman or DoF to have a preference as who you want as manager. Facts are that Gerrard has actually brought in the most money into the club since Smith. When he came we had finished 3rd behind Aberdeen in the previous two seasons.
If money was made available Big Sam.There you go wouldn't be pretty but would get it done imo.

Not under the current board. They are the clueless lot that keep gambling with poor managers. It would mean admitting another screw up from a rudderless ship. We will never win the league under this current board, they are at the heart of this.
Come on, who would you put in place? Very very quick to slate everything and anything but who is your solution?

Me neither.
Warburton levels of predictability

Talks a lot of shite to be honest.
The minute he started about his ‘leaders’ a few months back was when I opted out.

He has a squad full of shite bags.

Leaders?

Like Jack greeting like a wean when he lost to the beggars, yet again?
Like Tav disappearing up his own arse the minute the going gets tough?

It’s all just bullshit to try and cover up 11 empty jerseys.

Talks a lot of shite to be honest.
The minute he started about his ‘leaders’ a few months back was when I opted out.

He has a squad full of shite bags.

Leaders?

Like Jack greeting like a wean when he lost to the beggars, yet again?
Like Tav disappearing up his own arse the minute the going gets tough?

It’s all just bullshit to try and cover up 11 empty jerseys.
I was out the day he mentioned the performance was unrecognisable...despite it being all too familiar.

Back