“I need Helander back fit sharpish”

So he replaces Katic. Who replaces Goldson?

Ah, I forgot, he's undroppable no matter how crap he gets. Believe me, he's really crap right now. The defence has became a joke .

As for our finishing?

Forget it. I'm going to get on with my day.

Absolutely massive mistake. The subs we made gave St Johnstone a boost I feel, as we took our foot off the jugular.

Huge talk midweek about being positive and remaining positive. Why such negative subs with a one goal lead against lesser opposition.

Exactly right, said during the week, when you are defending badly, try not to do so much of it. All out attack is our best option, we are so weak at the back, just look at the number of chances we create to score one vs the number our opposition need to create for us to concede one.

Gerrard openly said why he signed Helander and has been open about Katic too. It seems a bit brutal for me for him to say it like that in a post match interview but people have been complaining whenever Katic got dropped in the past, and complaining today that he wasn't hooked after 30 minutes.

Katic got a new contract recently and has received praise from Gerrard as well. He is maybe trying something different for a reaction.

Loyalty goes both ways Mr Gerrard.By all means get tore into the players in the dressing room.But don't throw players under the Bus in interviews

You can’t keep coming out and digging players every week, how can you expect them to come out and perform the following week if you say that ? If we had a massive squad full of quality I’d see the point but we don’t
He would hope that the players would want to prove him wrong.

I will defend him a little for the comments, while seeing that they were most likely unwise;

He knows we have a far better team that St Johnstone and he knows we have a far better team than Killie and Hearts. He will have tried being nice, tried pleading for more and he has probably, just like the rest of us, reached the point where he is at his wits end with the guys on the park. He is right, we need Helander back and we need him sharpish because Katic is in a poor bit of form and Goldson looks to be regressing too.

What this looks like, though, and the players will agree I think, is a man running out of ideas on how to change things around. He will either get a big, really big, reaction or this will blow up on him. I can understand why he said it but at the same time I can see why he should not have said it.

In English. You’re pathetic, always just waiting for something to go wrong to get tore in

we created over 20 chances today. Morelos is bang off it and Katic has had a shocker of a few weeks
I agree 100%, but unfortunately scoring at one end and keeping them out at the other is somewhat important. We have a nervous center half and an over anxious striker, a recipe for the disaster we just witnessed

On the run of play we should have won 5-0 today.

He's kidding himself on if he reckons Helander will sort out our sloppy, cowardly, kiddy-on approach.
The mentality is the problem but Gerrard's looking like he's part of the problem.

Is this another player who is getting better when not playing. Helander looked ok i suppose but also had games where he struggled. There are a lot more problems than 1 centre half.

Embarrassing classless comment from him really.

Goldson has also been as bad as Katic
Goldson is on the protected species list.

Perhaps Gerrard needs to take a look at himself, Katic while young and in need of games to develop would be a lot further down the line in terms of development had Gerrard not blindly persisted with Worrall last season.

As much as Katic has been horrendous (and we are all thinking the same) that’s embarrassing if he’s said that. Need to stop throwing players under the bus.
I think Katic threw himself under the bus. In four games we have lost 8 goals our defensive frailties are all there to see. I don't just blame Katic all the players are not playing well.

I agree 100%, but unfortunately scoring at one end and keeping them out at the other is somewhat important. We have a nervous center half and an over anxious striker, a recipe for the disaster we just witnessed

On the run of play we should have won 5-0 today.
exactly. The way the knives are out for Gerrard is embarrassing, rebuilds take time, we all want to win everything yesterday but patience is required. Yer man danger zone will be calling for McInnes to be gaffer

Fucking scandalous comment. He's watched him in the first half. Should have hooked Katic at half time. But he allowed him to finish the game and then come out with crap like that.
Also said he didn't want to take players off to early because it can ruin there confidence. But it's ok to come out and say you need to get an injured player back pronto! Really strange approach if you ask me.
The drop off from the break has been unacceptable and if he says he's not surprised to draw 2-2 with teams we should be wiping the floor with then it's more than big Katic that's the problem.

That’s a tremendous vote of confidence to young George Edmundson.

Man management isn’t a strong point is it?

Katic has shown many times he can be a very good player for us. Big question mark is why so many players are shit out of form in what is now our 11th game since the break.

I hate to speculate, but it certainly sounds like the interview that you give when things are unravelling.

I hope not.

We can ill afford another new project.

Gerrard hoped we could just see the game out at 2-1

Funny that, I reckoned that like the scum do, we should have finished that lot off.

Disgusted

True, but Katic dropped another clanger just after we made the subs and it cost us a goal.

We scored twice away from home. We shouldn't be dropping points in this league any time we score twice. 2 errors from Katic cost us as much as the formation.

Boyd is right. Every player that has been dropped suddenly becomes a good player by not playing. Centre half needs addressed in the summer.

who would you put in place superman?
That's not an argument for keeping him.Am I Rangers CEO or DOF? Do I have the CV's and knowledge of world football to replace him? That argument is so flawed and boring on here it's untrue.No manager would be replaced with that thinking if we asked punters to think of a replacement.

SG certainly has a big problem for Wednesday concerning the Centre Backs. Katic looks short on confidence and form so playing him will be a big risk.

Interesting if he’s of that opinion why invite pressure on the two centre backs by adopting a more defensive approach at 2-1. Attack was our best form of defence.

I didn't really see any pressure. I saw a schoolboy attempt at preventing and then defending a corner which is nothing to do with shape.

Mind we had managers who won trophies called advocatt, mcleish and smith who didn't do that to any of their players regardless of performance? It was spoken about and changes made behind closed doors.

Gerrards conduct here isnt acceptable.
Advocaat threw players under the bus, don’t talk shite.

So he's here for eternity? Who will replace him or how will we pay him off? Isn't an argument for keeping him.
Who will replace him isn't an argument for keeping him? I would say its a pretty big question that would need answered before even contemplating a change.

exactly. The way the knives are out for Gerrard is embarrassing, rebuilds take time, we all want to win everything yesterday but patience is required. Yer man danger zone will be calling for McInnes to be gaffer

The manager made fantastic substitutions on Thursday and great changes today. Two up front and Aribo andKent linking up down the left was inspired. But what will be remembered is the draw. Alfie missed one to go 3-1 up, and you just knew what was coming. Then a cheap corner and failure to clear the lines at a bread and butter corner.

He’s 100% wrong to come out against his own player, but FFS, the first goal was BB football.

I'm sorry, the tactics we can squabble about, but that's extremely unacceptable if he's come out with that. While I agree Katic was awful today he's hardly the reason we've been so bad since December, and even if he was the guy isn't picking himself. If it was glaring enough to be chucking him under the bus, it was glaring enough to be subbing him at half time.

This is the first time I've felt Gerrard has been properly out of line. The tactics etc you can put down to naivety and still learning, this is just crass.

Heleander looked good in Europe but no better than the other 3 clowns we have at centre half in the league.

Back